Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 14, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 14, 2017

NBC interrupted 3 times to report on a verdict coming in for a murder trial. Once at beginning, again middle, and at the end. So, I will undoubtedly miss something in the summary. But, here goes. Oh, by the way, - no mention of Valentine's Day. Kate, Eduardo & Dario are sitting at a table in the square, Abby joins them. The talk is about the missing Chad & Gabi, what they can do, etc. Eduardo is not too happy that Abby told Dario, causing him to leave hospital early. Kate has talked with Sonny, whose plane is due in soon, and he will go straight to talk to Deimos. Kate, talks of what a nice guy Chad is, how she considers him like a son....and then talks of how much she likes Gabi, thought the two as a couple were so great when they worked for her at Countess W. (yes, she knows how to stick a pin into Abby, doesn't she?) Abby leaves, says she has to pick up Thomas, Dario stops her, warning her she could be a target as well, be aware.

When he rejoins Kate & his dad, & they talk about the shipment arriving, but being stolen, Dario goes to make some calls. He returns, evidently with the info that Jen was seen skulking around down there. Kate goes to try and call Jen, Ed tells Dario they should perhaps pay a call on her, but being she is Abby's mother, they don't want her hurt. Ed does privately tell Dario about Andre suggesting, and Ed agreeing that perhaps having "custody" of Sonny, since Deimos has Chad & Gabi, might give them some leverage.

Deimos returns home to find the cops tossing his place. A couple of uniforms, besides JJ & Lani. JJ confronts Deimos, who plays indignant, despite the search warrant. Maggie comes in, JJ explains, she guesses right off the bat that Deimos does have Chad & Abby, despite their denial. The cops all go upstairs, Maggie has words with Deimos, who is still denying, Maggie disbelieving him, and angry. Victor arrives, Maggie takes off in a huff, and Deimos admits to Vic what he did. Says the duo are in a meat locker in a warehouse across town. Vic understands the why, but thinks it a mistake that will backfire, tells him he better clean it up in a hurry.

In the hotel room, Drew has fallen asleep on the computer, Jen, Adrienne are all whispering, filling Anne in, swearing to secrecy. Jen learns from her source at the PD about the search warrant, figures the cops are all there, they have to sneak in somehow. Anne has great idea, goes into the bathroom I guess, returns wearing a cop outfit. The other two are impressed, but don't want to hear her funny story of how she got it. She even has something to enhance it all, pulls out a gun. Jen & Adrienne are having a fit, (this is all rather funny scene), Anne says she never fired it, bought it some time ago, but no chance ever to use it. She is waving it, they are pulling it away from her, and so off she goes to the Kmansion.

Jen has to leave the hotel room, tells Drew Adrienne will keep an eye on him (he is now working on the virus again) She meets up with Abby in the park, asks how she is doing.

She gets in, runs into the angry Deimos, who brushes her off, goes upstairs. She is into the living room, another cop comes, wanting to know why she is there, he is the only one who is supposed to be left. Feisty, smart mouthed Anne says the commissioner wanted sent her to get that laptop (sitting on a table). He says "Commissioner Brady". She replies, why, do you know another one?" LOL, She takes the computer, and scoots out.

She is back at the hotel, Drew has awakened, and goes to work, to get the virus into the Titan computer.

At the cop shop, JJ & Lani are going over the files they took from the Kmansion, Lani saying that property tax records show all the places that Titan owns. 95 in Salem alone. JJ says so Gabi is the needle, and Salem is the haystack. Yes, that is about it.

And in that meat locker, Gabi is praying in Spanish, Chad is silent, as they wait. Both are frustrated, when they hear a noise. both rush to the door, pounding, yelling. They hear a motor, sounds something like a car. Chad checks the vent, cold air coming out. They must have fixed the motor, and now the locker is getting cold. Gabi starts screaming, pounding on the door, yelling in Spanish, til Chad grabs her, tells her to stop. Nope, she get hysterical, she cannot leave her daughter, who doesn't know where she is. She starts telling off Chad, he is a DiMera, heart of stone, probably doesn't even feel the cold, is like a stone statue. She goes on (sorry, lost some of this exchange here). Chad is saying he is angry with her, she is angry with him, both are mad at the other, but despite that, they have to try and stay warm, otherwise hypothermia is going to set in. They stand close, his arm around her. Later, they are sitting down, close, with a sheet or tarp or something across their legs.

I had mentioned in another thread that Another World did the same thing years ago with Jamie Frame and Vicky Love. He was engaged to another girl, but they were friends. To keep warm, they got naked under a blanket, and ooops, "somehow" things really heated up and Vicky got pregnant. Golly, that was a shocker. :rolleyes:

Wow. Looks like I missed nothing.

