Days of Our Lives - Tues., Feb. 9, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Belle runs into Claire, surprised she is back from New York. She asks what happened, Claire looks upset, sadly confesses she did not make the cut at Julliard. Yes she has a good voice, and to come back again next year. She did not tell Eve, went straight to the airport to come home, texted Eve that she choked and did not even audition. Belle is sympathetic, and encouraging, but Claire doesn't want any part of it, just rushes off.

At the cop shop, Fynn comes in, sees Shawn, wants to report a burglary at his place. Shawn says he is in forensics, that he will have to see Detective Price, who of course, is standing right there. Fynn tells Lani about all the electronics that were taken, including his camera with some rather sensitive videos on them.And while he is very careful of how he phrases it, evidently they were sex videos of him and various women. Lani wonders, since no other burglaries of that nature in his area, if perhaps one of the ladies wanted to get the camera/videos. She suggests he make some phone calls and warn the women.

Fynn then talks with Shawn a bit, wondering if he made it up with the woman he wanted to, Shawn says he tried, but did not work, and in walks Belle, surprised to see Shawn. She now learns he has moved back to Salem, not just visiting, works at the P.D. She tells him about Claire, suggests he contact her, as Claire seems to need her dad, not her mom. Shawn figures Claire needs them both, will call her.

Philip comes into Deimos's room, very angry, wants to know what Deimos wants with his mother. They go back and forth, insults, threats, etc. (about Deimos investing in Kate's business) Deimos only wants to know if Philip brought what he asked. Philip hedges a bit, hands him a folder. All info about victor's accounts, numbers, etc. But no passwords, which are needed. Deimos looks it all over, says Phil brought exactly what he asked for, all useless, and harps again about the serum. Philip cannot get any info, it is still being worked on, Dr.Salinas is under wraps, and keeps getting moved. Philip has looked in all the files, computers, even Victor's vault. Deimos doesn't care, and now is taunting Philip with what Victor will do when he learns how Philip betrayed him.

At the Kmansion, Caroline has packed her bags, wants to go home. Victor protests, but she wants her life back, her home, bossing her employees at the Pub. He doesn't want her to go, she is safer at his house, but she is fine healthwise, doesn't need any more shots. He claims they don't know that, and because he did save her life, do him the favor. Maggie comes in, having seen the luggage, convinces Caroline she really wants her to stay. Caroline finally consents to one more night. She goes upstairs, Victor thanks Maggie, who asks if Victor is going to tell her about the danger she could be in. No. Maggie asks Victor what he think Deimos might do, as Vic says Deimos would do anything, to Caroline, to Maggie, to anyone he feels would do the job. And, if he did not know exactly how the accident that killed Daniel happened, he would think Deimos arranged it.

Brady is at home, expecting Nicole, they will be talking financials. Theresa is hanging around, claims she is going to stay, learn. Brady knows what is up, has seen how she looks when she comes in a room, sees him talking with Nicole. She admits she just is unsure now, since Brady is having all these feelings, thoughts, of Daniels, the dreams. He assures her he is getting better, stronger every day. But he misses the things he used to be able to do.....working 10 hrs. a day (WHEN was that?) running 5 miles every day. She tells him to read a book, he has, he's read every book, magazine, article on his tablet. She suggests a hobby. Yeah, that is what Women's Weekly article said. Yep, even reads that. So he took the advice. He gets up, goes in another room, comes back with a ukelele, took a couple lessons on line (lOLOL) and begins strumming. He learned a song, sings it. Five ft. 2, eyes of blue, but oh, what those 5 ft. can do, has anybody seen my gal" (old song)She has been laughing for a while now, she loves this now, and then tells him she loves him, he says he loves her. Kiss, Kiss. Gets a bit more passionate. Shirt is coming off, but Brady starts feeling dizzy or faint. She calls Dr. Fynn, who comes over, Brady is o.k., needs to rest, not to exert himself. Brady asks what is too much exertion. Whatever you were doing that brought this on. LOL. Theresa promises he will rest, not exert. Fynn is grinning, saying it will be a while yet. He leaves, Theresa tucks Brady in on the sofa to nap, grabs the uke, begins strumming herself, singing "6 ft. 2, eyes of blue, but oh what those 6 ft. can do.....then she just scats at bit. Brady dozes off.

Philip meets up with his mom, who is in her office in the square. LOL. He warns her about Deimos, Kate doesn't seem to think the guy is so bad. Phil mentions prison, Kate knows, Phil talks about 30 years, so not petty theft, Kate believes Deimos's story of not having done it. She wonders why Phil is so against Deimos, Phil is late for meeting, takes off. See above.

Claire is at the cop shop, where her dad is giving her a grand tour. She is so happy he is staying in Salem. He knows about the audition, which upsets her, but he is very positive. Claire smiles. He asks her to cut her mom some slack, at least try.

Phil is on his phone in the square as Belle arrives. He is busy, leaves a message for John to call him, he needs info on Deimos Kiriakis like yesterday. He hangs up, Belle says she has not seen her dad for 3 days. Philip is rushing off, but says the pictures were of the gal who O.D.'d, Deimos sent them to him as a reminder.

Belle sits, having a drink, looking at her wedding band, takes it off, puts on a big sparkling ring. Shawn comes in, sees this, says that is some ring. She saw it in a window, liked it so bought it. Looks very expensive, says Shawn. I can spend my money any way I want. What money, asks Shawn.

Deimos finds Kate in her "office", but now Kate is a bit standoffish. He figures someone has been talking negative about him, she says nothing. They go back & forth a bit about how well each knows the other, Deimos brings up her being with Victor. They chat about her & Vic, she mentions that despite the unorthodox way Philip was conceived and born, he was the best thing that happened from that relationship.

