Days of Our Lives - Tues., Dec., 2, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, December 2, 2014

yawwwnnn. Replay of Jordan pounding on Clyde's door, with Kate opening it, draped in a white bathrobe, asking if she can help her. They exchange a few barbs, here comes Clyde, Kate figures she will go freshen up and give them some privacy. Jordan is furious that Clyde is with his "whore", he cautions her not to talk of Kate in those terms. They go back and forth, conversation gets quite heated. Jordan is furious, telling Clyde to stay out of her life, quit throwing money at Ben, and leave them alone. She made herself a new and good life in Salem, he is not going to ruin it.
Kate has been eavesdropping of course, but doesn't come out til later, when Clyde sits with a drink. He is sorry she had to hear that scene, was horrible. He tells her the food came, she asks if he is hungry. Inuendo here, as he smiles, stands up, says he is, kisses her. Later, evidently in afterglow, they sit in bed eating avocado slices, she asks if he has thought any more about the home he wanted to buy. Matter of fact, he has, but he thinks he has a better idea of how to spend that money. Grins from both.

Replay of Chad making derogatory remarks about Ben after Tad relates the "full monty" thing when Melanie went over. Victor comes in at that point, and before Ben can retaliate, wants to talk to Chad. They sit at a table, where Victor tells Chad he was always a nice guy, and he worried about him spending all that time with his father, that it might change him. He notes that his father would be very proud of him. They talk about Sonny, the south side club, Vic knows Sonny put up a lot of money for it, and Victor starts to say he would be willing........Chad cuts him short. He & Sonny are friends, and he doesn't need anything from Victor. Chad leaves.

Sonny returns to the Club, sees Ben is not in a good mood, T explains how he told Chad about Melanie bursting in, Chad teasing Ben, etc., & how Victor came in to talk to Chad, so that stopped anything. Now Tad notes that they have to make another coffee run to the hospital, does Sonny want to go. Nope, send Ben. Adrienne has come in, talks with her son, who lets her know he has talked to Will, who did not like everyone calling him saying he & Sonny had not spoken in 3 days. She apologizes, says she & Lucas were worried, they care, yada, yada. She asks if all is o.k. Yep But Mom is smarter than that, mentions him not wanting to go to the hospital, she was there earlier, saw someone, finally saying it was Paul.....Narita. (fair warning......lots of flashbacks by both Sonny & Paul of them being in bed together, and each telling the other he loved him)

Abby comes into Paul's room with a box of baseballs for him to autograph. He does one for her, flirts a bit. She goes out, sees candy striper Karen ogling Ben, informs her Ben is her boyfriend. Karen doesn't believe her. Abby goes to say hi to Ben, kisses him, smiles at Karen, who mouths a "Woww".

Paul decides to rest a bit, but does the flashback thing.

Melanie sits on a bench, checking something on her phone. Gets surprised herself by Brady. Hugs galore, chatter about nothing. Meanwhile Maggie is at Daniel's, arranging a flower vase, as Daniel admires the basket of goodies Maggie brought for Melanie. They gush over Melanie being back, but both are thinking that there is more to her returning than she has said. Daniel thinks maybe she was escaping some relationship by returning to Salem, the same way she escaped Chad when she left. Victor has arrived, then Melanie comes in with Brady. Greetings and hugs all around, squeals of delight, nonsensical chatter. Brady wants to go talk privately with Victor over lunch...about business. Melanie claims she lost the locket Daniel gave her, has to go look for it, retrace her steps. She will be back in an hour.

She goes to Victor's (Maggie gave her a spare key) pulls out a tablet, checks something, heaves a sigh of relief, she was worried for nothing.
Maggie & Daniel are convinced all the more now that something in particular sent Melanie scurrying home to Salem, no matter what she says.

Brady sits with Victor at the Pub, telling him plainly, but repeatedly to stop the blabbing about him and his life. Especially Theresa. Victor thinks everyone should know the kind of person Theresa is, but Brady doesn't want Melanie in particular to know about the almost pregnancy, and if he does, he will tell her himself.

