Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 20, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Tripp & Jade are surprised to see Steve standing there, but he only asks what surprise they are planning for his wife. Tripp cannot come up with anything concrete, evades, but Jade chimes in with he wanted to thank her for letting him shadow her at the hospital, so a surprise lunch. (Steve invites himself, will bring Kayla there at the Club at 1 p.m. He leaves, Jade tells Tripp to make the arrangements, he doesn't know what to do. She says, call, order the table, flowers & balloons, set for 5. I am going to track down Joey, will see you then.

Steve goes to the hospital, gets Kayla, they show up at the club, beautiful table laid out, Joey is there with Tripp, Jade comes in. Kayla is not too pleased, but Jade says she isn't staying, just wanted to thank her, too. Of course Tripp insists she stay, and the group sits around the table, 5 all squeezed together so the camera can be in the empty space. LOL (sorry, just a pet peeve of mine on any show) Tripp does his gushing to Kayla, Jade says something to Joey, covering his hand with hers, Kayla notes. Suddenly, it is all over (did not see anyone with either a cup, plate or spoon in hand, lol.

Waiter brings the bill, Tripp takes off, Steve gets a call from John, goes to the side, Jade has a job interview, wants Joey to come for moral support. Kayla says better impression if you go alone. She takes off, Kayla tries to explain to Joey that he is giving Jade mixed messages, she is all over him, and will be drawing you back into her orbit, just like she has Tripp fawning over her. Jade has slipped back in, evidently hearing it all, tho she is a ways away. After Kayla & Patch leave, Joey tells Jade in no uncertain terms, there is nothing there. She asks if that is his mother's idea or his. Joey says his mother has nothing to do with it.

(At various times, residents learn that the island kids have been rescued and on the way home, won't keep repeating). Hope & Rafe are frustrated over not being able to nail Deimos (we see him on phone, upping production of Halo). Rafe remembers Rory, wonders if he could help. Jen comes in, Rafe leaves, Jen yaks about Eric, tells Hope about the date that wasn't, she is not sure, Hope advises not to push anything, one day at a time. She is gone when Rafe sits with Rory, asking about dealers, etc. does he know anything. Rory might. If he does, Rafe would be so appreciative, which is a good thing - to have a grateful police dept.

We next see Rory following Deimos for a bit, then is back at the cop shop. He has burst in and tells Rafe & Hope about a dealer he knows who got out, but showed him where the lab was. He talks of the candy man, and actually got a picture. Yep, Deimos it is.

And Deimos runs across Eric, as he shortcuts thru that alley, and now just pulls out all the barbs, insults, etc. He really sticks the knife in repeatedly, former padre, killed the good doctor, tells him Nicole only is with Brady because he has Dan's heart, tells Eric he should go have a stiff drink. Lots more of the same. Eric quietly is back at him, says Nicole hates his guts, and that is because he ruined her chance to get Holly, plus all the horrible things he has done to others. Eric leaves, Deimos is not pleased.

Earlier, Jen was at the Horton Center when Eric got word of Nicole being assigned community service at the Center. He is upset, goes to see the judge or probation officer. Jen stays, gets a call about some file, goes looking for it, knocks stuff off the cluttered desk, thus finding the packs of letters Eric wrote to Nicole, never given. When Eric returns, unable to change the ruling, she tells him of finding the letters, of course she did not read them. He claims one of the 12 steps is making amends. Yes, but she is sure he wrote to others, but this is a lot of letters. He says he kept trying to find the right words, could not seem to do so. Jen figures if he found the right words for others, Maggie, Brady, Victor, etc. with no trouble, then there has to be a reason he feels he could not with Nicole.

She kindly, but more or less breaks things off with Eric, but wanting to be friends. Eric says these past few months, she has been the best of friends to him. She leaves, he takes the box, takes out a letter, and begins to read it aloud.

Brady is reading, with Nicole napping next to him. She is having a bad dream, about seeing this teen age girl in the park, recognizing her as Holly, who doesn't know her. When she explains she is her bio mother, Holly already has a mother, doesn't believe Nicole, will never believe her, and runs off. Nicole is call her name, wakes up. She tells Brady, who reassures her all will be o.k., talks of them both raising Tate, Holly will be fine, will know her, etc.

