Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 14, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Shawn is in the Pub, Belle arrives, sorry to be late, babbles fast about working on the case for Nicole, trying to anticipate whatever Justin may come up with on the murder charge against Nik. Tis fine. Caroline comes out with menus, surprised, but tickled to see them together, even asking if this means they are getting back together. Awkward moment. She takes away the menus, saying something about tasting menus. Belle & Shawn talk, nicely, both seemingly willing to put into the past their former ways of dealing with disagreements. He will not be so judgemental, she will cease being so lawyer like, having to win every argument. Caroline returns with a bottle of wine, to help with the mood.

Nicole is with Rafe, complaining about being railroaded by Kate. No she doesn't want a beer, she goes thru the whole video Kate took, conveniently ending when Nicole left, but notes if Kate took the video, she was at the scene, and still there when Nicole left. They go over no body, but Kate claiming to be married, Nicole is convinced Kate killed Deimos to get his fortune, thus Victor's money.

Philip comes to see Victor, who is mean, snarky & still unforgiving. Philp betrayed Victor, he won't forgive him for that. Philip retorts with how Victor was never the perfect father either, made mistakes. Vic is not moved. He told Philip if he got rid of Deimos, he would forgive him, so unless Phil is involved with Deimos being gone now, forget it. Philp mentions being blackmailed, Vic doesn't care, Phil should have come to him. Philip finally takes his leave, Victor drops the bombshell about Kate being Deimos's grieving widow. Phil is not happy with both his parents.

Chloe helps a limping Deimos into her living room, it is thundering, lightning and pouring rain outside. To the sofa, she thinks he needs a doc, he is bleeding, it needs stitches. Deimos insists he is fine, asks to take a shower. She finally agrees, will rumage up something for him to wear, will have to bandage his wounds, & it will sting like hell. Later, she is bandaging the last of the injuries, he says good job, she says he dad is a doctor, now she wants answers, but he needs some sleep. Will tell all a bit later. He naps on the sofa, as Chloe recalls their meeting. Seems she was singing in a club, when her set was done, he compliments her on her singing, especially the last song, which sounded personal. She may sing about it, doesn't talk about it. He apologizes, wants to buy her a drink, she refuses, he pesters nicely, she agrees to just one. He says his name is Robert Tasso, asks her where she came from...and gee, what a co-incidence. He knows Salem, asks her if she knows the Kiriakis family, has done business with Titan, with Vic and his son, too. She notes she & Philip are friends for years.

Kate is on the phone, blackmailing someone to testify they saw Deimos & Kate getting married, she describes what she was wearing, the bridge beautiful in peau de soie. Victor arrives with a bottle of champagne, his wonderful, snarky, joking self, wanting to comfort the grieving widow, etc. etc. He is smiling, grinning, and talking of how he can tell Roman he heard Nicole talk of hating Deimos for what he did to Maggie, how she wanted to kill him, yada yada. Kate is not moved. But then he talks of what he could say about Kate, which would negate her story of being married to Deimos. Question the validity of the marriage certificate, among other things. he points out all the fallacies of her story against Nicole, including the fact that the marriage certificate provides motive for her, plus the video proves she was there in the clearing as well. He tells her she did not think things through. Kate says she would be left with nothing, Vic laughs, NOW we are negotiating. She can keep the money, keep the house, but sign Titan over to him. She contemplates.

Philip meets up with a blond in a sexy black dress, in the bar (at first imagining she is Belle, but realizing his mistake.... and they are in his room, tearing at each other's clothes, are on the bed, she is kneeling over him, taking off his shirt, kissing all over, his eyes are closed, he murmurs "I want you so much, Belle"....Ooops.. The actions stops, Lisa gets buttons back up, Phil is trying to say that he did not say Belle, it was Bella, meaning beautiful. Lisa isn't buying this, she was not looking for anything big deal, but certainly for herself. He is claiming he knows her name, Laura. WRong!! Lisa hurries out.