Chad runs into Jordan, who is very upset about her run in with Clyde, tells Chad all about it. They kiss, he offers his help with whatever she might need, sits with his arm around her, and her head on his shoulder.

And somewhere, a man with an accent is gazing at pictures of Melanie, when a woman walks in...I think she is wearing Cher's curly wig, lol. He says Melanie is in Salem, she will take it from there. She dials a number. At Daniel's, his phone rings. He answers, the woman says, :"Is Melanie Jonas there" ?

In the beginning, Adrienne is at the hospital talking to Abby (by the nurses station). Paul is outside of his room, talking to a nurse and Adrienne is giving him the stink-eye. Abby asks Adrienne if she knows Paul.

Paul finishes talking to the nurse (who is starry-eyed over him) and goes back into his room. Adrienne (still with the sour puss on her face) says to Abby that she thought he looked like someone she knew, but so do a lot of people. She and Abby chat a moment, Abby leaves and Adrienne looks at Paul's hospital room door, obviously not happy.

Meanwhile Sonny sits on bench in the square and remembers (in flashbacks) being in bed with Paul, kissing, and Paul telling Sonny he loves him.

Thanks for the summary. You're right Poirot--absolutely boring episode today. Too much Jordan and Daniel/eggfamily. Plus, Brady whining again about his poor choices and blaming Victor is overkill. It was nice seeing Adrienne and Tad again today.

The whole Karin scenes sound pointless...

Filler scenes, Daysdg, strictly filler. Not important in the least, but......gave Corday's granddaughter some screentime, I guess.

Just like Brady repeating several times to Victor he did not want him "blabbing" about his time with theresa. He said it several times, and I felt, yes.......strictly filler.

A boring episode but also a set-up day. Seems like lots of wheels being set in motion. But yes way too many newbies and yet again a poorly edited episode. I felt like every 15 minutes focused on a new set of characters.

Way too many newbies too. Had today been Marlena, John, Rafe, Hope, Aiden, Kayla, Abigail, Ben, Sonny, Will, Lucas instead, I would have been much more interested.

Clyde also grabbed Jordan by the neck. Kate's response to that was to sleep with him again. Kate is a despicable human being and is a poor example for fans of this show, especially as an abuse victim herself.

On a different note, I'm fascinated by the fact that every female in Salem has a coat that is directly tailored to match the dress that she is wearing underneath. The coat is never longer or shorter. And if the dress is low cut, so is the coat. Go figure.

Bet you are talking color, KL. There was a shot of Melanie sitting on the sofa, and honestly, her leg was exposed all the way to her hip. My jaw dropped, but that is what happens with those tooo short dresses.

Some may call it filler, but I actually like episodes like this -- when nothing happens, no stories move forward, and characters just show up to talk. One of the reasons I like this genre -- nothing has to be wrapped up quickly, they have all the time in the world to tell a story. I'm a fan of Charles Dickens as well!
I especially enjoy the banter between Kate and Jordan. She just tees 'em up for Kate to hit lines out of the park -- Lauren Koslow (Kate) is a gem.

edited to add character name....JS

I was surprised when Karin came on today. It's been a long time since
she's been on the show.

I'm glad Daniel isn't fooled by Melanie's return. He's knows something
is going on. Will we have to wait to next year to find out what (Ha, ha)

I wonder if Kate peeked around the corner when Clyde manhandled Jordan.

Melanie's coat reminds me of comedies when a woman comes out
of the ladies room and her dress is messed up :)

Clyde also grabbed Jordan by the neck. Kate's response to that was to sleep with him again. Kate is a despicable human being and is a poor example for fans of this show, especially as an abuse victim herself.
I completely agree that Kate is a despicable human being and it goes double ditto for Clyde. I fast forward them "making love" - makes me want to throw up!

