Days of Our Lives - Tues. June 2, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Long Goodbye One long, long, sad & tearful goodbye to Melanie is the theme of the show today, as Molly Burnett, who plays Melanie, bids farewells to her family & friends throughout the show. Brady is refusing to accept that she is going to leave, and storms out of the apt., sitting in the park, thinking. Melanie goes to the hospital to see Maxine (and I am guessing, quit her job, and then gets to see and feed Tate, saying goodbye to him. She is all suited up in protective clothing, and talks to him. Later, she is dressed, telling Serena, who is talking of leaving for Hawaii herself, both promising to keep in touch. Nicole comes out of the elevator, sees them, Serena leaves, Nicole sees Melanie looking so upset, they have a nice conversation, with Mel asking Nicole to mend whatever has her & Daniel apart, that Daniel really loves her so much. She says she considers Nicole a friend, surprising Nicole, hugs, tears, etc.

Replay of Will & Sonny's honesty hour, Will asking Sonny if he still loves Paul. Sonny says he is in love with Will, who gets mad because Sonny avoids answering. They go back & forth, argue, with Will getting angry, figuring Sonny still does. Sonny protests that Paul is back in town for John, Will thinks if John was in Cleveland, Paul would be right here in Salem. Sonny gets ticked off, telling Will that he is in love with him, made a commitment to him, Arianna, their family. Will thinks that sounds like going to a mental institution. Sonny really gets upset, telling lhim that he did not cheat on Will, he did not sleep with Paul, that Will did, not him. Will, of course, wonders then how long Sonny is going to throw that up in his face. (Egads!) Knock, knock, Clyde arrives for interview, bringing Kate with him. Sonny says there he is, and takes off.

Earlier, Clyde sits having coffee with Kate, who has told of Justin now supposedly keeping an eye on her, she is not worried, she will show he is not needed. Clyde thinks there is more to it than that. He asks kate to come with him to Will's. We rejoin them after Will has finished a short interview, surprising Clyde. Will's claims he got info from Poplar Bluff, everyone thinks he is great, admits one didn't. Clyde wants to know what Jeremiah said, reads the notes, and insists Will include it all in the article. He admits he was not a nice person, and wants folks to know a man can change for the better. He leaves, Kate stays, wanting to know what Sonny was so upset about. Will blames Paul being in town.

Sonny meets up with Paul in the park, they talk. Paul mentions seeing Tate, and then a man playing catch with his son, wishing he had that, even though his grandfather did so. He still feels like he missed out. Then it is again that he loves Sonny, but since he just had a fight with Will, he is not hanging around now. He wants them to be together, not because Sonny is mad, but because it is the way it should be.

Xander & Serena are on the phone, she tells him she only told Nicole she was leaving town, so pointless to try getting dirt on her. She warns Xander to leave her alone. Xander says if she is going, what does she care what he does. He is going to send her a memento of their adventures, she tells him to keep it, doesn't want it. Hangs up. Xander put a photograph into a brown envelope, putting Serena's name on the outside. She meets up with Eric, who tells her he has not told his family yet, especially with his mom having such a bad time in Italy, but promises to follow her within a week.

Brady is all suited up protectively, holding Tate, talking to him over how much he loves him, how much Mel has given up, and how HE is taking Tate home from the hospital, will always be there for him, etc. etc.

Daniel & parker are playing Go Fish in the square, Maggie arrives, they have to hurry back to the apartment. They do, find a note from Melanie propped against Freddie the elephant. She comes in a few minutes, Maggie takes parker to his room, Daniel & Mel have a sad father/daughter good bye. Then she has some alone time with Maggie, thanking her for her influence on her life. Daniel gets the suitcase, he, Parker & Maggie all go to the car, while Melanie takes a minute to say goodbye to the apartment, I guess.

Nicole is in her office (I thought at first she was wearing a bathing suit, lol) talking of Serena leaving, how she can get the elephant, she cannot go to the apartment. And in comes Xander. Nicole is rather wary, Xander is charming, telling her no need for them to sneak around now, things have happened, and Uncle Vic & Maggie are having a dinner party for the family, he wants her to come as his date. Nicole doesn't think Vic would be too happy about that, but Xander presses her. He is all smiles, charm and up close.

