Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb., 6, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 6, 2018

JJ comes to see Kayla, asking about Lani's pregnancy. Kayla cannot give much info, but only to say, everything is normal. Now JJ talks of quitting the force, wanting to get a job, has been thinking of a few things, and noted the hospital has EMT training. Since he likes to help people, he thought that would be something he wants to do. He praises the EMTs to arrived and helped save Theo at the time. Kayla says the program is a good one.

Valerie sits with Lani, tells her she knows Eli is the father, mentions her due date of Sept. 17. Lani realizes Val snooped her records, gets ticked, is tearful, talks of JJ, tells of him nearly committing suicide on Christmas Eve, Gabi saving him. The whole shebang. Val is moved, but ultimately refuses to lie to Eli, and not saying anything would be lying. Lani talks of JJ's reaction, Val thinks it would be worse later. Ultimately she says if Lani won't tell Eli, she will, gives Lani 24 hrs. to do so. Lani is crying, JJ arrives, (back door??) Val leaves, JJ questions Lani, what has her so upset with Val?

Abby is boo hooing in the mausoleum, talking to Andre's plaque, wanting to know who killed him. Chad comes in, same convo, she questions and he answers over what went down at the police station with Hattie & Anna. She does some more boo hooing with Chad.

Gabi has come to see Stefan & Viv, wants her company & job back, Stefan agrees to do so. She gets a call from Eli to come to the station, and leaves.

Vivian is talking with Stefan, about covering their tracks, Andre is now gone, they can proceed much more easily. She gives him a hard time about his attraction to Abby, noting he always wants what he can't have, and if he got his brother's wife, he would throw her away in a week. Their conversation gets a bit heated, she slaps him, Abby & Chad walk in. They make excuses, tho do tell they were talking of Abby. Seems Vivian doesn't want Stefan to get Gabi back in, but he already has talked to the board. Abby notes she asked him to do this, so thanks him. More jabbering over Gabi, press releases, etc. Finally Chad says he & Abby are going upstairs to spend the rest of the day with their son. They leave, Vivian gives Stefan a bit of static.

Rafe & Eli watch the tape, we get to see a female, only from the back, entering Andre's office. Hair like Gabi's and a coat like hers as well. They think it is Gabi, she returned after she left. Gabi arrives, they show her the tape, she denies big time, lots of people have her hair color, style, cannot explain the coat. Rafe goes to check with DiMera security about the footage, and the key cards used for the elevator. One cannot leave Andre's office, except by elevator, need a card. Rafe returns, it was Gabi's card that was used. She is shocked, he is asking what she did after leaving his office. She says a drive, she cannot remember what she did with her key card, maybe someone copied it.

Rafe asks Eli to zoom in on the figure leaving the office (again only the back of the person shows)....Eli zooms in, pic gets blurry as he does, but Rafe recognizes what the person has in their hand. The cover to the urn, which has been missing.

Which would be more devastating to JJ to find out the truth now or in the future? If the baby survives and need medical attention down the road, I am sure DNA will come into play. Just like that case with Thomas, it was DNA that finally proved he was Chad's and not Ben's baby.

Gabi: I'm glad other people have caught the fact that Gabi left her coat behind and hopefully Abigail will mention that when she ran into Gabi in the park that she wasn't wearing it. I figured the urn lid would eventually come into play. My guess is Rafe is going to ask where that coat is now and have somebody bring it back to the station where they will find the lid in a pocket.

Aww, my poor Gabi. :cry::cry::cry:

Lani's baby drama: I thought the scenes between her and Val were nicely done and I felt her desperation. But I just can't really get invested. I know stories like this are essentially the daytime genre's bread and butter, but it's just been done too many times and they do it too close together. I guess it goes to show that just because something is an oldie, that doesn't always mean its golden.

Lani: She thinks that she has it all figured out? In Salem, this is usually the beginning of the end. She also thinks that lives will be destroyed if the ugly truth is revealed. If she paid attention to the evening news, she’d know that it’s the cover-up that leads to ruin.

JJ: So he wants to be an EMT. This could be the first step to becoming Salem’s next super-surgeon by Christmas.

