Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan., 3, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
January 3, 2017

Well, Happy New Year to you, too, Days writers. All I will say is thank goodness for Steve & Kayla, as there is very little joy in Mudville, I mean Salem tonight. Steve, Kayla, Joey & Jade are cleaning up after working the Pub on New Year's Eve. Kayla calls her mom (who evidently is with Kim) to tell her all went well. Kayla wears a top hat, they all kibbitz around, Joey wants a reluctant Jade to go home & rest, she wants to stay, will sit, fold napkins. Music is playing softly, Steve & Kayla dance, kiss, talk of all the good things coming in 2017....he is making Kayla his bride, Adrienne will kick cancer in the butt, Joey & Jade will have the most beautiful baby in the world, and they will be getting Hope back home where she belongs. Jade wants to dance with a worried Joey, they can just sway in place. All is peaceful and loving, then Jade gets a bad pain, Kayla checks her a bit, calls the OB on duty, says Jade can be checked at the hospital.

Gabi is having a fit when she realizes the woman JJ had sex with was Lani, his former partner, saying he lied. No he didn't, he honestly did not remember. Lani has been mad as well, explaining that she did not know JJ was in Miami, came into this bar, saw him, he was in a bad way. She began drinking with him, and tried to comfort him. Gabi snaps at her, comfort a guy who has a girlfriend. (Hey Gabi, Chad has a wife!) Lani wants to know where Gabi was, why wasn't she there. All are arguing, Gabi finally running off. JJ follows but Gabi now has her big excuse. She cannot be with someone she cannot trust, he shoots back ..."like Chad". She snaps at him this has nothing to do with Chad, he has cheated before (on Paige) and though he literally begs for another chance, Gabi says no, we are over, we can never be together again.

JJ sits on a park bench, Lani comes along, they have things sorted out, she wants to forget this all ever happened, he reminds her he can't forget something he really doesn't remember. Laughs, shaking of hands, as they will remain friends.

Abby & Chad are kissing passionately, but the baby monitor has has Thomas crying, they break apart, she will go see to thomas, Chad says he is going to bed. In his room, Abby tells Thomas how Daddy kissed her, so things are getting back on track. She mentions him going to bed, but not saying good night, so was that just an announcement, or invitation.

Chad is in bed, the door opens, Abby stands there in silky or satiny gown and robe. She comes over to talk to the sleepless Chad, sits on the edge of the bed. They talk a bit, about Thomas, a bit about them, but Chad doesn't want to discuss them at all. He is tired of lies, manipulations, people faking their deaths....and tells her that now his father apparently is also back from the dead. He doesn't know how, doesn't plan on going to look for him, let the police do it. They talk a bit more, and then are kissing passionately again, He gets her robe off, she gets his T-shirt off, both are under the covers, getting hot and heavy, but Chad breaks away. He can't, he just can't. She kisses his shoulder, then finally gives him a light kiss, says Happy New Year, Chad, takes her robe and leaves the room.

Now, let's take all this merriment and go to the prison, where someone, Rafe has managed to be able to visit Hope, no matter how late it is. They chat, talk happily, kid around about him having no champagne with him, kiss, then talk as Rafe brought her even better news. He tells of the possibility of Stefano being alive, of being spotted supposedly, description fits him to a T, establishing a power base in Europe. They happily talk of her perhaps getting out of prison. He will do his best. They lean across the table, kiss, she drops something, he picks it up, tis that Tarot death card. He worms it out of her that it was left for her. Rafe knows she is in danger, Chille is dead, she doesn't have the protection she once did. She figures she will be o.k.

Gabi is walking in the square, Rafe spots her, can see she is upset, she tells of telling JJ they can never be together, ever again. Then says she has feelings for Chad, already has gotten a lecture from Dario about mingling with the DiMeras. Rafe knows Chad is not like the rest of that family, so no worries, but Gabi says she did not think so, until Chad found that Abby was still alive, and is back in Salem, yes, at the house. Rafe holds her as she cries a bit.

