Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 21, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Hey, fun, excitement, and both Drew & Shane today. Abby meets up with Dario, they talk about Chad/Gabi not being found yet, she shows him the pic of Titan property list, figures the duo are held somewhere. Dario used to work for Titan, knows people, will see what he can find out He eventually learns of Deimos getting Timon to stand guard at some bldg, goes off to check it, won't let Abby go with. After he is gone, she decides to go anyway.

At the freezer, Chad & Gabi are still kissing away, but obviously are getting very disoriented, not knowing exactly where they are, murmuring about being ice skating or something. Both are really going out of it, but managing to be still kissing all the while, eventually going unconscious.

Shane is in the square, gets a call from Drew (we see each) who says he is in a bit of trouble, and if he turns up dead, to tell Roman to arrest Deimos Kiriakis. He has to go now. Just remember to tell Roman to arrest Deimos.

Sonny is in a hotel room, tied up, but managing to untie his bonds, as his jailer fiddles with his phone. Sonny gets loose, jumps up to attack the big dude, gets pretty beat up for his attempt. JJ & Paul meet up, figure they will get over to the hotel room, where Paul traced those calls.

Justin & Adrienne are together, she is still furious with Deimos about their son, Justin wants her to let the cops handle, she refuses, bark at him, she is not a cancer patient today, she is a mother who wants her son home safe.

Deimos calls Nicole, leaving a message again. In comes Andre & Eduardo. Lots of bluff talk about that Orwell, all the stealing from each other, trading release of the captives, but how Orwell belongs now to Deimos, who wants the key. The guys still don't know what he is talking about, or why he thinks they have it. He tells of having it shipped to him, but it being gone when they went to retrieve it. Cue some thug to drag Jennifer in. She is really ticked at being dragged there, Eduardo notes she was down at the docks when the key vanished, she claims no knowledge of that, but rants about them all wanting that Orwell, and being at war with each other.

And in rushes Drew, (this is all a fun scene) as he announces that he is the key they want, have been looking for. Deimos is all happy, gets the device from the safe, opens a lap top, sets Drew down to do his magic, get this thing working. Drew rubs his hands together, gets to work, everyone watching. Rows and rows of vertical numbers show up, Deimos gets nervous, what are you doing, pushes Deimos out of the chair, too late. All gone. Deimos is having a fit, Jennifer is grinning, and in strolls Roman. LOL. Seems Shane called him, said Drew was in some trouble , so what is the situation here. The men all claim to be having just a business meeting, Jen finds fault with that. Roman sends her & Drew down to the station. He is asking a few questions, the men all denying, so he wants them all down at the station to give statements. LOL. (Sorry, but it all cracked me up. )

At the cop shop, the guys all agree to stick by the same statement, and they do. Deimos is angry, you two cost me billions of dollars. This is not over. He leaves. Andre tells Eduardo that he stole that device from him, and he won't forget, leaves. Eduardo finishes his coffee, angrily throws his cup in the trash.

JJ is at that hotel room door, thug won't let him in. JJ figures he must be hiding something, they trade threats, the goon won't even let him in if he had a warrant. Inside, Paul has snuck in through a window, unties Sonny. In the hall, the thug hears a noise, opens the door, Sonny is gone. JJ pulls his gun, but the guy smacks him around, pulls his own gun, but behind that door are Sonny & Paul, who come out, thug is overpowered, in handcuffs, with JJ telling him that he should cooperate when a cop asks him a question. JJ gets word that Chad & Gabi have been rescued. Sighs of relief. Sonny doesn't want to go to hospital, he is fine, but agrees.

Drew & Jenn are still at the cop shop, learn Chad & Gabi are rescued, as is Sonny. Drew is very happy, all the kids are safe. He asks Jen for a favor, take him to that meat locker. Inside, he notes how air tight, walls of steel, etc. He has a brown paper bag, starts taking something out. After the commercial, both are in the alley, covering their ears....BOOM. Seems that tho the program was destroyed, the device still existed, but now is in a million pieces, floating in the atmosphere. The war is over...but Jen thinks it will just be something else next time.

Drew calls Shane, thanks him for his help. Shane was sorry he could not have been there, too, knows the ISA are putting Drew & Camilla into witness protection, he doesn't know where yet. Tells Drew to have a happy life with Camilla. Now Drew says his work is done, time to leave Salem, thanks Jen, and dashes out of the alley.

Abby opens the door to the meat locker, finding the unconscious, nearly naked Chad & Gabi. She is giving CPR to Chad, Dario comes in, wraps his sister in something, telling Abby to call 911. Next they are all at the hospital. Abby thanks Dario for his help, knows Chad & Gabi were stripped down to keep warm, body heat, etc. Doc says both will be fine, they got to them just in time. Abby goes in to see Chad, talks to him, telling him he can sleep now, but he has to wake up, because when Thomas asks for him, she wants Chad there.

Dario sits with Gabi for a bit, she seems to be regaining consciousness, murmurs "Chad".