Wait a minute! Didn't the tweets (over in the Tweets thread, and reposted by kat) from Stephen Nichols (Patch) say to watch the 14th and 15th for Kayla's and Patch's wedding??? Heading back to check.

Yep, his tweet said the 14th and 15th.

A new tweet added today by Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) has the 15th and 16th. Looks like the Days viewing schedule is off by one day from what was originally planned

Last edited:
Any pre-emption throws everything off a day. While usually networks would just pre-empt programming to cover the morning swearing in of a new president, this year they pre-empted all daytime on that day. So, Days is a day off ever since.

I think his tweet had a typo. Every other source has said the 15th and 16th. I don't really consider this a spoiler since it has been announced on the show that they are getting married on Valentine's Day. It's just a different day in Salem than real life.:)

I was also interrupted for the Etan Patz verdict. That was a very visible case in the NYC area as it happened in 1979 and was unsolved for many years.

Anyway, I got distracted as well so may go back and watch the Jennifer scenes but that's about it. I don't care about Deimos, Chad/Gabi, Dario/Abby, Kate, or JJ with Lani. I really hate that his relationship with Gabi seems to be destroyed.

I saw the show earlier than usual today. If you didn't see the show, you didn't miss much.

Today Abby looked at the angel that's in the park. I keep wondering why it's still
there since she's alive?

The best part was Adrienne, Jen and Anne. I guess a Salem elf got the police uniform
to Anne somehow. It was interesting to see Drew listening to their bickering.

Eduardo, Kate, Dario realize Jen was at the pier when the key arrived. What will
Jen tell Kate when they talk?

Heather is right. Salem is different than the rest of us. Valentine's Day is tomorrow.

Just a few remarks about today's less-than-compelling episode.

"Officer" Milbauer: Roman ought to sign her up. She seems more effective than anyone he's got now.

Chad & Gabi refrigerated: Previously, a couple were trapped in an overheated crawlspace. Next, how about obnoxious odors? Maybe, Deimos can keep a kidnap victim in the waste-management area of the Kiriakis family sty, where Victor keeps his award-winning pigs, which win first prize each year at the Salem County Fair.

Slimy & Son discuss kidnapping Sonny: Yet another dangerous, pointless, and counterproductive idea from these two idiots. They definitely should get out of the criminal game. They're clearly not very good at it.

Wandering Abigail: Having been warned about being out and about in Salem after dark, she naturally takes a walk with Baby Thomas. Only in Salem.

I liked how Gabi told Chad that she hated him at the end. I just wish there had been some real feeling behind it.

Her histrionics while pounding on the door though. I felt like that was seriously overdone. Granted, I get frantic when I feel trapped in a space (I've had my share of being locked in stairwells and a couple of dead elevators due to power outages), but I don't go nuts like that.

:clap::clap::clap:
I was besides myself, as I watched Gabi/Chad. She mentions no food, no one coming there, and my mind went to dehydration, not even a bucket for "bathroom" so am guessing there is a corner there somewhere....but now, freezing and dehydration. Yep...then, again, Salem is such a magical place, perhaps their citizens can go for days without water to no effect, since they seem to be able to leave hospitals without checking out, paying bills, the same day as major surgery was performed. Not only that, they can run around town, and I do mean run. :rotfl:

Gotta say, over all, I am very surprised at this Feb. sweeps. Yes, there is a day here and there that is pretty good, and I sure am looking forward to the upcoming wedding. even if it only occupies 15 min. LOL. And I do appreciate the humor coming from Drew, and from Jen/Anne/Adrienne. But other than that, the Gabi hysterical outbursts, the repetitive conversations between Chad & Gabi, the dragged out talkfest with Kate/Ed/Dario....not doing the show any favors.

I think today proved to me that I'm at a point where I'm only looking forward to moments instead of the show as a whole. Sad but true.

So right now I'm looking forward to the wedding and seeing who attends it, Carrie/Austin/Anna's return to Salem and who they interact with, next steps for Drew and additional Chloe/Belle scenes. That should get me through this week.

I don't get excited about soap weddings anymore, especially concerning couples who have been married to each other (multiple times?) before, and most especially when they have been living together/copulating for a period of time. I'm still old-fashioned to the point where I like things in order, such as courtship, engagement, marriage, THEN sex.

This is off-topic, but something that happened years ago at work still amuses me. A co-worker had been engaged to/living with a man for several years. For their wedding shower, the whole department pitched in and bought them a set of very expensive cookware. A couple of days later, she very enthusiastically told us she had cooked dinner in the pans the night before. I just thought she would at least wait until after the wedding to use them. Yes, I know, but it still bugged me.

:back:

Back