Shawn & Belle have left the Pub, having Caroline pack up their order to takeout. They got tired of the interruptions every 5 minutes. And here comes Nicole, wanting to talk all about her case, etc. Shawn & Belle tell her....this is bad time, no go. Nicole leaves in a huff, goes to a bar, calling Dario to meet her for a drink, she needs a friend right now.

Shawn & Belle sit on a bench and dig into the food. Later he has walked her home, to the door, they are having a nice time, she thanks him for the evening, it was fun. He gives her quick kiss, leaves, she fumbles with her keys, opening the door, but Shawn returns, and plants a huge, passionate kiss on her, which she returns.

Kate calls philip, tells him it is imperative she see him, first thing in the morning, at the mansion.

Deimos is dreaming of when Kate confronted him, pushed him, and into the river he went. He wakes with a start, Chloe is bringing tea. She wants answers now. He tells her their meeting in Chicago was not accidental, he knew who she was when he went into the bar. His name not Robert Tasso as he told her, but Deimos Kiriakis. He is Victor's brother, Philip's uncle. Phil never knew about him because Vic never talked of him. He says someone tried to kill him. She wants to call police. Nope, he doesn't want anyone knowing where he is, or that he is alive. Chloe is growing more and more wary, Deimos is promising that she is in no danger whatsoever. He just needs her help, she is the only one he can trust. He promises to tell her his entire story, and after she hears it, if she wants him to go, he will.

Last edited:
Side note.........Lisa is being played by Billy Flynn's (Chad) girlfriend. Also, I got interrupted for about 10 minutes in the middle, so hopefully, did not miss anything really important. (mostly it was Victor with Kate)

Neither.......Chloe mentions her place is out in the middle of no where, it is pouring rain, if her driveway floods she won't even be able to get out to get him to a dr. or hospital. She also mentions having broken up with the boyfriend in chicago, (which is why she was singing that personal sad song in her set when she met Deimos.

Why can't every episode be like this? Nice mix of characters, some romance, some humor, a little darkness, and some plotting. I do think they should have continued Joey's story today but other than that, I enjoyed it.

Great scenes with Shawn and Belle. I realize they are a bit out of left field and should have been seen sooner but I'll still take it. Caroline and Nicole were some nice added humor for them too. I think Belle should have dressed down though.

Oh Rafe and Nicole why can't you 2 be a couple instead of all these forced pairings you're both in?

Love Victor calling out Kate. Interesting that he doesn't care about the mansion, at least not yet.

Deimos and Chloe: Interesting. There was a lot of mention of Philip in that conversation. I think Chloe's house is a familiar set too. It looked like the place where Anna held Sydney as well as Dr. Chyka's hideout. And a long time ago after his divorce, I think Roman lived there as well.

I agree with Heather, I thought this episode was better then the last few.

Good chemistry with the characters today: Nicole and Rafe (would love them as a couple), Kate and Victor are always good for some snark and even Deimos and Chloe had me paying attention.

The title of this episode could have been entitled "Dirty Dancing" because of how devious Victor and conniving Kate waltzed around over how much of her ill-gotten gains Ms. Blue Chunk can hang onto. It would have been interesting to see their faces if they'd suddenly been told that Deimos was alive and doing rather well under Chloe's care especially since neither one of them holds the torch singer in high regard. Speaking of Kate, she has no sense of humor. Victor calling her a "warm compassionate scorpion" actually was funny. Also her current conspiracy involves unreliable people -- shyster Aiden and some loser whom she's blackmailing. As for the object of Kate's dirty plans, Nicole, the Hernandez whose advice she should take is Rafe's not conman Dario's. Finally, it was good to see a Caroline playing the genial host and not having visions or suffering from some only-in-Salem medical condition.

Last edited:
Finally, it was good to see a Caroline playing the genial host not having visions or suffering from some only-in-Salem medical condition.
I was thinking about Caroline and her visions today. It's too bad she lost them and didn't get a chance to truly tap into them.

