Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 10, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Got quite a few chuckles today. Abby comes into the study, Chad is on the computer, her mom has offered to watch Thomas, been sometime since she was able to visit with him. In fact, she wants to keep Thomas overnight. Chad catches on, means they have time alone with no interruptions, he smiles, says o.k. we go out to dinner. Abby is a bit hesitant, he remembers her reaction to being out in the square, but she insists she is fine, been a long time since they went out to dinner...before they were engaged.

She takes adorable Thomas to her mom's house, they chat a bit about Abby wanting to be strong enough to be the person Chad fell in love with. Jen insists she is even stronger now than she was then.

After Abby is gone, Jen shows Thomas various pictures on the tables in the living room, exclaiming who they are, their relationship to Thomas, the kind of people they were. Great, great grampa Tom & Gramma Alice, Cousin Hope, Grampa Jack! These are cute scenes as Thomas babbles a bit, gets distracted a bit with the overhead lights. LOL.

Hope & Hattie sit outside in a courtyard or something. both have coats or jackets on. Hattie is trying to convince Hope to go back in the infirmary, that she is in a lot of danger, Sheila & CoCo are out to kill her. Hope will not run away, they argue about it a bit. Hope mentions working on locating Alfie, Hattie remembers his accent, but not the kind, she is not a world traveler. Guard comes to get Hattie for her KP duty, she leaves, the guard stays, also warns Hope, noting she is trying her own best, wishes she'd go back to the infirmary. Hope borrows the guard's phone, calls a jeweler, claiming to be the cop she has been, working on a case, wants list of those who bought that special watch. She is writing the list, then stops....wait, you mean Andre DiMera is on that list?

Over at DiMansion, Andre comes in, and the snark Chad gives to Andre is fun to hear. Andre lets him know Stefano has been siphoning money from the company, Kate has learned this, asks if Chad has heard from him. Nope. Not to worry though, I would let you know if I did, just as you let me know about Abby. LOL. They go back and forth a bit, Andre realizing Chad is going on a date with Abby, starts nicely offering all kinds of advice Chad listens intently, tells Andre he really does like the sound of his own voice, but he is the last person he would go to for relationship advice. He leaves, Andre chuckles a bit, says Oh, you think you know everything, don't you. Just wait, little brother, Just you wait, he is smiling.

Over in Prague, Steve comes downstairs where a nervous Rafe is very worried about Hope. Steve advises him to focus on the task at hand, they have to find Stefano. Steve gets a call, will be right there, he & Rafe dash out the door.

Marlena is facing off with Anna, who is waving that gun around, threatening to shoot Marlena if she has to. She wants to kill Stefano, talks about him leaving her on an island, but then she escaped, got reconciled with Tony, and she is going to kill Stefano so they both have revenge. Marlena tries to make her realize Tony is dead, wants her gun. But Anna pulls out a small urn with Tony's ashes, she carries with her all the time. Marlena understands, talks Anna into relinquishing the gun. But soon Anna wants it back, despite being told that because of her, if that was Stefano, he got away, and will be difficult to find again. They argue, a cop comes along, Anna complains to him, Marlena shows she has the safety on, the cop talks of shots being fired at the cafe, Anna won't shut up, the gun is hers, Marlena stole it. Along comes Paul, the guy got away, what is going on? The cop is arresting the two women, Paul goes along, calls Steve.

At the police station, Anna still won't shut up, wants her purse, her personal items, her husband, Marlena explains he is in the urn, etc. Steve & Rafe arrive, let Anna know she botched their tracking. (She heard about them coming there from Roman, so followed Marlena, figuring she'd lead Anna to Stefano eventually). Rafe calls someone to fill in on what is going on. The cop takes the women away to book them.

Hope has finished her call, is about to go back to the cellblock, a hand comes up behind her, over her mouth with a cloth. Chloroform. It is Hattie, who put her into a dumpster, sorry about the fishheads. Along comes Chet, Hattie turns on the charm, wanting him to take the dumpsters away. He is gonna look, she won't let him, flirts a lot, about when she met him in the kitchen, felt so close. She does explain a special prisoner is inside, she is saving her from being killed. Chet caves, shaking his head over what one does for love, and pushes the dumpster off. A bit later, the prison is on lockdown...a prisoner has escaped.

