Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 21, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Seems to be a day of new beginnings in a few places. At the cop shop, Rafe sits with Hope going over what they have so far on the alleged Deimos murder. Roman enters with a huge vase of flowers for Hope, half heartedly warning them about keeping their romantic life out of the office. Rafe notes he did not send the flowers, Hope opens the card from Aiden, Roman is sheepish, leaves. Rafe & Hope decide to go out for air, ending up in the square with ice cream (or maybe frozen yogurt??)

Earlier, Aide had been visiting Andre in jail, with Andre ending up promising that Rafe Hernandez would not be a problem for Aiden, once Andre gets out of jail. So now, in the square, Aiden spots Hope & Rafe walking, talking, joking, sitting down, even exchanging containers as he got mint chocolate, while she did vanilla fudge like always. Jealous Aiden leaves, calls Andre, leaving a message that he accepts his proposal to fix Aiden's problem.

Ciara sits with the chess set (this is getting boring) reciting all the teachings she has learned from Chad. Theo is there, upset that Ciara has been ignoring him, his texts, etc. He thought they were friends, he is worried about her. Ciara says they are friends, but while she cares about him, it is not more than that. Theo realizes it is because he is a good guy, not like the DiMera bad boys that all girls like. She denies this, says Chad is great, worried about Abby, takes care of his son. Theo notes she does that, she says it is her job. He takes off.

Shawn & Belle sit in the Pub, Claire joins them, she is babbling, thinks perhaps her idea of them getting back together was a flop, but they are grinning, she realizes they ARE back, is overjoyed. Later, she just can't finish her plate ends up leaving with a full plate of food there. Shawn & Belle chat, are happy, flirt, share dessert, kiss, and all is well there. (By the way, Claire has mentioned her dad "moving in with us" so, evidently she is not living with Ciara in the guest cottage at DiMansion".

We later see Claire strumming her guitar, singing a new song she is writing, Theo arrives, tells her about being worried about Ciara, who he feels is making some bad decisions. She tells him about her parents being back together, how happy she is about that. She sings another song, Theo likes it, She gives him a few encouraging words, he thanks her, they hug.

Adrienne & Lucas meet up, she is just back from Paris, saw Sonny, he is doing well, etc. She also has news, she has sold Club TBD for him, just gave the keys to the new owner.

and outside, the new owner, Eduardo, calls Dario to meet him, needs his help. Dario arrives, Eduardo tells him of buying the club, wants to run it with Dario, who has all this restaurant & bar experience, plus his time with Titan. But, as usual, Dario's huge chip on his shoulder has him being negative as always. He more or less tells his father off, refusing to work with him. Rafe arrives, gets the news, wonders what Dario's problem is, but as usual, Dario just takes off. Eduardo really thought this business would help the whole family, is not keen on running it alone.

Earlier, Rafe had gone home, it is hot, A/C is broken, Blanca comes in, short short, halter top, (too bad she had not pinned her hair up as well, since so hot), deciding to make lemonade. She gets Rafe to slice the lemons as she does whatever else....but he gets the call from Eddie, leaves.
And then, after walking off from Rafe & his dad, Dario comes home, is on the phone trying to get Nicole to meet him for a drink. She evidently says no. He gets a bottle of something from the frig, Blanca comes in, takes out the pitcher of lemonade, pours herself a drink, chastises Dario for staring, and leaves.

Ciara has arrived at the square to talk to her mother, Rafe leaves (see above). She tells her mom she can see Rafe has not given up on her, but looked so sad. Aiden arrives, wanting to talk to Ciara, Hope leaves to make a couple of calls. Ciara wanted to talk to Aiden as well, just wants her mom to be happy, knows he did so before, wants to make sure he can do it again. He wants to apologize to her, talks of coming home, learning everything, being in shock over what Chase did to her, is really sorry for doubting what she said, wants the best for her. But he wants her to know he will do everything he can to make sure Chase doesn't go back to jail. (yes, still in hospital). Ciara understands that, Chase is his son, he loves him. Hope returns, Aiden leaves. Hope asks how Ciara's therapy is going, great, Marlena is wonderful, puts different perspective on things, and thinks Ciara might be able to help others in same situation, or who have had trauma of some kind. Hope is proud of her.

