Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 26, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 26, 2016

For some reason, Dario has taken Nicole to a shooting range, showing her how to handle a gun, breathing techniques & how to hold one's hands, as one fires the gun, and using a pic of Kate as a target, (which pleases Nicole). They finish & go to the Club for a drink.

Victor is accusing Deimos of ulterior motives, doesn't believe a word of his truce plea, is his usual insulting, nasty self. Deimos' insistance he is a changed man, after his near death experience, falls on deaf ears. Victor will have none of it, ending up walking away, telling Deimos to go to hell. Victor goes home, calls Justin, tells him what happens, & wants Justin to go see Deimos, see if he can find out what Deimos is really up to. After all, Justin did the favor Deimos had asked of him (destroying the file on some thug) so Deimos should be trusting him.

Justin meets with Deimos, who figures rightly that Justin has talked to Vic today, tho Justin denies it. They exchange a few remarks, during which Justin mentions Tate's kidnapping. Deimos is shocked, seems upset, just a baby, a baby needs it's mother. Dario & Nicole walk in, Deimos goes to talk to Nik, wants her to head up Basic Black, she says no, she is working on helping Dario redo the club. Deimos is sarcastic about her preference for helping Dario choose new placemats over running a large company, then takes a step back, saying something about keeping their business relationship separate from their personal one. Nicole lets him know they have neither a business or person relationship. He leaves. Justin goes to tell Victor about his meeting with Deimos being cut short.

Belle & Shawn are at the Pub with Claire, all excited about making plans for college, getting there a couple days early, orientation, etc. Claire says no need to worry, she is not going to college, wants to be a singer, doesn't need college for that. Belle reminds her that in Performing Arts she would be getting the training, etc., but Claire figures she already knows how to sing, and stalks off. Belle & Shawn get into a small argument about their daughter, but actually are both on the same page, think she needs college, but agree she has to think it is her idea to go.

In the square, Philip is with Chloe , making plans for her making an album, he has done a lot of research, checking music companies, what is trending, etc. etc. Claire is with Theo, hears a lot of their conversation. She is miffed as Philip is helping Chloe, but wants Claire to get more training with her voice. She talks of her music, Theo notes that Philip & Chloe are talking of finding material, Claire has some. Go talk to them. She does, even though Phil is trying to put her off. But Claire suggests she be Chloe's asst., taking care of the odds and ends no one else wants to do. Chloe thinks it a good idea, and that deal gets set. Claire returns to Theo, tells him about the job, he asks if she is going to call Ciara. But it seems those two are not really talking, since their last conversation, however Ciara has moved back home now. Theo suddenly decides he has to leave, takes off.

Along come Belle & Shawn, who learn from Claire about her new job. Belle wants to go talk to Philip, leaving Shawn to talk to Claire. He is not too happy about that. In Philip's room, Chloe is leaving, will talk to him later. She is gone, knock, knock, it it Belle, come to scold Philip. But he lets her know that he had nothing to do with Claire & the job. it was Claire who suggested it, Chloe thinking it a good idea. they made arrangements between themselves. But he thinks it interesting that Belle felt it necessary to just come and see him!

Ciara has been sitting on the sofa, having a flashback of when she played chess with Chad, kissing him on the cheek as she left the room. She starts taking her things upstairs, Theo arrives, things are a bit awkward. He is sorry for telling her how he felt, misses their talks, she does too. Mom is in the hospital, should be coming home soon. Well, he is here now, so....talk!

Deimos has this doctor at the Kmansion, has shown him a folder full of information that the retired doctor would not want to get out. The doctor is looking it over, says that he supposes he could come out of retirement for one last operation. Deimos says he doesn't know why Victor had not contacted him already, but since he did not, Deimos did, and the operation better be successful.

Over at Victor & Maggie's, he is telling her about Deimos coming to him with the olive branch, not trusting him, etc. He even thinks Deimos may have had a hand in the kidnapping of Tate. Justin is there, doesn't think so, not from his reaction when Justin told him the news. There is a knocking at the door, they ignore it at first, but then Justin goes to answer it. Vic says if it is Deimos, punch him in the jaw. Justin opens the door, says "Oh, my God". Victor says, who is it? Next thing Justin has his arms around his son in a big bear hug, as he is exclaiming "Sonny". Big grin on Sonny's face.

I thought how freaking obvious that Justin contacts Deimos right after Deimos talks to Victor. He saw right through that. Doesn't seem like he had anything with the Tatenapping and I wonder what he has on the good doctor that is going to get him to do Maggie's surgery?

Belle and Shawn written this way annoy me. Why does she keep thinking of Philip and running to him? Belle and Shawn were soul mates.

And Ciara and Theo going to talk so things won't be awkward anymore. I'm betting he's gonna bring up the Chad issue that Claire blabbed about and things will be even more awkward.

Belle and Shawn written this way annoy me. Why does she keep thinking of Philip and running to him? Belle and Shawn were soul mates.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I need to rewatch later as I had to put out a client fire during the show but Belle running off to Philip annoyed me too. I am glad that she and Shawn seemed to work through their differences though. I really hate that the teens are now 18. They could have done this same storyline with Claire as a 16 year old and kept her in high school. The job with Chloe and Philip is enough angst.

I also wish we had gotten a Shawn and Ciara scene at the house. But apparently they are not allowed to be in scenes together or with their mother at the same time.

Nicole and Dario at a shooting range? I have no words. These scenes should have been edited in light of recent events.

Sonny!!!!

