Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 28, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Hope arrives at Rafe's apartment....this is not the house he used to have, so no idea when he moved. Could be wrong, but she mentions having returned from somewhere, they talk of going out for Italian food, but Rafe wants to make something right there. Lots of hugging, kisses, as this is a romantic interlude. She is kneading dough, "helping", he shows her the right way to do it, says she has flour on her face, flicks it off, only seems he put more, she sees it on her top, and they have a throwing flour at each other fun thing. Next, she is in the soapy, bubble filled tub, pulls him in with her, fully clothed, more kissing, etc. and finally, we see them in the lit candle filled bedroom, culminating their romantic interlude in bed.

Kayla is at the hospital, Steve arrives with a yellow rose, figures their honeymoon is not over. Kisses, smiles, no they cannot go find an empty room, she has tons of paper work accumulated while they were in Prague, and she loved being there. O.K. but tonight at home.....the honeymoon continues. LOL. She goes into a patient's room, where a frustrated nurse tells her the patient keeps pulling out his monitor attachments. She starts to explain the why.....then realizes she is talking to Mr. Michaels, Jade's father. She apologizes for not recognizing him, but cautions him about staying attached to the monitors. However, he knows it is pointless. He is terminal.

Jade & Joey sit in the apt., she is bored, tired of studying, Joey mentions with his parents paying for college, and the rent there, they have to keep up their grades. Her phone rings, she puts it on speaker, it is Kayla, who tells her about her dad in hospital, she should come there. Jade goes with Joey, Kayla says her brother is gone away, (could not catch what happened with the mother) she is only kin. Dad needs a liver transplant, she is only kin. Joey tells Jade to go see him, she does, he pleads his case, but she refuses to consider it, after how he has treated her, etc. Then, out in the hall, Kayla does a bit more talking, as Jade asks what happens. Kayla explains if she is a match, and donates a portion of her liver, it becomes fully functional liver for him, and hers grows back so she has fully functioning liver as well. She agrees to the test, then goes to see her father again, tells him her decision, and immediately leaves.

Deimos is confronting Brady, quite sure Brady is in love with Nicole. Brady says yes he loves her, as a good friend. Were they ever involved? Yes, once long ago, but he has always stood by her. Deimos wants Nicole back, Brady says it isn't going to happen, she lost her baby because of you8. Deimos knows that was a mistake, will fix it. But Brady brings up the kidnapping of Chad & Gabi, they nearly died, the kidnapping of Sonny, who was beat up. Deimos says that was Hernandez & Andre'. Oh, no, it was because of what you set in motion. Brady walks out.

Nicole cannot believe Chloe actually got a restraining order. She is crying, begging, pleading, as Chloe refuses to change her mind. Nicole reminds her of how Chloe offered to have her & Daniel's child for them, never making any health excuses, she would do it, (Ari Zucker pulls out all the stops during these scenes). She talks of Chloe's promises, but Chloe is unmoved, tho she is moved to tears herself. Chloe says that while Nik claims to be done with Deimos, in a few days, week, he come back, sniffing around her, talks of having changed, making promises, and Nicole will once again be in his circle. She has done it time and time again with others. She doesn't trust her, and now it is time to leave. She shows her the door, Nicole stops, pleads and begs again, Chloe will not change her mind. She makes Nicole leave, can hear her sobbing on the other side of the door after shutting it.

Sonny is with Uncle Victor, talking about all the mistakes Deimos has made, really doesn't know how to run the company. He does, tho. Well, Vic made his decision, won't rescind it. Sonny, tho, notes that if something happens with Deimos, another mistake, or something, he wants assurance, IN WRITING, that he will then be the one to take over. His father doesn't want it, likes being family lawyer, Brady doesn't like or want to have to make the big, hard decisions. Victor agrees, will have papers drawn up.

Later, Vic is with Deimos, "the boy is not happy". Deimos figures he will come round soon, has more important things to do now, wants Nicole back. Vic admonishes him, for wanting Nik just because she looks like Helena. Nope, Deimos loves Nik for herself. Right now, the only thing to get her back, will be to get her daughter back. That is what I have to fix. Chloe will never see me coming. Vic says good luck.

