Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 31, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The gang in Prague are all together, trying to figure out how to lure Stefano out of hiding, and using Marlena as bait. Paul protests, doesn't think it a good idea, is going to call his dad. Marlena talks to him privately, convincing him she will be o.k., don't call John as he will insist on coming and protecting her himself, and want to join in bringing down Stefano. She figures Paul will protect her. Rafe had an idea about what would draw Stefano out, so leaves, returning with a flyer for a music festival, which culminates with a masquerade ball. He got the guest list, via ISA, Rudolfo Meradi was on the list, one of Stef's aliases. However invites have gone out, so their problem now is how to get in.

Later, on a dark street, a young man is walking, stops as a dark figure approaches him. He pulls and envelope from an inside pocket, "here is your invitation to the ball, Mr. Meradi". A gloved hand takes the sealed envelope, holding it up so we see the seal.

Eric is tucking an afghan around Hope, who barely opens her eyes. She has come to, is really not feeling all that much better. Eric thinks perhaps she has septic shock, is leaving to go get more meds, he is almost out, and he wants to see his dad. While he is gone, she looks at the pic of her, Shawn & Ciara, hears Ciara's voice, struggles out of bed to go to her.

Ciara has run into Shawn, is frantic over Lt. Raines edict to use excessive force to apprehend Hope. Shawn calms her down, has to leave. Along comes Claire, all bubbling at the idea one of her followers had who wrote a note saying she should star in a movie about her grandmother, The Outlaw. Ciara reams Claire out, her mom is in extreme danger, & Claire can only talk of a movie? Claire seems contrite, apologizes, of course is worried about gramma, she is sorry.

Jennifer is at the hospital to interview Seth Burns, Julie comes hurrying up, giving Jen a hard time about the piece she wrote in the Spectator about Hope. Actually, it was a good piece, citing all the good things Hope has done for various people, for the town of Salem, but Julie thinks jen should have talked to the family first. In the background, we see Eric, in Salem's favorite disguise, the baseball cap, pulled down, who is listening as Julie wails about not know where Hope is, if she is o.k., how upset Doug is. Along comes Shawn, who lets them all in on the e-mail he got from his mother (the one Eric sent) which relieves all their minds. Eric goes off on his errand.

Shawn leaves, as does Julie, giving Anne the opportunity to approach Jennifer with some papers she has to sign, so Adrienne can do something or other. Thus, Jen learns Adrienne had hired Anne, with a big assist from Lucas, and Jen about has a fit. No, no, no. She & Anne argue, Jen throws a bunch of insults out, tries calling Adrienne, Julie returns. She calms Jen down, doesn't know Anne, but Adrienne must have had good reason. Jen settles down, decides to accept the situation, signs the papers, Anne grins, Jen takes off, running smack dab into Eric.

While the above was going on, Eric managed to distract the nurse who had a drug cart, went into a room, leaving the key behind, Eric opens the cabinet door, takes out a couple bottles of pills, locks up, key back on cart. Leaves. Nurse comes out, looking worried, but smiles when she sees the key on the cart.

Jen is shocked to see Eric, who tells her he has been released from prison, but don't tell anyone. He is going to see his dad, then will be taking off, no she won't see him again. He caresses her cheek, then leaves. Julie returns, Jen is a bit frazzled, mentions seeing someone she had not seen in a long time, ...then trails off. Never mind. She hurries off.

Ciara comes home, thinking apt. is empty, Theo comes out, big towel around the waist, should have put clothes on, but did not think anyone there. Ciara is upset, Theo already heard, called his dad to see if he could work on Lt. Raines. Ciara thanks him, Hug. Claire opens the door, sees the two in the hug, pulls the door shut, stays in the hall. One can see she is jealous. Ciara thanks Theo for being supportive, goes to study, Theo to get dressed. Claire comes in, Theo comes out, she acts surprised, did not think anyone home. He suggests she go talk to Ciara, but Claire puts on a sad face, already tried earlier, no luck. then claims she is all worried and upset about her gramma, too. Loves her so much. Theo hugs her, she smiles over his shoulder. He suggests going out for hot chocolate, she would love that. They leave, Ciara comes out, calling for Theo, but..no answer.

Hope is outside (no snow???) still hearing Ciara calling for her. She is stumbling around in the brush. Lt. Raines and some other cops are nearby, flashlights, looking around. Shawn arrives, Raines doesn't want him there, Shawn won't be dissuaded, especially when Raines refuses to rescind the excessive force order.Eric has returned home, sees Hope is gone, dashes out. Hope is mumbling to herself, hears Shawn's voice, is about to call out to him, when a hand covers her mouth, and Eric mutters...not a word. She tells him Shawn is there, Ciara, too, then passes out. He carries her back to the house, puts her back on the bed, makes her take the pills.

Over in Prague, the gang figures they have hit on the way to get to Stefano. He figures he has destroyed Hope, and tho Marlena is his Queen of the Night, he would not miss the chance to destroy her as well. Marlena notes that for 30 years, he has terrorized them all, used them, tossed them away.

So now, Marlena says, let the games begin.

As always, thanks Poirot. As I read the summary I keep wondering if watching the show made you giggle as much as I did today.

Salem is definitely not safe with hospital med rooms/cabinets so easily broken into. And keys available while nurses watch and smile.:clap:

Anyone in a baseball cap. Cops who can't hear you mumble when semi-comatose and lying nearby.:clap:

Marlena and any crew thinking they can track, outwit and/or outplayed Stefano Dimera. :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find confusing is Stefano's medical condition. When he left Salem, he had been in a wheelchair and unable to walk without assistance since his stroke.