As Melanie takes a last look around the apt. there stands Brady. He came, had been thinking, and is no longer going to protest, because he trusts her. Trusts Mel to know what she wants to do, has to do, because she loves him so much. She not only got his son back, she now gave him back a second time. He promises to think of her whenever Tate smiles, laughs, cries, whatever...because she is responsible for him being able to see that. Kissing thru tears on both their parts. He insists he is taking her to the airport, because he needs to spend every possible second with her they have left. Out the door, into the hall, laughing a bit. The door closes.

Serena gets a text from Eric to come home, he misses her. She smiles, is on her way. At his apartment, Eric answers the door to a messenger with an envelope for Serena. Eric signs for it, puts it on the table. Later, he is typing away on the laptop, knocks his coffee all over the envelope, hastily picks it up, has to open to save the contents.
Serena arrives, a solemn looking Eric is holding the photograph, asking her if she wants to tell him what this is all about. We see the photo is on Xander & Serena in bed!

Serena arrives, a solemn looking Eric is holding the photograph, asking her if she wants to tell him what this is all about. We see the photo is on Xander & Serena in bed!
WOW! I'm surprised we didn't have weeks of near misses with the photograph, while it eventually ended up in Ciara's backpack.

The one nice thing about the show being so bad and/or boring lately is it takes me about 20 minutes to watch it. I zipped through the Melanie goodbye scenes and the Serena/Xander/Eric saga. I watched the Nicole scenes. I actually liked the ones with her and Melanie. When Melanie told Nicole to stop putting herself down I almost fell over. Yes!! That was great. But then she told her to patch things up with her dad and the moment was over. LOL.

Will is a real piece of work. Other than Arianna, I really can't see ANY reason why Sonny would want to stay married to him. I liked the scenes with Sonny and Paul and was happy to see Paul be an adult and walk away from Sonny. He said something like, "if anything is going to happen between us, I don't want it to be because you had a fight with Will." Good for him. Although, I do see a hookup in their future. I just hope Sonny either divorces or at least separates from Will before going down that path.

I liked the scenes with Sonny and Paul and was happy to see Paul be an adult and walk away from Sonny. He said something like, "if anything is going to happen between us, I don't want it to be because you had a fight with Will." Good for him. Although, I do see a hookup in their future. I just hope Sonny either divorces or at least separates from Will before going down that path.

That line right there Sparkster screamed anvil to me. I think they will eventually end up together in some way not because of what's happening between Will and Sonny but because Sonny wants Paul.

Paul's comments to Sonny today about what he missed not having John in his life as a child also reinforced my thoughts about his scene yesterday visiting Tate in the hospital. I think right now he's genuinely regretting the family he didn't have growing up and he wants to get to know John, Brady, and his nephew. This is what's endearing me to him most at the moment.

Melanie, Melanie, Melanie!

I know there are a lot of people who don't like the fact they made John Paul's father but I like that it gives Paul something to do other than argue with Will or pine after Sonny. It's nice seeing characters interacting with more than just a small group of people. I loved the scene yesterday of Paul looking in on Tate and hope there are more scenes to come with Brady and Tate. It would be nice to see a family dinner with John, Marlena, Paul and Brady discussing Belle. I don't know if John even mentioned Belle to Paul. Hopefully Paul will get to meet Belle soon. :)

I think Melanie got a great sendoff/goodbye from the writers. What astonished me was that it was an entire episode, and then some, for only being here the past 6 months. We have had Jack, Steve,Bo, all on the show for years and years, and in some cases, they barely had a chance to even wave goodbye. LOL And plenty of others who may have been on the show for 2-3 years, maybe longer. The list is long. But.....it all was very moving. I was glad Melanie got to talk to Nicole, and say what she did.

