Days of Our Lives - Tues. July 7, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Replays of Monday's closing scenes. Eric wants Serena to help him, set up a video/recording thing while talking with Xander, getting him to admit to attempting to kill Nicole & Eric. She refuses, not because of her involvement with the diamonds, but because Xander would kill her if she did something like that. Eric realizes she is right, it was a mistake to come, he did not think it out, and he leaves.

JJ is cuffed and brought down to the Salem PD. It turns out Agent Watts works for the DEA, Roman is in on this, they want the drug kingpin, as drug traffic is up 25% in Salem. They want JJ to agree to Kyle's request, get in the good graces, so they can get the kingpin. JJ turns them down. Nope. Watts promises to be watching him cconstantly, reminds him good people are being hurt...no dice. JJ leaves, Watts gives him his card in case he changes his mind.

Hope calls Victor, wants to come over, has a few questions about Xander. Victor says, sure, come on, hangs up, then tells Xander he has to leave right now. He tells Xander to make himself scarce, he will contact him when HE decides to, and not to contact him at all. Xander leaves as Maggie comes in, wanting to know what Xander was doing out of jail, and why was he there. Victor sort of evades answering, as Hope arrives, and he advises Maggie to ask her why Xander was out of jail. She explains about the rock solid alibi, Maggie leaves the room. Hope inquires about Xander, Victor gives his pat answers of trying to be helpful to his brother, they only contacted him when they wanted something, he tried only to help, yada, yada. He knows nothing about why Xander came to town, except it was for his business, he doesn't keep in touch, blah, blah. Hope says, o.k., and that she hopes Victor isn't lying. As she leaves, she turns and tells Victor "you do know I love you, right?", then smiles and leaves.

Nicole has told Daniel she cannot stay, cannot move in, can't do this. Daniel is kind, soft spoken, tells her how much he loves her, she knows Xander is free, Daniel wants to protect her, he reassures her, tells her just to stay there tonight. She finally agrees, they go inside, he says she gets the bedroom, he will sleep in the guest room. She is very happy to be there, has always wanted to love a man like him, and be loved by a man like him... and soon they are kissing tenderly, and then are on the bed..and yes, making love.

Eve sits in the Pub, reading Laura's file, noting that both Jen's mother and grandmother were mentally ill, so starts looking up drugs to mirror the same symptoms. She is bound and determined to get Jen committed, so Jen will have lost her family like Eve lost her Paigey. She gets a call from Daphne and rushes off.

Paige has made a date with some older man, perfect for her plan. She calls Daphne to meet her in the square. When Daphne arrives, Paige is talking to Donald, Daphne is surprised, Donald not getting why Daphne is joining them, but then figures he is going to get lucky and have 2 gals. Daphne is elsewhere, calling Eve, telling her to get to the square, that Paige has the old guy as her date, it is not good. Eve arrives, Paige goes to help Daphne carry some food back, Eve is there in a flash, berating the man, who talks of going somewhere a ways away, looks up 4 star hotels along the way. She is furious, warns him to stay away, claims Paige is under age, but he knows better. She finally says she will doing anything if he will just take off. He claims to be short of cash, no won't take a check, but wants 10 grand. She is appalled, banks closed. He says a pawn shop is just 2 blocks away, open 24/7 and that rock on her finger should bring a pretty penny. Reluctantly, Eve agrees, brings back all the money, gives it to him as Paige comes up, asking what she is doing there. Donald is counting the money, thanks Eve, promises to stay away from her daughter, takes off a few bills, giving Paige her "cut". Eve is puzzled, Donald takes off, and Paige asks her how it feels to be lied to, manipulated, become a victim. Then tells her that what just happened is nothing in comparison to what Eve did to her....and to just stay away from her always.

Marlena comes to visit Eric, is assured he is o.k. She is sorry all this happened, knows he loves Serena so much. He corrects her, doesn't love Serena, he is still upset over learning all she did. They talk a bit, Marlena wonders if it isn't Serena that he is upset about, perhaps it is himself, and what he feels. Cue another flashback of him kissing Nicole.

Xander has run into Serena, chides her about losing her boyfriend, makes fun of her, reminds her of how much she enjoyed their sex romps after Eric decided to become a priest and left.
Later, she calls Eric, has changed her mind, and offers to help him nail Xander.

I guess I will never understand the Donovan money situation. OK, so Shane gave Eve a ring that is worth enough for her to get 10 grand from a pawn shop but no one went to him for help with tuition? Surgery? Why does Theresa act like she has never seen money? Surely a dad that gives out expensive jewelry has sent his kids on trips around the world. ugh. Pick a story for this family and stick to it.

