Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 20, 2017

I just now watched this episode. Interesting how they kept Holly like a newborn infant for what seemed like such a long time. Now today, Chloe said she is trying to crawl. While she did look a little older today, I didn't think she looked old enough to be trying to crawl.

Rory looked different today. He looked more mature, like a man, rather than a kid.

Holly is nearly six months old, as she was born in December. So she is probably old enough to start pulling herself up to crawl. Thomas and Tate are old enough to walk, but they are always being carried, so we don't see them do that, either.

She carries on a lot about Brady, Tate, Holly & herself, and their love for each other, being together, etc. If she still is in love with Daniel, what is she doing with Brady?

I feel like Nicole is in love with Brady because he has Daniel's heart :sick:and Brady might eventually get hurt, but he should be aware of that.

I agree with Heather and Poirot that though Nicole might still be angry with Eric for killing Daniel, she should at least be thankful that he rescued her and Holly from Xander and Deimos, and for Brady's sake she can at least be civil to him even if she doesn't want to forgive him. Also, Nicole should remember she has done some bad things in the past as well and is not some innocent victim. She tried to kill Victor when she was married to him, she threw acid on Chloe's face in order to get Brady, kidnapped Sydney, and she shredded the documents that would have proved Eric's rape by Kristen and reinstated him to the priesthood.

As far as Nicole being still in love with Daniel but being with Brady, Nicole doesn't have the choice of being with Daniel. I know many people who have had a loved one die, and they still love that person, they continue to love that person, but they do go on living.

I agree with Heather and Poirot that though Nicole might still be angry with Eric for killing Daniel, she should at least be thankful that he rescued her and Holly from Xander and Deimos, and for Brady's sake she can at least be civil to him even if she doesn't want to forgive him. Also, Nicole should remember she has done some bad things in the past as well and is not some innocent victim. She tried to kill Victor when she was married to him, she threw acid on Chloe's face in order to get Brady, kidnapped Sydney, and she shredded the documents that would have proved Eric's rape by Kristen and reinstated him to the prie

And Eric forgave her every single time. For kidnapping his niece and for the document shredding which in my opinion was done intentionally. Eric killing Daniel was a horrific thing and driving drunk is no laughing matter but I don't think Eric maliciously set out to kill Daniel. He is a good person who made one awful mistake. It's not like we saw him regularly driving drunk or behaving recklessly on account of the alcohol. He made a one time mistake and has been paying the price ever since.

It's been a year and a half since the accident happened. It wasn't yesterday. Eric has paid his dues in terms of the law. Time for others to allow him to do the same.

@KL...I do agree that with everyone, the grieving is different. However, in Daniel's case, it is not just Nicole. The show just doesn't seem to have anyone really move on.

Legacy characters Tom & Alice, Bo, Will, Mickey have all died, but there is no where near the mention, the constant mourning, etc. as there is for Daniel.

I have a friend who's husband was killed by a drunk driver. She has many children (more than 5) and obviously the entire family was devastate by the tragedy. She forgave the driver. She felt that holding on to the anger was much harder than letting it go. And nothing was going to bring her husband back. She felt it better to let go of her anger, and realized that everyone makes mistakes. I would imagine that almost everyone on this site has done something stupid and reckless like Eric did. Many, if not all of us, have driven a car when we shouldn't. We're just lucky that we didn't do what Eric did.

I do agree that sometimes, it is better to let go of the anger. But I doubt your friend (so sorry for her loss) would have went as far as to be friends with the driver.

Of course being friends with people who have been horrible is a part of soaps. Not reality. Still, I don't mind that Nicole is not yet willing to forgive and forget. She has the right to.

In her case, the driver was a stranger, so hard to be friends (and 20 years younger, etc). But Nicole loved Eric, etc. I would hope somewhere down the line, she will find a way to accept it was a horrific accident and forgive him. Maggie found a way, and it was her son. Nicole used to drink her problems away, Brady is an addict, etc. The show rarely addressed how they go anywhere when they were high.

Every human is flawed, and makes mistakes. Some are tragic. But any one of us (or them) could have been the driver. Imagine being in a car accident (your fault, but unintentional) and you kill someone you love who was in the car with you. Could you find a way to forgive yourself (probably not - because we are all harder on ourselves). It's an interesting conversation.

An accident is one thing. But Eric was drunk and CHOSE to get behind the wheel. Two different things.

Bottom line is that Nicole is human and if she can't (or won't) forgive Eric, it's her choice. Doesn't matter that Maggie has forgiven him. That's Maggie's choice.

Back