Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 12, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Wow, Chad is just mesmerizing today. Chad is asleep on the sofa, dreaming that Jennifer has come in, claiming Abigail is never coming home, she is dead, and that Chad killed her. He is yelling, No, No, No, wakes himself up. Jen comes in, he is frantic, Abby is not dead. Jen is agreeing, no she isn't. She begins talking of how upset he is, frazzled, Thomas can sense this, wants to take him with her for a few days. Chad gets very upset, absolutely not, he needs his son, he is his father, he will take care of him. Jen tries to point out that Thomas can sense Chad being so anxious, Chad gets really ticked, no way, Thomas stays here.He notes that she herself has to be worried about her daughter, is she better at covering it up? Jen only says she has seen her children through a lot, been a parent a much longer time. This does not set well with Chad at all. Eventually she leaves.

jen goes home, Doug & Julie are there, she explains about Chad, trying to reason with him. They all are worried. Doug says sometimes, in these kinds of situations one just has to get tough, and that perhaps Jen should get herself a good lawyer and sue for custody. Jen doesn't want to upset Chad, but he is not acting rationally, she is worried , after all, he is a DiMera. She is getting upset and confused herself, leaves to get some air, goes to the Pub, drinks some tea.

Doug & Julie talk of the elephant in the room, Jen's addiction. That Chad will get a good lawyer as well, it will come up.& though she has been clean for "months" now, it still considered recent.

Aiden & Hope arrive at her house, chit chat, he says let's have dinner, takes it back, doesn't want to push, (but he keeps doing so). She is all smiles, has to catch up with Ciara, and with work, but o.k. we can do dinner.

She goes to the station, Shawn is glad to see her, fills her in on Tate being kidnapped, and Abby escaping from Shady Hills. Oooh, she has to call Jen. Shawn has something serious to tell her about Aiden, they go in another room, but a cop comes to say someone may have spotted Tate, and Shawn gives her a brown envelope, read this...I am sorry. Hope does, jumps up, goes to Aiden's room, socks him in the jaw, down he goes, she rolls him over, handcuffs behind his back, saying Miranda rights. Aiden has no idea what is going on.

Replay of Rafe being knocked out, and there is Andre, grinning, chaining his hands together, lots of chains. He watches him, grabs some electronic device, pressing a button, beep, beep. He sits for a while, talks of how this place looks a lot like the the place where you and your cohort dumped my father, to rot, and you now are going to know exactly what that is like. And so will your cohort, she will die with you. He hears Rafe's cell beep, checks, it is Hope. Andre makes a few more snide, slimy remarks, then leaves.

Chad holds Thomas, decides to take him for a walk. They are in Horton Square, some woman sits down behind him, admires the adorable baby., says he is a good father, then asks where the mother is. Chad cannot answer, is upset, she apologizes as he only says he is running late, has to go. He leaves, is drinking water, is almost hyperventilting, takes Thomas home. He apologizes to the baby, then sets him on his lap, but has flashbacks of Jen's arguing with him about care of Thomas. He talks to his son, kisses him.

Rafe comes to, sees himself all chained up, struggles, yells for help. Andre is watching him on a video monitor, grinning from ear to ear as he sips a glass of wine. Rafe eventually stops struggling, is looking around him, and suddenly spots the bomb timer!

Someone has called Chad, no trace of Abby. He orders them to widen the search, doesn't care how much extra money, or extra men are needed.

Jen returns home, tells Doug & Julie she made a decision. She calls Chad, who says they have said evrything to each other already, nothing more to say. Jen is sorry to hear that, and since that is how he feels, she is contacting her lawyer, and will be suing him for custody. Chad takes his phone away from his ear, and looks up.

Hey Hope, how about calling Ciara AND Shawn?! You know your OTHER child. I guess I should be happy that she mentioned calling Jen though.

Shocked that we've had Jen and Shawn on for 2 days straight though Shawn was very brief.

Billy Flynn (Chad) is the rare performer who can carry a scene with nobody else in them. He was phenomenal today. I'm torn about the Jen-Chad custody thing. I think both are right and both are wrong. Curious to see where this goes.

