Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 30, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Will is unpacking a box, comes across a book, with a loving inscription from Sonny. He continues to take things out, answers a knock, it is Sonny, obviously upset that Will moved out of Sonny’s place, and straight into Paul’s. Will explains not so, his cousin offered great deal, he needed great deal, no job, blah, blah. Sonny goes on, why not with Marlena, your dad just out of rehab. Will doesn’t want crutches, needs to be on his own, be who he is. Sonny whines, complains, is angry, sees the book, talks of how he still feels the same way as when he wrote that, but Will say he does not. Not fair to Sonny, and gives the divorce papers. Soon as Sonny signs, they can file them. Sonny finally leaves.

Valerie comes to see Eli, who doesn’t have time, 2 suspects, going to be very tied up. Oh, she only wanted to know if he talked to Lani, he did. Val proceeds to sit down, question him for quite a while, but Eli knows Lani is telling him the truth, baby is not his.

Replay of John asking someone on the phone for another vial, talking of Steve not suspecting his best friend is poisoning him. Behind John, we see Paul in the gateway arch. John hangs up, Paul asks about what he was saying, John claims he was talking to Steve. Paul sees a vial in John’s hands, but John says they are eye drops, just some allergies. Paul leaves…go straight to Will’s apt. He knocks, has a tool kit Will wanted to borrow to hang some pics, and soon is inside, needing to talk. He tells Will about what he heard, also how Steve has been having vision problems, dizzy, etc. He cannot believe his dad would tell him such a blatant lie, or that he would do anything to harm Steve. Cannot be some case, as since Paul is also a part of Black Patch, he would know about it. Will starts to call Marlena. If something is going on with John, she needs to know.

Steve gets his glasses from where he threw them, Kayla comes along, he tells her the glasses worked for a while, then didn’t work at all. She insists he get checked at the hospital. Jennifer is knocking at a door, Come In, and there is the shirtless Eric. She apologizes, but felt he should know, she got a tip his dad was arrested, along with Anna. Eric gets a shirt on, and off to the station they go.

Val has finally left when they arrive, Eli assures them they cannot see Roman for several hours, go home. At the hospital, eager, overly happy JJ is with Lani for her checkup, tho she says it is just not necessary. Kayla & Steve arrive, Kayla sees Dr. Shah, asks him to check Steve out, they leave. She talks to Lani & JJ, surprised to hear JJ talking of becoming a father. She & Lani convince JJ to go watch the Bulls game at the Pub, while Lani is checked.

Later, Kayla is telling Lani she is fine, all looks o.k., wonders why she has not told the truth to JJ. Lani is convinced this is the way to go, JJ is happy, the baby will be loved, she has told the father she is pregnant, but not that he is the father. This is best, even for the baby.

Sonny comes to the Pub, finds JJ, shares his woes about Will, but then JJ shares his baby news, Sonny congratulates him.

Val is at the hospital, short chat with Kayla, as Val has to check some patient files. Kayla sees Steve, has to go check on him. Val takes the opportunity to pick up her files, along with Lani’s and go to a room to look them over.

Jen & Eric are in the square, he is thanking her for letting him know about his dad, and apologizes for the way he acted the other day. She thinks she overreacted as well. Just as he starts to invite her to dinner to thank her for letting him know about his dad, along comes Dr. Shah, just in time for their dinner date. Off they go.

John sits on a bench as some guy comes up, gives him a vial. John comments he was sure quick with this. The man asks if he has 2nd thoughts, John is ticked, doesn’t like the idea of what he is doing to his partner and best friend. The man says “just get the job done”.

Sonny is contemplating the divorce papers, pen in hand, getting ready to sign.

Val picks up Lani’s file, saying, o.k. Ms. Price, let’s see if you are telling the truth. She opens the file, gets a “look” on her face as she reads, puts the file down, as she seems to be saying..”Aha, I knew it” to herself.

Kayla says Steve doesn’t look like it is good news. It isn’t, he replies.

Thank you, Poirot.

GRRR! Val steals and reads Lani's file, and confidentiality goes out the window.

I hope they don't drag out the reason that John is being made to dose Steve with this stuff. At least they could tell us if it is meant to kill Steve or just put him out of commission for a while.

I'm over the Eric/Jen-Jen near misses. It was funny/cute once, but the repetitiveness is boring.

This was a much better episode than the previous few. I'm glad that Will's interactions with Paul are becoming more sophisticated than the one-note flirtations. It looks like the whole storyline of John and the vial will involve several players, including veterans. It could turn out to be a great storyline if executed properly.

Jennifer and Eric's near-misses are indeed annoying, as RS said. Poop or get off the pot.

While I don't care for the ethics (or lack thereof) with the Lani and Val storyline, I do like that it's progressing and that Val is doing investigating. It's only natural she'd look out for her son. I just hope the truth is revealed sooner rather than later.

Jennifer and Eric's near-misses are indeed annoying, as RS said. Poop or get off the pot.
As a former teacher, I just wanted to take this opportunity to point out the importance of punctuation! If you switch the last comma and period you get an entirely different message. :rotfl:

As a former teacher, I just wanted to take this opportunity to point out the importance of punctuation! If you switch the last comma and period you get an entirely different message. :rotfl:

Lil0, when I first read it, because of my cataract-clouded eyesight, I thought it did read the way you suggested.

