Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 12, 2016

Yep, easier to send them away instead of hiring actors to play their roles, or always pretending they were somewhere.

I agree that Chad needs help with Thomas, but on occasion. Maybe one overnight, then a few hours here & there or better yet, come over and take him to the park etc. This suing for custody is ridiculous.

I don't think Jen needs to move into the DiMansion nor would she want to. When she was married to Peter, he moved into her house which is now Hope's house. But I agree she can still be a regular presence in Thomas' life. Perhaps Doug and Julie can as well.

Though I would like to see Doug and Julie advising Hope as well. She is way too isolated right now. The fact that we got a Shawn scene and a Jen mention was shocking.

Edited to add: I lost half my post lol.

Kat, Hope's heels bother me more than her jewelry. I get why she is in them but they are not job appropriate at all. The actress actually looks like she is in pain sometimes too. But she really should be in flats or a lower heel wedge for police work.

Brady also briefly went to boarding school before he was SORASed. It was part of the contrived plot as to why he hated Marlena at the time.

Last edited:
Here's my take: Jen isn't thinking clearly because she is a panicked and worried mom. She is also in recovery, having just started down that path (I guess the start of a second month could be considered "months", but that's being very loose with the definition unless they're playing the time warp game again), and is susceptible to suggestions.

She has always trusted Doug and Julie, and I know there are prejudices over the DiMera family (who can blame them), but I think it's just irresponsible of Doug to suggest that Jen take on the additional stress of a court situation over custody in the state of mind that she's in. So, while Jen ultimately agreed with the decision, I think the blame for all of this lies squarely with Doug and Julie.

Plenty of people raise children who have never been parents before. And yes, we all have to worry about Thomas, but taking him away from his father really doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the child.

And any parent, was an inexperienced one with their first child, and that includes Jennifer with her first child, Abigail. And how many times have we heard of aunts, uncles, best friends, single ones, who took over the care of a child, no matter how old, never having been a parent.

Just an aside, but last night, a contestant on America's Got Talent told of his aunt, a single woman, no children, who took over the care of him & his sister, two young teens, after his mother was murdered and their father went to prison. The aunt said that she lost her sister, but was given the best gift she had ever received. So again, no experience at all, but those kids loved that aunt with all their hearts, she did well.They are grown up adults, who would not trade that aunt for anyone, and would do anything for her.

So Jennifer needs to, right now, lay off the custody threats, & remember that Chad loves his son, who has no mother in his life right now, so why take away his father as well.

I agree, Doug's "suggestion" was out of line, even Julie was shocked.

I just now got around to watching this episode. It was interrupted halfway through for the coverage of the memorial in Dallas for the police officers. I don't mind an interruption for this occasion, but it does appear I missed the best part of the show. I was looking forward to seeing Hope handcuff Aiden. I am so ready to see him taken down.

I didn't care for the first part of the episode. It was painful for me to watch Jennifer and Chad, and then what followed with Doug and Julie. I don't see that Chad has gone off the deep end, though he is very stressed. It seemed extreme and unwise of Doug to encourage (push) Jennifer to go for custody, when he hasn't even observed Chad at all himself. He's going solely on Jennifer's assessment, which in my opinion isn't an accurate one.

Back