I liked seeing the on-screen text of the lab reports when Hope was reading them. I also liked that they showed the bomb timer. Though the pacing of Rafe's story is way off. Didn't we see Andre with Chad yesterday? This is the problem when you don't follow up on cliffhangers.
Doug and Julie are too cute for words!! :love::love:

Thank you, Poirot.

Oh Lordy, may I please knock the ever loving snot out of Jennifer? How dare she think she should be raising Thomas.

Woohoohoo! Can't wait to see Hope take down Aiden.

Grrrr. Andre better not hurt Rafe. Wait. What is that sound? Is that Hope "Dudley Doright" to the rescue? We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

dudley_doright.jpg

For you younger folks, Dudley Doright of the Canadian Mounties was a character on the old Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. He always bumbled things while saving Nell from the villain, Snidely Whiplash. It was actually a send up of the silent movies where the sweet young girl always gets tied to the railroad tracks or tied up next to a bomb.

Last edited:
Well, Queen Jennifer irked the dickens out of me before, but today she pushed me closer to the brink of busting a blood vessel. What's with the whole holier than though "I'm a better mother" bull?? When did that happen? She shipped her kids off to boarding schools and wherever, now she proclaims to be better for Thomas!!! Then to top it off, Doug chimed in with suing for custody.

Chad is really trying but needs help, (and I don't mean Ciara) that's a given, but to add a custody battle to all he is dealing with is just cruel, mean, hateful, and selfish on Jennifer, Doug, and Julie's part. I would want my grandchild safe too, but come on now Jennifer, this is over the top.

Just stay close and offer help, keep an eye on things. Aside from being worried sick, he hasn't shown one sign of being incompetent. Don't rip the only link to the wife he desperately loves from him just because you feel you're superior. OH MY GOSH, I am so peeved at this stupid plot.

Last edited by a moderator:
If jen wanted to help or was worried about Thomas, why not go over every single day, and "help".

And let's just say Abby was found while a suit was going on. What would she say to her mother? How DARE you try and take Thomas away from his father AND ME! Because if Jen got custody, Abby would not have her son if she was back......right?

While I have not today's episode, TobyJ, I feel the same way and have expressed how Jennifer and JJ are mistreating Chad, do not recognize that he is not your typical DiMera, and they really do not have any reason to dislike him since his return from Boston. Give Chad a break........he wears his heart on his sleeve and is constantly portrayed by the "good" people of Salem for his father's crimes, brother's crimes and sister's crimes. So dumb and poorly written.

I wish my nasty cigarette addiction was as easily broken as Jen's addiction to pain killers. "I'm an addict.......now I'm not. Phew......that was a hard habit to break". :sarcasm:

This whole custody thing is dumb. No judge would remove a child from his loving, caring, capable father and hand him to his recently clean grandmother. Chad spends lots of time with Thomas, has provided for his care professionally (ok, let's ignore that Ciara is an idiot teenager for the moment, so far she's been capable of caring for Thomas).

There's no good reason to remove him from Chad's care. If Chad WASN'T upset about his mentally ill, missing wife, it'd be suspicious in my opinion. A reasonable judge would rule that it'd be in the child's best interest to not lose contact with his remaining parent.

Well, Queen Jennifer irked the dickens out of me before, but today she pushed me closer to the brink of busting a blood vessel. What's with the whole holier than though "I'm a better mother" bull?? When did that happen? She shipped her kids off to boarding schools and wherever, now she proclaims to be better for Thomas!!! Then to top it off, Doug chimed in with suing for custody.
Couldn't agree more. All ranting Jenny is doing is making a bad situation worse and/or pouring gasoline on a fire. And Doug and Julie should have known better than to encourage her. It's surprising that by now their b/s antennas can't filter out Jenny's hyperbolic nonsense. If only Eve would return or Jeannie T. would renew her private war with the hospital's leading no-show employee. Maybe then darling Jen Jen would be too busy fighting other battles to have time to harass poor Chad.

Postscript to my earlier post about the awful Jenny: Where does she get off telling Doug and Julie that Chad is unstable?? She barged into the DiMansion to harass an already worried father and husband and then sends his stress levels off the charts with her "request" to take Thomas and then has the nerve to criticize his emotional state. :angry:Even Stefano might gag over that little move. Jen Jen had best watch out. When Teen Nanny Ciara hears about this, Jenny may find herself on the receiving end of a barrage of invective that will top anything she herself ever directed at Eve, Jeannie T., Anne Milbauer, or the teen delinquent version of JJ.