In Prague, he is out and about, running down streets and now about to dance at a ball.

Or at least the guy who they think he is.

The most surprising part of today's show is that Claire actually acknowledged that Hope is her grandma! Last week she referred to her as Ciara's mother. Hate that the writers always miss the connections of so many character's relationships, past or present.

Unless Jennifer and Adrienne have an agreement that either/both of them can hire someone without permission from the other, Adrienne should not have hired Anne. I hope Jennifer cans her nosy butt. (Yes, I know. DA PLOT! DA PLOT!)

I was happy that Ciara and Claire acknowledged their family connection during their chat but that was very quickly negated by Julie telling Jennifer that she should have consulted with Hope's family first in the very next scene. Yes the rest of their conversation went fine but that line never should have made it to the final script. Inexcusable.

I also found it weird when Julie referred to Doug as Doug instead of "your grandfather" when she was talking to Shawn.

Nice to see Shawn prominently involved with Hope's story today. I wish he had asked Lt Raines for his job back.

Jen and Anne will be fun. I also think Julie and Anne may be fun to watch.

I think we need to prepare ourselves for round 2 of Jennifer and Eric. I don't think it will be permanent but seems to be inevitable.

The Prague dynamic definitely has changed. Today they were all working as more of a team rather than Rafe being the leader. And it was good that they all had dialogue as well.

I don't think the man at the end was really Stefano. Partly because no wheelchair and partly because no phoenix ring. Could it be Andre? Or even Tony?

I wonder if Eric will contact Shawn again. Since the show has made it a point of not putting him on the force, I could see them having him know about Hope but not telling anyone.

Several common features of Salem life were on ample display today.

Stefano phobia: Let's catch the the Phoenix, but oops, he's sooo dangerous.

Name-calling: Victor just got done piling it on Chloe and today members of the Prague Squad called Stefano a madman, a maniac, a megalomanic, and delusional, Theo wouldn't like people talking about his Nono this way.

Improbable disguises: Sourpuss Eric, cleverly disguised with a cap, was able to prowl around the hospital without being recognized by anyone but Jenny. It would have been a good scene if the nurse whose key he stole said, "Hey, I know you. You're that priest from the sex tape."

Salem P.D. incompetence: Lt. Raines may want to improve the Salem P.D. and end in-crowd favoritism, but the ex-priest/ex-con was able to slip in and snatch Hope from under his search team's very noses.

Jenny's self-righteousness: The queen of all no-show employees squawking about Anne Milbauer, probably the only woman in Salem history who actually showed up for work on a regular basis. If Lucas had heard this, he probably would have had the same pained expression on his face as he did when Kate or Sami was spouting some nonsense.

Innocent embraces observed by those who may draw the wrong conclusions: Yesterday, it was Deimos walking in on Nicole and Brady and today it was brat-girl Claire seeing Theo and Teen Ciara.

Thanks for the write-up. It was kind of a bland show, though not horrible by any means. I found the Jennifer-Anne stuff quite entertaining. It's been SO long since we've them together. Hopefully funny Anne sticks around and mean Anne is a thing of the past. I also thought it was weird how Julie was acting to Jennifer. She needs to chill out and ask Rory for a donut.

Hope has been sick too long, and ditto for the Prague gang being there with nothing being accomplished. As if it weren't bad enough that they have a set for what could've been a location shoot, the storyline has fallen flat. One good thing to say about it is that the vets are getting a lot of airtime. Oh, and I guess Rafe was less annoying today.

The teens are meh, once more. Pitiful filler material that I would've fast-forwarded if I taped the episode.

When I saw Eric skulking around the hospital I assumed that he baseball cap would render him unrecognizable just as Clark Kent's glasses do for Superman. But Jennifer knew who he was immediately. Curious. Maybe he should have pulled the bill down over his eyes? Yeah I bet that's it, because it seemed like such a foolproof disguise.

Lots of Horton/Brady interaction which was nice to see. One good thing about this endless Hope Killing Stafano/going to prison/breaking out/hiding with Eric mess is that we're getting some nice brother and sister interaction between Shawn and Ciara. I like those scenes. It was nice to hear Claire say "Grandma Hope" but that was kind of negated by Claire using the situation to play on Theo's sympathies. I didn't like that at all, no sir. :angry: I'm glad Ciara didn't witness that.

The line of the day in my opinion goes to Julie:

Julie: *talking to Jennifer about Anne* Is she smart? Is she efficient? Or does she just have naturally curly hair?

Amazing how much the Prague hotel lobby at the end of the show looked like the entry as the DiMera mansion. Or was it the entry in Kate's bed and breakfast?

The people in Salem need to get refresher courses about their jobs. Nurse Jackie left
the drug keys on the top of the medicine cart. She was so relieved when she found
the keys there.

Claire is getting more annoying everyday. I laughed when she talked to Ciara
about playing herself in grandma outlaw movie. i wonder what Shawn would
have said if he heard that.

I laughed when Jen asked Eric if he escaped from prison too. I was surprised
how she talked about him later. I thought they were only pals when they were
drinking and drugging.

It looked like Julie had to stop herself from laughing when Shawn told them
Raines
was going all out to find Hope because it made the Salem PD look incompetent
she wasn't found yet. Raines works there doesn't he know yet the Salem PD is :)

I'm glad Shawn told Julie and Jen he got an email from his mom. Since he
sent a copy to Julie for Doug to see it, will someone figure out where Hope is?

Back