Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 20, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Hope & Rafe are in bed, she can't sleep, wakes him up, and they go for middle of the night delight. After, a bit of out breath, Rafe talks of not liking the camping idea the night before their wedding, but Hope is insistent it is what she wants. He hold her, flashes back to almost telling her about what Ciara overheard, and Ciara interrupting, saying he was talking to Abe, (not Sami), then later telling him she thought over what he said as to how it happened, just that one time, so figured her mom did not need to get needlessly hurt.

Pamela is giving Tripp the whole story of someone poisoning his dad, and the real one, only neglecting to say she is the person in the ISA who ordered it. She claims Steve is being moved for safekeeping, and wants Tripp to go with her to where he is. Tripp is about to call Kayla, let her know he is coming, but Pamela pulls a gun, and gives Tripp the real lowdown. Ciara has come out, is behind Pamela as she yaks away about making Steve pay, and wanting Tripp to go along. She manages to get Ciara into her control, (but not before Ciara calls Hope for help) and marches the two of them to the park area.

John is still bemoaning how he had to buy time, but got the antidote for Steve, Kayla upset that she injected Steve without knowing what was in the hypo really. But Steve begins to feel a bit better. John gets the text from Billie and is ready to go assist her with Pamela.

Replay of Will & Paul leaving the mausoleum, finding Billie, they get her to the hospital. Will is accusing John right and left, as they enter Steve's room, tell of Billie being shot. John rushes out, asking Marlena to explain to Will, who keeps shooting off his mouth about John, despite Paul asking him to just listen. Finally, Marlena does so herself, knows he has been thru a lot, but just listen. John has rushed out to see Billie, she can barely speak, lost a lot of blood, but manages to tell it was Pamela, and when John asks where Pam is, she barely manages “Steve's son”.

John figures that is Joey, but gets hold of his guy at the prison, Joey is fine. Kayla comes along, and it finally dawns on all that Tripp is the person in danger. He & Paul rush to the loft, Hope & Rafe have done the same, no one there. He gets a call from Pamela, who wants him to meet her, alone.

John shows up, Pam marches Tripp & Ciara out, guns on them both, her arm around Ciara's neck, but figures John did not come alone. He says he did, but she knows better. Paul steps out, she blathers to them, John saying he had not idea, when there is Hope & Rafe with guns drawn on the other side. Amazing that none can take down this single woman, but....she orders all to drop their guns, and throws a hypo at John to go finish the job on Steve. Enough in there to kill 3 men. He is refusing, she twists Ciara's arm, Ciara cries out in pain. John agrees, Tripp says no, this is all my fault, none of this would have happened if I had not tried to hurt Kayla, blame her for killing my mother. This is not on my dad, on me, I should die. Pamela agrees, tells John to give the hypo to Tripp. He does, starts upwrapping and pulling it out, Ciara gives Pamela an elbow, Hope picks up her gun, Tripp jabs the needle into Pamela, she drops. (this all happens so fast, hard to keep track). Pam is dead, everyone is fine.

Kayla stays with Steve, he is getting drowsy, she figures his body is now letting the antidote do it's job. She tells of leaving a message for Tripp, saying his dad will be o.k., does not tell Steve about Pamela taking the kids hostage. He asks her to stay while he sleeps, he wants the first thing he sees is her beautiful face when he wakes up. He nods off.

I thought it was another darn good episode. I appreciated that it stuck to one story and didn't disrupt the flow by cutting to Brady and Eve or Jennifer and Eric. They just kept the suspense building.

As the recently departed Pamela Van Damme (if that's not the perfect name for the head of espionage agency or James Bond villain, I don't know what is. Kudos to whoever came up with the name) is concerned, isn't that always the way? You spend years building a career mastering the arts of strategy and espionage. You plan for every contingency, you have your enemies at your mercy, and you're thwarted by a couple of teenagers.

I just wish her final words could have been "And I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't been for you meddling kids."

Melinda Trask: She doesn't know it, but it was a really bad day for her. She could have prosecuted John for multiple felonies, but now the victims won't talk and Rafe and Hope won't do any investigating. And a really big fish, van Damme, is now beyond the reach of the law thanks to her own stupidity and the intrepid Little Trippy.

John: He may think that he's in the clear, but but if screechy Sami and scheming Kate ever learn about his connection to crimes against Will and Billie, he'll be in a world of hurt. That's a fact.

Pamela van Damme: She broke the cardinal rule about deadly weapons -- don't let anyone get too close. As a result, Little Trippy is now a real Salemite -- he's killed somebody. Now all he needs is to get shot and go into a coma and he'll be a true member of the in-crowd. Anyway, this one deserved a quick exit. Even Stefano and Andre would have found her threats against whole families, including children, too much to take.

Rafe & Hope: Don't these two ever watch crime movies or TV shows? If they did, they'd know that police officers always carry a spare gun or two. If they'd followed this practice, Hope might have yet another dead criminal to her credit.

Thanks Poirot and we're thinking alike today. I did a funny with Pamela at the
end saying those words the "Wicked Witch" said.

Will knew Billie was his aunt because he saw pictures of her.

Rafe had a flashback with Ciara and Hope. Rafe needs to know it's not too
late to tell Hope the truth about Sami. The wedding is almost here and
someone might say something then.

I enjoyed Will and Marlena's talk. I laughed when Will was comparing his life
with Susan and living in Salem. He said a "new meaning of dysfunctional"

I thought it was interesting everyone was so happy Tripp killed Pamela.
John said "A chip off the old block". I wish the storyline could have been
better and didn't end the way it did.

Very good episode. There were no sex predators or insane/impostors having boring talks about killing creeps. Just suspense, action, movement, drama (though why John thought Joey first and not Tripp is beyond me, and why he didn't bolt immediately when he figured it out will annoy me for awhile).

Meanwhile Hope had a funny/dopey look on her face when the litany of misdeeds (Joey's, Steve's, Tripp's, John's) was being read off. Will she do anything about them? Nah - then again, I like these characters, so that's a good thing.

Kayla and Steve, and Will and Marlena, were the icing on the cake. And yes - my wishes from yesterday's episode came true.

I also liked that they took the time to tell the lesser-thinking members of the audience that Steve would have died knowingly and/or done the same thing in John's shoes. Now we can move quickly to the next thing!

Back