Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 16, 2018

But Gabi did say during the earring discussion "and nothing happened, same with me and JJ" and Eli agreed so he did lie. And now that he's told his mom I'm sure she will put 2 and 2 together.

Stefan certainly trying to cause trouble. It looked at the end like Abby might just say "hey you two what's going on" jokingly. I certainly hope so. Let's not go back to the Gabi and Chad were destined to be together. Or they could play Stefan and pretend Chad and Gabi are hooking up.

Stefan is altogether disgusting. Nothing at all for me to like about him. But JJ is someone I like--until he starts to act stupid. He was right to resign from the police force, since he really doesn't have the self-control of a flea in a dog shelter. Lani should dump him right now, based on the fact that he went all over town telling something about which she clearly was unsettled.

Yes, we need a hothead [(Abe)] who fires people based on his personal whims. Good night.
Yes, Abe is a hothead who appears to do no work as mayor. He also never did anything about the lethal Salem tunnels and the dangerous conditions on the piers that killed Tony. He also tolerates the inept Salem P.D., but is he really that bad? After all, Salem's other mayors in recent years have been Mayor Marino and EJ. The corrupt Marino was so tight with the DiMeras that Stefano appears to have had him murdered and EJ was a philandering career criminal who was obsessed with Sami Brady. And if Abe has to go, who would replace him? Among long-term current Salem residents there are:
  • Roman Brady: a "commissioner cover-up" who consorts with a batty woman who totes her late husband's urn wherever she goes;
  • Rafe Hernandez: another cover-up artist and FBI wash-out who once had a taste for granny sex;
  • Doug Williams: an elderly former conman who's always away from Salem on cruises;
  • Eric Brady: an ex-convict who has less charisma than the average tree stump;
  • Jenny Deveraux: a ranting, confrontational woman who has treated her newspaper and hospital positions as no-show jobs;
  • Sonny Kiriakis: a Big Boy lookalike with a taste for firing people;
  • John Black: the coma king of Salem who may lose his memory again at any moment;
  • Steve Johnson: the wild-and-crazy adventurer who probably couldn't bear to sit behind a desk for more than five minutes;
  • Dr. Marlena Evans: would the voters support Stefano's former Queen of the Night?
  • Hope Brady: why would Salemite's want an ex-convict who runs their awful police force?:
None of these seem like good choices. Perhaps, the best option would be Maggie who knows all about Salem doings. Giving her the job would get her out of the K-mansion, and she could soothe the long-suffering city workers by bringing them home-baked cookies.

Last edited:
Ok, I want to know why the writers are giving JJ dialogue that makes him sound like a woman (think Sami, think Nicole): It's a blessing, it's a sign we're meant to be together, etc., including the softer hopeful tone of voice.

I find that interesting. Also, the women who have said that previously have gone through very rough patches and didn't necessarily end up with whom they received the "sign"/"blessing" about. I think we've found new trigger dialogue that gives *us* a sign.

Thanks for the episode write-up. This was a nice step forward with some of the storylines. Still, I think it's time for a few days' break of Stefan O. and all that. His creepy knowledge of the family and strange interactions with Abigail are a bit too much to handle. Let's have something else to watch instead for the next few episodes.

Back