Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 24, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Sonny is having a bad dream. Will is holding Ari, Paul is with them and he talks of taking Ari to the amusement park. Sonny is standing there, saying , No, Ari, it's Daddy, you know me, it's Daddy, and Will slams the apartment door in Sonny's face. In his hospital bed, the sleeping Sonny is moaning, Kayla is there, Kate comes in. Kayla explains how the meds can make one have unusual dreams, etc. Kate wants to leave a note for Sonny, chats a bit about Sonny's article. Kayla has read it, thinks it is good, Kate figures it may go national. Kate is leaving, Sonny calls her name, she returns to the bed, Kayla wants Sonny to get rest, gets a call, has to leave. Sonny grabs kate's arm, wants her to stay, then says she knew, she knew all along. Kate tries to sidestep, but Sonny is insistent. She knew and she told Will to lie to him.

At Eric's apartment, Serena is really getting on his case about the elephant. She wants it. (There is an elephant on the table behind him). She goes on and on, Eric cannot understand why it is so important to her. She wants him to tell her who he gave it to, but he doesn't, gets a call from Kayla, a nun is there, very ill, asking for him. Eric will be there right away. Serena goes with him, and when he goes to see the nun, she talks about what a good man Eric is, makes her feel bad about an argument, it was petty, and she feels so silly. She decides to return to her hotel, since Eric may be a while.

Brady is questioning Theresa about slapping the coffee cup away from him, he figures Anne spiked it, but retracts that, could have been anyone, since Theresa won't rat out Anne. He thanks her, asks why she did it. She gets huffy at first, but then softens up a bit. It took her a while to realize that though they both went to the meetings, Brady needed them more than her. He cannot have just one drink, or do one line....which she can. And then came that awful day with his dad, and it changed her, her thinking. Brady is grateful, they realize they have been civil. maybe could be friends. He gets a call from Daniel, asking if Mel is with him. No they are to meet up later. Theresa gets a bit upset, and abruptly leaves.

Daniel is trying to get a rambunctious Parker to sleep, to no avail, as Melanie is cleaning up the dishes. Yes, the elephant is at Daniel's. Mel starts talking about Nicole, thinking maybe Daniel could give her another chance. Mel thinks he is good with her. She is pretty tactful, Daniel decides to get Parker to bed. She is going out for ice cream. He comments "in this weather?". She gets a text from Nicole to call her, she does, Nicole has found some info. Melanie takes off, leaving behind her phone.

She is with Nicole, who has learned that Dr. Mandrake had this successful business, clinic, etc. then vanished for a year. But she managed to scout up his tax returns, his income quadrupled, he listed income from companies , including the W-2s, but they are just shell corporations.

Nicole could dig further, but she wants to know the "why". Melanie says it probably is not that important, does not involve Daniel or Brady, and finally admits it is Theresa, and think neither she or Nicole care about that one.

Paul calls Will to see how he is, Will says his husband knows they slept together, how does he think he feels. He hangs up, knock at the door. It is Marlena, who greets him & Ari, just stopped by. Will confesses all to Marlena, explaining how he did not know Sonny's ex was Paul, and how Paul did not know Will was married. Will says he knew Paul was gay, wanted him to admit it, so it could be in the article. And that before he ever met Paul, his editors advised him not to wear his wedding ring, they did not want him talking about his husband to Paul, might make Paul skittish. Knock at the door, babysitter has arrived to stay all night, so Will can stay with Sonny.

Paul sits in the Square, drinking coffee, a hand rests on his shoulder, he looks up, it is his mother. (beautiful woman) She read the article, his mother came to take him back home.Paul protests, he cannot leave, has a couple more therapy sessions. She says he can do that in San Francisco. Nope, he has to stay in Salem, he has some unfinished business. He will get her some tea. No, rest your arm, she will get it. She goes for the tea, Marlena comes in, Paul sees her, smiles, greets her. His mother returns, Paul tells his mom he wants her to meet Dr. Marlena Evans. Marlena turns, Tori stares, drops the cup of tea. broken pieces lie on the ground.