When Abby leaves Chad's room, Dario comes in, sits for a minutes, and yep, Chad murmurs, "Gabi".

Paul waits as Sonny returns from seeing the docs. He is o.k. Justin & Adrienne come along, hugs, etc. Sonny says he only has to rest, so Adrienne is going to go home, get some soup, etc. so Sonny can take it easy. Paul says he will bring Sonny home. When his parents are gone, Sonny says he is not going home. He looks very angry, has a score to settle with Deimos, and is going to take control of this family, Deimos just went too far.

Thank you to NBC New York for not breaking in to air the cow running through the streets of Queens, NY during the Days broadcast. Other networks had broken in to show the police chasing after it.

Good show. I like sassy Jennifer Rose and sassy Abigail. Too bad we can't have Jack to go along with them. He would have fit right in today.

The Orwell stuff was actually pretty good today but Rafe is still glaringly absent. I like Roman getting involved but Rafe should be too. I also thought Jennifer would say something to Roman about Eric but she didn't.

I'm guessing Shane and Drew are both gone after today. Also guessing tomorrow will be a new Salem day.

I'm glad the Orwell nonsense is finally over. And that everyone has been rescued. Still so so so stupid that they took their clothes but then did not cover themselves and snuggle for the heat. No let's take our clothes off, not cover up and make out, that'll raise our temperature! I knew they would both say the other's name in the hospital but it makes absolute sense. They are worried about the other one. Don't read too much into it, Dario and Abigail.

Hallelujah they are out of captivity! I'm with Poirot, hard to sit through those scenes! So who's taking bets on where Chad and Gabi will be trapped next? Or they'll mix up the couple so we won't think it's a repeat.:sarcasm:

The Orwell stuff was actually pretty good today but Rafe is still glaringly absent.

Yes!! I don't get it!!!!

I cannot wait for the new day in Salem. I will also miss Drew and Shane.

I'm glad the Orwell nonsense is finally over.

I'm not so sure about that. Both Deimos and Andre threatened revenge at the end.

Who wants to take bets on whether Gabi ends up pregnant about a month from now? You know because we've never had a couple be trapped before, get close for body heat and then unknowingly sleep together and conceive a baby.
:sarcasm:

Thanks for the summary! Great show indeed! I'm really rooting for Sonny to take down Deimos and take his place at Titan!

I'll disagree with everyone regarding Chad and Gabi. I'm rooting for them! So much chemistry! And after Abigail's ridiculous stunt, I can't help but think that Chad should leave her be for the time being. Let's have him with Gabi and Abigail with Dario.

Thank you to NBC New York for not breaking in to air the cow running through the streets of Queens, NY during the Days broadcast. Other networks had broken in to show the police chasing after it.
With all the things that happen in the New York area, cows running through the streets just don't rate a "breaking news" interruption. Maybe if it had flown over the moon things would have been different. In Salem, it was a bad day for the local criminal classes as their dreams of "Orwell" riches went poof and the hostages were all rescued. And to make things worse, Deimos, Andre, and Eduardo don't seem to have learned anything, concluding the episode with ominous remarks directed at each other. As for other developments:
  • Justin saying that they should put their trust in the police -- that would be a first;
  • Roman promising further police action in the Orwell case -- in his dreams;
  • JJ and Sonny should consider martial arts training -- they fared rather poorly with the thug;
  • light snow on surfaces in the Salem alleys -- do they have their own climate zone?
Finally, viewers know that both Chad and Gabi will have to answer questions about their meat-locker adventures, but what about Drew? How will Camilla feel about him wasting untold hours working on Orwell only to destroy it and not earn a penny for all his efforts, and the fact that they are now going into witness protection? Drew may be glad to leave Salem in the rear view, but he may be dodging cups, plates, and tomatoes when he returns home.

Good show.

I wish Drew wasn't going under witness protection. I like him. Will we see Shane again
before he disappears from Salem?

JJ is now officially a Salem cop. He lost his gun to the bad guy.

That stuff with Gabi and Chad was strange. Talking about high school? Will Gabi
find out later she got a present like Belle did with Shawn?

Sonny needs to talk to Marlena before he does something bad.

When will Rafe find out what happened about Gabi? And why hasn't anyone
told him anything before now?

I'm having a little trouble seeing Sonny as a tough guy.

So I guess Drew blew up the Orwell? He should have checked it out afterwards to make sure it was destroyed. It left me feeling it will somehow turn up again. I kept thinking he should have taken a sledge hammer to it rather than doing what he did. I will miss him.

I'll disagree with everyone regarding Chad and Gabi. I'm rooting for them! So much chemistry!

I'm bemused that so many of us have different feelings about the chemistry of various pairings. As an example, today's meat locker scene had me trying not to gag myself with a spoon! :) Though I am not a long-time Days viewer, to me, the EJ/Abigail love scenes are the gold standard, and more than likely will remain so. "To each his own!" :)

Back