Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 29, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 29, 2014

EJ comes to the apt. to see Will, who is not there. Sonny lets him know, in no uncertain terms, that they have nothing to say to him. EJ gets ticked, says he has done a lot for them all, and now has made one mistake, why does that negate everything else. He considers Will, Sonny, Arianna his family. Sonny says he hurt Will's mother terribly, and goes to feed Arianna, telling EJ to let himself out.

Eve is oozing that fake sweetness with Theresa, going back and forth as to what is bothering Theresa, who in turn, tries to fend her off. But Eve really manages to figure out that while Theresa is money hungry, she was about to fly off to L.A. where she could have gone to jail, so she puts the pieces together, figuring that Theresa's tale to the cops about Brady smacking his dad was not the truth. And now she asks a favor. Theresa laughs, because the medical stumbling block Eve has run into is probably paying up front, and she has no money. Nope, what Eve needs is Theresa's blood. Seems they both have this rare blood type, and Eve needs a supply for free (otherwise costing a fortune) so Theresa is to give a little bit of blood, and Eve will keep her mouth shut. Eve warns her she has to stay sober for a few days beforehand, and insists they go to the hospital and get started.

Will sits with Abigail, talking of how Abby & EJ ever got together, she insisting she is not in love with him, never was, that it was a huge mistake, both were unable to resist the attraction, just happened. She doesn't blame Sami. Will is indignant, his mom is going for blood. Abby says so, she yelled at me in front of my mother, she has a right to do so, but Will warns her that his mom is not done, is determined to destroy Abby, so just watch her back. Abby doesn't think there is anything more Sami can do.

Marlena sits with John, Roman is there, Brady comes in. Roman gets a call, leaves. Brady is blaming himself, cannot believe he did this. Marlena doesn't want to stay and listen to him, just cannot do this. Brady goes bedside, talks of how he has tried and tried to remember and can't. It is all just dark, blank. He probably heard his dad's voice for the last time, and cannot remember it. He then talks of his anger, how he took it out on everyone, Eric, his father, Marlena, She knows it was Kristen who did all this. But Brady still blames himself, the anger inside, eating at him. He tells John he was right all along. Finally, he thanks Marlena for letting him be there, and leaves. Marlena takes John's hand, holding it, Roman enters.

Brady comes out, finds Theresa filling out some paperwork. She claims she came to check on him and John. Decided to do something good, will be giving blood for Eve. Brady will be getting the annulment papers to her soon. He takes off. marlena comes out, sees Theresa, who scurries off when she spots Marlena. Eve comes along, stopping Marlena, gushing over how she hasn't changed from when she lived there so many years ago. Marlena asks who she is. Eve Donovan. Ah, then you are Theresa's sister, & Marlena asks if Theresa has talked to her about what happened. Eve does her fake sweet talk act, how it was over so quickly, but says basically the same thing Theresa has said before.

And speaking of fake sweet talk...(makes you want to roll your eyes, I swear), Anne arrives at the Pub, you know, the corporate office of DiMera Enterprises, to meet up with sweet talking Sami. Anne blathers about John, if they need anything, blah, blah, but Sami is there to talk of something else. She is CEO of DiMera enterprises, will be taking the board seat, wants Anne to fill her in on rules and ethics, etc. Anne starts about some doctor, but Sami wants specifics. Anne has everything on her phone, sends it to Sami's tablet, along with her plans for reorganizing things at the hospital, especially the Public Relations dept. Anne bows and scrapes as Sami thanks her, has another meeting.

At the hotel, Daniel wakes up to find Kristen standing there. she wants him to be quiet, so they can talk, removes the gag. He starts yelling for help, citing room 625. Alas, Kristen lets him know that when he reserved a room here, did he not wonder why he was upgraded to this suite? She starts yelling as well, tells him the room is soundproof. She sends her thug outside the door, and Daniel begins berating her, all about how she ruined Eric's life, a man who did her no wrong, in fact helped her, dedicated to helping others as well, and now everyone thinks he is a dirty priest. He goes on, as she wants to hear about Brady. Oh, she knows he married that gold digger, and is responsible for his fathers condition. Daniel is calling her a crazy *****, she gets her thug back in the room to give Daniel a gut punch. She now wants Daniel to tell her every little detail about Brady.