Chad & Abby enjoy their dinner, she is eating oysters, used to love them, but got sick once long ago, never ate them since, but decided she is no longer going to be afraid of anything she loved. He is eating burgers. Music plays,. evidently "their" song, Because You're Mine is a lot of the lyrics. He asks her to dance, lovely. Later, they have gone home, had a great time, go upstairs, saying good night to each other. He goes into his room, shuts the door. She hesitates a bit, then goes to hers. She returns later in her negligee, stopping outside his bedroom door, hearing that song playing. Inside Chad sits in bed, listening to the song. Split screen, as the music plays.

The conversation with Anna and Marlena should've gone:

Anna: That SOB [Stefano] dumped me on an island to die.
Marlena: Oh, boo-hoo. Who didn't he do that to?? You think you're special??

Anna: John has a son named Paul? Since when?
Marlena: Look, I don't have time for the whole story, but seriously, you're questioning a child popping up out of nowhere? Remember when you sent little Carrie to find Roman, who had no clue she existed?

Anna: Here's my beloved Tony, in an urn.
Marlena: Cheer up, Anna. He's bound to turn up alive and well someday. Look, Andre did.

Jen's brief Horton history with Thomas should've went like this:

Jen: See this picture? It's my cousin Hope, she's been my best friend forever. She's having a bit of bad luck at the moment. See, she's in prison for killing your Nono. But he's probably alive, just like your mommy, so Cousin Hope should be out soon.

I wasn't looking at the TV, but was Marlena trying to explain who Anna was to Patch? Not only were there in Salem at the same time (when he first came on the show), but you'd think he'd certainly know about Roman's first wife, as well as knowing she's Carrie's mother.

Or was Marlena talking to Paul?

To Paul........who said..........I don't know who the hell you are.......Marlena started saying Anna.......but did not want to say DiMera.....said it was complicated, then Steve said....Will explain the family tree later....

Some usual only-in-Salem features were on display today.

In-crowd immunity: The Czech Republic has more liberal gun laws than many other parts of Europe, but unlicensed possession is still an offense. So is wandering around in public places waving a gun or possibly firing shots in or near cafes, etc. Of course, Anna will never see the inside of a Czech prison -- she's a Salemite.

Horrible prison security: Easy escapes from confinement are a way of life for Salemites. Even the most cursory inspection of the dumpster would have discovered would-be escapee Hope, but of course she'll get away. As for the poor fool who succumbed to Hattie's charms and aided Hope, did he read what happened to the hapless woman prison employee who helped two inmates escape from Dannemora prison in upstate New York in 2015?

Let's blame Stefano for everything: This is not necessarily a good idea. Ask Hope. Sure, the Phoenix treated Tony very badly during his lifetime, but was he really primarily to blame for his death? If memory serves Tony died on the piers after impaling himself on a shard of wood during a fight with Philip (the one with Face II). Why not blame Philly K. or the people responsible for keeping the piers free of assorted junk? Anna might also want to blame Nick Fallon because he was the one who developed the now-forgotten fuels project, which was what sparked the fatal fight.

I had to laugh when Marlena and Anna (and entourage) were in the Salem, er I mean Prague Police station and they led Marlena off in handcuffs but yet Anna wasn't in any cuffs. If they were both being arrested you'd think they both would be in handcuffs.

I had to laugh when Marlena and Anna (and entourage) were in the Salem, er I mean Prague Police station and they led Marlena off in handcuffs but yet Anna wasn't in any cuffs. If they were both being arrested you'd think they both would be in handcuffs.

I initially thought the same thing but Marlena wasn't cuffed either. She moved her hands as she walked off.

Are they seriously kidding with the police station set?!? I thought they were doing so well with the Prague redressing too.

I wonder who Rafe called?:)

Rafe and Hope were both enjoyable today because they were separate and in cop mode. Loved Hope putting the paces together about Alfie. Also, the SOD spoilers for today were incorrect as they said Chet was the one who chloroformed Hope. There was no mention of Hattie yet that's what we saw.