I can't wait for Paige to leave. I don't think Eve should be the more sympathetic one here but she is. Also, Money has not been shown to be the most important thing to Eve. She came to town with an agreement that was never proved false and wanted what was promised and hasn't done anything to get rich quick sense, so Paige conning her out of money was stupid. She could have made Eve write a check to Jen and Eve would have.

I don't get Serena's call at the end. She is not the one who wasn't willing to work with Eric, he was not willing to work with her. So it wasn't her mind that needed to change

How many times will Victor and Xander talk about him leaving?

:sick::sick::sick::sick: to Dan and Nicole. Did he call her hand a paw? Was he trying to be cute? Even with a hair cut Dan looks unclean.

What makes Marlena think Eric would be getting back with Serena? Why even bring that up?

So Roman and random agent actually thought a 19 year old would be willing to risk his life and go behind his mom's back for the good of a town he has never expressed any strong devotion to? The agent has been following him around seeing him at illegal parties and he thinks the kid cares who is doing drugs? Really? What did he observe that would make him think JJ cares about other people? He didn't even want to restore the square after he destroyed it.

I don't know how Maggie can judge an attempted murderer in front of Victor.

I think JJ will see Kyle and Paige and that will make him change his mind. I have to wonder how it was so easy for JJ to get out of the drug business if he was so good that not only is some stranger trying to recruit him over a year later but some government agent also wants to send him undercover.

Don't the cops know about the blood diamonds? They may not be able to do anything about the attempted murder but shouldn't they be contacting someone about Xander smuggling diamonds?

I missed the first 15 mins or so as I was picking up my car from the repair shop. I didn't miss a thing, apparently- all I didn't see was Eve doing her little research project.

Not having ever pawned anything, I can't speak from experience...but would they likely even have $10,000 in cash in a pawn shop? :rolleyes:

I guess the DEA realizes the Salem PD has no one more qualified than a completely un-qualified teenager to do their undercover work? And, they've watched JJ for weeks or however long, and STILL think he's just the ticket? Wowzers.

Did he call her hand a paw?

Yes, I heard that too. "Give me your paw". If a man said that to me, at ANY time, but particularly then...let's just say he'd probably draw back a bloody stump of his own. That wasn't cute, it was demeaning and stupid. GAH.

Eve said it was a family heirloom, her dad gave it to her, and she had planned to give it eventually to Paige. So, he gives her a ring valued at MORE than Ten Grand, and has not gifted Theresa with something? Interesting.
But then, these writers cannot keep anything straight or with any common sense, so can't expect things to jibe.

Watts did say one of their own people would take too long to gain trust within that world, thus JJ was their choice. It was hard to even think that Roman went along with that idea.

I think it's more likely that we will see Nicole find out she is pregnant by Daniel right when she reconciles with Eric though I wouldn't mind if they really had slept together in the basement. So I would be ok with any storyline that gives Nicole a child and doesn't involve her ending up with Daniel. Hell no to slow motion love scenes between gorgeous Nicole and the dirty doctor! :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: I had to FF all of Nicole's scenes today.

Not having ever pawned anything, I can't speak from experience...but would they likely even have $10,000 in cash in a pawn shop? :rolleyes:

Very likely. Most people come in to pawn shops to pawn high ticket items.

Since when does Marlena START to air at 1:26pm and then is on for less than 5 minutes??? Isn't she on contract?!?

I like this investigative side of Eric. I think they should turn him into a cop when this is all over. The show needs some younger cops aside from Rafe.

I agree that JJ will change his mind. Probably tomorrow.:rolleyes:

So, let me get this straight : Nicole helped Eric for months, trying to prove his innocence, she helped Marlena get the infamous flash drive from Kristen's purse by acting drunk, for which Marlena never even thanked her, Nicole forgave Eric for accusing her of raping him, she has been treated like dirt over and over again. Nicole destroys the evidence, because Eric had repeatedly told her it did not matter, has apologized profusely and payed for her mistakes. Yet, Marlena, the great psychiatrist, "sees something" in Serena and thinks it would be O.K. for Eric to go back to her ? Cause after all, what's a little diamonds smuggling and lying and cheating among friends/lovers, right ? :rolleyes:

I hate Paige, I hate Eve, go away, both of you ! Please !

I think this thing, as stupid as it is with JJ working undercover (and this is sooooo stupid), could be interesting though. Hey, JJ can't do worse than the other Salem PD officers/detectives, can he ?

Serena : go away !

