Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 7, 2017

Jason!! So glad you're ok! Hope the car is as well. I spun out in upstate NY about 15 years ago but managed to do a full 360 spin and thank goodness because there was a tractor trailer behind me. I ended up on the left shoulder and just kept going. Anyway so glad you're ok.

On a macro level, nothing clicks on this show anymore. We have 5 days of Jennifer last week, and nary a word this week. The pacing is awful. If we're lucky, we'll know why Marlena was gasping tomorrow.

I've been saying this for weeks. I think the pacing is just as big a problem as the writing at this point. So it seems Prague is the dominant story this week. So does that we mean we won't see anyone else until next week? And I'm sorry but Eric Brady popping up halfway through the episode? Just no.

The show also needs to learn what a proper cliffhanger is. Today should have ended with Marlena gasping. That Hope/Raines scene was so poorly directed and frankly I didn't care about Hope's fate. Plus if Shawn wasn't going to interrupt Raines, I already lost interest.

I like the idea of Raines not liking the Bradys. But I need background and context which probably won't happen.

Sonny is the one character that is connected to both Prague and Orwell. Would it have killed him to tell Steve and Rafe respectively that Chad and Gabi were kidnapped by Deimos? I'm sure the show will say he doesn't know yet but this is a missed opportunity to tie 2 stories together and also to start moving some of the Prague players forward. We know what Steve and Kayla are doing next. Why not start moving Rafe, Sonny, Paul, maybe even Steve, etc into the Orwell story too?

No Deimos, Holly is not "our baby". She is Nicole's baby. GET THIS GUY OFF MY SCREEN. And I'm sorry but I have no words for Nicole now either. She has had ample opportunity to leave Deimos yet continues to put him ahead of Holly. After everything that happened with Sydney and Daniel Rafael, no way would Nicole do that.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a redressed St Luke's set for the ball. Plus all the extras. But where were Carrie, Austin and Anna? I hope Steve and Kayla are as blessed at their upcoming wedding.

Last edited:
I find it kind of funny they are at a masked ball in Prague and the Today show is heavily promoting the Fifty Shades of Grey sequel this week, which apparently features a masked ball. They keep saying the movie was produced by their sister company, Universal.

I think they caught a lot of static about that charity "ball", and figured they had better populate this one. I don't understand how folks "know" this is the St. Lukes set, redressed???

Only the area where Marlena was standing at the end.....as that was a room outside the Ball area.

Even if Stefano is found alive, how would that help Hope, breaking out of prison, running away from a cop, etc.?
Anywhere but Salem, it wouldn't. As shown on screen, Hope put several bullets into Stefano so even if he survived, she'd be guilty of attempted murder, a very serious felony. Also, she'll be charged with escape until she can establish the novel defense of having left prison involuntarily.
Will we find out tomorrow if Raines shot Hope or was his aim so bad he can't hit the broad side of a barn :)
If Raines fired more than a warning shot, he was way out of line. In Hope's condition, he could easily have caught and subdued her, and then made an arrest. There were plenty of examples on the ID Channel show, I Almost Got Away with It, which regularly featured prison escapes and the efforts of the police to recapture them. As shown in the dramatizations, the police rarely if ever fired at fleeing escapees. Instead, they caught up with them and made the arrest.
- Eric : Can't this guy ever smile ?
No. Lovelorn Roman will be smothered in kisses before the professional sourpuss ever smiles.

Last edited:
Did I somehow miss the part on the previous day's show, where Nicole offered to leave Deimos when talking to Chloe? I remember Nicole telling Chloe that she was right about Deimos, and Chloe asking if Nicole had left him. However, rather than saying she had, Nicole just deflected, saying something like "That's not important right now." But I don't recall Nicole "offering" to leave Deimos. I'm "watching*" at work, on NBC 's site, so I may have missed something.

*When I say watching, I really mean listening, and occasionally seeing what's going on. We've latency issues, so usually the video doesn't show, just the audio. If I move the cursor over the line below the video, that shows your progress in the video, I can see a small still-shot of the video, with several seconds between each. Every now and then I'll get a few seconds of video and then it freezes, then the video screen goes black. Sigh.

...if [Nicole] really bought that load of horsefeathers the Dismal Duke of Darkness spewed at her, I'm going to have no choice other then go to Team Chloe.
No matter what Nicole does, or who she marries, Chloe is still in the wrong. In a Utopian world, babies would only be born/give to perfect parents. In Salem, and other parts of the universe, not so much.

Who wears that on a week day ?
Me.

... normal clothing
Who's to say what "normal" clothing is?

Back