Days of Our Lives - Tues., Jan. 31, 2017

Hope said, "hey Eric, I thought you didn't want anyone in Salem to know you are out of prison?" Eric said, "I'll be discreet. Besides, I have a baseball hat!" (OK yes I added the last part)

I like how Paul treats Marlena so well. He's a respectful stepson.

Today felt like it was heavily edited. The transitions were too abrupt. I was halfway expecting John to surprise us and walk in. Lots of John and Bo mentions too.

I'm going to need to see a Spectator office set soon. I'll give them a pass today because it kind of made sense but I need to see actual people working in an office.

Agreed...I have always hated how everyone seems to work only using a cell phone. But running a newspaper from home? No, no, that doesn't fly. Guess we are lucky we see the police station, though no one is kept in a cell any more, all get to stay in an office or the interogation room.

Hope had a cell. It was where Sheila and Coco stabbed her a few weeks ago.

I don't understand why they can't just take the Salem PD set and really redress it (not Prague redress it) as a Spectator set.

Eric stole the nurse's keys and unlocked the medicine cabinet from the bottom. When he opened the cabinet door, there was a keypad at the top. I'm assuming this was for entering a code to open the door. Does the key override the keypad and why would antibiotics be locked away with two locks like that? I guess the keypad wasn't working, lol. In my experience, only narcotics are kept doubly secured.

I know that Days can't afford someone to advise them about police procedure, but they should seriously do a little homework, or go to a police discussion board and get some advise from them. Say something like - I write of a TV show, or I'm writing a book, and I can't afford to hire someone to advise me about procedure, but I want to make sure I get things right, can you help me? They'd have cops falling all over themselves to help them out. All the cops I know are tired of seeing their profession portrayed so inaccurately in movies and TV. Today was awful.

Raines couldn't authorize "excessive force," because excessive force is force that goes beyond what is needed to gain control of, or remain in control of, a situation. Excessive force is illegal.

Then later, Theo said that he'd heard force was authorized. Well, use of force is always authorized. The use of force continuum is starts with officer presence, then verbal commands, empty-hand control, less lethal force, and finally lethal force. https://www.nij.gov/topics/law-enforcement/officer-safety/use-of-force/Pages/continuum.aspx

A police lieutenant would not tell his/her officers that lethal force is authorized, nor would the order to "shoot to kill" ever be given. Lethal force is a case by case basis thing, and the officer involved makes the call, based on training, and a variety of other factors. The biggest one is does the suspect pose an serious threat to the officer or others? And yes, even when the suspect is unarmed, the situation may merit use of lethal force.

A person, using just their hands and feet can seriously injure or kill another person. Officers do not shoot to kill, they shoot to stop the threat. Sometimes that results in death, but often not. Hope is a cop, so she has some training in hand to hand combat, and should have many years of experience with it. This would make her dangerous. However, casual observation would reveal that she is ill and weak, so would not be as much of a threat.

Sorry about the lecture, but today's show drove me absolutely nuts with it's lack of basic knowledge.

Back