Back at the club, Adrienne has brought gifts from Paris for Lucas, small talk, he has been thinking of what they talked about at Chad & Abby's wedding. They are both smiling, but the fact is, they had been talking of marriage in general, how hard it is to find the person you really want to spend the rest of your life with. Well, Lucas has done so. He knows it is her. And ...Adrienne feels the same way about Lucas. He says since that is the case, as he gets up, then down on one knee,. ring case in hand, asking her to spend the rest of her life with them. Adrienne has a huge smile, a sparkle in her eyes as she says, yes, yes, I feel the same about you, YES! . He puts the ring on her finger, both stand, hug, kiss, as the other customers all clap enthusiastically.

Aiden gets a call, it is Andre, who got his message, and is just confirming. He will rid Aiden of his romantic rival once he is out of jail. Aiden says he is willing to do whatever it takes to have Hope back for good.

Truly loved the Adrienne/Lucas scenes......but...did I miss something? Last time saw Adrienne, she was sitting down with Justin, had to talk...

Someone has to knock that chip off Dario's shoulder, as it is overdone, gotten boring.

So, Aiden is just as much a liar as in the past, still conniving, still making deals to get rid of people.

Ciara is ...........no words. I hope not a lost cause, but she really needs to get back on the better path.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot.

What a stinker of a proposal! Geez, I expected something a little bit more romantic from Lucas. Never mind. I forgot that these Days writers wouldn't know romance if it hit them in the face. Maybe they should be locked in a room , and forced to watch such movies as An Affair To Remember / Sleepless In Seattle , The Shop Around the Corner / You've Got Mail, Singin' In the Rain, etc.

1. Loved Rafe and Hope sharing their ice cream.

2. this is the first time that I actually felt that Shawn and Belle cared for each other.

3. Hope needs to ditch Aiden, and stick with Rafe. She seems more at ease and herself with Rafe.

4. AIden is just plain disgusting... I wish Days never brought the character back.

5. Theo and Claire were kind of icky.

6. Eduardo buying the club was a nice move.

7. Dario's attitude is tiresome. At least the writers can take naps in the time they save while recycling his lines for his tirades against Eduardo.

Last edited:
Truly loved the Adrienne/Lucas scenes......but...did I miss something? Last time saw Adrienne, she was sitting down with Justin, had to talk...

Someone has to knock that chip off Dario's shoulder, as it is overdone, gotten boring.

So, Aiden is just as much a liar as in the past, still conniving, still making deals to get rid of people.

Ciara is ...........no words. I hope not a lost cause, but she really needs to get back on the better path.
This episode was essentially "Relationship Tuesday." The Adrienne/Lucas scenes were refreshing. It's no wonder that everyone around them applauded when Adrienne accepted Lucas's proposal. Another reason to applaud is that professional relationship-wrecker Kate appears have other priorities at the moment. As for Dario, this unshaven conman sounds like the proverbial "one-note samba." He should take a look around and notice that nobody else hates Eduardo. Speaking of Eduardo, if he's "not too keen on running [TBD] by himself," he should immediately hire T and Rory. Days viewers would love it and so many Salemites would flock to TBD that Belle's joint would have to fold. Finally, Aiden is now officially a total sleaze, and poor Theo should realize that at his age there are plenty of eligible girls besides Teen Ciara.

Last edited:

I loved them too. I do enjoy them together. And no, Poirot, you didn't miss anything. Either some scenes were cut, or we are to assume all that happened off screen. As for the proposal, I liked it a lot. Was it really, really romantic ? No. But what I liked was that it felt real, more natural, a proposal with two more adult characters, who each have been married, who each got divorced, and now, who know better than to be blinded by the glamour or the magical aspect of the proposal itself and overlook the fact that marriage is indeed a serious, and sometimes difficult, long term engagement. The fact that Lucas mentioned Julie and Doug is, I hope, a good sign that Adrienne and Lucas will be a stable couple we'll enjoy for many years to come. Let's hope they are on more often from now on, then. On a side note, I did laugh when Lucas tried to speak French. It was cute. Poor guy tried, but I can assure you, it sounded nothing like French. :) But again, very cute.