Will returns home, learns EJ was there, gets upset. Sonny took care of it. Will intends to write the story, take his mother down a peg or two, rein her in.

Abby is walking thru the square, spots EJ, they stare at one another. She hurries off. She goes thru the gate, gets to a bench, gasping a bit. Along comes EJ..who needs to speak to her.

At the Pub, Kayla joins Sami, who has called her there to talk to her about her niece. Sami is dripping honey, as she tells Kayla all about her husband and Abby's affair, even pulling up the pictures to show her, lamenting she doesn't have a video. She wants Abby fired. Kayla refuses, she will talk to her. Nope, not good enough. Sami pulls up the rules & ethics, reads about an employee engaging in activities that would cast a reflection on the hospital's reputation. Kayla is still refusing, is sorry for Sami's troubles but won't be a part of her revenge plan.

Sami hisses that Abby had sex with a board member, and that certainly would not be good for the reputation of the hospital. She then mentions the 20 million dollar donation that is pending, and could be withdrawn. An angry Kayla says "you wouldn't. That is for the children's wing". Sami smirks, is mentioning bringing up charges for cause, and talks of how all this info would be revealed at the hearing. Kayla is furious, but Sami wants Abby fired.

Many times, there is the "just in case" blood supply. She is having nodes inside her throat removed....who knows? I think that is what the dr. needs to have on hand, and because her blood is rare type, may have to come from elsewhere, adding to cost.

I always thought Board of Directors were "selected", in other words, you are asked to be on the Board of Directors. Some people are Directors for several different corporations.
In this case, it seems because the company makes these huge donations, the "company" has a seat. I think Stefano has sat there, so has EJ. Same goes for titan, as Victor has sat in, and then Brady did, too. (In the past, Philip may have even done so)

If Eve needed blood, I'm surprised Daniel didn't catch it, though I guess maybe they never got to the pre-op testing stage. I had a feeling there was more to it, like she wants Theresa's blood for some other reason. I'm not sure what she's up to.

The Daniel/Kristen scenes were better than I thought they'd be. Even though he's tied up and whatnot, Daniel has the upper hand and I love it.

How sad it is that Sami has stooped to Anne's level. This whole idea is ridiculous on about 100,000 different levels. Kayla should ignore Sami's threat and then ask Maggie to talk to Victor about matching the lost donation. She also should smile sweetly and say, "Okay, as long as we also fire..." and then list every hospital employee, then laugh and say she's not firing any of them.

I wonder if Brady remembered something or thought of something when he tried to call Daniel. Also, Daniel's phone is NOT sound proofed so he could make muffled noises in the background.

Samantha Gene is willing to hold up a huge donation to the hospital if Abigail isn't fired? She's not "destroying" Abby, she's going to ruin herself (if that's still possible). When word gets out about this, Sami will be the one getting dirty looks in the Town Square and having a bartender spitting into her drinks at Club TBD before they're served. Another person whose wires are crossed is, quite naturally, Kristen. She's kidnapped the Love Doctor to get information about Brady? To do this, all she has to do is read back issues of the Spectator or put on one of her silly disguises and hang out in public places to eavesdrop on conversations. She'd shortly have all she needs to know and more. Finally, if Victor learns that Eve needs a blood donation, he'd probably say that all she needs is a pitcher of ice water or blood from some cold-blooded reptile.

If Kristen isn't in need of medical attention, if she's only in search of information about Brady, why kidnap Daniel Jonas? Why not, I don't know, kidnap Brady, or his gold-digging new wife, or his on again/off again best friend Nicole? So far, from the conversation today, her taking Daniel makes absolutely no sense at all. It appears this may just be a lame attempt to have these particular actors share TOO MANY scenes together.

