Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 16, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Oh, what tangled webs we weave…..Abby & Chad have come to say goodbye to Theo, only to find Stefan there, playing a game of chess with Theo. He quickly gets up, makes a few comments about getting to know Theo, leaves. Chad clues Theo in on what he feels Stefan is all about, and how he is the one actually responsible for what happened to Theo. Theo asks a few questions, they all chat, Abby says goodbye, she loves Theo, but has to get back to the office, put out any fires.

JJ has comes to the Pub to have his counseling session with Eric, who was unable to leave. These scenes are switched back and forth with Lani talking with Kayla in her office. Both conversations are all about Lani being pregnant, JJ thinking the baby is his. JJ tells Eric about quitting the force, having the baby, raising it together, etc. Eric doesn’t seem to think this is all good, tho doesn’t say so. Meanwhile Kayla is pointing out, quite well, to Lani that living a lie is going to hurt many in the long run. Lani explains how JJ was through so much, quit the force, and how thrilled and happy he was when he learned she was pregnant. She could not take that away. Kayla does some very thorough explaining, will be worse later on, what about the baby, should it get sick, need some medical procedure, JJ will be aware then. Kayla mentions the baby not looking like JJ, Lani figures it could look like her, that she is light skinned, but makes no difference. She does not say who the father is. JJ has to leave to go see Theo, thanks Eric. Kayla tells Lani to give it all some thought, meanwhile giving her a prescription for pre-natal pills..

Abe is with Valerie, thinking of his son, contemplating resigning as mayor to go be with Theo in South Africa. He says Val could come, too. She remembers how he did not want her to go back to DC as her son was there, so understands. However, she would miss the mayor, and him. Ah, but Theo doesn’t want Abe to go with him, says town needs him as mayor. So, he is sticking around.

Chad talks long time with Theo, about their chess matches, how much Theo means to him, pep talk about concentrating on his therapy, etc. etc. When the time comes, Chad is near tears, as he hugs Theo, will miss him, but wants him back walking etc. He gifts him with specially made tablets so the two of them can constantly be in touch.

Gabi & Eli wake up, do some more kissy face, evidently having a morning repeat of last night, but she has to get to work.She gets up, finds an earring on the floor, Eli admits it belongs to Lani, she came there Christmas Eve after seeing Gabi with JJ. He again is sorry about jumping to conclusions, as is Gabi, who was thinking the worst now herself.

Gabi walks into Stefan’s office with some press release, and Stefan loses no time in sticking pins into Abby, without stopping. He mentions Gabi & Chad being a couple after Abby “died”, Gabi comes in, she & Abby talk of press releases about GabiChic, doing them together…….Gabi leaves. Stefan is immediately jabbing more pins, as he is surprised Abby is best friends with the woman who had sex with her husband. He goes on and on, bringing up the island, sex, etc. All the while Abby is calm, knows she faked her death, Chad was lost, she expected him to move on, she was glad Gabi was able to help him out of his blue funk. But Stefan is merciless, just keeps it up, talking of Gabi only coming there to be around Chad. Abby protests that DiMera made a more lucrative offer, Gabi wanted to work with Kate, and it just goes on…Stefan won’t quit. She comments he really did his research, he claims when he wants something, he does so. She says he just wants to stir up trouble, and leaves.

Chad has stopped by Gabi’s work room, welcoming her to the company. She tells him how Stefan thinks she only came with them to be around Chad. She figures they were together for a while, he is with his wife, the 3 of them are friends, the other stuff in the past. They hug, and naturally, Abby appears in the doorway to see this.

JJ is with Theo, tells him of quitting the force, beats around the bush a bit, but finally tells Theo he is going to be an uncle. After he leaves the room, he sees Lani, who tells him she just left Kayla. Yes, all is o.k. JJ excitedly tells Lani that he told Theo about them having a baby. Abe overhears……you mean you are pregnant with a baby with JJ?

Eli is fingering the earring in his room, Val arrives with a shopping bag, couple of clothing items for him. She think he needs to “step it up” if his girlfriend is in the fashion business. They get to talking about how lucky he is to have Gabi, he agrees, but admits he almost blew it, and Gabi can never find out. Concerned Val asks him just what did he do, and he finally tells her…..I had sex with Lani.

Last edited:
Well, no surprise here, same old, same old. What a shock and how refreshing would it be for Lani to tell JJ the truth? But no, here we go again with another overused baby scenario. It takes less than 3 seconds to say: "It's not your baby." Ridiculous. I bet Val’s going to figure this one out.

Here's how the scene with Kayla and Lani should've gone:

Lani: I'm having this baby and letting JJ think he's the father.

Kayla: But that's wrong and he's bound to find out.

Lani: Nahhh, I got it all figured out. I'll say the baby is late. He'll never know.

Kayla: Here, I want you to call these numbers. One is my niece Sami. The second number is for my other niece's husband, Austin. The third number is for Lucas Horton. Ask them how that all worked out.

Why Abby, and even Gabi, allowed themselves to be suckered into Stefan's idiotic, but manipulative, shenanigans is beyond me. By responding, and revealing and DEFENDING their own truths, they allowed this slimeball to wiggle into their personal lives, feelings and beliefs. They could have replied that personal conversations were off limits and none of his business, then contact human resources (who work for him so probably a moot point.)

