Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 22, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Oh, what a fun show....at least the first half. O.K. there are viewers who might not get a kick out of some scenes, but probably will for others. EJ has entered DiMansion, calling out for Sami. No answer. He goes to the study door, and it is LOCKED. LOL. He starts calling Sami's name, wanting to talk, begging her to forgive him, he pleads, and the door stays locked. He goes on and on over how much he loves her, only thought of them, wants to work this all out, he made a mistake, etc. etc. He hears the door being unlocked, is thanking "darling", the doors open, and there stands Kate. (sorry, I could not stop laughing). Seems Sami is not home. He paces around the study, ranting away to a very calm Kate, telling her to get out of his house, as she cooly reminds him that the house belongs to DiMera Enterprises, and she is co-CEO, He begins blathering about he & fatha getting it all back.....and spots the portrait. The one that hangs over the wall space, once occupied by one of Stefano, but now...containing one of Sami & Kate. LOL. He stares, Kate comments the light could have been a bit softer. EJ then ignores the portrait, ranting about getting all this back, but Kate tells him not for 6 mos., because if they try, they will have to admit being duped by the two women, which will cause their stockholders & board members to flee in droves.

Sami is at the hospital to visit her mom, but learns Marlena cancelled all her appointments, and is in with John Black. Sami is taken back, goes into the room, where Roman sits with Marlena. She asks what happened, Roman gives her the Cliff Notes version, goes for coffee, leaving Marlena to explain that Brady is supposed to have done it, according to Theresa, but was so drunk he remembers nothing. Sami stays with her mom, rubbing her back and shoulder, trying her best to comfort her mom, assuring her that John Black has been through much worse and survived, and he will survive this, too.

JJ & Paige are in the park, going round and round about him not telling her about setting up Theresa, with her eventually walking away. Eve shows up, chats with JJ. wants her daughter to have a most happy summer, and knows JJ can do that. Paige returns, Eve takes off, JJ & Paige talk some more, eventually kiss.

Jennifer walked into the Pub, spying Eve & Daniel laughing and joking, and walks up, hollaring at them both. Daniel gets a call, Jen tells Eve off, Eve leaves. Daniel returns, and now Jen lights into him, but he has no idea what is going on. Jen is yammering at him about consorting with Eve, cannot believe he would do that, ends up leaving. Daniel is flabbergasted, chases after her. At home, he catches up, not believing she made him chase her. He is very annoyed, Jen is mad, but Daniel is no mind reader. Jen is yapping about him taking up with Eve, he had no idea they knew each other. She thinks he should have had a light bulb moment when he learned Theresa was Eve's sister. They go back and forth, she explains about the law suit, he knew nothing of it, did not know Eve knew Jen from long ago. Jen really gets very unreasonable, Daniel has had enough, why does she expect him to magically know something she never bothered to mention to him, reminds her of why they took a break, and tells her if she ever wonders about it, think back to this moment. Daniel storms off. He runs into Eve in the square, but wants no part of her either. He figures that Theresa had to tell her that he had been involved with Jen (Eve says no) but Daniel has had enough, doesn't like being used.

In her room, Eric & Nicole are still having words, when he gets a call from the Bishop, who has news on his case. Nicole has opened her laptop, Eric is about to leave, she sees a story about Brady & John, which sends Eric off to the hospital. Nicole is not far behind, but stops to call Brady and leave messages. Eric is in with his parents in John's room, learning what happened, isn't surprised about Brady, as all John wanted was for Brady to get help, but Brady was not of the same thoughts. Roman goes out to get coffee, sees Nicole who asks for Brady. Roman tells her brady is at a meeting, and that this is all a family matter, stay out of it.
Daniel arrives, she tries talking to him, but he is still angry and upset, and just takes off. She figures somehow, he is upset about a woman.

Jen has called Aiden, tells him there is nothing to be done about Eve, they will be going to court, that if Eve's lawyer calls, they will not settle. Eve is not going to get a single penny.
Eve is at home when Paige returns. They talk a bit, Eve saying she doesn't think JJ will be a problem at all, she really only wants paige to be happy, as she always has. And she doesn't think his sister will be either. But his mother is going to be a big one.
JJ returns home, asks Jen how all is going. Jen says it is war. JJ is stunned, as Jen says that she & Eve are going to court, and it is going to get very, very ugly.

