Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 8, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, July 8, 2014

As the fellow on the old Laugh-In show would say.....verrrry interesting! But stupid!. LOL.
O.K. Nicole is with EJ at the jail, trading insults, as several Salemites do today. She wants a story/statement, EJ is not about to do so. Though initially he agrees to make a statement and after Nicole sets her recorder up, tells her politely to Go To Hell. They argue, he lets her know that he figures she is only trying a circular route to get on the good side of Eric. But he is Samantha's brother, she loves him, he is therefore family, and EJ feels she would be poison to Eric. She is disgusted with him, figures he & Sami are going to make each other miserable all the rest of their lives.

Eric & Theresa continue to talk in the square, he is worried about her, but she can take care of herself, since no on else will. She says something that gives him pause, she realizes he is thinking about Nicole. He does tell her how Nicole was all set to tell him of the evidence, and he cut her off, not letting her get in a word as he declared his love for her, and that he was leaving the priesthood. So...he cannot blame her in one way for what she did. But Theresa feels if Nicole cared about him, she still would have told him.

Brady & John get into a huge argument. Seems the deal Brady has worked out between Titan and Basic Black means John would have to operate from Europe. When he asks for how long, Brady shrugs, John realizes he wants to get rid of him. Brady acknowledges this is so....and then begins to rant on and on how his drinking and using is all John's fault, so if he is not there......but John notes that when he was hooked on pain pills, Brady helped him kick it, and he is not leaving him. He goes to take Brady's arm (barely touching it) when Brady gets confrontational....don't lay a finger on me. Henderson is coming into the room, and is shocked. John has his hands raised away from Brady.....is staying away, as Brady, still mad, walks out.

Sami & Kate argue about the piece of paper Kate handed to her. Sami had already promised this to Kate, but Kate doesn't trust her. They argue back and forth, (never saying what is in the paper). Sami claims she has been taking the work load, and talks of having come to Kate with this deal. Kate figures she is crossing Stefano, and that is her big risk. She reminds Sami of EJ cheating on her with the nubile young body, and that while she grows older, the parade of young, nubile bodies will always continue to be there. Sami says fine, back out, I will go it alone. Kate at first talks of not coming, then coming and voting Stefano's shares against Sami. More back and forth, Kate walks, Sami calls her back. Kate now gives her a letter that is sealed and on DiMera stationery, which should be read before the vote is taken. They have made their deal and leave.

Jordan & Rafe are still smooching in the park, with Clyde watching them, when Caroline comes along. She chats with Rafe, bemoaning the fact that Sami went ahead, married the lowlife (Rafe's words) and nothing anyone could do. Caroline states the heart wants what the heart wants. She obviously is still very fond of Rafe, is sorry to have interrupted them, but they were happy to see her. She leaves, they hug, Rafe has to go, so again no time for what she is going to tell him. But, right after work, this evening, she says she will be telling all.

Clyde has left the spying on Jordan, and gone to Club TBD to spy on Ben a bit. Ben sits with Abigail, Clyde watches for a bit, then takes off. Actually, he evidently seems to have broken into Jordan's apt. and is looking around there. Meanwhile, Ben talks with Abby about EJ being refused bail, shows her the newspaper headlines, and says something about her being involved with him. She gets indignant, but Ben only meant she was in the wedding, that investigators might come round asking what she knows. Abby figures she knows nothing, so no problem. They tell each other how much they enjoyed July 4th together, Ben goes back to work, Abby resumes whatever she was doing, but gets a call.

Rafe is in his office, gets a call, has to look at something on his computer, and well, he will be darned. He realizes that someone is out to take down Stefano and EJ, figures that person really has the stones to do that. Asks the person on the phone to dig around and see who sent this.
Eric comes into the Pub, tells Caroline he will help her with the tables. She asks if he heard anything yet from the church. No. She wonders if he will be back to being a priest. He says his name might be cleared, but he has no idea if he would be allowed to be a priest again. She thought he was the happiest when he was with the church.
She then comments that she heard Nicole talked to the Bishop. Yes, she did. Caroline's face changes as the door opens. Eric turns around, there stands Nicole. He looks at her, turns back to Caroline, says he will see her later, and heads to the kitchen with the dishes he took off the table earlier. Nicole says nothing, just a bit of lip quivering, as she looks at Caroline.

Theresa comes home to find a shirtless Brady, reclining on her sofa, drinking. He grabs her, kissing, and obviously, they have sex right there. Now he asks for some coke. She asks if that is what he really wants. Hey, he wants to party, gets a great idea, is going to surprise her, kissing her shoulder, is making arrangements for this great party on his phone, telling her she is in charge of the favors. About 2 grams should do it. Theresa doesn't look all that thrilled right now. But, she is game.