Eric comes to talk to Kayla, the nun is resting, hope he helped. Kayla tells him Serena went back to the hotel, then comments how Serena felt so bad about some silly argument they had. Eric figures he was just as much at fault,. calls Daniel.

Daniel is sitting on the sofa, Parker in his lap, stroking "Fred", the elephant. Parker manages to fall asleep, Dan goes to answer his cell, is talking quietly, telling how he managed to get Parker to sleep finally, with Fred, Parker's new best friend. Says Parker's favorite toy now, your gift is such a big hit. Parker stirs, Daniel hangs up, has to go. Eric calls Serena, telling her he cannot get the elephant back. Uh, oh.

Melanie bumps into Brady, big kiss, she has ice cream. He cannot believe it, when it is so cold. (and yet jackets are open, Melanie is still in that sweater thing, neither Tori or Paul have coats on, neither does Kate in Sonny's room, etc. etc. )

They figure neither one has anything to do tonight, so perhaps they can think of something to do together?

Theresa is home, talking to herself. No, she is not going to call Clint, she has her pride. But she does, only his number is no longer in use. She is having a fit, thinks maybe she will clean the apartment, as she picks up a piece of note paper on the floor. She puts in on the table, doesn't need anyone, as she takes a bottle of wine out of the frig.

But, she picks up the note, which says "call 555-9341" (not sure of that number, lol). She punches the numbers in. Dr. Mandrake picks up the phone, saying Mandrake here. She starts out....this is Theresa Donovan and.....but Mandrake is taken aback, hangs up. Theresa remembers Melanie asking her about Dr. Mandrake, and wonders what the heck is going on.

Kate is still talking to Sonny, telling him how it was all a mistake, and how Will has been wracked with guilt. There is no way Will would have deliberately hurt you. Will has come in...But I did. kate leaves, reminding them both of the life they have built together, the love they have shared. When she is gone, Sonny says, Go ahead. Tell me again how it did not mean anything and wasn't your fault. Will replies that this is all his fault. But none of it would have happened if Sonny had been upfront and honest with Will.

Today was a good episode considering yesterday's snooze. Paul also found out from Will during the phone call that Will and Sonny have a daughter together and are raising Arianna. I hope Paul will back off for the sake of Arianna. I believe from the dream Sonny had it showed he still loves Will and want to be with him and not for Paul to be in Arianna's life.

Glad Will told all to Marlena and glad Sonny figured out what Kate is really like. Will said he was at fault even though he throws in a "but". If all were forthcoming from the beginning I do not think this one night stand would have happened and Will really needs to know just were Sonny feels about Paul.

Sonny said he promised Paul to keep his secret yet he must have broken it because his mother knew about them so why hide it from his husband. As I have stated before, Will was wrong for cheating, but all I believe have some guilt as well with Will more so for falling into Paul's bed. Paul has continued to pursue Sonny and at this point if Will and Sonny are over i do not believe Sonny would consider being with Paul now.

Will said to Sonny that this all would never have happened if Sonny had been open & Honest with him. So, o.k. What exactly does that mean. That Will would not have cheated with Paul in particular, and might have done so with someone else?

Will told Marlena he did not know why he did it. Then mentioned the article, and how he knew Paul was gay, and so wanted to include that in it.

If so.....whether he knew that Paul was Sonny's ex, would it have really made a difference? it does seem he is really grasping at straws to put partial blame on someone else.

I agree with others about Will, how ridiculous to blame Sonny.

Doubt Dr. Mandrake would be issued a W-2 for his work for Kristen. That's funny. (Plus the fact that Nicole somehow accessed his tax returns.)

Ok, so this elephant...I thought it was a ceramic piece. Seems like a heavy "toy" for a young child to lug around.