Sami returns home, is on the phone in the study with business, and EJ comes in, says he is out on bail, with restrictions, cannot leave Salem. She does a good job of ignoring him to work, as EJ begs and pleads his case again. He doesn't care if she destroys the business, burns down the house, he doesn't care about stuff, material things. Just her. Sami seems to melt a bit, asking if he really means this. Yes, he does. She stands up, gets close, her voice soft, as she says she is glad he feels that way....because it will make it all the sweeter when she continues on with her plans for him. She is snarling, and yelling now, as the children are brought up, and she ridicules him for not thinking of them when he crawled in bed with that skank. Oh, Abigail will get her punishment, but EJ is going to pay and pay and pay. Both are yelling when Caroline bursts in (with Harold) shouting for them to stop.
EJ starts bellyaching about Caroline just coming in to a private conversation, but Sami thanks Harold for doing the right thing. She tells Gramma thank you for coming over, but she is quite busy with work. She sits at a desk, ear buds in her ears, as EJ tells Caroline she was the only member of Sami's family who believed him that he loved Sami so much. He leaves, Caroline comes over to Sami, removes the ear buds from Sami's ears, so they can talk. Sami rants on and on about EJ and what he did, Caroline listens, hands on hip.
She says all she is hearing from Sami is all this anger, and is it perhaps, because Sami really still loves EJ?

Sami stays with her mom, rubbing her back and shoulder, trying her best to comfort her mom, assuring her that John Black has been through much worse and survived, and he will survive this, too.
Sami gets the line-of-the-day: "This is John Black we're talkin about here. He's gotten through much worse. He's gonna wake up. And that's a fact."

Great writing and acting in the almost-takeback scene; for a second, I thought Sami was going to go back to EJ.

I'm pretty sure Caroline is going to talk about Victor tomorrow. Hopefully we'll see him, too. He hasn't appeared since John was conked. At any rate, if she encourages Sami to take back EJ, I will vomit from every orifice in my head.

JJ & Paige - :rolleyes: until I fell asleep.

Kate needling EJ - AMAZING. The portrait - LOVE. :love:

Jennifer coming extra-unglued at seeing Daniel & Eve - wonderful!!! I would love Eve to stalk Dan just for the looks on Jen's face, though it seems that Daniel is on to Eve. (Someone should tell Eve that Daniel prefers to do the using in his relationships.)

I want Daniel and Eric to take a fast train out of town. I hear Chicago is nice.

Sounds like a good show, hope it records for me today. Not sure why it didn't yesterday.

I can't believe they let Elvis out of jail - he ran before didn't he?
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, I keep watching the Jennifer/Daniel/Eve stuff thinking it might get good. It would help a lot of they lost the Eve theme song of moaning.

Thanks Poirot.

There were two moments when I jumped up and shouted in glee-one was when the new portrait was revealed. The other, when Daniel told off Jennifer (and I just LOVED seeing her upset!). Jen Jen was such a little hag today and I hate that she seemingly ruined the chance of Daniel and Eve getting together.

JJ and Paige were boring.

Loved that everyone went to check on John. It was great.

Line of the day: EJ says he wants to go take a shower, and Kate says "isn't that how this all began?" LOL!!

EJ, the only reason Caroline believed you and Sami were in love is because she probably has forgotten all the atrocities you two did to each other!

Oh. Em. Gee. If Caroline tries to talk Sami out of her revenge and convince her that she is still in love with EJ I will be doing the same thing as JasonDiSpeech!! :sick: This story has been going so beautifully. Those scenes today between Sami and EJ were great where she let him think maybe he was getting through to her but then she cranked up the revenge again! Awesome. Seriously, I am going to be so angry if Sami goes back to that scoundrel. Is she going a bit overboard? Sure, but I'm entertained by a Sami/EJ story again...haven't enjoyed them since she shot him in the head.