Rafe & Eli: These two Sherlocks should smell a rat. What they seem to think that they have on Gabi is too easy and too pat. The whole thing smells of a Vivian-inspired frame-up.

It just occurred to me that it definitely looks like Gabi is going to need a lawyer and there doesn't really seem to be any available.

Belle is in Hong Kong.

I don't know if Carrie is sticking around for any length of time.

EJ, her lawyer who got her the deal for 10-to-20, is apparently dead.

Aiden: her lawyer who got her out of prison on a technicality after she only served 15 months of that aforementioned sentence is in Portland.

So maybe we'll see Justin again.

Another possibility is we'll see one of the teen set (Tripp, Ciara, Claire) eating a box of Cracker Jacks and the prize will not only be a diploma from Harvard Law School but a license to practice law and Gabi be the very first client! :)

The only thing I care about currently is who killed Andre, even though we all know he'll turn up 3 years from now, lol

Anna innocent I believe. Gabi I believe is innocent too. The lady (I guess it's a lady) in the video I think might be Vivian, but that seems too obvious. Guess, we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Poirot.

DrBakerFan, I thought the same thing about JJ. He'll become an EMT, then he'll be a doctor.

I kept wondering where all the customers went in the Brady Pub when Lani and Val
were talking. It's good no one else was there, but why did they leave.

I'm surprised Lani didn't say more to Val about looking at her records when she
wasn't supposed to.

Abby is acting a strange lately. I wonder if she had some kind of psychotic break
and dressed up as Gabi. Maybe the reason she's having the strange dreams
with Andre.

I was surprised to see how young Andre was. The plaque said he was
born in 1955 :)

Line of the day goes to Gabi talking to Rafe and Eli about who was in the video
"Maybe Andre took a strand of my hair and cloned it"

Last edited:
Yuck. I no longer want Lani and her weeping sorry self on my screen.

Ditto Rafe and his judgmental, bodymoving, grannyloving self either.

What Val did was wrong and will hurt her eventually, even though she has the right intentions.

JJ - enough. Take a cruise with cousin Julie and check back in when you have something less teen-boppery to do.

I want to like the baby story but it's centered around way too many underdeveloped characters. Most of these characters have gone from once a month airtime to suddenly being part of an A storyline. That's not how you get fans to vest in the show. This would have played out much better with Eric, Nicole and Brady.

I wish Lani had threatened Val back by going after her medical license. Up the stakes a bit. Right now Val looks like a hero even though what she did was wrong too.

I think the girl in the video was Abby. Maybe she's having some type of personality disorder that isn't apparent yet. I think the dreams are a hint. Though I'm tired of Abby and Chad being stuck in this Dimera bubble. It brings the show down. I want to see Abby in the baby storyline too.

I'm glad JJ's suicide was brought up again. I hope that comes into play once he learns the truth.

JJ as an EMT. Surprising. I don't love it but I also don't hate it. I'm also curious how his mental stability will play into this.

I used to really like Abby. I DO NOT understand her attachment to Andre. It is waaaaaay over done as far as I'm concerned.

I think Chad called Stefan "Stefano" today.
I don't understand her attachment to Andre either. Maybe she has brain damage.

Great episode! I'm suspicious if that really is Gabi in the camera or not. I remember there was a emphasis on Gabi's coat and also a few screens of Gabi Chic's wigs. So my guess is someone is wearing Gabi's coat and a black wig. Speculation.

Valerie and Lani confrontation was exactly as I pictured it. I wonder if we will have a Sami/Kate 2.0 with Lani and Valerie, or maybe they'll come together.

I want to like the baby story but it's centered around way too many underdeveloped characters. Most of these characters have gone from once a month airtime to suddenly being part of an A storyline. That's not how you get fans to vest in the show. This would have played out much better with Eric, Nicole and Brady.

That would be a little hard to do since Nicole left town. She has already been in a "Who's the Daddy?" storyline anyway. If TPTB really have to do another such plot, I don't see the harm in letting a younger age group do it. I like the veterans too, but many of them have had 30 to 40+ years to get us to like and identify with them. We can't get veterans on the show unless we give younger characters a chance to develop.

Back