Later, Nicole is walking in the park, sees Chloe on a bench with the buggy, and adorable Holly sitting there. She stops, talks a bit with Chloe, thanks her for speaking up for her, admires Holly's outfit, knows Chloe will take good care of her. They are both nice, friendly, then Chloe lowers the boom about moving to New York, her mom went back, and she needs her support with raising the two kids. Nicole's face tells it all, Chloe promises to send picture, they talk of Holly teething, etc. Nik knows this is goodbye, Chloe asks if she wants to hold Holly. More than anything, but if I do, I won't be able to let her go. She says goodbye, Chloe leaves.

Nik returns home, tells Brady, cries on his shoulder. Again, Brady is reassuring, they will make a life together, raise Tate, it will take time, but Nicole will feel better about it all. She is happy and lucky to have him, he says the same of her. Loud knocking at the door. they hurry, open it, there stands Chloe, with Holly in her arms.

I was hating Chloe in the park. Taking that baby away. But the end. She better be turning that baby over to Nicole!

I just don't understand how Tripp can believe that Kayla is just acting all the time. Hope this ends soon. If not, they will ruin Tripp.

Deimos as a drug dealer. Didn't see that coming. Last few days, yeah, but not before.

All hail fan-favorite Rory, Salem's newest hero. It would be quite something if he was the one to "bring down" the evil Deimos. If that happens, Jenny should abjectly apologize for all the unkind things she said about him while he was hanging out with JJ.

Little Trippy should learn not to discuss his nefarious plans for Kayla in a public place. Today, it only cost him the price of a lunch. Next time he might not get off so easy.

Why was Eric skulking around in back alleys? Was he looking for lost souls or trying to raise money for the Horton Center by reviving Carrie's lost-cast-recovery service?

Great job today by the "real" Holly. Her alter ego, Doll-in-Blanket, couldn't have provided the cute smile that brought something refreshing to a scene that could have been yet another tedious Chloe-Nicole encounter.

Finally, line of the day goes to Rory for his comment about halo: "Like what angels wear?"

Great job today by the "real" Holly. Her alter ego, Doll-in-Blanket, couldn't have provided the cute smile that brought something refreshing to a scene that could have been yet another tedious Chloe-Nicole encounter.
Reply from Doll-in-Blanket:

Excuse me, DrBakerFan? You don't think I have a cute smile that could bring something refreshing to a scene with Mommy Nicole and Meanie Chloe? Must I remind you that "real" Holly spits up and messes her diapers? I NEVER ruin scenes with those odorous functions. I'm starting to think you don't like me. You better sleep with one eye open tonight, as my cousin, Talky Tina, has your address. :angry:

Thanks, Poirot.

Today everyone found out Sonny and everyone else is alive. Why
didn't Brady mention his brother, Paul?

Jade was quick thinking up a surprise party for Kayla instead of the real surprise Tripp has planned.

I thought Kayla said too much to Joey about Jade. Joey is a grown up and it's up to him if he
should stay in contact with Jade or not. For some reason, it bothered me what Kayla said
to him.

Nice seeing Rory and he's still telling jokes.

Today we saw baby Holly and she smiled.

Was Chloe wearing a leopard style dress? Will she be changing her spots aka attitude?
We'll have to turn in tomorrow.

So Brady is back to thinking only about his Kiriakis family and not acknowledging he is a Black. He was on the phone with John and told Nicole about Sonny and the others being found but no mention of his brother Paul :angry:.

I liked the scene today between Nicole and Chloe. Both are acting more in character and remembered that they are friends. The baby playing Holly was just adorable with that smile for Nicole.

I knew that Steve would not have overheard Tripp and Jade's conversation and that they covered with a lunch for Kayla. I just wish the new writers would nip this story in the bud as well as the island story. I was really liking Tripp as a character until this story started. Now he looks like an idiot for believing Jade, a proven liar. That's why I really wanted him to be in the scenes last week when Claire blasted her for making the sex tape. It might have made him realize she's not someone to be trusted.

I liked how Steve mentioned his nephews Sonny and JJ to Kayla when he was talking about the island gang.

Brady should have been equally concerned for Paul.