At the hospital, Jade is in a bed, is all upset, crying out in pain, Kayla is getting the ultrasound to come in, Jade begins bleeding. Kayla shags Joey out of the room. Jade is crying. Later, Joey is outside the room with Steve, Kayla comes out, she is sorry, they did all they could. Steve is sorry as well. She explains that a miscarriage usually indicates the baby wasn't viable, would not have lived. Yes, Joey can go in to be with Jade. He does, she is crying, my baby, our baby, as he hold her, stroking her hair.

And back to the prison where fun and games :sarcasm: continue. Coco & Sheila are in a cell, talking over how Hope gets this late night visit from her cop boyfriend, special favors. They have to do something, Chille is gone, did not work, other inmates have rallied because she befriended that newbie. We gotta do something and do it tonight.

Hope is in her cell, praying that she gets that miracle, that Stefano really is still alive. Suddenly Coco & Sheila rush in, no miracle for you, honey, Hope screams, they shove her back on the cot, both on top of her.

Sorry if I came across like Debby Downer, but it just irritated me that all these miserable things were happening at once, on a day when most folks are at least pretending to smile and be happy.

That said, when any of you watch the show today, especially those who have it taped, when Abby leaves Chad's bedroom, I could swear she opens the door, and there are all kinds of green leaves, as if the door opens to that lush park area. A second later, as she closes the door, there is paneling, a wall, etc. So.....did I see wrong? Or was there a bit of a boo boo there? LOL

LOL Poirot that sounds like it could be the most interesting part of the show. I'll FF through the DVR just to check.

A gloomy episode indeed. I thought for sure Chad and Abby would go all the way so I was surprised when they didn't. I need their conversation to have some movement instead of all this back and forth stuff. Maybe she really should move in with Jen for a while, see Marlena for counseling and get a job at the Spectator. Maybe then Chad will come around. Actually it would be interesting if they went to couples counseling with Marlena.

Also that shade of orange isn't good on Abby.

No surprise with Jade. Maybe she will leave Salem now and start over somewhere else.

Hope/Rafe: Tuned this out but did like the brief scene with Rafe and Gabi. I wish she would have more scenes with him instead of Dario.

The ending with Hope was a little surprising only because I thought the show was ending on Joey/Jade and then all of a sudden we got the very very brief Hope scene. Blink and you miss it. I almost did.

This is now the 3rd or 4th episode written by David Kreizman and I can't say I've enjoyed any of them. They've all been very dark and depressing.

Kayla comes out, she is sorry, they did all they could. Steve is sorry as well. She explains that a miscarriage usually indicates the baby wasn't viable, would not have lived.
Well, we figured this would happen as soon as Joey and Jade (as well as Patch and Kayla) started to become happy about the baby.

Let's see, I predict in 6-7 years, a teenager with a chip on his/her shoulder will turn up in Salem, looking for Jade and Joey. :rolleyes:

I'm actually surprised Jade had pains and lost the baby all in one episode. You have to admit, in the past, this could've been dragged out over a week.

And I'm really surprised that Joey, Kayla and Steve were all present and know about the miscarriage. I'd have thought she would've lost the baby in secret and then pretended to still be pregnant. Or that maybe Lani would be pregnant, too, and somehow Jade would've stolen her baby.

Yes, today was an exercise in gloom and doom, especially the loss of the baby. Anyway, here are a few conversations that I would have liked to see today.

Rafe and Hope at the prison:

Rafe: Hope, great news. Stefano might still be alive.

Hope: But that means I'll still be doing time for attempted murder. Right?

Rafe: Nah. Nick and Gabi only did a few years for actually murdering somebody, For attempted murder, you're sure to get time served and be released. Then, Roman can give you your job back under the Salem P.D.'s new "Hire-a-Felon" program.

Lani and Gabi In the Town Square:

Lani: What are you a choir girl?

Gabi: No, I'm a convicted murderer and you'd better not tick me off any more than you already have.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention. I thought it was a nice directing touch that Jade mentioned the bleeding but the camera didn't pan in on it. Many of us watch the show over lunch so I give the show credit for paying attention to detail without over-emphasizing it.

I'm with the writers nothing says "Happy New Year" like losing a child and prison assaults. Harrumph!

