Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 13, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Kate & Andre bicker & snark at each other over the idea of getting married in order to save DiMera Enterprises from being dismantled and sold off. Andre is angry the board thinks him unstable, doesn't like having to make these decisions before morning coffee, more snark & bicker. But he finally agrees, then brings out the trusty prenup (Father always kept a big supply on hand, lol) for Kate to sign. She is not too happy about it, but knows Judge Duncan, put in a call, they can marry right away. But no sex, no sharing of beds, and Andre insists no talking to him in morning. They call Harold in to be a witness.

Later, Judge Duncan, after a few questions, especially noting Kate was married to the father and now the son? Yep, they say the I do's, joke around a bit, hurry off to the board meeting and we later see them in the square, toasting Mr. & Mrs. DiMera, and Kate's new position as CEO. Justin walks up, hears they are married, says the world has come to an end. LOL (various comments thru out about Chad, the plane, the search).

Claire is talking with Gramma Hope about her quest & desire for fame, parties with celebrities, etc. etc. Hope is rather appalled, tries to talk reason, finally asking her why she is focused on that, and not her music itself. Claire is brought down to earth, realizes what she is neglecting, and we next see her singing one of her songs as she strums her guitar, while sitting alone in the apt.

Theo sits with Abe, upset about Ciara being mad at him, and tells his dad all about setting Ciara up with Wyatt, wanting her to be happy, telling him things she liked, etc. But then he began using her, taking money, so Theo told Ciara, who is mad at him. Abe thinks she will think about it, and know Theo was trying to help her, and won't be mad any more. Theo says but she will still be in love with me. Abe is surprised, says they have always been good friends, does Theo feel the same. Nope, he is with Claire. Well, maybe it won't get serious with Claire. Theo says it already had. Abe still is sure all will eventually be well with Ciara.

At Nicole's hearing, the Judge gives her verdict. Nicole still has to pay for what she did. So...sentence to time served, plus $250,000 fine and 300 hrs. community service. A grateful Nicole hugs Chloe, thanking her for coming to say what she did. Justin pulls her away, ostensibly to sign papers, warning her not to press Chloe now, too soon, about Holly. Nicole returns to Chloe, thanks her again, wonders what made her come there. Chloe notes it was Eric, who came to talk to her. Nicole says nothing, just asks if she can look at Holly. Chloe allows this, Nik looks in the buggy, smiling, Justin pulls her away again. Chloe leaves.

Nicole is in Brady's hospital room, all happy with the sentence etc. Eric is there, she thanks Eric for what he did, but is rather cold towards him. Brady protests, Eric is o.k. with it, leaves. Brady questions Nicole about her attitude, cites how Eric saved her and Holly, brought them both back safely, and got Chloe to speak up for Nicole, enabling Nicole to be free. Sorry, Nicole just cannot ever be friends with him again. She is happy now, Brady is recovering, they will get that family life back again, as they had in Canada, Brady laments it won't be with his hardware store. They laugh, hug.

Chloe is in her room, I guess, knock at the door, there is Parker and her mom, Nancy. Chloe hugs her son, saying Holly, your brother is here. He runs over to the crib, smiles, then asks when is mom going to give Holly to Nicole. Nancy asks the same question, Chloe is avoiding the issue, but Nancy is very firm. Nicole is her mother, she has wanted a baby for so long, gone thru so much. You do have to return Holly to her mother.

Claire finished her song, then picks up that camera, deletes the sex video, calls Jade, tells her she did so. Jade protests a bit, Claire says that had better be the only copy, uh, oh, no, she did not delete the trash on Theo's computer. She will do that right away.

Theo has come back, Claire has noted she is working on her music again, promises she is done with being such a poo, (her words) never again. Theo goes off to his room, returns, Claire asks for his laptop, hers running slow, she wants to do something quick. He left it at Dad's office, so dad could see the old family pics.

And in Abe's office, he is fooling with the laptop, telling Hope about the old pics, one of her & Lexie he wants to show her. She comes round to his side to see, oops he accidentally deleted it. Not to worry, says Hope, is in the trash, just open it and you can get it. He does. What the heck is this? The video begins to play, Is that Theo...oh my gosh, that is Claire.

Claire is brought down to earth, realizes what she is neglecting, and we next see her singing one of her songs as she strums her guitar, while sitting alone in the apt.
I was really interested in these scenes, but my station did its usual Days feed bugfight. I saw on twitter that the Kate/André scenes were fun and snarky. Sounds like a good episode. Meanwhile, do videos play in the Recycle Bin? I know I have to "undelete" photos to look at them if I accidentally delete something.

After all the evil deeds of which Andre is guilty, it is astounding that Kate has no fear or worries of being his wife. (Although I think andre has been toned down quite a bit from his days of murder and mayhem.)

