Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 15, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Replay of Theresa arguing with John, him turning his back on her, as she leaps after him and he brushes her off to tend to Brady, When she lands on the floor, her hand is touching the poker, she takes it, gets up, whacks John on the back of the head, sending him sprawling. She is horrified at herself, but is a very quick thinker. Brady seems to be coming to, she gets a hankie or tissue from her purse, wipes off her fingerprints, and puts the poker in Brady's right hand. He sort of comes to, gets up, drops the poker ,doesn't notice John on the floor, as he staggers across it, and now passes out on the floor himself. Quick thinking Theresa, grabs the poker, again wiping her fingerprints, and putting it in Brady's hand, then she drags John around so he is lying next to Brady, goes to the doorway, shouting, no, no, John, stop it. Henderson is heard shouting what is going on. Theresa rushes over to John, gets his phone to delete the recording, as Henderson comes rushing in. She gives him the phone, call 911, then is checking on John, cannot find a pulse, is he breathing, etc. Paramedics and EMTs arrive, along with Abe. She tells them that Brady is just drunk, John is the injured one.
She appears all scared, tells Abe John came over, was arguing with Brady, she left to give them privacy. and when she returned, they were fighting, Brady hit John with the poker.
John is on the gurney, being taken out, while Abe and another guy are helping Brady stumble out. Theresa & Henderson follow.

At the Horton house, Abby is insisting that Jen & JJ tell her what is going on with Eve. They try putting her off, but finally Jen tells her all that has happened. Jen says that they are to do nothing, the lawyers will handle it all. Abby has to leave, take care of something. JJ talks with his mom, is pretty angry about Sami coming over there, and is about to leave to find her, tell her off, but Jen stops him. Too much has gone on, just leave Sami be, this is Abby's predicament, we all need to just support each other, etc. She is proud of him for wanting to defend his sis, same as his dad would have done, but just stay out of it. Hugs.

Sami is arguing with Eric, who is trying to make her give up the revenge plan. She is not about to do so, says he was a priest, she understands his position, but she is not, and never will be the one to sit by and not seek it. She now asks if he learned that EJ knew what Kristen was up to with Eric, would he not be seeking revenge. Eric is shocked, as he realizes that not only did EJ know, but Sami as well, and did not tell him. She says she only suspected, figured it out. Eric still cannot believe she did not tell him, that she went and married EJ anyway. But Sami is not done yet, and she had to be married to EJ in order to be able to do it. No one can talk her out of it, ever. She stalks off.

In the square, Eve happens upon Daniel, who is on the phone with Parker, talking of Nancy & Craig, having fun with his mommy, and will be seeing him soon. Eve listens in, and joins Daniel when he hangs up, gushes over his care about his son, complaining of shopping alone, her feet killing her, excuse to sit down. She needs a drink, but Daniel begs off, is on call. She orders wine, he gets coffee, she flirts, they talk of her and Theresa being so different, he gets a call, has to rush off. She reminds him this does not take the place of them having a drink together sometime. He rushes off, she downs her drink, is leaving when Abby stops her, proceeds to read her a riot act about the suit, being greedy, etc. etc.

At the club, Ben is polishing a little wooden keepsake box he made, Tad figures he made it for Abby, teases him a bit. Sami arrives, wants to talk to Ben who tries to beg off since he is working, but she claims it so important. Tad covers for Ben as he sits with Sami, who is all sugar and spice as she apologizes for what he witnessed at her wedding, how she only wanted Abby to have a date, he is such a nice guy, blah, blah. And then, still all sweetness & sugar, but with lower lip quivering, she starts talking of how her friend Abby betrayed her, slept with her husband. Oh, she puts on a good show. Ben doesn't believe it, can't be. Sami stands up, says it truly is, she has proof. However, it is rather graphic, so she would rather not show him. And she leaves, smirking so he cannot see her. Ben is taken aback, resumes work, is a bit distracted. Tad tells him whatever is bothering him will soon be o.k., as he looks towards the door. Abby has just come in.

JJ runs into Eve in the square, but she is in no mood. JJ actually is pretty nice, but lets her know that he thinks she is the aggressor with his family. She denies this, but he asks who had her process server at the Horton door just before graduation. That shuts Eve up. JJ knows she just loves pushing his mother's buttons, but also says he is the one that really wants a truce, and she knows why. And if she pursues this, there will be a lot of people hurt, and he doesn't think she wants that.

At the hospital, John is in surgery, Daniel worried, intercranial bleeding, surgery needed.
In a hospital room, Brady lies in bed as a nurse is inserting an IV. A male medical person tells Theresa they are flushing the alcohol out of his system. Abe talks to Henderson about what happened, but he really doesn't know. Then Abe comes into Brady's room, wants to talk to Theresa again, she tells him basically the same story as before. Brady is coming to, hears them talk about his dad, groggily wants to know what is going on. When he realizes that John is hurt, & he is responsible, he rips out his IV, and goes storming out to see how his father is.
In surgery, John flatlines, Daniel works on bringing him back. Outside, Brady has been impatiently waiting, as Daniel comes out. Brady asks, "how is he? did I kill him?"

