Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 1, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of our Lives
Tuesday, July 1, 2014

At last it is here, the wedding of Sami & EJ. A rather fun show, had me laughing out loud in places. Abby is the DiMera garden, making sure all the arrangements are done, with Harold helping, and seeing to it all goes well. EJ comes along, Abby stiffens, as usual. Harold goes to check on the music, Abby tells EJ in no uncertain terms that after today, she never wants to see him again. Ben arrives, EJ thanks him for coming, and leaves the garden. He calls someone to make sure everything is still good for the board meeting.

Meanwhile Sami is in Horton Square for some reason, runs into Lucas, Allie, & Ciara. Lucas has just bought new shoes for Allie, Ciara wants to be flower girl for Sami, as she was cheated out of Kristen/Brady's wedding, then Will & Sonny had no flower girl. Awkward moment, Allie pipes up that she told her already Sydney was flower girl. Allie & Ciara go off to look in the shoe store window, Lucas talks to Sami about Allie wanting him to come to the wedding, and though he doesn't want to, Allie reminded him that he wants Sami to be happy. He asks her is she is, you can see her trying to keep her cool, as she replies, what she is is late, has to go get dressed etc. He wishes her well, kisses her on the cheek, will bring Allie.

Jen is home, fuming over the agreement papers, telling herself she is not going to let Eve win, and assuring Jack's picture she will do so. She changes clothes, hears someone by the door, opens it to find Daniel with a big box gift for JJ for graduation. She gushes, hugs him, Daniel pulls away. She is all eager for him to come to the graduation, and the party, but Daniel tells her no, he already put a note in his gift he has surgery, and lets Jen know that he really does not think there is anything left for them.

Earlier, Brady is on the phone, trying to remember a text he sent some client, saying he won't be in to work. Daniel is at the door, and knows Brady doesn't want to talk to his dad or Eric, but he hasn't seen him either. Well, seems Brady has crossed Daniel off his list as well. Doesn't need anyone being judgmental or telling him what he should do. Brady leaves, telling Daniel to show himself out.

Over at Theresa's, she continues to badmouth JJ to Eve, claiming he is a party boy, blah, blah. She calls Jen a few choice names, then regales Eve with her tale of how Jen, her slavemaster boss fired her, nearly getting her sent back to L.A. Eve is all ears, she thinks she & Theresa should join forces. Theresa goes to another room, to try and get hold of Brady, but he shows up at the door. Eve flirts with him, til Theresa returns, announcing Brady is her boyfriend, and introducing him to her much older sister, who was just leaving, because her daughter is graduating high school today. Eve is laughing as she leaves. In Horton Square, Eve calls someone, tells them to go ahead, set things in motion. She spots Daniel, and does a bit of flirting with him. He is on his way to the hospital, mentions probably getting her test results back, and they can schedule her surgery. She replies that when he gets rid of those nodes, & she is back to singing, she will dedicate her first song to him.

Theresa is badmouthing Eve to Brady, complaining about how her family compared her to Eve, eventually telling her she was worse, no wonder she could not wait to leave home. She sits sipping a drink, sharing it with Brady, warning him not to have anything to do with Eve.

Jennifer answers her door to find a process server handing her an envelope. She is being sued by Eve Baron for royalties due her.

Sami is getting ready, beautiful gown that is a bit too tight (just my opinion). She is looking in the mirror (looks gorgeous), pulling herself together, telling herself "you are not going to cry, no, you are not going to cry. She remembers the picture of Abby & EJ, imagines them kissing, and is having a hard time pulling herself together. Abby's arrival makes her jump, they chat a bit. Abby sees a paper that says "my vows", which Sami has her read, Abby declaring them beautiful. Sami says she wrote them when EJ and she first got engaged, how she felt then about them spending the rest of their lives together. Sami is almost breaking down, but doesn't, Abby thinks they had better get going, asks about the poem she has to read. Sami brushes it all aside, it's short, really nothing, and Abe will hand it to you.

Rafe is at Will & Sonny's, visiting Arianna, they talk of the upcoming wedding. Sonny goes to take a shower, Will explains about being best man, letting Rafe know that when he was married to his mom and they all lived together, best time in his life. His family all wishes Sami had stayed married to Rafe. Rafe shrugs, it is what it is. Maybe EJ will make Sami happy. He leaves, but out in the hall, mutters something like "not a chance". He was called to the station, where an FBI agent has an important case for him, dumps a huge number of files on Rafe's desk. Rafe is puzzled, tax evasion?? The FBI man (Hodges) notes it is how they finally nailed Capone, and relates how this info was given to them just this morning. Rafe looks it over, is not too sure about tax laws. Hodges lets him know that this info could put the guy behind bars for 10 years. He then explains he has heard about Rafe, and thought he might want to be the one to put the cuffs on EJ DiMera.

In the study, Abe & Theo have arrived, as has Will & Sonny, Lucas & Allie, and along with Ben, and EJ, they all move out to the garden. Sydney, looking adorable, scatters flower petals, EJ then sits her on a chair. Abby comes next, and then Sami. EJ nods at Johnny, who runs up to his mommy, offering his arm because "she has to have someone walk her down the aisle. Sami is choked up, kisses him.