Kudos to Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie). They really do seem like 2 separate characters and I don't know how they do it but Hattie looks about 10 pounds heavier than Marlena. And it's not just the clothing, I see it in her face as well so I guess that's a good makeup team too.

Chad and Abby were adorable.

Jennifer and Thomas were too cute for words. You could tell Melissa Reeves (Jen) was improvising with the baby as well. My only beef was Hope's photo. Give me a break, that the photo would be of Hope alone and not with Bo and/or her children. Also, Jen saying my cousin was awkward. Why not say your cousin or our cousin to Thomas?

I did love the intermingling of Tom/Alice and Jack/Jen's photos with Chad/Abby's date. Very well done.

Great job to Richard Culliton, today's scriptwriter.

Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed all the jokes here and there on today's show.

Hattie mentioned West Side Story with the Sharks and the Jets. We found out
Sheila and Coco failed anger management class, and Paul called Anna,
Annie Oakley.

I was surprised to see Hattie involved with Hope being taking out of the prison.

I didn't know until today Roman was in touch with Anna. He's probably keeping his
options open in getting that kiss :)

Got quite a few chuckles today.
More like BELLY LAUGHS - Hope's crosstalk with Hattie, "You stink at it! [killing Stefano]", "She does know we're not in France, right?", "I'll draw you a family tree later," etc. I literally laughed out loud no less than 3 times.
Andre lets him know Stefano has been siphoning money from the company,
I am really hoping/starting to believe that André is pulling a colossal prank on everyone, and is doing this to steal without blame, and perhaps get Hope released (even though that makes no sense) so he can exact revenge on her. Just my theory/hope.
evidently "their" song, Because You're Mine
Yes, this had its début on a Thursday, and Jason47 talked about it. This is their theme. So obviously they're over, LOL.
Split screen, as the music plays.
Generally this show was firing on all cylinders today. I'm genuinely curious about André, I'm enjoying Paul for the first time ever, it's great to see Anna, and as above, the humour was on point. Deidre Hall is magnificent as Hattie and Marlena. Superb. The Jen/Thomas scenes were very nice, and they really surprised me that Hattie drugged Hope. I didn't even mind Rafe, en route to arrest "Stefano," worrying about a grown woman who wants to defend herself, because he was angry at Anna and remembered her role in the Sydnapping.

But here's my beef. Abby and Chad should be reunited. This forced separation and "let's move slowly back to each other" is nonsense. Chad and Abby should be fighting with Paul, Marlena, and Steve in Prague to figure our the Stefano mystery. I know not everybody loves the new Abby, but I think the chemistry's there. And for me, it's easier to get behind Abby/Chad with this actor pair because I'm not reminded of Abby/Ben (whom I actually preferred until Abby started sniffing around Chad, and even then I wanted her single). Days really has forgotten how to tell stories that are about anything other than breakups/developing romances, and they're not extremely good at either of those. Chad's sudden feelings for Gabi were out of character and forced on us after we knew Abby was alive; there is no logical, televisually literate viewer who would assume Chad will genuinely end up with Gabi. So, this is dumb and wasting our time. Reunite them and give them an adventure.

Might I suggest tracking down André's malfeasance? :)

Last edited:
Marlena: Cheer up, Anna. He's bound to turn up alive and well someday. Look, Andre did.
Another great line I forgot! "The wrong ones [Dimeras] keep turning up alive!"
Oh, come on, with Hope getting to use the guard's phone.
And not just make a call, but an international call. Yip.
Will explain the family tree later....
I would actually pay money to see Steve drawing Paul a family tree of the DiMeras...that'd be comedy gold and a nod to the show's history.
Anna might also want to blame Nick Fallon because he was the one who developed the now-forgotten fuels project, which was what sparked the fatal fight.
She's afraid of Julie's wrath, or she would. :wink:
I see it in her face as well so I guess that's a good makeup team too.
Between this and Deidre Hall's (Hattie) varied delivery, if I didn't know better, I would think Andrea Hall-Gengler was playing Hattie again.
Great job to Richard Culliton, today's scriptwriter.
Definitely in the "win" column, this one!
I didn't know until today Roman was in touch with Anna.
Right? Anna, the kidnapper and legal and Dimera refugee, makes regular contact with Roman? Okiedokey.

Back