Kate & Sami are at the board meeting, everyone squeezed together around a very small table. LOL. Mr. Shin talks of Kate & Sami taking the places of Stefano & EJ, then makes a negative comment about EJ being refused bail, and an arrest warrant out for Stefano. Kate jumps in, asking the gal taking notes if she is recording it all, noting that while tone of voice is important, the written word, which is what Stefano would see, could be perceived as something different. Mr. Shin gets the point, is all nice and friendly. Kate now reads a letter from Stefano, who is sorry he & his son cannot be there, and then, praising the way Sami has turned Countess W around, making profits, nominates her for CEO. Other board members now chime in, noting Countess W is a small, very small division of the corporation, and just because Sami made a go of it, doesn't mean she can run the entire shebang. Other board members chime in, noting it was no big deal, any woman can sell lipstick.....but Sami points out that Countess W's profits were huge, and out did any of the companies run by the other board members. She even notes that one member has lost the last 3 quarters. She also comments that she has been working with her husband the past year, knows all about all the other companies and facets of the business, so is up to speed on it all. One member now figures it is time to put it to a vote. Sami gives Kate another knowing look, grinning from ear to ear.

Abigail arrives at the Jail, stands in front of EJ's cell. He is laying on his cot. You summoned me, says Abby, what do you want. EJ gets up, tells her that reporters are going to start digging into his life now, and he wants her word she will keep quiet and not say anything. She refuses, is no longer going to lie or cover for him.

I got to watch live today and it was a pretty decent episode. I still don't understand Theresa/Brady/John and at this point, I don't want to!

I continue to love Caroline and her relationship with and her respect for any guy in Sami's life that isn't EJ. :rotfl:

And speaking of EJ, the man is the brightest shade of delusional I've ever seen. He tells Nicole he's concerned about Eric because he's Sami's brother. I wonder how deeply his concern for Eric will run once he finds out Sami has shafted him. I expect his allegiance to Sami and her family will be a thing of the past before the week is over. Nicole telling him to put her down for butcher knives as a wedding gift was spot on because he and Sami are about to go to war.

Sami Brady used the word "antideluvian". I don't care how much profit CW has turned under Sami's leadership, that hardly qualifies her to be CEO of a multinational corporation. That position should have gone to Kate. That leaves me wondering what was in that letter Kate gave Sami to read during the meeting, that Sami didn't. Apparently, she's double-crossed Kate which means she know has to worry about Stefano, EJ, and Kate coming after her.

Poor John maybe he didn't bend Brady over his knees enough when he was younger. Blaming his dad for everything. Grow up Brady and admit you have made the bed so lie in it.

I bet in the letter Kate becomes Co-CEO with Sami.

DiMera Enterprises has very peculiar board meetings. First there was the concern about the hint of any impropriety connected to the company name. Was that man serious? The company bears the name of the notorious DiMera family and EJ and Stefano have been in repeated trouble with the law over the years. In sum, impropriety means DiMera and DiMera means impropriety. (Actually "impropriety" is far too mild a word to apply to anything that EJ and Stefano do.) And then there was the board vote. Sami was only voted in because the clueless board members thought Stefano wanted it that way. After the Phoenix learns of Kate and Sami's treachery, what's to prevent him from ordering a new meeting, which will toss Sami of office? As for poor John, he's like a child's punching toy. Brady clobbers him and he bounces right back for more. Finally, Nicole has been wrong on many things over the years, but she was right on target today when she said that EJ and Sami are doomed to make each other miserable until the end of time.

Maybe Sami transfers ownership of Countess Wilhelmina back to Kate (can't remember how she lost it, but seems it is rightfully hers -- and Billie's). Good thing this show isn't based in reality (in this universe at least), 'cause an undereducated twit like Sami would never be in charge of an account (unless it was the no-account account) for DiMera Enterprises, much less the entire corporation.

I thought Nicole mentioning getting Ej/Sami a set of butcher knives for a wedding present a nice touch! Why can't the writers finish a thought, when Kate handed Sami the letter why didn't Sami say Kate I already promised you this __________, fill in the blank, if it ever gets mentioned I won't care because the moment will be gone. I enjoyed Ej/Nicole today, she is the only one that can hold her own with him. I enjoyed Rafe/Caroline today, her favorite grandson-in-law. I think Brady/Theresa should go skydiving without a parachute!

I didn't understand what happened at the Board meeting. I thought Kate was reading the letter that she had handed to Sami to read? It looked like the same envelope to me. It also was not clear to me whether what happened was part of the plan or if Sami had double crossed Kate. I guess that is the cliffhanger.

