Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 21, 2017

Just as "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so are the feelings/opinions of the various pairings/stories on Days by the viewers. One wonders, at times, what the blazes the thinking is on the part of the writers, or why do they insist on forcing something which the public can see does not exist. LOL And yet, there are those who enjoy what others find unappealing/boring, etc.

I'll disagree with everyone regarding Chad and Gabi. I'm rooting for them! So much chemistry! And after Abigail's ridiculous stunt, I can't help but think that Chad should leave her be for the time being. Let's have him with Gabi and Abigail with Dario.

Well, there are at least two of us! I think Chad and Gabi have way more chemistry than he has with Abby. Likewise, I think Abby has more chemistry with Dario than with Chad.

This Abby seems like a new character to me, so it's hard for me to feel her and Chad as a real couple.

Silly me. You're right. When you're alone you forget what month it is..
I probably only noticed it because January 21st is my grandson's birthday, and I knew it wasn't yesterday. Yes, being alone can do strange things to a person. (My sister came to live with me a year and a half ago, and I got my first pet/puppy a few months later, so I'm not lonely anymore. Sometimes, I DO long for my previous quiet solitude, though. :))

I must have missed something. I thought Chad and Gabi were just into the kissy huggie stuff and although I love Chad, I FF though most of those two. So did they actually have sex? UGH :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
While there are certainly probably more pluses to having someone else in the house, there are minuses as well. Sometimes there is a good balance, sometimes not.

Perhaps my taste is questionable, AGuy---after all, I'm one of the very few who was rooting for (and still does) Rafe & Carrie!:rotfl:

Silly me. You're right. When you're alone you forget what month it is..

I go to work most week days, and have a husband and daughter at home. Yet a couple of days ago, when I was putting the date on a storage dish that was going in the refrigerator, I wrote the month as July! Fortunately, I caught the mistake almost immediately - that time. So don't feel too bad about messing up the date. You're human, just like the rest of us.

One4mc, I see your point about the new actress playing Abby. It is definitely not the same but it has only been a few months since she came back into Chad's life. My reason for rooting for Chad & Abby is because of their back tory. They went through so much together to be together and I feel that was ignored when they started the Gabi thing.

It would be more believable if Chad was just attracted to Gabi. This idea that he fell in love with Gabi that quickly after Abby's disappearance is just silly never mind being in love with both of them. But if the story goes that way I could get on board with Dario and Abby. They do click much better than Chad and Abby.

I'm okay with the Chad and Gabi pairing, they do have a lot more chemistry. If Kate Mansi (ex Abby) was playing Abby I would disagree but Marci Miller (Abby) doesn't go well with Chad. It's nothing like Chad and Gabi. And besides actually Marci Miller (Abby) does seem to go better with the tall, dark, and handsome bad boy like Dario. The character of Dario is annoying but Abby and Dario do look good together as do Chad and Gabi.

Just remember we are talking characters here. Honestly, I really hate when there is a recast, so many act as though we have a new character, rather than a new actor assuming the role of a long present character. Chad & Abby went through so much to be together, that whole Ben thing was horrifying for them, especially the bed on fire, the murders......but nothing was going to stop Chad from finding his love.

And because of it all, she had a mental breakdown. And because she loved her family so much, after a relapse, she thought they might be better off without her. And Andre not only helped her do that, he kept her hidden, etc.

So Gabi claims being best friend, but goes after him. And don't try to defend her. That job as clothes consultant was a huge joke....first off, a true friend would have done it for free, gone shopping, helped him pick out whatever. That is all beside the point. I will say Chad mourned & grieved for her, but with Gabi hangin' round, yep, he decided to "move on". Sorry, I hate the entire storyline.

Those who feel a happy couple is the "kiss of death" just need to rethink it a bit. Plenty of story for happy couples, as outsiders cause problems.

I have been upset since Chloe first returned to Salem a few years ago, and the show ignored the fact she & Brady were a young love story the viewers loved.......and instead had them divorced and never sharing a scene. At least they have in this recent return, but it honestly doesn't seem as though she really is his ex-wife. But then, another case of a recast character, but is treated as though a new one. Same thing happened to Philip recast.

Just wish writers would remember history and backstory at times.

Poirot well sometimes they do become an entirely brand new character and there's evidence of it.

Here's my example. When Deborah Adair was Kate Roberts she was a completely different character that actually went well with Victor as a couple. Then once Lauren Koslow took over, Kate Roberts literally had transformed into a new character.

When Lisa Rinna left as Billie and Krista Allen took over, Billie became much more of a villain.

Also when Chandler Massey left his role as Will and Guy WIlson took over, same thing much more of a villain role complete character turn around.

Most recently the exact same thing can be said for Eve Donovan (Larson). A prime example of a forgotten character who came back basically as a "new" character because of the recasting.

Last edited:
The fact remains is none were new characters, just new actors. The characters are different because the writers keep changing. And even well known characters, with still the same actors portraying them, have changes in personality, (Jennifer is a prime example of that).

I have seen the same stage plays with different actors playing the same roles, movies, too. Hate to tell you how many different Hercule Poirots or Sherlock Holmes there has been.

Saw Julie Andrews in Sound of Music movie, Stage play locally, of course some one different, and recently, a TV live presentation with all new actors. It is fine, because same story.

A soap or continuing drama, doesn't have that. It is not the exact same story, same lines, etc. And if you keep changing writers, many have their own ideas. They may write a story, their own ideas about the characters involved, but cannot have new people, so have to assign the actions to the characters at hand. And thus, we get these weird scenes, where we mutter "he would never do that", "what is she thinking".

Back