I like Eduardo and I'm interested to see him more often too. Let's hope this actually leads to something and that this is the path to making Dario more tolerable if the brat finally gets that his father is indeed trying to help. Cause right now, Dario looks like a kid throwing a temper tantrum.

Ciara : I can't stand this girl. Sorry.

Hope : I just hope she's playing Aiden. Cause I can't believe she would be stupid enough to choose him over a great guy like Rafe.

The new girl : I don't care right now. Even though the "romantic" music plays when she enters a room :rolleyes: I don't care. Though I would rather her ending up with Dario then Nicole with Dario, or Rafe with her.

The new girl : I don't care right now. Even though the "romantic" music plays when she enters a room :rolleyes: I don't care. Though I would rather her ending up with Dario then Nicole with Dario, or Rafe with her.
Let's not wish Dario on any woman. He's a petty criminal with serious father issues who seems to have an aversion to holding a real job. He and the psycho mermaid should take the first bus back to L.A. where there should be plenty of tourists for them to fleece. As for running Aiden out of Salem, it's a fine idea and Rafe is just the man for the job. After all as soon as Deimos reveals that he's still alive and there's no murder case to investigate, Detective Hernandez will have plenty of time on his hands.

Occurred to me today why has no one asked Kate why she didn't run to help and confront Nicole when she pushed Deimos off the cliff? Seems reasonable had it actually happened that she would not have let Nicole leave. I know they suspect Kate and I'm glad about that but that would be a good question for her.

Lucas and Adrienne have not been on in so long that I do not at all remember what their status was. I was expecting her to say no.

Dario hating his dad is getting really really old. Enough already.

They are making me so mad with Aiden. I really like the actor and i liked the character before they threw him under the bus for Bo's infamous return. I do not understand why they brought him back if it wasn't to rectify the very bad story from before.

Yeah Dario you definitely had a rough day. I mean you're dad bought a club and wanted to go into business with you. I don't know about anybody else but I ABSOLUTELY hate it when that happens. His rightful anger at Eduardo's abandonment has degenerated into childish petulance. I feel like they are trying to suggest that there is more going on with him. If that is the case then they need to get on with it because this has gotten way past boring.

*WE INTERRUPT THIS POST FOR A GRATUITOUS GABI REFERENCE*

If Dario isn't done being a knucklehead maybe Gabi can in come in and help the old man out. She was a waitress for a while and I know that's not quite the same as restaurant management experience but her modeling career is a dead end story wise so maybe this at least get her screen time. I know managing the Edge of the Square didn't do much to help Rafe out in that regard but maybe it would be different this time. And by all means rehire T to help out.

*We now return you to your regularly scheduled post already in progress.*

I can now say I have a feel for Blanca now and I like her. I definitely get the feeling that she didn't really mind Dario's attentions all that much. I also think if ends up hooking up with any member of the Hernandez clan it's not going to be the one Mami intended.

The Teen scene: What can I say other then I really don't care. I like Claire's singing and I don't mind Theo who we haven't seen much lately. That's probably why I don't mind him. But they just aren't clicking with me.

I just watched. The proposal was mature and well done:sarcasm:

Now I will be immature, I can't get with these two. Lucas and Adrienne have no spark. Nothing about this relationship makes me want them together.

I'm confused about Dario and his reaction to Blanca. Wasn't he in love with Nicole last week? That's what he told Summer before they did it. I think Blanca is good for Rafe. Think about it, in order to bring the Hernandez family into the core of the show don't they need to have more kids than just Ari?

What is there to be confused about Dario looking at Blanca? She is beautiful and any man would stare at her.

I like Lucas & Adrienne because it has been a very long time since I have seen Lucas so happy and if Adrienne does that, then I am all in favor of it.