In any event, I think Stefano is somehow involved and I fully expect more twists here.

Nicole and EJ are still good together. Something tells me he will be begging Nicole for a story soon. I do LOVE how he calls her Nikki though, especially since he doesn't call anyone else by a nickname.

Loved Abby standing up to EJ at the end.

Can we start a collection to send Brady out of town indefinitely until he can come back as the old Brady played by Kyle Lowder? Pretty please?!?

Jeannie Theresa is at war with herself.

The rest of the show: SNOOZE-FEST

Sami telling Kate her and EJ's relationship wasn't based on "just sex" and being unable to finish her sentence under the heavy scrutiny of Kate's side-eye (which represented the side-eye of many agreeing viewers) :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I was laughing my butt off too, because Sami knows Kate was speaking the truth. Sex is all EJ and Sami had going for them, every issue they faced was dealt with using sex.

She reminds Sami of EJ cheating on her with the nubile young body, and that while she grows older, the parade of young, nubile bodies will always continue to be there. Sami says fine, back out, I will go it alone.
Sami's comeback was AMAZING: "What is that, from the hooker handbook?"

Kate/Sami scenes were great.

Brady is a dope, I'm glad John is sticking around and didn't force the issue after things nearly got physical with his dimwitted son.

[Sami] even notes that one member has lost the last 3 quarters.
Yep, and she even had a plan for his company "that doesn't involve his fat head rolling." I like boardroom Sami.

I want to know what Sami promised Kate!! And I hope Kate gets that from her!!

Clyde - ick. Ben - boring. I'm not buying him & Abby either.

ROMAN WAS TAKEN OFF THE EJ CASE. Am I the only one hoping that this was an effect of Hope's botched investigation into Nick's murder?

Sami Brady used the word "antideluvian" [sic].
Yes, and she used it correctly and appropriately, and it put the sausage fest that was the DiMera board meeting back in her control.

Meanwhile, THE BOARD IS CONCERNED ABOUT IMPROPRIETY. That's right. The DiMera Board is concerned about an appearance of impropriety.

The Company headed by a kidnapper, murderer, and drug kingpin and managed by a murderer and rapist. Impropriety. *slams face against keypad 20 times*

Anyone who thinks EJ is wise to the plan against him is not watching the show. Meanwhile, we learned today that Rafe has no part in the plot of Kate/Sami.

Really great script lines today. Bravo!!

Heather, I also thought Kate was reading the same letter she had handed to Sami. Unless Sami has hers still sitting waiting to be read???
We also learned today that Sami came to Kate with the plan, and knew of EJ's affair, when Kate did not. and she told her about it.
I am guessing Kate is on board because of what Stefano did to her in re: Ian. (When he pretended and let Kate think he was lusting after Marlena again, perhaps even having an affair)
As Sami said to the Stefano portrait..."you've always said Stefano, revenge is best when served cold. I'm on it".

SPECULATION: I'm wondering if maybe Kate is working with Stefano instead of with Sami; I just can't believe Kate is stupid enough to go against him in this way - he may be old, but he still has all of his teeth (although they may be false or veneers). It seems possible that Stefano knows all - maybe Kate has been keeping him informed, and she has thrown both EJ and Sami to the dogs (or to the Big Dog, Steffie). If so, the board meeting may be a set-up (with Stefano having called a prior meeting to re-gain sole control), the proxy and power of attorney documents invalid since they were not witnessed or properly signed/dated, and the Golden Couple sees that the gold was Martha Stewart Crafts Liquid Gold Gilding and their "great love" (pardon me while I barf) is nothing more than a facade. Kate gets her company back and is in Stefano's good graces; EJ is disgraced, indicted, and facing prison, and no longer welcome in DiMera Enterprises; Sami is (as usual) a loser and leaves Salem in disgrace and humiliation. Kate can tell Lucas she did it for him since EJ hurt his niece, so all is well for everyone except the now tarnished not-so-golden couple. That's how I would write it, anyway.

We probably see more of the board meeting tomorrow.
So far, it's not Boring :)

I thought it was interesting Ed, the guard, tried to tell EJ no one knew
what steel cut oats were. I've seen it by oatmeal. I have no idea what it is either.

The men at the board meeting said some odd remarks about Sami being in charge
of the make up part of the company. I laughed when the man said lipstick. I thought
of EJ and all the lipstick jokes. :rotfl:

I enjoyed the scene with Rafe and Caroline.

Salem has a new peeper in town. Clyde used two peeper spots today.

Back