I rather liked the way they alternated between Eric and JJ's counseling session, and Kayla and Lani's conversation. I'm glad that we're actually seeing follow up on those sessions and just not have to assume he's getting them off-screen.

So it looks like Lani is not only intending to continue to lie to JJ about being the baby's father but she's just going to keep her fingers crossed that the child is born light-skinned enough for JJ not to ask questions.

I see this is story is quickly progressing from rushed and cliched to offensive. As Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons" would say "Ex-cellent." :sarcasm:

Gabi and Eli: I was glad to see her calm and mature reaction finding the earring. Even though she's my girl, even I have to admit she can get over-emotional at times. So I'm glad she didn't.

The bad news is that Eli is a liar liar pants on fire.:sad:

Can Stefan come across as any more predatory? I'm afraid the answer is going to to be: Yes, yes he can.

That's a good point, JS. I just thought that was the point that Lani was trying to make. Maybe I misunderstood.

Lani did make a comment about herself being light-skinned and hoping the baby would be lighter-skinned. But since she's full African American, really wouldn't matter if the child was darker skinned. There have been stories in the news over the years of mixed race couples having twins in which one was dark and the other was fair. Like Lani said, with genetics it's a toss-up anyway.

The bad news is that Eli is a liar liar pants on fire.:sad:
But he did say the earring belonged to Lani, and did say she came over on Christmas Eve, after seeing JJ & Gabi in bed. And he said she was upset. He did not lie about any of it.

He did not say he had sex with Lani, but also did not say he did not. So, no lie there either. He told Gabi she was the only woman for him. He meant that........unless you think that was a lie???

Oh, Salemites have ways of getting around anything. They withhold, or get conveniently interrupted. LOL

And Stefan, using his position to intimidate, stalk, prey. Egads. So far, he has taken Chad's home, claimed it as his own. Took the CEO from position thru back door, and now he seems to be going after Chad's wife. Talk about needing to be taken down a few pegs.

But he did say the earring belonged to Lani, and did say she came over on Christmas Eve, after seeing JJ & Gabi in bed. And he said she was upset. He did not lie about any of it.
Okay you're right, everything Eli told Gabi was true. He just didn't tell her the whole story and that's what I was thinking when I said that. So maybe he's a "liar liar pants on fire, by omission?" LOL

:eek: Eli: The Salem P.D.'s resident romeo certainly does get around: steaming up the windows with Gabba-Gabba when only a few days after he was doing the same with Lani. And if Gabi looked under his bed how many other women's earrings would she find?

:sick:Stefan: The Big Zero should wear a big sign reading: "Color Me Inappropriate." People being asked questions about their personal lives and marriages is common in Salem, but generally they come from close friends and family, not some creepy perv who they hardly know.

:confused:JJ: Anyone who's not familiar with life in Salem might wonder why he's so happy. After all, he's unemployed and thinks there's a baby on the way. Usually, that can be a recipe for disaster, but in Salem, the Money Tree doth provide.

Last edited:
And it is coming. Abe now knows, so undoubtedly will mention it, maybe in passing, to Val.

And on that subject, JJ was going to give Lani time to think about it all, yet he told Eric, then came and told Theo, and immediately blabs to Lani that he told her brother, which gave Abe the heads up. Should he not have waited to either tell anyone with her there (like Theo), her father, etc.? Yes, he is excited, but that is a personal thing, and he is blathering all over.

But yet, he has not told his own mom or sis, has he? Despite all that talk of Horton family, love, etc.

Last edited:
:confused:JJ: Anyone who's not familiar with life in Salem might wonder why he's so happy. After all, he's unemployed and thinks there's a baby on the way. Usually, that can be a recipe for disaster, but in Salem, the Money Tree doth provide.
Perhaps JJ is planning on being a stay at home daddy, with Lani working to provide for the family. Or, JJ isn't actually thinking of anything real.

says town needs [Abe]
as mayor
Yes, we need a hothead who fires people based on his personal whims. Good night.
Stefan won’t quit
Can StefanNo leave and we get EJ back? Everyone else in the world seems to think Krist-ann's comment means he is alive (rather than "could" be alive, which was the actual modal tense used). I'd rather see that raping murderer than hear this loser say one more line.

I don't think I can take more of Lani's over-the-shoulder misery-looks while hugging JJ, nor can I stand the constant interruptions. Irritating (on top of being in a story that makes no logical sense).

Thanks, Poirot.

It was interesting Gabi found the earring since it's been three weeks since Lani
was there. Does the Martin House have maids? Shouldn't one of them found it?

And then Eli told Gabi the truth whose earring it was. I guess he remembered after
all the flashbacks we've been seeing.

I was surprised he told his mom he slept with Lani.

I think Lani was going to tell JJ the truth until Abe showed up.

Today JJ told Eric and Theo about the baby. Now Abe knows. It won't be too
much longer before the whole town knows.

I enjoyed the scenes with Theo today.

At the end, it looked like Abby was sort of smiling when she saw Chad hugging Gabi.

Back