Imagine her having your food and/or drinks on the table as you walked into the Brady Pub, because she had a vision of what you'd order. Business would be booming. She'd have lines around the block. :rotfl:

Caroline: Come in Abe, I have your table all set. A cold beer and a bowl of hot clam chowder.
Or: Nicole, your dirty martini is ready at table six.
Or: Shawn and Belle, here's a takeout bag with Brady Burgers, fries, coleslaw and two iced teas.
Or: Rafe, your Wanchai Ferry is coming out right now.

So it appears the redemption of Deimos has begun and I'm not sure I buy it. There are two big hurdles they have to get over: 1) Deimos poisoning Maggie and 2) his involvement in Bo's captivity. I'm not sure how he can come back from those two things. All though I have to say I think the Bo thing is probably the bigger hurdle as I haven't seen that many people upset over Maggie which kind of surprises me maybe she's not the beloved character I thought she was.

One thing that will make it easier for me to go along with this is they put the Deimos and Nicole thing to bed. I say this not only because I really like her with Dario but I because I just don't see the chemistry between Deimos and Nicole. And honestly I'm not sure we're supposed to because Deimos is NOT in love with Nicole but is merely fixated on her because of her resemblance to Helena. He needs to get over that to win me over.

I'm not saying it's totally impossible for Deimos to get some redemption. I don't think they'll every try to make him a "good guy" in the mode of Steve or John but will keep in more of a gray area then he is now. And it's not like he's Kylo Ren (from Star Wars: The Force Awakens who did the one thing that makes him totally irredeemable in my eyes. Whenever I pop that movie into my DVD player I still feel rage when THAT scene occurs.) But I digress. Other then that particular character I'm pretty forgiving. After all my beloved Gabi hasn't been a complete angel. And for the record I will deny to my dying day that I ever typed those words. LOL

LOL, Troy, even when I disagree with you, you make me smile, even chuckle a bit.

I love Vincent Irrizzary (Deimos), I truly do, but Deimos ONLY redeeming factor is that he has been very honest with some Salemites. It surprised me. But that does not mean he is being redeemed. So, he admitted to Chloe he used an alias, used her, told her his real name, etc. But he still doesn't want anyone to know he is alive. Why is that? And what exactly will he tell Chloe of his "story"?

Yes, Deimos poisoned Maggie. But his intention was not to cripple her, kill her, etc. The intention was to get her to the point where she might die, and thus he was ready with papers for Vic to sign, and the antidote, all the while watching it all like a hawk, or a security camera. LOL

(I think many feel Vic deserves to have lost - at least for a while - everything, and as to Maggie, I think most feel she will be walking again, however it happens. )

And yep, I feel Gabi is so underused, along with JJ, and I have to say, I would rather see story with them than any with Summer, Lani, Simone, Dirk, or any of the losers in that commune.

maybe she's not the beloved character I thought she was.
Not since this phony-baloney history re-re-write about her daughter Summer!

I'm still firmly Team Deimos even though I didn't like his attitude with Nicole at the river bank. I'd love him to get ultra-revenge on Kate and I'm all for Chloe helping. (It would be a wonderful twist if Chloe somehow forced Kate into prostitution this time.)

Victor was in top form. I'm actually feeling kinda bad for Philip...why couldn't Lani have gotten involved with him (though I am sick of him and his nephew as romantic rivals).

Really liked the Shawn and Belle scenes. Very believable and nicely acted. I really like smiling, slow Belle and lawyer Belle. As long as she knows when to be which. (Too much to hope that the 'Maine affair' was a DiMera hoax and gets a re-write?)

I've been thinking about that Maine affair too and am hopeful it is either revealed to be Philip or is somehow erased. The only reason I mention Philip is it's not really in character for Belle to sleep around. I really like the writing Belle and Shawn are getting right now--this is how you write a slow burn romance between a rooting couple. And they are really wonderful together.