Abe begins the ceremony, Will reads a passage from the Bible, from Corinthians, about love. Then Abby is given the poem, which IS short, but also about love, mentioning within how it is never deceiving. (love the expressions on Sami's face). Now Abe does the "if anyone here has just cause why these two people should not be joined together in holy matrimony" bit. An awkward silence, and finally Abe recites the vow for EJ , who says his I do. And now Abe says the same to Sami, but Sami has this hallucination, seeing EJ & Abby kissing, unable to keep their hands off each other, both in the clothes they are presently wearing. She sees herself, watching, with Abby smiling smugly at her as she wraps her arms around EJ, looking at the Sami vision. In the hallucination, Sami is breathing heavily, gasping, hyperventilating. In real time, Sami is standing, struggling with the words she is to say. EJ is smiling, but then looks concerned, as Sami is not responding.

I must possess a screencap of Sami looking at EJ/Abby in her fantasy.

Seriously, tax evasion!!!!?!?!?!?!? I hope EJ gets what's coming to him but oy!!!! Of the 68 crimes he's committed, that's what'll get him?

Abby was in top form today. She feels guilty and is trying to move on. I really didn't understand Sami's pre-wedding hair today.

I will again renew my objection to the idea that Kimberley would say, "You're just as bad as/worse than Eve" to her own daughter. And today Jeannie (loved Eve using her real name) Theresa said "parents," but wasn't Shane never around, per her earlier statements? Writers, if you're going to trash off-screen characters, please pick on NON-supercouples and their kids, and please be MILDLY consistent with your previous trashings.

Sami and Abby looked very nice at the wedding, everyone looked great. I like how there were empty chairs for full effect of how hated EJ/Sami are throughout Salem. Heck, without her kids and Lucas, it would have just been Theo, LOLOL.

Oh, poor Jen, crying over Daniel, getting sued by Eve. I'm still not interested in your plight.

Are they really torpedoing EJ/Sami or are they just throwing bones again?
th

Theresa bad mouthing JJ to Eve.:sick: Maybe JJ should show that piece of evidence against Theresa to Eve.:wink:
Glad that Dan did not let his issue with Jennifer stand in the way of his and JJ's friendship and he bought a graduation gift for him

I agree, sway. I really LOVED that Daniel still wants to maintain a friendship with JJ and let him know how proud he is of the way JJ has turned his life around. I never bought the idea that Daniel helped JJ out because of his love for Jen; I thought then, and I think Daniel's treatment of JJ since the breakup confirms, that Daniel's helping JJ was about Daniel wanting JJ to be able to turn his life around, not about sparing Jen's feelings about her son going to prison.

Seriously, tax evasion!!!!?!?!?!?!? I hope EJ gets what's coming to him but oy!!!! Of the 68 crimes he's committed, that's what'll get him?
Amen. With viewers hoping that Elvis would finally be nailed for looting Basic Black, the writers toss them state tax evasion? This is real drama. :sarcasm: EJ will be out on bail in a Salem minute and then could then trot out a small army of DiMera lawyers and accountants, meaning that this could drag on forever and then simply evaporate just like the time he was in trouble with the SEC over some malfeasance connected to his management of the ill-fated Mythic Corp. Presumably the real fireworks will come when EJ realizes who ratted him out to the state tax authorities. As for Jen Jen, she does seem beleaguered on all sides. Her main hope is that her enemies are totally dysfunctional and are likely to eventually have a serious falling out. Finally, kudos to Abigail the wedding planner. The DiMansion garden looked far better than it ever has, fooling the children in attendance into thinking they were at a "real" wedding, not something with more foul undercurrents than the Salem sewer system.

I am pretty sure it would be Federal Tax evasion as well, which is why an FBI man is who came to Rafe with the info. Lame excuse for the writers to get Rafe involved into lthis situation. Ha.

Meanwhile last week there was a Rafe/Sami moment, now today a Lucas/Sami moment? Are they really torpedoing EJ/Sami or are they just throwing bones again?
The writers could throw me a bone, and have this be Sami's dream from two years ago, and her fantasy about what would happen if she ended up with EJ instead of Rafe. At Nick and Gabi's first wedding when Chad outs Gabi, Sami thinks about what she wants to say to Gabi and Will, realizes everything depends on how she handles things, and then Sami (who had been very kind and helpful to Gabi up to that point) calmly talks to Gabi, reassuring her, telling her she made several mistakes when it came to her own children and their fathers, and she would hate to see Gabi make similar ones. Sami and Rafe get back together. EJ dies, goes to prison, goes to hell, whatever.

Why did the writers ruin great couples like Sami/Lucas and Sami/Rafe to put Sami with EJ? I hope Kate and Sami completely destroy Stefano and EJ.

The lack of guests at the wedding says it all. It was sweet that Johnny walked Sami down the aisle, and that Lucas was there for Allie, and Sami.

Jason, the writers love throwing bones to fan bases and we had several today :)

Ciara was funny asking to be flower girl. I wonder if she'll ever get to be one.

We have no idea how much Theresa told Eve. Did Theresa tell her that
Jen Jen likes Dr Dan?

I thought it cute Johnny walked his mother down the aisle.

And I wonder if EJ figured out something while Sami stood there.
I hope he did. Especially after we heard the poem Abby read.

Why did Sami refer to her own cousin as Ciara Brady as if she were a stranger's kid? :confused: I did love that scene though and then Ciara wasn't even at the wedding LOL.

LOVED Eve calling Jeannie Theresa "Jeannie". I wish she would do it permanently.

Tax evasion?!? :sick:

I liked Sami's dress but not the hair or makeup. Abigail looked all kinds of fabulous. And yes jealous EJ has indeed returned. I suspect he and Abigail will get together again once he finds out the truth about Sami.

I wasn't a big fan of Jen's dress but it was appropriate for a graduation and she looked very good in it.

Back