Days of Our Lives - Tues., Dec., 16, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Threats abound today in Salem, and not a DiMera in sight. Replay of Anne being snarky to Melanie about being hired & starting on the 12th......of Never. In the background, Theresa is grinning from ear to ear. Melanie is getting ticked, Anne is claiming the hospital has a hiring freeze going on, but Brady comes riding in on his white horse to the rescue. Anne tries to leave, nope, you wait right there for me. He calms Melanie down, tells her to go away, anywhere, and after all the trouble she has caused her dad, don't add to it by making a fuss at the hospital. Mel quietly agrees and leaves. Now Brady questions Anne about this hiring freeze, which was not to begin until after January lst. She claims Seth Burns left it to her discretion. Brady points out that Melanie has worked there before, has a good rep, and that perhaps Anne has more personal reasons for not wanting Mel to work there. Anne keeps looking at Theresa, hems and haws. Brady suggests they go see Seth right now, and she can explain her reasoning to him. Anne tries to says Seth's schedule is full today, but Brady knows Seth would make room for this. Or, Plan B, and Anne can reconsider her decision. Anne chooses Plan B, causing Theresa to slam something down on the counter back there, and storm off.

Sonny calls Will, who has been working or something, hasn't seen him since yesterday. Sonny starts to tell him the problem with the south side club, but Will has an appointment and has to run. A disappointed Sonny sits down on the bench, and here comes Paul, fresh from buying the latest items from Disguises R Us....dark sunglasses & a baseball cap. Standard Salem items guaranteed to have no one notice or recognize you. :sarcasm: Paul hadn't heard from Sonny last night, was worried. No problem, everything is o.k. Paul tries to talk of how when Sonny called it was like old times. But Sonny tells him no, reminding Paul of his choices, how he still flirts with the girls, is still hiding. made his choices, which were not Sonny's. But, they both have to live their own lives.

Will meets up with Zoe and Mr. Price, publisher of Sonix Magazine. This article Will is to write is super hush hush, Will can tell no one. Will mentions his husband, Mr. Price is a wee bit taken aback, but recovers, Will can marry anyone he wants. But, he can tell no one what he is working on, or who, and wonders what Will is going to say if the subject asks about his marriage, since Will wears a ring. Will claims he will be honest. But promises to tell no one, is given the packet of information, and realizes it is Paul Narita, the ball players. Mr. Price leaves, Zoe gives him Paul's private number.
Sonny returns to the club, gets a message that Will is going to be home late, is working. BAck to Will, who calls Paul, who doesn't want to go out in public, so Will is to come there. Now. Will agrees, looks at his wedding ring, takes it off, slipping it into his pocket.

Nicole & Daniel almost kiss, but...nope, they are friends first. They back off, do a lot of joking around about them both, and being friends, and she leaves. In the park, she is talking on phone to co worker about the piece she is to do tonight, she drops some papers, gathers them up, sees a flyer for some event which I think was at St. Luke's. She flashes back to Eric telling her he hates her, and cannot forgive her. She shrugs, decides she is over Eric, and Daniel is not a rebound guy, and she is not a rebound girl.

Eric and Serena DO kiss, surprising themselves, but liking it. Roman arrives, had heard Serena was in town, comes in. He & Serena glad hand each other, hugs, but Serena has to rush off, forgot an appointment. Roman teases Eric a bit about Serena, noting that while they have been in touch via e-mail, she is here now, and Eric is no longer a priest.

Serena has gone to meet up with Melanie, who is now all nosy and gushy about Serena & Eric. Along comes Daniel, Mel does the introductions, Serena heard all about him from Eric, he is awesome. Melanie starts with the 20 questions again, but alas, again, Serena has to rush off.

She meets up with Eric at the Pub. He is serious, has something important to say. She jokes that it has to be about who is going to pay for dinner, but then wonders if it about the kiss. She sees his face, gets serious, says you do have something important to say.
Outside, Nicole sees the couple through the window...and exclaims.....WHO IS that woman.?