Please, oh pleas,e let me be right about Hope playing Aiden, because he is such a sleaze. Bt I want Rafe with Blanca. Maybe some time in the future we can actually hear Ciara laugh. She truly has become such a downer.

Did we know Adrienne went to Paris? Maybe I missed that. An interesting proposal
and people started clapping.

Theo sort of figured out Ciara might be interested Chad.

Claire was so happy when she found out her parents back together.

It was funny when Roman assumed Rafe gave Hope the flowers.

Aiden needs to go to jail with Andre. Aiden assumed something going on with Hope
and Rafe. I
t was two friends having ice cream together and discussing work.

Interesting to learn Eduardo bought Club TBD. It would be great to see T working
there again.

DrBakerfan, I like your title for today's show.

The continuity and editing on this show is so weird. I'm wondering if they messed up and the extremely brief scene with Justin/Adrienne the other day was supposed to occur after the proposal with Lucas and not before. It's just so odd that they left a cliffhanger with her wanted to discuss something with Justin and then zero follow up. As to the proposal and the relationship between Lucas/Adrienne, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I feel like if maybe they had put more time and effort into this story then perhaps I could have been on board but the fact that we haven't seen them together since Abby/Chad wedding had me forgetting they were even together, not to mention that there was a cut scene of them from that episode as well from what I understand that was referenced in today's episode. I understand that they are recurring characters but when there are literally months in between appearances I'm not really sure how the writers expect viewers to care. Oh well, I suppose we'll see them again in a couple months when the wedding occurs or they decide not to get married or whatever.

I was happy to hear about Eduardo buying the club. I wish Dario would remove that stick from his rear and erase that scowl off his face. The rest of the family has moved on, why can't he?

I just can't get into this Hope/Aiden/Rafe story. It's not entertaining at all.

I enjoyed the scenes with Belle/Shawn/Claire. Really cute. However, I just wish the writing had been better for them earlier on because I've still got whiplash over the fact that Belle went from proposing to Philip to having drunk sex and reuniting with Shawn in about a week's time.

I wonder if they are heading toward a Claire/Theo matchup with Ciara getting jealous. :rolleyes:

I did not see Eduardo buying TBD coming at all. Nice twist. I hope it doesn't turn into some type of criminal operation if he goes back to his criminal ways. I agree about hiring T and Rory. Gabi would be nice too. Though my initial thought was that Rafe would end up working there at some point too--I think it's inevitable he and Hope will get caught and kicked off the force again.

I loved the Shawn, Belle and Claire scenes but they were way too short. How about less Hope and Ciara and more Shawn and Belle? Also, wasn't Shawn the detective on the Deimos case? I guess Rafe was involved too but then why have Hope involved too? That's not how it works. And they didn't even mention Shawn when they were talking about the crime scene. He was the only one there! :rolleyes:

Is it normal for a houseguest to spend all day walking around a kitchen? Does she do anything else? I do like Blanca and I like her with Rafe. I can see the potential there. Yet they keep forcing him on Hope and vice versa.

Lucas and Adrienne: I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. Hopefully it leads to story for both.

Theo and Claire are cute together. More please. And less talking about Ciara. She is becoming Daniel 2.0.

I don't want to see Ciara in scenes by herself. She works better with a screen partner.

I really have no use for Dario. He keeps having the same conversation with Eduardo and he has no chemistry with Nicole. I could settle for a temporary triangle with Dario/Blanca/Rafe but I need Rafe to win and then Dario to leave town permanently.

Finally, Aiden is now officially a total sleaze
I'm fairly sure this is another clone, or that the real Aiden was killed, because this guy is not the guy we met two years ago.

I'll skip to the Lucas/Adrienne scenes, which sound great, but ...WHAT!?!?! The last scene I remember them sharing was just after Will's death on the mountaintop, and they were not together then.

Rafe/Hope/Theo/Ciara...blech, please go looking for Melaswen.

I think it depends on the day. Last week we saw the full set. I do like how you can still hear background noise even with the one booth.

Jason, sadly I agree with you. Something is off with is iteration of Aiden and I'm hoping it's not just bad writing.

Back