Philip rushes into the living room at the Kmansion, asking Victor why he has not answered his phone. Victor has his own tablet or laptop open, asks Philip, "Just what is this all about"?

It's official. Fynn is a bigger player than Daniel Jonas. Unlike the Australian ladies man, there was never any indication that the Love Doctor ever videotaped any of his amorous encounters. Of course, he may have had a collection of videos entitled Hospital Gown Hotties Go Wild! Elsewhere, things seem to be going badly for Shaggy Phil. Perhaps, he should play his trump card and tell Deimos that anyone who messes with him will have to deal with his mother, Kate, who makes Victor seem like a little puppy dog. Over at the home of Jeannie T. and Brady, viewers were treated to a selection of the greatest hits of really long ago. And if Brady can improve his skill with the ukulele, perhaps he should let his hair grow and do impressions in the Town Square of the late singer, Tiny Tim. Finally, who says that nobody ever betrays Victor? How about Xander (who infuriated Victor with his antics), Vivian (who once stole Titan right out from under the village grouch), deranged gardener Owen Kent (what's worse than disloyal household staff?), and Ian McAllister (who weaseled his odious self into Titan and wouldn't leave.)

Hey, Brady got to sing.......that is a plus. In addition, a song that some folks actually heard of, even if long ago. LOL In fact, so did Jeannie T.

Besides that, it really did not seem that any other story moved at all, except that Claire is back, did not do well on her audition, and evidently Belle spent some of her ill gotten dollars, (from Sami) on a huge stone to adorn her finger.

@NickiFan......when Fynn first arrived, he & Daniel did greet each other like old friends, Daniel said they were in med school together. They did come across as good friends....

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention that Fynn ran into Claire in the square, right by the "shrine" which is still there. Wow.

How are Fynn and Shawn buddies (Fynn's word)? I think I missed something there.
@NickiFan......when Fynn first arrived, he & Daniel did greet each other like old friends, Daniel said they were in med school together. They did come across as good friends....
NikkiFan asked about Shawn and Fynn being "buddies". I don't remember Fynn and Shawn having any interaction before. But today, they acted like they knew each other well.

Actually, NickiFan was referring to the friendship between Fynn and Shawn, not Daniel. And I was wondering that myself. So, now, apparently, they're buddies ? How did that happen ?

The rest of the show was boring to me. I'm sorry. Belle is now officially competing with Sami and Kate for Salem's worst mother title.

Philip should have gone to see Victor much sooner.

What was the point of Caroline trying to leave ? All of it fell flat. Unless we are to believe that, even though Eric drove drunk, he wasn't the one responsible for Daniel's death, Deimos was (because of Victor's last words today). Thus opening the door for Eric being forgiven a little bit easier later on. Although, again, he did drive drunk and I see no excuse for that. Anyway, off topic, sorry.

I'm afraid that with Claire and Fynn, we might be treated to a Abigail and Austin repeat. Oh, I hope not.

What's the point of Lani ? I still see none...

I believe Victor was trying to show Maggie the lengths Deimos might take, how far he might go. What he said was......to show that Deimos would not hesitate to kill someone, If I did not know exactly how that accident happened, I would think Deimos arranged it. Now Deimos did not get Eric drunk, nor did he cause Brady to decide to turn the car around and go back, or dictate the time Jennifer would be on the road. No, I don't think the cause of the accident will get changed.
But the danger that Deimos presents is what worries Victor. i.e. Deimos could kidnap Caroline, have tests conducted on her medically, even have her die so an autopsy could be done to examine her brain, etc.

Sorry, that I got mixed up about Fynn & Shawn. I honestly thought it was Daniel
But there was one time Fynn met Shawn, don't remember exactly, I don't think they talked much, Fynn might have overheard Shawn talking to someone else?? Plus, who knows with how they cut scenes.

I laughed when Brady said he read Women's Weekly. He must be bored.

I hope Fynn will be leaving Salem soon. He's a worse womanizer than
Daniel was, then he asks Lani out for date. I got worried when he ran into Claire.

I wonder if Eve will stay in NYC since Claire come home without her.

Belle is spending "that" money. Will Andre notice?

On the bright side, the bit with the ukulele with Brady and Theresa was kind of cute :). The down side however was that it was between Brady and Theresa and I still don't care. I have never heard that song and I actually thought Brady said he wrote it. So I have to say the pop culture cred I've built up around here has been somewhat tarnished. :cry:

Okay what exactly is Deimos up to here? The whole blackmailing Philip thing was done just so he could tell Victor his son betrayed him? Is he even really interested in the serum or not? I had thought that it would turn out that Deimos was behind Bo's kidnapping but now I'm not so sure. I'm still interested in this story but I feel like its kind of all over the place in terms of Deimos's motivation. I mean I get that he wants to hurt Victor but is that really his whole end game? I guess I'll just to stay tuned as they say and find out.

I caught that too about Fynn saying he and Shawn were buddies. I thought maybe I missed something or perhaps there were cut scenes but it just came off as really weird.

I thought the Brady/Theresa scenes were cute but I wish I cared more about this couple.

The Deimos stuff is sort of intriguing but I feel like I'm just so underwhelmed with the show as a whole that it's hard to get interested or invested in any of these stories right now.

Once they get rid of that shrine, might as well rid of the square too. Too much loitering with it.

By the way, where are the rest of the show lately, John, Marlena, Paul, Adrienne, Lucas??

edited to write out text-speak - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back