Brady has stormed into the break room where Theresa has gone, is done with Anne, and now it is Theresa's turn. He reads her a riot act, tells her that Melanie is a very good friend, and lay off the stunts, because if it came down to you and her, one guess who I would choose. He reminds Theresa they had a deal, each go their own way. Theresa protests about Melanie, but Brady once again, tells her he is tired of her stunts she is or has pulled with people he cares about....Daniel, Melanie, Jennifer, and warns her he will come after her if she persists. Theresa more or less tells him to shove it. (my words), telling him she won't bother his precious Melanie, she is too busy dodging hospital gossip of how she faked a pregnancy. Brady warns her again, she says they are done, there is the door. Brady leaves, but Melanie pops in. So, you faked getting pregnant by Brady?

Replay of Aiden nearly walking out the hotel room door, Hope calling him back with a kiss, he kisses her back, and soon they are in bed, and very happy. In afterglow, he starts to apologize for his meltdown, but Hope tells him he was absolutely right. That all these things come up one after the other, and she asks questions, and should not have. She says that she has never talked to him about Bo, why he left, what happened, but Aiden says he doesn't want to know. She says others have asked, just not understanding it is private, assures him she will not return Bree's calls, or take them if Bree calls her. She continues on that she has some memories, of Bo, of some wonderful moments and times...but Aiden interrupts. He knows she does, but doesn't want to know any of that. He wants to make their own moments, their own memories, just theirs. Kiss.
Later, both are dressed, she wishes she could stay, lots of kissing. He has a few calls to make, so will check them out of the room. She leaves.
Aiden calls Bree. She is surprised and hesitant. He tells her that she has to know why he is calling. That if she ever calls Hope again, he will come after her. And she knows exactly what he is capable of. He hangs up.

I'm thinking Bree's issue has more to do with her and Aiden versus Meredith and Aiden. Her entire tune changed when Aiden called her. If she hates him so much, why didn't she yell back at him or threaten him back? I'm thinking she and Aiden may have had an affair.

Glad that Brady did the right thing but Anne really needs to be fired. As does Jeannie Theresa. The show always overlooks her wrongdoings once she does the right thing. That should not be acceptable.

I'm tired of Hope and Aiden being in a hotel set.

And Nicole working on a park bench in December with no stockings and sandal-like shoes? I guess they needed the blue wall set for the hospital waiting room today.

Maggie has trained Daniel well in terms of how to helicopter parent your adult child.

Who doesn't Serena know? This is all a bit over the top. It would have made more sense to make her the child of an existing Salemite. Then she and Eric could say they grew up together and reconnected in Africa.

Oh yeah, Eric is really looking like a man devastated that he had to leave the priesthood. And of course the entire Brady family just loves Serena. Poor Nicole. When will the writers ever cut her some slack. She's going to continue to be worse than the devil. I wish they'd bring in someone new and let her be happy. It cracks me up too how Will is now this great writer that everyone wants. Should be interesting to see his interactions with Paul. It's very interesting that Sonny was calling Paul but then Will came home.

I'm thinking Bree's issue has more to do with her and Aiden versus Meredith and Aiden. Her entire tune changed when Aiden called her. If she hates him so much, why didn't she yell back at him or threaten him back? I'm thinking she and Aiden may have had an affair.
This seems highly likely. If she was a scorned lover, that would easily explain her hatred for Aiden, and suggests that her warning to Hope didn't relate to the death of Meredith, but to the fact that he's a cheater. Elsewhere, it was let's make the characters look dumb day. Why would Paul Narita, who is trying to hide both the fact that he's gay and that he had secret arm surgery, ever want to talk to a reporter for a trashy, tell-all publication like the wretched Sonix???? And why would Anne Milbauer directly try to block the employment of the the daughter of the almighty Dr. McScruffy? She has to know that the entire hospital thinks that the unshaven wonder surgeon walks on water and should also be aware that he's pals with Brady, who along with Chad really calls the shots at the hospital. Anne is no dummy and if she wants to sabotage Nurse Betty Boop, she and her little helper, Jeannie T., could find some subtle ways of doing it.

Will tells Paul he has an office in the Sonix building yet he meets with management in the middle of the pub to talk about a BIG hush hush story. :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm predicting Aiden is going get all "psycho Lifetime husband" on Hope and Bo will ride in before the 50th anniversary wraps up to save her only to be whisked back off for a top secret covert operation.