Bet you are talking color, KL. There was a shot of Melanie sitting on the sofa, and honestly, her leg was exposed all the way to her hip. My jaw dropped, but that is what happens with those tooo short dresses.

Especially considering that it's almost winter in the Midwest? Why oh WHY can't they dress the characters realistically?

A boring episode but also a set-up day. Seems like lots of wheels being set in motion. But yes way too many newbies and yet again a poorly edited episode. I felt like every 15 minutes focused on a new set of characters.

Way too many newbies too. Had today been Marlena, John, Rafe, Hope, Aiden, Kayla, Abigail, Ben, Sonny, Will, Lucas instead, I would have been much more interested.

On a different note, I'm fascinated by the fact that every female in Salem has a coat that is directly tailored to match the dress that she is wearing underneath. The coat is never longer or shorter. And if the dress is low cut, so is the coat. Go figure.
Speaking of the vets, it feels like we haven't seen Hope (or Aiden, but he's a newbie) in forever! I'd even rather see another gala-dance flashback of them instead of Jordan complaining about Clyde for the umpteenth time.

Also, I'm not surprised that Kate doesn't care about Clyde's mistreatment of his stepdaughter. This is the same soap that had Sami in bed with her rapist and marry him later on.

There was a shot of Melanie sitting on the sofa, and honestly, her leg was exposed all the way to her hip. My jaw dropped, but that is what happens with those tooo short dresses.

I agree completely. In fact, and this must be because I was so bored with the show (I actually almost dozed off), I couldn't help but imagine that her dress (I'd personally call it a sweater) was not long enough to cover her derrière when she hugged Brady before he left. Seeing as he's so tall and she had to get her arms way up there, her dress must have followed. Thus the camera didn't show her below the waist so we would not see that.

See ? That's how bored I was !
I predicted it : Now that Melanie is back, she will be on every single day, while others (Nicole, for instance) are once again back burned. :beat::angry:

And with her, we get Dan the Man, nosy Maggie, and of course, her friend Abigail, who not only bores me to tears, but annoys me to no end. Like her mother !

I thought Melanie's scenes with Brady were fantastic--no wonder I keep reading that people want them to hook up!

Melanie is also really good for distracting people from being annoying. Now that she's back, Maggie can fixate on her secret and stop worrying about whether Daniel gave JJ his money back, and Brady was a lot less obnoxious than he's been in a long time too. I liked that both Daniel and Victor had the same intuition regarding Melanie's sudden return, and Melanie herself is not doing much to make it appear like this is all innocent. Also when she was on the park bench and she put that purse full of money down I thought she was really taking a risk--yet another purse snatcher could have happened by, taken it all and that would have been that.

I enjoyed Maggie and Daniel's scenes too--great to see a family doing something for another family member instead of all the gloom and doom we usually see, and I was also really glad to see Daniel smile. I'd have loved for Nicole to be at their little party, as that would have been fun (and her investigative instincts would have definitely kicked in) but then we would have had another round of "how dare you be with Nicole instead of Jen" so I guess I should be thankful she was spared that.

Clyde and Kate turn my stomach and at this point Kate deserves what she gets. I'm not entirely sure she saw Clyde grab Jordan as opposed to just hearing the argument, but her Curtis Reed sensor should be going off nevertheless.

Sonny's scenes were really good today too, and finally Adrienne is not a card-carrying member of the overly annoying busybody club, even if she was in Sonny's business. I also enjoyed seeing so much of Victor. Although I thought Brady was right--and there are several Salemites who need that same lecture about staying out of adult relatives' business--I thought it was hilarious when Victor said that blabbing about Theresa is a public service announcement. Too bad nobody let him in on Theresa blackmailing JJ and trying to blackmail Daniel instead of going around protecting her in case she decided to send herself to jail in order to get revenge on JJ after the fact. A lot of other grief could have been avoided had Victor known about last year's shenanigans.

Back