Days of Our Lives - Tues., Dec. 27, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, December 27, 2016

At the hospital, Deimos & Brady talk about trying to get proof that Nicole is the bio mother of Holly, need DNA samples, or blood samples. There is one from Holly in the lab (blood sample) but it is closed for the night. Nicole won't leave Chloe's side, the baby is in there with them. Deimos has a lab which will give them results in 24 hr. They talk, Brady wants to be sure, we have a flashback of when Nicole lost her 1st child, with Brady there.

Meanwhile, Nicole is feeding the baby, talking to it, begging Chloe to wake up, assuring Holly she will take care of her til her mommy wakes up. Brady comes in, Nicole is talking with him about her miscarriages, false pregnancies, how much she wanted to be a mom, wasn't meant to be, but grateful she got to carry her babies, they are always in her heart. She is near tears, talks of not knowing how she will feel when giving up care of Holly to Chloe, when Chloe wakes up. Maybe you won't have to, says Brady, who seems about ready to spill the beans, when Deimos comes in. However, Nik doesn't want to be rude, but thinks Chloe would not want him there, he agrees to leave, tries to get Nicole to go for a walk with him, she won't go, he leaves with Brady. They return, Deimos claims a nurse out there wants info on Chloe's medical history, so Nicole has to go out there. She tries to get Brady to do it, no dice, she goes. Now the guys are gonna swab Holly's inside cheek, and in comes Nancy. Hug from Brady, she throws daggers at Deimos, not wanting him there, says she came to take custody of Chloe's baby.

In the prison, Shawn is visiting with Mom, who seems nervous, looking over her shoulder all the time, tells him, evidently about Chille's murder, who she suspects, but she has not told the authorities. Doesn't want to start a war. Later, she is talking to Annabelle, trying to recruit other inmates against Sheila & Coco. Annabelle goes to the gym, Hope goes to see Hattie in the kitchen. Both come back, have managed to get some allies. Earlier, when Hope was alone, Sheila came in, babbling about there is going to be a new big cheese, and it won't be ex-cop Hope. She warns her to back off. Now, when Hope and Annabelle are comparing notes, they find an envelope. Inside....the tarot death card.

At Club TBD, Shane tells Rafe, Steve & Kayla that they have information that Stefano may not be dead after all. Roman & Marlena are called, Shane tells how there have been sightings in Prague, description fits, the man likes opera, chess, & strega...Stefano's favorite after dinner drink. Lots of business dealings with the man throwing money around to acquire what he wants. Shane has a pic, rather grainy, from a surveilance camera. Back, & side profile. Hard to tell, but does look like him. They ponder all this, Rafe calls Shawn to meet him at the station, he has some questions.

Kate meets up with Andre', there is money being taken from the foreign accounts. He denies taking it, they go back and forth. Why would he take money when trying to shore up the company. He thinks maybe the person who stole the microchips might be the culprit. Kate never thought of that. She is going to contact her Chinese friends about these latest developments.

At the cop shop Rafe fills Shawn in on Shane's info. Shawn says impossible, positive I.D. He did it himself. Well, body was mashed up in the explosion, face unrecognizable. Shawn insists the DNA proved it. Well, was it ever out of your hands? No......but then he backtracks, remembering. He gave it to the lab guys, they called him later with the positive I.D. for the DNA. Kayla notes that they could have switched samples, or results, easily.

Rafe figures how they can find out, calls Andre. He & Kate come to the P.D. What's up? We want to dig up Stefano's body.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary. A good show, although I'm especially liking the storyline with Holly and Nicole. I've got to say that the whole storyline of Stefano STILL being alive is a bit overdone and ridiculous. I want Hope out of prison and exonerated for the murder, but just wish that Fatha would remain dead & gone once and for all. But it's good to see the vets have a good level of involvement in a storyline.

JS, I forgot about that whole thing with Yo Gabba Gabba:rotfl: (really it's the name of a children's TV show--can't remember the name of John's weird "dad"). Thanks for the explanation.

Well, I did not mention the passing of John's mom, because ....well, I was reading that in real life Drake Hogetyn (John's) mom had passed away today, and I did not know if there was a mistake in the internet news, because of what was said on the show. So far have not seen any cast tweets about it, so just not sure yet.

Yes, I know, I read that. Just weird that today was the day on the show. Plus, I have seen nothing from cast members, which is unusual.

When they run the DNA samples again, it's a match for Chloe's baby! :sarcasm: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Why not? It makes more sense than the current Stefano-is-alive speculation. Ordinarily, the Phoenix rising would be a standard Days ploy, but the writers seem to forget that the viewers know that in the final phase of his life Stefano was an invalid who was confined to a wheelchair. This really sounds like somebody who would be living it up in Prague by draining DiMera accounts. :sarcasm: What next, reports that he's jogging up the Prague Castle steps (all 200+) every morning and partying like it's 1999 with the twenty-somethings at Prague's many bars and clubs? Over at the hospital, Brady and Deimos need to stop dithering. One of them should grab Nancy by the scruff of the next, march her out to the nurse's station for a confrontational, Jenny-style rant, while the other quickly gets a DNA sample from the baby. At the rate things are going, poor Nicole will learn that she has a daughter in time for the child's college graduation. Finally, if Yo-Mommy has died, that means John is an orphan unless he decides to re-investigate his past and learns that he's really the son of somebody like Clark Kent and Lois Lane.

Once again this show has continuity issues. This is clearly the same day as yesterday's episode. We learns yesterday that Shawn and Ciara had visited Hope this morning. Then today Hope asked Shawn how Ciara is doing?!? Didn't she just see her a few hours ago? And that's ok Hope, Claire doesn't ask about you either.:rolleyes:

They really should have stopped the Hope scenes after Shawn left. The stuff with her and Annabelle was overkill.

I loved all the vets and Rafe at TBD. I would prefer if Shawn were the lead on this case and not Rafe. I did like seeing Shawn trying to take charge with Hope. Fabulous to see Shane involved with all this as well. I wonder if we will get a scene with him and Eve.

Odd that John is at Yo-Mommy's funeral but Marlena isn't.

I tuned out most of the Kate-Andre stuff but it does seem they were also alluding to Stefano being alive.

I will reiterate again that Deimos adds no value whatsoever to the baby storyline. They could run the exact same storyline without him and it would have the same impact.

I'm glad everyone was questioning the man in the picture being Stefano. I don't think
it looked like him either. But all the clues fit especially with the missing money. I
wonder if Stefano made a clone of himself.

Nice to see Nancy and Shawn today.

I like the new look of Club TBD. The colors are brighter than it was before.

How long will it take Deimos to get a DNA sample of the baby? Maybe sometime
next year :)

Thanks for the summary. So sad about Drake Hogestyn's (John) mother passing today. As for the show, sorry I missed Shane. I need to catch up this weekend. Nicole's story is making me so sad for this character. She needs to know this baby is her child.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back