I also think the show may be trying to redeem Deimos and this may be the beginning of it. I don't know how he will come back from the Bo stuff either but I guess they could always blame Yo Daddy for it? Both Kate and Victor will need a serious comeuppance after this. I wouldn't be surprised if Victor and Maggie end up divorced.

Nice to have a Craig Wesley shoutout today too. Yesterday was Tommy Horton. Who will it be tomorrow?

I'm glad Deimos told Chloe right away who he really was. Chloe mentioned
Chicago two hours from Salem.

Will Deimos tell Chloe the truth about what he's done in Salem?

I wonder if Parker was at a sleep over since he wasn't on or mentioned today.

I laughed when Chloe said "Please don't die on my couch". Too bad we
didn't get to hear her sing.

Nice to see Victor in a suit.It didn't take him long to figure out what Kate did and
probably not married to Deimos. I'm surprised he didn't want the money or the house,
just Titan.

Enjoyed Belle and Shawn.

Heather, you're right about Chloe's house. It's where Anna was with Sydney.

rs, sorry you can't hear the show. Turn on closed captioning and see if
that works.

LOL, Troy, even when I disagree with you, you make me smile, even chuckle a bit.

I love Vincent Irrizzary (Deimos), I truly do, but Deimos ONLY redeeming factor is that he has been very honest with some Salemites. It surprised me. But that does not mean he is being redeemed. So, he admitted to Chloe he used an alias, used her, told her his real name, etc. But he still doesn't want anyone to know he is alive. Why is that? And what exactly will he tell Chloe of his "story"?

Yes, Deimos poisoned Maggie. But his intention was not to cripple her, kill her, etc. The intention was to get her to the point where she might die, and thus he was ready with papers for Vic to sign, and the antidote, all the while watching it all like a hawk, or a security camera. LOL

(I think many feel Vic deserves to have lost - at least for a while - everything, and as to Maggie, I think most feel she will be walking again, however it happens. )

And yep, I feel Gabi is so underused, along with JJ, and I have to say, I would rather see story with them than any with Summer, Lani, Simone, Dirk, or any of the losers in that commune.

Poirot just knowing my posts entertain you even if we disagree makes me smile.

I will say that my post about Deimos being redeemed was pretty much speculation on my part. And maybe "redemption" was too strong of a word. Because as I said I don't see him becoming a "good guy" exactly.

But I do see them trying to soften him a bit whether they will succeed or if I'm even right of course remains to be seen.

But to once again reference Star Wars I can see them trying to position Deimos somewhere between Darth Vader (who I guess would be Victor since Stefano is gone) on one side of the spectrum and Luke Skywalker (although I'm not sure who fill that role on the show currently).

As to your point about Gabi and JJ well all I can say is Amen.

And in case any of you are wondering yes I do think Star Wars holds the key to life's questions. Some would say that's The Godfather films. As great as the first two are; the third one was good but in my opinion but doesn't quite reach the pinnacle of excellence set by the first two. I say nope look to that Galaxy far far away.

Last edited:
The story with Belle & Maine is that she had an affair with a married neighbor. I doubt that was Philip. Belle has admitted it, admitted her mistake, to which Shawn said they both made mistakes. He denies anything going on with him & Lani. just a casual "thing",. while she admitted Philip was more than that, but eventually said that was over, done, and no more.

I have love the interaction between Belle & Shawn, such a shame it took so long for them to share scenes. Caroline was a kick at her trying to "help" it all along.

Victor has never been "redeemed" just softened for some moments (like with Maggie) but right back to his old ways with others and I like him that way. Perhaps that is what they will do with Deimos (or am I hoping for too much?). I thought Nicole and Rafe were good together, although I can see her with Brady too. Liked Shawn and Belle today.

If Victor gets Titan back, does that mean Nicole works for him? Just asking.

Since she is supposedly CEO or something, yep....she would be working for Vic if he gets it back.

However, if Kate has her way, and supposedly "inherits from her dead husband....then Nik would be working for Kate.

Back