Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 29, 2014

I don't get what the purpose of Eve talking to Marlena was. I would rather have seem Marlena and Roman talk, when he opened that door. Instead, nothing happened.
My take on it was that Marlena was trying to size up whether Eve had any suspicions that she wasn't sharing. Marlena herself is suspicious of Theresa at this point and tried fishing for info--she also wanted to see if Eve was a trustworthy source of that info.

I was surprised she didn't recognize Eve right away since the whole rest of Salem did.

Theresa pregnant? It's about time Brady had a child.

Kate and Sami's plan was to sell off certain assets (the files which showed where EJ and Stefano were heavily invested), and then the other files were the ones said Kate would make them money. So at least that part of the plan seems to be moving forward.

This may sound strange, but Abby has had a couple of panic attacks now, similar to Eric's. Was Abby drugged?

I can't believe everyone missed what Theresa was doing. She was eating
peanut butter out of a jar with a spoon. I loved it. I do the same thing. I like the
peanut butter mixed with jelly the best :)

Was there a reason why she doing it? That's the most important question to ask.

I'm not into Sam's revenge at all. She's done too many things herself and
I think we all know it's not going to last anyway.

Will Kayla fire Abby before Will's article is printed? Will Sonny hire
Abby at the Club?

An interesting amount for the donation. 20 million dollars. I'm sure some of the
DiMera employees would love to see some of that in their paychecks.

I felt sorry for Roman today. He watching Marlena again with John.

I enjoyed Kristen and Daniel. I didn't realize hotels had sound proof rooms.

I noticed the peanut butter thing too katmouse! Also thought it was weird Marlena didn't know Eve. Perhaps those were the years Deidre Hall (Marlena) was doing that show with Wilfred Brimley and Shannen Doherty?

I still say if Kayla bows down to Sami's demands she's an idiot. Why not go to Roman and have him talk some sense into his daughter?

Yeah, I'm at a loss re: Kristen kidnapping Daniel. I don't get it. And I hate her dress.

Just curious. Are board members generally selected as individuals or as representatives of firms or organizations? I would have thought Sami would have to be "elected" to the board.

Board members are generally elected or selected as individuals. I serve on several different types of national Boards and I was either elected by membership of the organization or I was selected by a Board selection committee. And if a Board member has to step down, either the spot remains vacant or someone else is appointed in the interim. More than likely the former until the next election/selection process comes around. Someone doesn't just fill in by proxy. Sorry Samantha Gene!

Sami is a really, really nasty woman. I can't wait for karma to come back to her.

I tuned out Daniel and Kristen after the first slap. Another ridiculous storyline.

I did catch the jar in Jeannie Theresa's hand but didn't know what it was. What was up with that hideous curtain in her apartment?

I'm not interested in another Roman-Marlena-John triangle that will likely end up in Roman losing again. He needs to be with Kate. I did enjoy Brady and Marlena together.

The EJ-Abigail stare was amazing! They still have chemistry without saying anything.

Thanks for the summary. I like to begin with that always no matter who does it because I really am thankful on the days I don't catch or DVR it & the days I do. :)

I am enjoying the Roman, Marlena & comaJohn scenes. It's nice seeing Roman on more & the 3 of them together without the too played out triangle with them.

Theresa with the peanut butter made me laugh. While watching earlier I was noshing on a jar too but use celery to dip into it with.

I also wondered about Eve needing to introduce herself to Marlena. I do think she was gone when Eve was on before & if remember right it was during the Diana Colville days.

I don't get some of the posts about Sami, EJ & Abby. If EJ didn't truly love his family because he cheated on Sami then the majority of Salem doesn't truly love their families. They've all cheated some time or another :) Sami has definitely done more to EJ so far. So she wants Abigail fired? She had EJ "fired" by taking his position, he's in legal trouble over the tax evasion & it could be sweet revenge on her part for EJ to be in the DiMansion & see Sami there but not be in her bed. Plus it would affect the kids more if he wasn't "home" since they have been shielded from all this mess. Just my thoughts. :)

It was great to see Kayla today. She looked so pretty. I just wish she could have called Sami's bluff, told her where to go, and received the funding from Victor for the hospital wing.

I am enjoying Eve and Theresa's interactions. The two sisters play off of each other so well. It was funny the way Theresa scurried away when she saw Marlena at the hospital. Marlena looked like she was about to chase her down and question her when Eve intervened. Katmouse and Sparkster, Charlotte Ross (Eve) was previously on the show from 1987 to 1991, during the period Marlena was presumed to be dead, so it makes sense that she did not know Eve when she came up to her in the hospital. It was actually a good nod to history that the writers actually noted that they did not know each other.

Brady is actually becoming the character I liked so well a few years ago, before Kristen came in to his life and ruined it. I really liked his talk with Marlena today. She is still so angry with him, but she does care for him. The only thing is, why don't they mention Belle at all, that Brady is the most important person in John's life (what about his daughter)? Either mention that they are keeping her informed about John's condition or have Martha Madison (most recent Belle) come on for a few days to visit her dad in the hospital!

Was Marlena in Salem when Eve was before? I thought it was strange
when Eve told Marlena who she was.
Also thought it was weird Marlena didn't know Eve. Perhaps those were the years Deidre Hall (Marlena) was doing that show with Wilfred Brimley and Shannen Doherty?

Charlotte Ross played Eve from 1987 to 1991. Deidre Hall (Marlena) left Days in 1987 and returned in 1991, so I don't think they were really in each other's orbits.

Yes, Deidre Hall (Marlena) was doing Our House for a few of the years she was away from Days during that time period.

I thought Sonny’s anger at EJ was interesting. For the most part, in all the craziness of the last two or three years, Sonny has been the mature responsible one out of this group. I believe Sonny sees the bigger picture. Sonny knows Will is angry, and if he trashes Sami in that article it could bring closer scrutiny none of them want, and Will may someday regret it. Despite their rocky relationship, Will loves Sami.

So Sonny resents EJ’s blasé, “I made a mistake. Why doesn’t everyone just forget it and move on?” attitude. Sonny knows EJ hurt more people than just Sami with his actions, and there are going to be consequences for everyone, including Will’s younger siblings who both Sonny and Will love.

I also wanted Kayla to just tell Sami she will get the donation from Victor. Wonder why she didn't think of that.

Never thought the peanut butter could be a craving. Hmm...

I did think Kayla looked pretty, her hair and outfit. I was not crazy about the top Abby was wearing though, the red jacket didn't look right with that shirt.

EJ and Abby have major chemistry. Can't he just realize it is over with Sami and go after her instead?

I loved Marlena and Brady's scenes.

KathyLu, I hope Theresa just wanted some peanut butter too.

Thanks for the info about Marlena and Eve. It makes sense now
they never met.

I don't think we have to worry about a triangle with Roman, Marlena
and John. He was watching Marlena hold his hand. He knows he lost
before it got started.

I always like Marlena and Brady scenes.

Several thoughts after reading your comments and seeing the show:

What was with that "flow chart", or "hierarchy" chart Sami had on her notebook? It looked to me like she wants to blackball more people than just Abigail.

I don't know about Marlena recognizing Eve, but Eve recognized Marlena. Of course, it's a different Eve, lol.

Yeah, I caught the peanut butter thing too. I do that all the time, lol.

Back