Jennifer has got to be the most self-righteous person on this show. The whole world revolves around her and all shall bow down to the princess. I'm glad Daniel called her out on her crap the way she was laying into him about Eve. Like he said, it's a pretty giant leap from "Eve and Theresa are sisters" to "Eve is Jennifer's life-long enemy since high school and suing her" and Daniel should have known. :rolleyes: I'm shocked that my eyes weren't permanently rolled back into my head from this. I mean, yeah, Eve hasn't exactly been completely forthright about her involvement with Jennifer to Daniel (which he rightfully is ticked off at Eve about) but Jennifer once again got on her high horse of "how dare you do that to me!" Apparently Daniel needs to run EVERYTHING by Jennifer before doing anything because obviously he can't do, say, or think anything for himself and must get permission from Miss Prissypants!! :eek:

I agree with JJ and Paige being boring. Loved Caroline taking out Sami's ear buds. Yes Jen, everyone who moves to Salem is handed a book all about your high school days, and a list of women they cant talk to because sometime over the course of your life they might have wronged you.

Loved that everyone went to check on John. It was great.
Yes, it was great, although I was hoping Eric would never appear on the show again after yesterday, at least he was a comfort to Marlena today. I was shocked that Sami stopped by, and was actually comforting!!
There were two moments when I jumped up and shouted in glee-one was when the new portrait was revealed. The other, when Daniel told off Jennifer (and I just LOVED seeing her upset!). Jen Jen was such a little hag today and I hate that she seemingly ruined the chance of Daniel and Eve getting together.
We are of a single mind on all three points!!! Really good episode today, it would have been nearly perfect if Eric hadn't been on.
Is she going a bit overboard? Sure, but I'm entertained by a Sami/EJ story again...haven't enjoyed them since she shot him in the head.
WELL SAID!!
it's a pretty giant leap from "Eve and Theresa are sisters" to "Eve is Jennifer's life-long enemy since high school and suing her" and Daniel should have known.
Yes, I too liked Daniel at that moment! Jennifer is obsessed and acting crazily - she needs some meds or something!! Maybe Carly can smuggle her in some Paxil (off-screen, of course!!)??
And, we also saw again today how Jennifer thinks she knows best for Daniel and thinks he's clueless - thought of user SarahBeth at that moment!!

I hated that, just because Eve and Theresa are sisters, Daniel was expected by the Prissy Sleeveless Hag to hate her! How judgmental!! Sure Eve is not a very nice person...but how was he to know? That is like Jennifer all of a sudden hating Paige because Eve is her mom...I am shocked they have not done that, but probably have Jennifer only approving of their relationship to make her look like a saint.

Everyone looked great today except Kate's skirt and Jennifer's hideous, Death Metal-esque outfit. That said, I love Kate's hair. Looks like she went back to blonde.

Geez Jen, overreact much? Wow, was that ridiculous. She hasn't told Dr. Dan anything but still expects him to know about her issues? I'm glad he kind of let her have it but seriously she was out of control today.

I didn't watch Days back when Eve was on and played by Charlotte Ross, was she this annoying? I like Kassie Depaiva but the character annoys me. And now she's already lied to Daniel "no, honestly it did not come up." :rotfl:

Caroline talking to Sami could be a good thing. Sami could admit, yes, she has feelings for EJ (even though I hate hate hate it), but tell Caroline she will never be able to trust EJ, and he will do this to her again and again.

I love the Kate/Sami portrait.

edited to enlarge font....JS

I too hope Caroline's advice goes the way of, "You may love him, you may hate him so much right now because you love him (gag) so much - but that doesn't mean you can live together." And if she doesn't at least mention Victor twice by name, I will be furious. Caroline has been the voice of reason so the writers better stick true to that!! (Pretty please!)

If one word could be used to describe Days characters, ingratitude would mean Jennifer and Jennifer would mean ingratitude. Where does the sleeveless wonder get off ripping into Daniel for having the briefest of cups of coffee with Eve? The Love Doctor only saved her useless life -- twice!If Ms. Priss wants everyone to know about all the slights she's suffered over the decades, she should give a class at Salem U. (complete with a Power Point presentation), have everyone take notes, and then give them an exam. If one word was to be applied to the tanned wonder today, it would be "perceptive." Not only did he tell darling Jenny exactly what wretch she is, he also spotted Eve for the manipulative conniver that she is. Finally, Kate seems way too overconfident. It's hard to see the pliable Mr. Shin and the rest of the spineless, clueless DiMera toadies on the so-called board defying an order from mighty Phoenix to pull the plug on the unlikely Kate-Sami team, contract or no contract.

Back