I am so over this Will and Sonny fighting all the time. Will had every reason to question Sonny's true feelings for Paul. If Sonny says he loves Will then Will has to be number one in this marriage and forget about Paul. Sonny brings up the cheating and yet people forget it was Sonny who first cheated on Will by kissing Paul at the hospital and then tried to keep his relationship with Paul a secret. Come on Sonny and own up you still have feelings for Paul and that he is a distraction to your marriage. Will has been no angel in all of this but Sonny needs to come to terms with his feelings for 2 men.

Sonny brings up the cheating and yet people forget it was Sonny who first cheated on Will by kissing Paul at the hospital and then tried to keep his relationship with Paul a secret.
Paul grabbed Sonny and kissed him, unexpectedly. And Sonny kept quiet because Paul was in the closet and wanted to keep their prior relationship under-wraps for Paul's sake.

The thing with Will and Sonny is Will's cheating and betraying his marriage vows has become all about Sonny's past with Paul, when everything should be about Will's infidelity (This reminds me so much of Sami trying to make Rafe feel guilty for being friends with Carrie after she cheated with EJ). Will actually had the gall to ask how long Sonny was going to throw the affair in his face, as if it happened 2 or 3 years ago and not 2 or 3 months ago. Nothing about Will's cheating has been resolved. Sonny still has no clue why Will did it because Will always finds a way to redirect conversation to Sonny and Paul's "relationship". Even yesterday, during "honesty hour", no mention was made of why Will ended up in bed with another man.

In an actual therapy session, this would be addressed. Will claims to own up to his mistake but owning up to a mistake and addressing the issues that led to the mistake are two very different things. Yeah, Sonny could tell Will Paul kissed him when he first saw him when arriving in Salem. What leverage would that give Will? NONE because Will already knows Paul wants Sonny and I personally didn't see that kiss as Sonny cheating. If anything could be labeled a mistake in all of this, it would be that kiss, certainly not Will's affair, as he has attempted to white wash it as.

While I do think that Sonny isn't being completely honest with Will or Paul (or himself for that matter) about his feelings for Paul it just doesn't compare to what Will did which is what Will is trying to do to assuage his own guilt. He's trying to convince himself and manipulate Sonny into believing that they are on par with each other and they just aren't. Sonny has said mostly the right things with Paul (e.g. "I'll always care about you but I'm committed to my marriage") and has yet to act on any impulses with Paul but he's definitely still drawn to him. Today, I felt like Will was practically goading Sonny into having an affair with Paul saying "he'll draw you in with his charm and those beautiful eyes you just can't resist, just like he did with me." At this point I really wouldn't blame Sonny for going after Paul. I half expected Sonny to pull Paul into a kiss when they were talking today.

I disagree, Sway. Paul kissed Sonny, not the other way around. Sonny pushed Paul away. Will cheated on Sonny twice--he slept with Paul that one time, then another day, nearly slept with him again! Sonny may still love Paul but he hasn't acted on anything. On the other hand, Will has been despicable. He's lied about his affair with Paul and gone overboard on obsessing over Paul and even his mother Tori, and he's lied again and again about his harebrained schemes regarding that! Sure, Sonny messed up at times, but none of it compares to what Will has done. Frankly, I'm hoping that Sonny just divorces Will and sleeps with Paul for good measure.

Good episode today. I loved Melanie's scenes, especially with Nicole. But I'm gonna agree that it isn't fair for her to have such a huge goodbye tour when vets leaving the soap didn't get the same amount, or more, airtime for this (with the exception of Sami). Still, great acting.

As annoying as the whole Serena/Xander/Eric storyline is, I'm so glad the truth is now exposed!

I do agree. Paul grabbed Sonny into an unexpected kiss at the hospital, Sonny had done nothing to encourage it. Sonny tried to tell Will today, that Paul was his first love, they were together for a year, and did not break up because they no longer loved each other. It was because Paul wanted everyone to think he was straight, and Sonny could not live like that.

While Will keeps insisting he is afraid Paul will take Sonny away, he seems to be doing and saying everything he possibly could to force Sonny into leaving him. He actually has the colossal nerve to yell at Sonny, trying to make what is wrong between them Sonny's fault. I loved Sonny telling him that he did not cheat on Will, he did not lie about his married state, it was Will who did that, and somehow now it is Sonny's fault. Ugh.

