Days of Our Lives - Tues., July 8, 2014

Thank you for the summary. We had weather interruptions today from the local news as well as the DirecTV cutting out so only saw about the first 25 minutes or so. I hope there's another scene later on between EJ and Nicole after his affair with Abigail is revealed. She needs to make fun of him big time over that. Still loving this Sami and Kate stuff. So much fun!

Stefano has been keeping tabs on Kate (via Harold), but I think Kate has played him like a fiddle. No evidence to suggest that he knows or is wise to the plan; and let's face it, these writers make up character motivation/history to suit DA PLOT.

When is there ever evidence that Stefano is wise to a plan until such time that it suits the plot to reveal it?

Yes, and she used it correctly and appropriately, and it put the sausage fest that was the DiMera board meeting back in her control.

Regarding Sami's use of the word "antideluvian", yes, she used it correctly, but I was still stunned to hear her use it. This is the same woman who cringed when her elementary aged daughter asked for help with her science homework and who has joked about her own shortcomings in high school. And don't forget a few months ago she was asking for art lessons because she wanted to be able to hold a conversation with EJ. Sami has been portrayed as everything but an intellectual.

did anyone else notice that Sami's, Kate's and Abigail's outfits were very similar yesterday? They all had some black and white and then floral. I don't know how to pull up pictures of each of them but it just thought it was interesting.

I've noticed them do that before...where 2 characters will be wearing the same color, but never a similar pattern/color.

I'm not sure what to think about any of this anymore. I think I'm just going to have to sit back and see how it all plays out. I do think Kate has her own agenda though, as Sami has hers. Perhaps they made a backroom deal to not screw each other over, that we have to assume happened or maybe they'll refer to it somehow, in order to get what they want: Sami, to get revenge on EJ for doing to her the one thing she could never, ever forgive (pot, meet kettle); Kate to get revenge for Stefano stealing her company and breaking her heart.

I would assume that EJ & Stefano's combined shares in the company (which are now legally Sami and Kate's) outweigh the shares of most of the other board members. If that's the case, another board meeting to oust them wouldn't do a whole lot of good.

Before the meeting Kate and Sami were talking about "proxies," which give one person the authority to vote in somebody else's place. They don't transfer ownership of anything. It would be hard to imagine that Stefano would actually transfer his shares in DiMera Enterprises to anyone. EJ is just clueless enough to sign over his shares to his sweet hot, but that still seems unlikely. That said, it the bizarro world of Salem, anything can and probably will happen.

antediluvian . . . not antidiluvian. She wasn't accusing them of being against the flood, but rather of having attitudes that predated the flood. Sorry. Grammar monitor. :back:

Thank you for the spelling correction. I wasn't familiar with the word. I looked it up and found a definition pertaining to the way Sami used it - "very old, old-fashioned, or out of date; antiquated; primitive: antediluvian ideas" - which fits with the board member snarking "what woman can't sell lipstick", drawing chuckles from the others, except Mr. Shin who had a look of "please don't make them angry" on his face.

Thanks for the summary. Great episode. Didn't care for Brady and Theresa and all that but everything else was good.
Abby is finally standing up for herself. I am glad she wants to move on with Ben. Also nice to see Caroline talk to Eric and Rafe. I could have done without Rafe and Jordan smooching in the park the umpteenth time. So boring, cannot wait for their inevitable split. Clyde also needs to hurry and make his presence known. The storyline has been dragging enough as it is.

Nicole and EJ always have great scenes. I love that he still calls her Nikki. But he looks like such a dummy criticizing her for what she did to Eric. He has done far worse to her, Sami and Taylor! Glad she got the last word! Oh, amd wjo is he kidding? He doesn't give a rat's behind about Sami's family.

Kate and Sami were magic, as usual. Love the implication that her relationship with EJ is only about sex, because everyone knows this. We also learned more tidbits of how their alliance came to be. Nice snarks too.

Back