Eric, you were going to marry Nicole, the woman who stole Sami’s baby. If Sami wants to get revenge on EJ, let her. Besides, you can’t stop her.

JJ was going to tell off Sami?,First, JJ, Sami was the wronged party, she has a right to be angry. Secondly, you are no match for Sami. She is an excellent shot, can throw a punch, and will not hesitate to do so.

It’s amusing that so far, all Sami has done is tell the truth.

edited to enlarge font....JS

Hopefully John did not die but still in bad shape. If I could have reached through the TV screen I would have picked up that poker and hit Theresa over the head. Lying to save her sorry backside and putting the blame on Brady. She does not love him. And to think Caroline told her a week or so ago that she was nicer than Eve.:sick: Glad that JJ stood up to Eve and told her like it is. Sami's revenge with Abby is not over with.

You know what would have been a lot more scandalous and entertaining than Sami telling Ben (if that's his real name :rotfl:) about Abby - seeing Sami cozy up to an unknown random extra crying to them about how her best friend Abby slept with her husband.

Love was certainly in the air today. Sami, who claims to love her children, setting a fine example by blazing a trail of destruction across Salem. (Having heard Sami's plans, Eric should get on a horse and ride around Salem yelling the warning: "Sami is coming, Sami is coming.") Then there's Theresa who "loves" Brady so much that she'll let him take the rap for slamming John across the back of the head with a poker. Also on display was the irresistible urge of certain Salemites to tell people off. Fresh from being on the receiving end of Sami's rant, Abigail rushes off to confront Eve, a thoroughly pointless and possibly counterproductive act. Shining through this fog of nastiness was T graciously expressing condolences to Sami about EJ's arrest and JJ, the voice of reason, calmly laying out certain inconvenient facts for Eve. (Speaking of Eve, if she's so broke, what's she doing buying new shoes and shopping at Ciara's favorite jewelry store, Baron's?)

Thanks for the summary. Good show.
I actually wish JJ went to see Sami, he is tough and I think he could handle her. She may be "in the right" but she is the last person to be throwing stones.

I liked that Sami revealed the truth to Ben. Cannot wait for his reaction to Abby. I also liked Eric confronting her.
Do not care about the Theresa crap. I hate the character.
Nice to see the Eve scenes today, really good all around. I see great chemistry between her and the Good Dr.

. (Speaking of Eve, if she's so broke, what's she doing buying new shoes and shopping at Ciara's favorite jewelry store, Baron's.)

It's obviously owned by a relative, since she keeps going by the name Eve Baron, and said relative gives her stuff for free :sarcasm:

Seriously, though, Eve reminds me of my grandmother, for who appearances were everything and who insisted on buying clothes at the most expensive stores even if it meant being short money for other necessary purchases.

I am not sure how they would weave it in, but somehow it might be interesting if Rafe could stop Sami in her tracks a bit with the "pot calling the kettle black" kind of picture. If anyone could, he might be able to get the blinders off of her one track mind of revenge. Maybe not, but I'd like to think it would have some bit of influence on her obsession. Of course, there is no reason that he should even bother, but I still think it could be an interesting twist.

Sami had no business revealing the truth to Ben. He has not really even dated Abby. Sami was just her usual vindictive self, the smirks on her face as she pretended to Ben to be so nice and sweet as she exposed Abby & EJ's affair. She even intimated that it was going on just before the wedding, when it already had been long over.
When Eric tried to reason with Sami, mentioning her children, he said it, she cared about nothing really, except herself, and her revenge. And that was very apparent in her conversation. She whined at how she did not tell Eric that EJ knew beforehand what Kristen was going to do, but....oh, she loved EJ, and after all, .....yep, that old tired phrase actually came out of her mouth again "he's the father of two of my children". Wish Eric would have asked her if she cared about the father of her other two children at all in this mess?

It's obviously owned by a relative, since she keeps going by the name Eve Baron, and said relative gives her stuff for free :sarcasm:

That would have made for quite a scene. Eve waltzes into Baron's looking for steep discounts or freebies only to be told off by the owner, who says: "You've been gone since 1991 and suddenly you show up looking to mooch from me! Come back if and when you win your lawsuit!" The owner then turns away to wait on Ciara.
I actually wish JJ went to see Sami, he is tough and I think he could handle her. She may be "in the right" but she is the last person to be throwing stones.

Do we really want to wish that on poor JJ? He seemed to have made an impression on Eve, but Sami is currently even more impervious to good advice or common sense than usual. At best, she might have heard JJ out, but then would have marched off to continue her scorched-earth campaign across Salem.

Oh boo hoo. Sami fell in love with a known liar and cheater and fell for his lies that she was the epicentre of his world. And then he cheated.

Spreading out her vengeful gossip on people young enough to be her children just seems petty.

Back