Most important takeaway of today - Daniel is AMAZING!!!!
There's so much ridiculousness that you simply can't make this stuff up! :rotfl::rotfl:

Edited to add: I wish I could stand on Theresa's side against Melanie. As obnoxious, self-righteous and overbearing as Melanie is, the writers ruined Theresa's character beyond the point of me being able to really sympathize for her.

I said it in another thread, but I don't like Aiden. He threatened Bree and she looked scared to death. If it wasn't that he has a child, I would be convinced he's bad news.

So far I don't particularly care for Serena. She's just too perfect. Roman and Marlena are just gushing over her. Apparently she must have had a bit of an agenda re: Eric upon her move to Salem. Things are just moving too quickly and it's all based on made up out of nowhere back story. And then Serena sings the good Dr. Jonas's praises telling him how wonderful he is. Mind you, I like Daniel but I hate how they always have to have practically every character with the exception of Theresa and Anne constantly worshipping him. It's annoying. And can someone please get Serena a watch or set her calendar app on her smartphone to ring when she needs to be somewhere? Seriously, in the less than 2 Salem days she's been here she has remarked no less than 3 times about the time and not realizing it was so late. Writing fail.

So we are going to have round 2 of Melanie vs Theresa tomorrow. It'll be quite interesting if/when Kristen returns with the Brady/Theresa baby how everyone will treat Theresa then.

Daniel and Nicole need to stop fighting it and just go with it. They can still take things slowly (read: not jump into bed right away) but it looks to me like they are falling in love with each other and are just too scared to admit that.

Hope and Aiden really need to stop going to the hotel to have sex.

The Will/Sonny/Paul story is good so far. It's a little predictable but I'm enjoying it. I had to laugh at Will's comment about his office at Sonix. That the first we've heard about that!

Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately) I had an appointment and missed today's episode but I read about Serena's remarks about Daniel (who I don't dislike) with interest and amusement. Folks, I think we just need to accept that Daniel's milkshake brings all the girls to the yard. The sun exists to cast its warmth upon the living wonder that is Dr. Daniel Jonas. When Daniel was made the good Lord didn't just break the mold he blasted into atoms. In other words it's a Jonas world and we all just live in it.

Sparkster, I agree with you about Hope and Aiden. Right now, sex is the only
thing in their relationship. Neither one is being honest about personal/private
stuff. There are some things Hope won't tell Aiden about Bo, but they need
to talk about some personal things and not just jump into bed... but it's Salem.

Yesterday, Marlena talked to Eric and Serena about their trip to NY. Today
Roman talked about it. Was this a family trip with the Eric and Sami? How
old was everyone and did John go too. LOL

I guess Serena's animal print dress worked on Eric since he remembered
all the things that happened in Africa and kissed her :)

So what was in the envelope Will got about Paul? Is the article going to
be about more than Paul's surgery? Then Will took his wedding ring
off.....oh my....will Paul try to kiss Will......

I wish people would remember to close doors in Salem to stop
people listening to them. Hopefully, Mel and Theresa won't have
another cat fight... meow..hiss.. hiss

Anne took one look at Melanie's official nursing portrait in her file and said "no way!":

th

So when Aiden isn't telling Chase to stop talking about money and his mom, or having sex with Hope, will he be threatening innocent women.

If the man I'm currently seeing/sleeping with had a wife who died under mysterious circumstances and a woman tries to gently urge me to be careful, you can believe I'm going to listen. Hope is a single mom and a cop. I hope she doesn't let her guard down completely when it comes to this good-looking, smooth talking man.

I am no fan of Theresa, but Brady's "don't make me choose between you and Melanie" threat is a bit over the top and out of line, as in obvious. He has made himself clear he wants nothing to do with Theresa, so of course he'd "chose" a very good friend over the woman who bashed his Dad in the head. Was this scene meant to be portray Brady as chivalrous? Just sounds awkward and embarrassing. Melanie can't handle another female on her own and needs big bad Brady to stomp and shout for her?

I think Brady was really ticked off more at the fact that Anne was blocking the hiring of Melanie because of being friends with Theresa who wanted nothing more than to have Melanie be denied....especially since both women have this "thing" against Dr. Jonas.

Back