I do not blame Will for questioning Sonny, because if everyone on this board were in Will's shoes I am sure they would they would act the same. Will is not perfect nor is Paul or Sonny nor are any of us here. We are all imperfect.

I have never been put in to Will's situation, but many people do try to point the blame else where and not stopping at them. This started in the Garden of Eden. Eve blamed the serpent. Adam blamed God for giving him Eve saying if it were not for God giving him Eve he wouldn't have eaten.

I just want this story to move on hoping for a reconciliation on Will and Sonny's part for Arianna. If we cannot forgive then God says he cannot forgive us since we have been given forgiveness of our sins we should forgive as well.

Speaking of Mandrake, I am not sure this has been mentioned. I'm pretty sure the writers are showing some wit with the name selection.

There's an old English poem with the phrase "get with child a mandrake root." (Somehow I've remembered that line these many years since Freshmen English class!)

A mandrake root is forked and was thought to resemble a human shape. The poem starts with a list of impossible tasks, such as a mandrake root conceiving a child, as comparisons to finding a good and honest woman.

So, I gather it's all meant as a twisted version of the poem, with Dr. Mandrake succeeding at the impossible task of getting mean, nasty, embryo-stealing Kristen pregnant.

I just want this story to move on hoping for a reconciliation on Will and Sonny's part for Arianna. If we cannot forgive then God says he cannot forgive us since we have been given forgiveness of our sins we should forgive as well.
Which is all nice, but does not apply to the land of Salem, unfortunately.

I wished that Sami and Rafe could've reconciled for the sake of Sami's children, but it never happened.

Sounds like mostly a good episode, loving the idea of mature Brady & Jeannie T, like Nicole working, although I imagine I will want to shoot Will and then run over his corpse with a steamroller and a parade.

Very interested in the Tori/Marlena connection. I fear, though, that it leads down DiMera Drive, a street I hate the writers' travelling down.
Will said to Sonny that this all would never have happened if Sonny had been open & Honest with him. So, o.k. What exactly does that mean. That Will would not have cheated with Paul in particular, and might have done so with someone else?
First and foremost, it means Will is an absolute idiot, I daresay even stupider than owner of the loins from which he sprang.

But let's walk this through...Sonny not telling Will he lost all their money (don't get me started on that dumbness!!) is responsible for him sleeping with Paul? HOW?? On what Earth does one need to SLEEP with someone to get a story? On what Earth is a successful club (which experienced its FIRST RED-LEDGER DAY EVER in its THIRD year of business) not an adequate source of revenue to replenish their accounts, and manage short-term bills...so much so that Will feels the need to continue writing his article and thus to sleep with Paul...OY VEY I'm glad I'm not Sonny or I'd be on lockdown for rage control!!!

And don't think, writers, that I'm forgetting that Will was ready to go for Round 3 with Paul+ barely stopped short, or that he did it TWICE with him, just because now he's spouting it was just once.

I think Will meant that if Sonny had told Will about his ex.....that he was very serious about someone else at one time, enough that he wanted to marry him, and told him the name.......then his sex romp with Paul would not have happened.
But then, Will......you know darn well that if you had told Sonny the name of the person you were interviewing, he never ever would have told anyone......AND, as it turns out, he also would have told you about being involved with Paul himself a few years ago. Right?

I think Will meant that if Sonny had told Will about his ex.....that he was very serious about someone else at one time, enough that he wanted to marry him, and told him the name.......then his sex romp with Paul would not have happened.
Oh I see where you're coming from...yes, I think, in Will's mind, if he'd known about Paul, he wouldn't have slept with him. But I agree with your supposition that it would have happened somewhere else, later.

BUT...ultimately that doesn't track for me either. Because I have trouble believing that Sonny never did tell Will...but hey, that's what we're supposed to believe. :(

I also still can't believe in all his run-ins with Paul, Sonny never once mentioned his husband's name. I mean, how many gay Wills can there be in a town Salem's size? Three, four?? LOL

Back