I did think this a better episode than yesterday, it seemed there was a bit of movement on some of the fronts. Paul overheard John, elicited some help from Will; Kayla got Steve to the doctor; Val confirmed her suspicions, even if she did it on the sly; Kayla also learned that that Lani changed her mind about telling JJ & Eli the truth....

It was not a good day for the liars of Salem.

Lyin' Roman: First, he was undone by the DiMeras actually having a security camera in their office and now Hope, Rafe, and the last of the red-hot lovers, Eli, won't give him the same free pass for lying that he gave Hope for murdering Stefano and Rafe for covering it up. As Roman might say, "What da hell?"

Duplicitous John: He's now on the way to being undone because he forgot a basic rule of Salem life: any conversation that you don't want overheard, will be overheard. (And couldn't he do any better than saying that the vial contained eyedrops?) Somewhere Stefano might be chuckling over the ineptitude of his old Pawn.

Fibbin' Lani: Did she really think that her "confidential" medical records would stay that way at University Hospital? She's been digging herself in deeper with each one of JJ's joyful remarks about being a baby daddy and now her dirty little secret has been found out by the last person she'd want to know about it.

Oddly enough I am starting to like Paul and this Will together. I kind of like the storyline of Will never regaining his memory and moving on with his life like John did. On that note, Eric and Jennifer are also growing on me as well. I think the doctor that Jennifer is dating might be involved in the Steve/John storyline.

Interesting they had Jen and Eric go to the police station to see Roman. Guess Carrie is going to end up coming back to Salem, seeing her parents back together in the way she hadn't expected LOL.

Lani looks like she is trapped in a corner now that Valerie decides to play Mama Bear and sneak off with her medical records. At the end of the day, I see Kayla getting furious with Valerie, while Valerie becomes upset with Lani.

I really hate Lani now, and, by extension, Head Writer Ron Carlivati. This could have been an original story that would make the brain-bending illogic of Lani's immaculately early positive test worthwhile. Instead it's a tired trope that's ruining every character.

Sonny the CEO taking advice from a suicidal jobless person ten years his junior (Salem time??)!?!?! Forget it.

I no longer care why Steve is being poisoned. This isn't moving quickly enough and I have no reason to believe anyone can compromise John Black.

Thanks, Poirot.

Did John and Steve become best friends when they started "Black Patch?"

Henry and Sonny know Lani is having a baby.

So, Val knows Lani lied when she got pregnant. What will she do now
because what she did was a big no-no?

Do only men live in Eli's bed and breakfast? Will, Eli, Paul, JJ, and Eric
live there, with occasional women visitors.

I'm glad JJ fixed his hair since we saw him yesterday.

While I don't care for the ethics (or lack thereof) with the Lani and Val storyline, I do like that it's progressing and that Val is doing investigating. It's only natural she'd look out for her son. I just hope the truth is revealed sooner rather than later.

Same here. I like how this story is branching out so far and Eli is much more tolerable with Val than he is with Gabi. I suspect this will ultimately cause issues for Abe and Val as well. I do wish that Abby were involved instead of Gabi. It would be nice to see her in protective sister mode--I don't think she and JJ have shared a scene since the suicide attempt.

I think the doctor that Jennifer is dating might be involved in the Steve/John storyline.

That's a really interesting idea and fits with my post in another thread about Ron throwing day players/guests under the bus. Similar to what he did with Raines.

I liked that we got a JJ/Sonny scene. That doesn't happen often. Since I never got my JJ/Joey scene, maybe I can get a JJ/Tripp scene too.

I did not like that Eric seemed to show no connection to his sister Carrie. When Jen told him the news, his first instinct should have been to call Carrie, not Kayla. Then later when Eli said they called "their daughter", Eric should have been the one to reply about his sister having to fly in from Switzerland, not Jen.

I hate how the show does some family connections really well (Sonny/JJ) and then immediately ruins it (Eric/Carrie).

Re Jen/Eric: Had they jumped into bed immediately, we'd all be complaining that it's rushed, just sex, and no romance. So while they may not be the ideal couple to me, I do like them and I'm ok with a slow burn for now as it will probably be resolved by Feb sweeps, maybe sooner if Eras' theory is correct.

While I liked the entry of Paul/Will into the poisoning story, I felt like something was missing between John's call and Paul talking to Will. Paul didn't overhear nearly as much as he told Will, at least not on camera.

Did John and Steve become best friends when they started "Black Patch?"
Well, of course they did. Steve needed a surrogate Bo, and John was the closest thing - tall, dark-haired, decent voice, likes wearing leather jackets. Hey, what can I say, Steve has a type.

Also, "the situation will be over soon"? That's not how one describes allergies John, and I think you know that. I'm sure Paul does, and that's probably why he left the water bottle behind, in case it was spiked when he wasn't looking. Kid's not dumb, John.

Have you ever been issued or purchased eye drops without the "dropper"? That would have been my first clue. They don't sell it in bulk. How stupid we are treated as an audience.

Maybe I am forgetting someone but Jennifer isn't the kind of girl who just rushes to bed with someone. She is pretty much the more virtuous one in Salem in that regard.

I don't think it was meant to "fool" the audience. It was an awkward attempt on John's part at explaining what was in the vial. John told Paul they were homeopathic eye drops. But yeah, John should've used a better excuse as there was no dropper in the vial.

Back