Sonny is with Steve & Paul in the park, wants them to keep a close eye on Deimos, he wants to know every move Deimos makes, even if he spits on the sidewalk. Steve gets a message from Kayla, has to run, the boss lady wants me. He laughs as he hold up his finger with the ring, saying "my wife". This leaves Sonny with Paul, who isn't too sure about Sonny wanting to run Titan now. But Sonny is adamant, figures Deimos is going to cause Titan to fold, he is going to prevent that. He will take over, a bit at a time. Paul gifts Sonny with a book, something rare, mentions the record that Sonny found for him in Prague. They share a light kiss,

Brady spots the distraught Nicole in the square, asks what happened, Nicole says he was right, she went to see Chloe, she is moving to NY, I cannot follow, she has a restraining order. Brady gives her a pep talk, she is strong, so today is a lousy day, tomorrow will be better. He hugs her. She notes how he has always been there for her, has been her rock thru the years. He says that will never change, he will always be there for her.

I had tears in my eyes along with Nicole. Arianne Zucker (Nicole) knocked it out of the ballpark! She was killing me! How on earth can Chloe do this to her??! How can she keep Holly from her when she can see it is destroying her??! I wish when Nicole was remembering Chloe offering to be surrogate she would have said you didn't think I'd be a bad mom then? Just don't understand Chloe.I don't want to do this Nicole, I have to. You do not!!!! :angry:

I had tears in my eyes with Nicole and a little vomit in my mouth with Hope and Rafe love scenes. Sorry. I know that was gross but so are Rafe and Hope. I do think Hope would have needed more time to get over Bo and Aiden. She did love Aiden. And having one husband try to kill you, one coming back but then dying, find out one you thought was dead and tried to kill you was not and now he's back but still not who you thought he was. That's just a lot to go through and have no down time. Just straight to her next "great love" :sick:

Hope arrives at Rafe's apartment....this is not the house he used to have, so no idea when he moved.
Looked like the same place he had before, when Mami, Gabi and Dario all moved in. The kitchen looked like it got a makeover, but still the same basic place (which was originally a rehab of Maggie's old kitchen).

Just a few assorted comments:

Let's paint a target on Deimos: Baby thief Chloe said that the existence of Deimos is the deal breaker for any Holly return. Victor says that Sonny can take over if anything happens to Deimos. These certainly sound like motives for a Salem homicide.

Keeping warm: Bubble-bath Hope must have been counting on consorting with Rafe to keep herself warm. That sleeveless dress she was wearing certainly wasn't going to do the job during a Mid-West winter.

Drinking at the enemy's place: Why do Victor and Sonny patronize Club TBD? Every dollar they spend on drinks goes into the pockets of their slimy arch-enemies, Dario and Eduardo. Why not join the happy crowd of chowder connoisseurs at the friendly Pub?

Understatement of the year: Deimos saying that "I've made some mistakes." "Mistakes" doesn't begin to describe the pianist's many blunders.

Thanks for the summary. I am actually glad I didn't watch, despite the wonderful acting. I can't bear to see Nicole suffer again with Chloe's awful vindictiveness, nor can I stomach more "love" scenes between Rafe and Hope.

I had tears in my eyes with Nicole and a little vomit in my mouth with Hope and Rafe love scenes. Sorry. I know that was gross but so are Rafe and Hope. I do think Hope would have needed more time to get over Bo and Aiden. She did love Aiden. And having one husband try to kill you, one coming back but then dying, find out one you thought was dead and tried to kill you was not and now he's back but still not who you thought he was. That's just a lot to go through and have no down time. Just straight to her next "great love" :sick:
I've either listened to or watched soaps for over 70 years. A couple breaks up one day and week later are all gaga over someone new. They never make them wait. Hope did the best job for a long time after she divorced Bo.

Is that the scene Hope and Rafe were doing? It looked familiar. I kept thinking, why
Hope didn't wear a fuller apron to cover the top of the dress.

Do we know if Rafe lives alone again? I know Dario moved out. I didn't know if
Gabi and Ari still lived there.

Another day with Chloe and Nicole. I thought for a moment Chloe would change
her mind and let Nicole have Holly. I feel sad that their friendship might be lost
forever too.

We can add another person to list who would want to see Deimos out of the way.
It's a long list if you add in most of the viewers :)

Why do Victor and Sonny patronize Club TBD?
Because there aren't enough sets.

So, Hope has food poisoning so crippling she can't attend her brother's funeral, but yet she can cavort less than a day later? Not buying it. And yes I know that Hope is David's stepsister/aunt. But their parents have been married for decades, and they are close in age (even in Salem), so let's just acknowledge the fact that Hope should have been there.

I hate kingpin Sonny. I miss the guy who loathed the Kiriakis empire and money. And I'm sorry, handing the empire over to Sonny makes no sense. What about Philip? Oh right, he only exists as a whipping boy. And the writers clearly don't care if we like Sonny/Paul or not, so let's just get it over with.

Kayla and Steve are a bright spot. Every show lately has at least one set of scenes that I am liking.

Back