Victor was once again on the top of his verbal game calling Deimos a "feral monster," saying that calling him scum was an "insult to scum," and calling Roman "Deputy Dawg" and saying that he couldn't "find a hole in a donut." Victor is really good with words, but unfortunately he rarely has any wisdom to impart with them. Elsewhere Brat Claire was in fine form. She could describe her current career plans as follows: "Hey, I'm not going to some stoopid college. I'm going to work as a gofer for a singer who's unknown outside Salem and who sings for a start-up record label headed by the town loser. Ain't I smart?" Finally, Dario may have come up with a great business idea -- selling firing range targets, which consist of the faces of highly unpopular Salemites. E.g., Customer: "Dario, I'll take three Victors, two Kates, and two Andres."

Add Deimos to that list, Dr Baker Fan. I couldn't get over how he's running around town fooling people like Justin with his "I'm changed" line, but blackmailing the surgeon into operating on Maggie. The surgeon had not been persuaded to come out of retirement with an offer of money from Victor, but whatever information is in that file is enough to scare that doctor into doing the surgery.

Claire was definitely a brat today. Refusing to go to college because she already knows how to sing. Um, sorry, but she is currently not that great of a singer and will not be an overnight success. As Philip suggested, she still needs voice training, and in the meantime, getting an education would not hurt while she works on training her voice. Claire then runs and gets a job as Chloe's assistant did not set will with Shawn and Belle. Belle's reaction was over the top and as usual she runs straight to Philip to blame him.

Yay to Ciara moving back home and away from that ridiculous story as a full time nanny. Unfortunately, she still has a crush on Chad but hopefully that will lessen as she gets settled into her own routine.

I hope Nicole's training at the shooting range does not mean that she will use a gun on someone in the future or someone will be shot and Nicole blamed. That seemed like foreshadowing to me.

I watched again. I think we are headed for a Claire/Theo/Ciara triangle. It may not be immediate but I see it going there. I also noticed that Ciara wasn't on for the full episode but Claire was. That's good.

I'd rather see Belle and Shawn battling their bratty daughter than battling Philip or another 3rd party. I hope she walks away from Philip quickly. And I'm also happy to see Claire getting story that isn't dependent on her Aunt. Belle and Shawn actually reminded me of Bo and Hope today, the difference being Hope would have just went along with Bo said.

Not clear on what Deimos is up to but I don't think he has "changed". If he has, then why not return the mansion to Victor and Maggie?

First the good news: It appears that someone on the writing staff had a sudden attack of good sense and decided to move Ciara out of the DiMansion and more importantly out of Chad's orbit. Now it looks like we're also going to see a reconciliation of sorts with Theo. Aw well, Ciara really should be playing with kids her own age anyway.

The Bad news: As Heather has pointed out it looks like we have a Ciara/Theo/Claire triangle to look forward to in the not too distant future. Aw well, I am just going to to be sure to have a good book on hand because I can't even pretend to care. :)

I'm glad Ciara moved out of the DiMera mansion.

I loved the two zingers Victor said about Roman.

I'm not sure why Dario took Nicole to the shooting range except to let out
her frustrations at Kate. With everything in the news lately, I hope they
never go back there.

Deimos seemed so concerned about Tate being missing, but than he turned
around and blackmailed the doctor to operate on Maggie. He's reminding me
of Victor.

I loved the end with Sonny coming to the townhouse.

Belle & Shawn get into a small argument about their daughter, but actually are both on the same page, think she needs college, but agree she has to think it is her idea to go.
I'm with Claire on this one. Who needs college, especially in Salem? Besides, just a few months ago she was 15 or so.
Victor was once again on the top of his verbal game calling Deimos a "feral monster," saying that calling him scum was an "insult to scum," and calling Roman "Deputy Dawg" and saying that he couldn't "find a hole in a donut."
I really would like him to insult them on a superficial level, the way he does with women. Even though I love the snark most of the time, lately he's really nasty with the ladies he insults, but sticks to actual character failings with the men he insults. Oh well.
I also noticed that Ciara wasn't on for the full episode but Claire was. That's good.
Oh, sure, when I'm out of the country and can't watch!! LOL

I'm glad I didn't make the effort to watch today since Sonny was wasted on just a few minutes of episode. Hopefully one of my "twitter peeps" (or "tweeps" as the young kids say) got a good screenshot.

Poirot definitely made the show seem better than it was. The highlight for me was the very last scene with Sonny's arrival.

The rest of the show was just meh.

I was really shaking my head the entire time they showed Nicole and Dario at the shooting range. (I practice at a range twice a month.) While I found nothing wrong with them being there, everything else about it had me cringing. If that had been where I go, they would've received several warnings for various safety issues. (The ranges are on camera with the feeds monitored at all times.) The biggest thing is they would've been stopped immediately for using a picture of a person for their target, and then held until the police arrived!

I thought the show was meh too but we weren't on Hope overload which is a good thing. I like the Shawn/Belle and Philip/Chloe stuff, just wish we'd see them interacting with their parents and siblings more. I like that Claire seems to be finally getting her own storylines. It's about time. And I'll take Claire acting like a brat anyway over Claire becoming a murderer or something else.

I need to see more JJ/Gabi and Chad searching for Abby with help from her family. Settle the custody battle by having Jennifer help Chad with Thomas. That's what Abby would want.

I also like when the Kiriakis stuff includes Justin. And Sonny was a nice treat.

I didn't like the shooting range stuff. I just don't like Dario and think there is no chemistry with Nicole. Plus there was too much of these scenes. They could have showed this in one scene.

Nicole
Shooting range
Kate
Nicole actually shoots and kills "someone"
Kate gets a video but inconclusive
Nicole gets off because Kate cried "wolf"
Kate makes Nicole's life a living hell
See...We have come full circle

Back