I was sooo happy that Justin was able, with difficulty, to muzzle Nicole after the court hearing!!!!! :clap:

Just knew that she was going to start playing her old, broken record for Chloe. She needs to learn that, often, it's better to give others a little time to adjust. And then, at the hospital, Brady had to shut her down, again. :clap: That was a bit of a pleasant surprise! Message to Nicole: Count your blessings!

Was that the first-ever Claire/Grandma long, meaningful conversation? :eek:

Once again, the only-in-Salem legal system was on display. (This time in the person of Judge Duncan, the jurist who's so in need of campaign contributions that she'd marry two people without a marriage license.) Kidnapping in Illinois (where Salem is usually presumed to be) is a class 2 felony. Under the state's complex sentencing guidelines, the least the long-suffering Ms. Walker should have received is four years probation. And it's a good thing that nobody seems to remember that back in 2009, Nicole also kidnapped Sydney. If they had, she would be on her way to meet Sheila and Coco in state prison.

As for Andre, sadly he has no case against that meanie, Mr. Shin. Even if Shin told the most outrageous lies about Chad's big brother, he only has a five-cent lawsuit because his reputation is already so bad that no level of slander could actually harm it.

Speaking of Andre, his unlikely union with Kate was at least free of the pretense that the couple would live happily ever after, unlike such disastrous unions as Sami-Lucas, Hope-Aiden, Chad-Abigail, Lucas-Chloe, etc. Finally, the line of the day goes to Andre for "Father married almost as many times as he died."

unlike such disastrous unions as Sami-Lucas, Hope-Aiden, Chad-Abigail, Lucas-Chloe
Or Sami-Austin, Sami-EJ, Sami-EJ round 2, Sami-Brandon, Sami-Rafe, Chloe-Brady, Chloe-Philip, Chloe-Daniel...wait, maybe it's not Salem, just two stupid women, a bunch of oversexed men, and a hot mess of crappy writing.

Thanks for the summary. So glad finally that Chloe came to her senses (but I still want her to leave town) and that Nicole has "won" for once. I do wish she'd be a bit nicer and more grateful to Eric though. I can understand not being that close to him again (even if I'm tired of all the whining about Daniel), but at least be warmer.

The stuff with Jade and Theo and Claire is beyond stupid. I'm just not even gonna comment on that.

Kate and Andre sounds funny. I look forward to seeing more of their scenes---believe it or not, makes watching both of them more tolerable.

For once I enjoyed a episode of Days of our Lives! A sexless marriage is probably the only marriage that would last for Kate, LOL! By the way, what was that ensemble she was wearing? All bright hot pink, looked a little whacky mad scientist. Loved how Parker acknowledged Holly as Nicole's daughter! Bam Chloe!

I thought Kate's attire at "breakfast" was bizarre till I saw what they chose for her bridal outfit. OK did anyone see them sign and notarize the prenup. You KNOW this won't end well.

Somehow I think Claire will lose Theo over the sex tape. If Ciara is returning, I think he may move on with her. Claire needs to come clean that Jade did this. Hope needs to tell Steve and Kayla and confront Jade in front of Tripp. His vendetta against Kayla is just dumb. He needs some sense knocked into him.

How can these kids on here with technology constantly in their hands not know that you don't just delete an item and not permanently delete it from your trash. I am way beyond their years - and I do mean WAY - and I know that.

Was that the first-ever Claire/Grandma long, meaningful conversation? :eek:

Indeed it was. It was also the first solo scene we've gotten with them since Claire returned in November 2015. Hope does well in supportive mother/grandmother roles. Let's get her kids back to Salem and focus on more of this type of thing.

I enjoyed Hope and Abe's reactions to the video at the end. Too bad we haven't had a long term build up with Hope and Claire. It almost would make more sense for it to be Marlena and Abe. Too bad we know Marlena and Jihn are out of town because I'd love to see Claire sit down with all of her grandparents and discuss this.

Kate and Andre: HARD PASS

Shut up Nicole just shut up. Glad Brady defended his brother.

Who knew $250,000 wouldn't even cause Nicole to bat an eyelash? :rolleyes:

Pleasantly surprised by Nancy calling out Chloe. Nice to see Parker too. Now can we reverse his paternity?

Last edited:
Thanks,Poirot.

I was right. The video was in the trash bin and it didn't get on the internet.

I'm glad Grandma Hope talked some sense into Claire about music vs fame.

Parker is in town. And out of the mouth of babes, he wondered when Holly was
going back to Nicole. Nice seeing Nancy too.

A good show especially with Andre and his quips. He mentioned her longest marriage
was two days.Judge told Kate he was well trained. Interesting to learn there are
prenups in the closet.

Since I can't see show in closed captioning I'm not sure what Harold said at the
mansion. I think he said he hoped to catch the bouquet.

Back