I loved the scenes with Doug and Julie when they were by themselves. You could
tell the actors were having fun.

Why oh why did Doug have to mention getting custody of Thomas to Jennifer? Why
can't Jennifer stay at the mansion and take care of Thomas. Then Ciara can
move out.

Great scenes with Chad. I enjoyed the last scenes with Chad and Thomas at the
mansion when Thomas kept looking around. I laughed when Chad said honky-dory

Did Hope find her cell phone or was she calling everyone from a landline? The last
time we saw her phone Aiden stuck it in his suitcase.

Hope needs to wear better jewelry when she's working. Her earrings are long for
her job. A suspect could grab one and pull it out.... OUCH

And Doug and Julie should have known better than to encourage her.
Did anyone take the opportunity to point out to Mr Douglas (aka Mr Williams) that had Tom and Alice taken the same tack, he'd have been deprived of the pleasure of raising the future murderess and brainwashed art forger, Hope Williams Brady?

I have no words for the Hope/Rafe/Aiden/André stuff. I need to be surprised though. Perhaps the death of Rafe and Hope? That would explain why Aiden was brought back and further ruined...to set him up for redemption with another woman.

Did anyone take the opportunity to point out to Mr Douglas (aka Mr Williams) that had Tom and Alice taken the same tack, he'd have been deprived of the pleasure of raising the future murderess and brainwashed art forger, Hope Williams Brady?

Jason,
Tom and Alice did take Hope in to raise after Addie was killed. According to the character profile for Hope:

"On December 24, 1974, while crossing the street, an oncoming car careens towards Hope and Addie, but Addie pushes Hope's baby-carriage out of the way, just in time to save her baby daughter, but not herself. Addie dies, and Hope is taken in by her maternal grandparents, Tom and Alice Horton, until Doug is strong enough to take care of her."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Williams_Brady

I think Jennifer's approach is all wrong, but Chad is overwrought and it's upsetting the baby at this time. He does need help right now with Thomas, and I don't mean the teenage babysitter. Chad and Jennifer should work together where she can help him out temporarily, as Tom and Alice did with Doug for Hope, but not go after permanent custody.

First we had overwrought Abby who could not calm down Thomas, but Chad could. Now we have overwrought Chad who can't calm him, but Ciara can. Jenny probably can't since she usually has veins sticking out. Chad was not raised a DiMera (I know I am repeating what many have acknowledged) yet his house and name are a problem?? He kicked Andre to the curb. We know this is a cat and mouse dance with Chad and Andre.

Are Julie and Doug the only happy couple (I guess John and Marlena as well)?? If you average the ages of those four actors - it's over 70. There is so little romance and happiness because the are so heavy handed on the "dark" side of everything and everyone. There is no smiling - not for real - most of the time. The whole Hope smiling at Aiden didn't ring true to me. Felt she was trying to get into his head.

Everyone seems to be crying or ticked off. Everyday more of the same. The only actor I enjoy watching right now is Chad. I was such a Jack and Jennifer fan but I don't recognize Jennifer anymore. She was sweet and caring. Now she wrings her hands, harps, and says not to say things about her baby. I am a parent and I got it when she said to Chad, thank you for at least acknowledging that I am concerned for my daughter. She also is right on about raising children. She did a good job. Their mistakes are not a reflection of her parenting. She was a good mother. (Although I never understood her sending her kids to boarding school). But again, I digress.

I, too, have wondered who has a job nowadays to support their "habits" and livelihood. Katie conducts all her business over the phone. To be honest, other than the police, I think Theresa was the only person actually working. Everybody else makes calls to their people. Even Kayla hasn't been doctoring.

Last edited:
Many Salem kids were sent out of town for one reason or another. Hope and Jennifer were away at boarding school. Sami and Eric were sent to Grandma and Grandpa Evans for safety. Will was shipped off to Switzerland to be with Aunt Carrie and Uncle Austin. Scotty went to be with his mother.

Back