Does Will perhaps really WANT Sonny to leave him, perhaps, so he can garner sympathy, and have an excuse for having pointed fingers at Paul all this while to anyone who would listen?

It seems like such a short time ago that Will was one of my favorite characters. Now I can hardly stand to look at him. In my opinion one does not turn love on and off the way Will seems to think Sonny should. Will tells Sonny that he can't love 2 people at the same time. Since when?!! Sonny has no reason to NOT love Paul. I think it is perfectly natural that Sonny would continue to have very deep feelings for Paul, but Sonny has chosen to continue to honor his vows to Will. If this marriage doesn't last it will be Will's undoing -- but of course he will blame everyone but himself.

...Although, I do see a hookup in their future. I just hope Sonny either divorces or at least separates from Will before going down that path.

With these writers, let's not hold our breath. :sick:

I can't even with the rest of the Will/Sonny stuff. I hope Daniel sees Melanie off to the airport and doesn't come back for a while. LOL

Just to add. There was at least 1 elephant in the photo as well. So, I'm guessing that is what Eric was most upset about.

As I said on twitter, I'm glad The Melanie Jonas Show is now over. It's taken almost 2 weeks for her to exit Salem since Brady's proposal. Good grief, good riddance and good-bye! No other storyline has showed any movement in this timeframe since the egg family has been hogging up the airtime. Some good acting yes however, that still doesn't mean these couples have chemistry.

My guess is Daniel will be on again tomorrow as well since the elephant will be discussed by Eric and Serena. Lucky us.:rolleyes:

Since I didn't dislike Melanie I didn't mind her good-bye scenes for the most part. Indeed I felt some of them like the ones with Nicole (surprisingly) were actually quite nice and I liked them. Some I felt were a bit over the top such as the scenes with Brady. They actually made me think of the scenes in "Interstellar" when Matthew McConagahey is trying to say good-bye to his daughter and she's not having it. Then I remembered that noble Melanie is joining an expedition to explore the Andromeda Galaxy and will never ret--- what's that? She's just going to Europe?

Well wouldn't that mean since Brady has access to a private jet he could I don't know go and visit her pretty much anytime the fancy strikes him? Yeah, that's what I thought. Perspective is a good thing to have kids.

Will and Sonny- I'm at the "whatever" point with this story it's just going in the same circles over and over. There comes a time when you have to realize that things aren't working and cut your losses and I believe for these two that time has come. :(

Eric/Serena/Xander- Goodness gracious great balls of Fire! Eric knows about Serena and Xander's little tryst now. This is a game changer folks I tell ya I'm just so---oh wait, nope, sorry, still don't care. :)

I hope Daniel sees Melanie off to the airport and doesn't come back for a while. LOL
Good idea. Dr. McScruffy needs a break from all the Salem nastiness and the cloying presences of his adoring egg-mommy, so what could be better than a trip to Vienna where he can see the sights, awe the local doctors with his brilliance, scope out the ladies, sip wine, quaff beer, and chow down on various wursts and schnitzels? Sadly, for him, the Danube River is not suitable for surfing. As for Mel's tearful farewell tour, she seems to be so popular that it wouldn't be surprising if a mob carrying torches and pitchforks gathers at Jeannie T.'s door seeking revenge for her role in depriving Salem of a civic treasure. Elsewhere the Sonny-Will-Paul circus has once again gone from bad to worse, which is hardly surprising. Brat boy Will's theme song of the moment is the old limbo favorite, How Low Can You Go. Finally, the big surprise of the day was Bluebird ditching her trademark, cleavage-revealing blue dress in favor of today's black-and-white striped number.

Did I really hear Will tell his Grandma Kate that "Everyone hates me", and that it was all Paul's fault?????? Really?? Will and Paul looked pretty mutual to me, and yes, I used to really like Will and Sonny, but now, not so much.

I'd really like to see an end to the Fred storyline. Nothing against Fred, he's been great, but the story hasn't been the best. I actually think they have dropped it totally or have no idea where to go with it.

Back