Gabi/JJ/Lani: Well I predicted in the Friday December 30 thread that Gabi would accuse JJ of lying about not remembering his one night stand was with Lani and unfortunately I was right. *sigh* I don't deny that my girl threw some stones she shouldn't have thrown but I still felt for her even though I didn't agree with her today. I kind of blinked when she told Rafe "I think I have feelings for Chad." When you tell someone you love them you're pretty much past the "thinking" you have feelings stage. Then I realized that she's trying to protect herself and I hate to say it but she's not doing a very good job of it.

I also liked the Rafe and Gabi scenes. As much as I enjoy her jousting with Dario (and I'm likely the only one) I agree with Heater that the relationship conversations should between her and Rafe.

I know that Gabi being so hard-nosed with JJ is making them unrootable for some people. And I get that point of view but the romantic in me says if she is really over JJ why is she still so upset?

Here's how I wish the conversation had gone:

Gabi: I just think it takes a certain kind of person to sleep with someone else's boyfriend.

Lani: What are you a choir girl?

Gabi:*proudly* Yes (pulls out her phone and cycles through pictures. Stops and shows phone to Lani the picture is Gabi in her prison uniform surrounded by several tough and dangerous looking women. She's holding a large trophy) I was second chair in the Statesville choir. We took first place out of all female correctional institutions across the country.

Lani: *blinks* Well I'll be darned.

I also predicted that Hope constantly getting special treatment would come back bite her. So it looks like I called that too. Yay me?

So Lani and JJ are going to start over and go back to being friends? Well I still say this whole thing stinks of rotten fish but I have sneaking suspicion that we aren't going to get any follow through. Again I say Harrumph!

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary. Yup, a doom & gloom show at a time when it should've been joyous. I do like the Gabi-Rafe and Steve-Kayla scenes. That made the episode so much better.

Kind of feel bad for Joey and Jade, even though I never wanted them to be having a baby. I'm not surprised there was a miscarriage, but I am shocked it happened so soon.

Lani/JJ/Gabi: what's the point? Why even have Lani and JJ sleep together that night? Gabi could've just broken up with JJ because of her feelings with Chad, and JJ's character wouldn't have to be portrayed as a serial cheater. I really hope they're not trying to go for a pregnancy here.

And Abigail is unbelievable. She should know by now that it'll take some time for Chad to move past what she did and forgive her. I wish she'd take some time to reflect on her actions and realize she caused more damage by staying hidden.

Except for the dance with Steve and Kayla, the show didn't have many happy moments.

Hopefully, Lani paid for her drinks before she left Club TBD.

I thought it was interesting Rafe told Hope Stefano might be alive and later he found
out Abby was.

I was surprised Chad and Abby didn't spend the night together. Maybe he was
thinking about Gabi?

Does telling someone a miscarriage happens because the there is something wrong
with the baby help someone when it happens? It didn't make me feel any better.

That said, when any of you watch the show today, especially those who have it taped, when Abby leaves Chad's bedroom, I could swear she opens the door, and there are all kinds of green leaves, as if the door opens to that lush park area. A second later, as she closes the door, there is paneling, a wall, etc. So.....did I see wrong? Or was there a bit of a boo boo there? LOL

I went back and looked at it. It was a large potted plant in the hallway.

Also, I scanned through the ending again. That bit with Hope in prison started at 1:58pm. The credits are usually rolling at 1:57pm. Very odd. I wonder if that scene was originally part of tomorrow's episode.

Lani comes along, they have things sorted out, she wants to forget this all ever happened
Please please oh please stick with this idea writers! Be novel for once!!
Hope is in her cell, praying that she gets that miracle, that Stefano really is still alive.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH I just can't with this show.

I wasn't a Chad/Abby fan with Kate Mansi (ex-Abby), but I'm really not feeling it with this actress. It's early and so far Abby has just been really annoying. Maybe when she is back to normal. Have to say I was expecting Gabi to walk in on Chad and Abby in bed since she was so upset I figured she'd run straight to Chad. Or that he'd say "Oh Gabi" but instead he just stopped. Wasn't expecting that.

It's sad that Jade lost the baby but should have expected it with this show. But now we will never know. Was Joey the father?

JJ and Lani. Can't really figure out where this going.

Hope and Rafe. Hate it more every time I see them trying to make them just great loves of each others lives. THEY ARE NOT!!

Back