Sami's revenge stinks lol. The writers are going to have Abby fired because of her affair with a board member projecting a bad image for the hospital, but the public didn't blink an eye (other than Anne) when the head surgeon admitted to sleeping with and being in the company of another hospital employee when she over dosed from drug use. The fact that Daniel wasn't reprimanded by the board tells me all I need to know about concern for the hospital's image and "ethics".

I also think Sami has A LOT of self-hatred and she's projecting by punishing Abby lol. Think about it. She mentioned Abby's shenanigans with Austin, Abby's problems with her dad, and Abby chasing men. Does that sound like anyone else we know :rotfl:

@Kathylu, I've seen some wondering if Theresa will find out she's pregnant during the blood donation procedure. Hope it's not true, but it would give her ammunition to keep Brady in that marriage.

I am not one for violence but I really wish Kayla would have smacked that smug grin off Sam's face today. Sami seems to be more about destroying Abigail than EJ. Abigail is going to get fired and EJ is allowed to live at the mansion.....shaking head my head.

Enjoyed watching the Daniel and Kristen scenes, also and I love watching Marlena and John, even though he's in a coma; just hope he isn't in coma as long as Rafe was.

Maybe when Will writes his story it will be an eye opener for Sami.

Theresa was fired for theft, and she should have stayed fired, but Anne re-hired her.

I'm still enjoying Sami, but I want them to get back to Kate and Sami destroying the Dimeras. That is where the real story is.

EJ is angry? Well too bad. He ruined his relationship with Sami, and he wasn't thinking about Sami or the children when he was cheating.

EXCELLENT points everyone:clap::love: I think Samnitwit is being set up for a rude awakening just like Brady was with John. I thought it was ironic when Brady said all he could see was anger, which is what enabled his destructive ways, just like his step-sis Sami.

So I no longer believe Sami will be hurt by whatever Will writes but who Sami's actions will inadvertently hurt (to get her to wake up). Like it took John getting hurt to make Brady rethink his behaviour.

I was glad Marlena stayed in the room and heard Brady, as she WAS going to leave, telling him she cannot stay with him there.

And Sami, with her snarky, oh so sweetly blackmailing Kayla, and worming info out of Anne (who I thought was smarter than that, but Anne is such a kiss up). Yes, something is going to upset the applecart for Sami....and while it could be Will's article, I have a hunch it just might be EJ.
There he was, on the phone, assuring "Ed" that he & his father totally approved whatever Sami & Kate were doing, not to worry. All will be well.

I don't get what the purpose of Eve talking to Marlena was. I would rather have seem Marlena and Roman talk, when he opened that door. Instead, nothing happened.

I also wish Kayla slapped Sami. She is threatening to take away donations for sick (possibly gravely so) KIDS for getting revenge on a young woman that romped with Sami's rapist fiance? Gimme a break! And Anne kissing ....deleted disguised censored language....Poirot.... was distasteful, too. I thought it was weird how she did that hair thing as soon as she came in-in an eatery! Weird.

I am glad Brady is making amends and trying to better himself. I also liked Marlena today. Seems Roman really loves her; that look on his eyes after he walked in the room...poor Roman. I was really hoping they wold put him back with Marlena but it looks like she will take back John once he awakens.

I just love the scenes between Eve and Theresa-always delightful. I also liked seeing Abby and Will talk. I really wonder what will happen between her and EJ tomorrow.

EJ keeps making excuses for himself, and I'm so glad Sonny ain't buying it. If he truly loved all his family, he never would have cheated.

I'm sorry, but Kritter and Daniel does nothing for me. As was stated by someone else here, why not kidnap someone closer to Brady for information? Nicole? Theresa? Brady himself? So stupid. I did like Daniel calling her out.

Back