I also really enjoyed the Jennifer/Eric scenes. I'm a bit torn here. I've always wanted Eric and Nicole back together but she doesn't deserve Eric right now. And I'm warming up to the idea of Jennifer/Eric. I still think she's too old generationally but they do have chemistry and I like that they are establishing a friendship. That said I don't want Jennifer or Eric hurt nor do I want them to be some type of rebound relationship.

Tired of Steve and Kayla being wasted on Jade and Tripp. Give them an adult storyline please!

I have trouble, and no offense to you Heather, as this is a place to have great discussions, about Nicole not deserving Eric right now. I mean sure, she appears very harsh , but let's face it, she has reasons to be. Yes, Eric saved her and Holly in Greece, but like she said, he still killed Daniel while driving drunk. And in another thread, someone mentioned one storyline that's coming (I won't say which as this would be a spoiler) that is realistic.

Well, as far as I'm concerned, Nicole's hatred for Eric is also realistic. Does that mean that I enjoy the constant Daniel worshiping on this show? No. But I still go with what happened on screen. The fact remains that Eric drove drunk and he killed someone. And Nicole was about to marry that someone. Had it been the other way around, Nicole driving drunk and killing someone, you bet she would never hear the end of it and nobody, and I mean nobody, would give her the time of day, let alone forgive her like they did Eric.

And also, let's not forget how horrible Eric has been to Nicole in the past. He made her feel like a big fat zero when he was a priest, he accused her of raping him, never giving her a chance until he saw the video proof that it was Kristen, not Nicole! Still, Nicole finally forgave him. Now, Nicole is seen once again as the bad guy here? Nope, not in this viewer's eyes.

Now, maybe, just maybe, there is a chance for Nicole and Eric to mend fences. But it will take a lot more mumbling (I still can't understand the actor most of the times these days) from Eric for that to happen in my opinion.

You'd think Eric would be more careful about what he leaves on his desk when snoopy Jennifer is around. Her not reading those letters requires my suspension of disbelief. Like her daughter, she is insisting upon all-or-nothing from her partner. Choose privacy, man!

Jade's lying/scheming will not be helpful if she ever decides to tell-all about Joey. No one will believe her. In that case, I hope Joey will be able to keep his mouth shut.

Welcome back, Rew! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, sorry I did not make it clear about the lunch bill. Though Steve offered to pay, or at least pay half, Tripp was insistent that he would pay it all himself. And he did.

Here is the problem I have with Nicole's treatment of Eric. She is now is love with another man, having been in love with Eric, Daniel, now Brady. She carries on a lot about Brady, Tate, Holly & herself, and their love for each other, being together, etc. If she still is in love with Daniel, what is she doing with Brady?

But mostly, after all Andre has done to so many people in town, everyone is fine with him. Kate has been a victim, yet, is going to marry him. Then there is Victor, who dealt out a great deal of misery and harm to many Salemites. He is welcome everywhere. He insults females left and right, yet suffers no consequences for doing so. Why would Brady not leave that house, with the way Victor talks of Brady's ex-wife, Chloe, ex-girlfriend, Theresa, and current love, Nicole? Why does he not have his own place? He is just lucky Deimos is no longer "owner" of the house, but wonder if he even knows that?

Eric has already been in prison a year, was paroled early because of saving a suicide intent, has counseled many, has put his own life on the line to save Nicole & Holly, and yet, she cannot be civil? She doesn't have to forgive him. Heck, half the people in Salem should be angry and unforgiving to the other half.

Not pinning roses on Eric, but not pinning any on Nicole either. Yes, I want her to have her baby. But if she is going to be with Brady, she had better reconcile herself to the fact that Eric is his brother, John & Marlena his parents, Sami his sister, Victor his grandfather, and Maggie comes in that package as well. She has to accept it all.

But if she is going to be with Brady, she had better reconcile herself to the fact that Eric is his brother,
Knowing that in her head, and forgiving Eric in her heart are two different things. It just takes time. I agree with The Writer that it is realistic for Nicole to still harbor these feelings toward Eric, even though she's with Brady, yet again. It is possible for her to love Brady, yet still have the same feelings for the dearly-departed Daniel. I know; I've been there.

She has to accept it all.
I don't agree. It may make it a little awkward at Thanksgiving, but Nicole has the right to feel the way she does until SHE can accept what happened and truly forgive Eric. It will happen.

Back