Eric : Pick yourself up, man, stop walking around with your martyr face and start taking charge. Maybe then, you can be redeemed. Maybe...

Now, Nicole and Daniel : I don't know. Really, I don't know how I feel. Why get invested anyway, since we all know when the truth comes out, Daniel will be the poor wronged perfect guy, as usual. So I don't care. As far as the "paw" thing, I'm thinking it's something cute maybe, like an inside joke, between the actors (I think they are together in real life), so it didn't bother me that much.

Oh, no! Please don't let Nicole be involved in a "who's the daddy?" storyline with Daniel and Eric. I'm afraid they're already setting up one with Abigail, Chad and Ben. I hope neither of them happen. Been there; done that.

I don't care about this kind of storyline usually. Not with Abigail, Chad and Ben especially. But I would find it interesting if Nicole and Eric did actually make love while being prisoner and Nicole doesn't remember, but that's why she keeps thinking about it and feels so guilty (cause if it was just a few kisses, no need for all this drama). This would also explain Eric's very strong reaction now. And bring a baby for Nicole (if TIIC let her keep it this time). And it would put a damper on Nicole and Daniel. :eek: I know, right ? I would actually go for that.

Thanks for the summary.

OK, now there's really truly nobody to root for, except maybe for JJ, when he inevitably changes his mind about this whole thing. I never saw that coming---kudos to the writers for that. On the other hand, I could care less about Paige and her silly little schemes. The Donovan women are truly insufferable (Kim included). Eve, Paige, and Theresa all just need to high tail it out of Salem and go back to CA. Eve's scheme against Jennifer is truly terrible, and not just because it's cruel but because it means we'll be seeing more of Haggifer on our screens after a much-needed break from her incessant shrewery.

Marlena was an idiot. She refused to see the light in Nicole, but after everything Serena has done, she thinks Eric should give her another chance? HUH??? In WHAT WORLD does that make sense? And Eric needs to stop pouting. He might as well hire Paige to help him with taking down Xander because he'll be useless in doing so.

Nicole and Daniel---meh.

Why is Victor still having dealings with Xander? STUPID!!

Did anyone notice a new wooden door in the KMansion living room between the fireplace and the walkway to the kitchen? I've never noticed that before!

I guess the DEA realizes the Salem PD has no one more qualified than a completely un-qualified teenager to do their undercover work? And, they've watched JJ for weeks or however long, and STILL think he's just the ticket? Wowzers.
Wowzers indeed. The only way that using JJ undercover would work was if Clyde's drug business is an incompetently run as the Salem P.D. Otherwise, JJ would be the lowest of the low -- peddling drugs around the Salem U. campus. The only person he'd see is Kyle who's been told never, never to mention anything about the workings of Clyde's operation. As for Roman the brave crime fighter, he'd better hope that Jenny never learns that he was intent on putting her son in harm's way. Jen Jen probably remembers the sad fate of that other Roman drug informant, the first Arianna. This means that Roman would be the target of the mother of all nuclear rants. As for Eric, Bluebird, Xander, Eve, and Paigie-poo, please make them disappear -- soon.

I loved the fact that Eve sat in the "Brady Booth", openly reading the file on Laura, which was clearly marked "Laura Horton" on the outside. Geez, nothing like doing that in public, for all to see. You'd think she'd have read through the file in the privacy of her own apartment.

I thought the sleazy guy was going to tell Eve if she slept with him, he'd leave Paige alone.

The DEA agent reminded me of actor Emilio Estevez.

I felt bad for the Donovan family heirloom that was pawned because Paigey poo is a twit.

No rush to actually watch this then... still haven't watched yesterday.

The whole Paige/Old bloke/Eve/Eve's Ring/Whatever story sounds lame. Eve's got cash, so she goes back tomorrow and gets her ring out of hock once the bank is open. Big deal. Paige sucks at revenge as much as she sucks at everything else.

I don't get why they didn't just have Roman ask him to take a walk or something instead of cuffing him. I'm sure any smart drug lord that has evaded smarter PD's in the past is not just going to cozy up to JJ without looking into his family connections, so there is no reason to sneak him into the station. I wanted a story like this or one where he tried to leave the drug world but his big boss wouldn't let him. But that was back when I still liked JJ .

The positioning after the gross sex with Dan and Nicole would make you think he hadn't just come close to losing the love of his life :rolleyes: forever.

So Paige wanted her mom so sell a family heirloom because she is mad? I hope she knows she has used up all her victim cards. Plus Eve can go back to the pawn shop and buy the ring back for twice as much as she sold it for. I am disappointed no one in that family knows how to scheme properly. It's embarrassing

Back