Days of Our Lives - Tues., June 27, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, June 27, 2017

And so the "fun" (NOT!) begins. It is the night of the fund raising party at the Martin House.Nicole has made up a bunch of "swag" containers, brings them in to the center, commenting that she used up a few more hours of her community service requirement in doing so. Brady isn't able to attend the party, per his doctor's orders, she will be going alone. She snarks a bit to Eric, then asks him to take the box in his car. He will do so, and will drive her, because of Deimos still being on the loose, having already kidnapped her once. She refuses, will drive herself.

At the cop shop, Hope, Rafe, JJ & Lani talk of Deimos, all the evidence they have, but so far, has given them the slip. Cops are all looking for him. Hope & Rafe leave for the party, JJ promises Lani they will get Deimos, and they leave as well.

Gabi comes into the DiMera study, in a short, short dress, chattering, Chad just got a phone call from his attorney, divorce is final. They finally leave for the party.

In Abby's room, Dario arrives with wedding rings, just after Abby has hung up on her attorney with the same news, divorce is final. She can't believe it was so fast. (neither can we)

Dario suggests ditching the party, going to dinner, dancing, Abby says no. She knows Gabi & Chad will be there, is not going to avoid them.

Deimos is in disguise, grey hair and beard, glasses, looks very much like Andrew did, (Shane's brother), meets his goon, who has gotten him a waiter outfit. Deimos is crashing the party, get the amulet from Sonny, and using his Halo 2.0 pay back his enemies.

Sonny is on phone with employment agency, needing to fill the positions vacated by all the people he fired. Paul is getting impatient. Sonny hangs up, gets another call, Paul sends it to voice mail, just wants a minute alone with Sonny before they go, to say I love you. Sonny grins, Paul fixes his tie, discovers Sonny is wearing the amulet, is upset that Sonny dug it up after Chad buried it. Sonny figures it will make money.

At the Martin house, the guests are milling round, small talk, chatting, talking Deimos being caught eventually. Finally Julie makes an announcement, welcoming everyone, talking of how grateful that all these islanders are back safe, naming them all, ending with her wonderful grandson. They are going to pass champagne and offer a big toast to them. Deimos is busily putting Halo 2 into the champagne bottles and cider bottles. Doug says he thinks he is coming down with something, perhaps caught what Thomas has, is feeling feverish & they leave. It has already been said that Jen is watching Thomas, Lucas has Ari., so they are not there.

Eric makes a short speech touting the Horton Center, Julie has already said Eli wants to have the Martin house be a residence for young people. A waiter passes the drinks around, everyone has a glass, raising high, and sip, sip, down the hatch.

Deimos watches as at first some guests are acting a bit out of the ordinary, as if they were drunk, then he hurries out. Paul notices, puts his full glass down, follows. A waiter picks up Paul's glass, takes a swallow. Outside, Paul is looking around for that waiter, but is hit from behind, knocked out, dragged behind the bushes. Deimos has done that.

Eric & Nicole return to the Horton Center, where Nicole is getting woozy, feeling strange, she sits down, Eric goes to get her a glass of water.

Back at the Martin house, Dario gets a call (from Myron, I think) about being unable to hack into somewhere, Dario ends up leaving before the toasting, apologizing to Abby.

Lani tells JJ she is feeling a bit strange. Abby begins acting odd, is talking to Chad & Gabi, who is acting rather giddy. But Abby begins to get woozy, not feeling all that well, goes up to her room, stumbling a bit. Chad tells Gabi he has to help Abby and follows.

Rafe & Hope also feel odd, but Rafe gets amorous, wants to be with Hope alone, and now. They go to leave, she forgot her purse, goes back for it, but grabs her drink instead.

Sonny is walking around, talking of how powerful he is, running a big corporation, but cannot find his boyfriend anywhere.

Abby is very unsteady, sits on the end of her bed in her room, knock, knock. Chad comes in, you o.k.? Yeah.

JJ offers to take Lani home, Gabi walks up, has a flower in her hand, waving it around, gushing to Lani about her beautiful dress. Sonny can't find Paul. Deimos is watching it all, very pleased with what is going on.

Oh please the drama. "You can't drink that!" duh duh duh commercial. "You can't toast with water. It's bad luck". Seriously!?

I would think Lani would know the feeling of Halo and even Nicole, her dad drugged her back in the day. I would think they would know they were high. At first I thought Deimos's disguise was pretty good but it did still look like him. At least Paul saw it! But not the great Salem PD.

Got a kick out of how they explained the absence of some folks....Val had a patient in ICU she did not want to leave, Jennifer is watching the ill Thomas, Doug is feeling ill, doesn't want to spread it, Paul is knocked out, Dario called away as "the computer at the club is down, won't take any credit cards".

This leaves various twosomes together is unusual places. Eric & Nicole at the Horton Center, Chad & Abby in her room upstairs, Gabi (last we saw) yakking it up with JJ & Lani, Eli nearby, Sonny wandering looking for Paul, and then there is that waiter who drank Paul's champagne. Hmmmmm. Who is not there? Abe, Roman, the under 20 group, Kate & Andre. (wonder why the latter two are missing?)

Definitely sounds like a disaster in the making, and a good game of Clue. I say Professor Plum in the study with a knife.:rotfl:
Or maybe Colonel Mustard in the conservatory with a rope? In fact, maybe Clue's current owner, Hasbro, could market a Salem version based on the DiMansion complete with a secret passageway in addition to the traditional rooms. As for the episode, here a few comments about featured characters.

Abigail: Chad charitably said that marrying Dario could be a "new beginning" for her. Actually, it sounds like the beginning of the end.

Paul: Kudos to the former baseball star for spotting Deimos. As noted in the above post by Bookworm, how could he not be noticed by police officers trained in identification? Only in Salem. Perhaps, Commissioner Raines should begin a program of systemic retraining for these unobservant incompetents.

Deimos: He also gets kudos for going the extra Salem mile with his "disguise": trading his all-purpose black baseball cap for glasses, gray hair, and a ridiculous beard and mustache. Perhaps, he should consider keeping this look. With the gray beard and mustache, he could sidle up to hotties at bars and clubs and say: "Hi there. Care for a drink. You won't regret it. People say that I'm more Interesting than the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World."

200_s.gif

Most Interesting Man: "Dream on, Deimos.
The girls will always go for me, not you."

Last edited:
LOL, there should be a recorder going while I watch......my comments to the TV outdo the dialogue at times. LOL

On seeing Gabi in her dress.....How is she going to sit down? (when she did, she made sure to keep her legs close together, as if some kid had been there, that ol rhyme.......I see London, I see France, I see...........you know the rest......would be chanted big time. LOL

Abby's dress was ugly...my opinion

Nicole's just did not seem to flatter her, don't know if it was the fit, the style or color

Julie looked fabulous

Did not care for Nicole's hair style, and as for Abby's, I just do not like those behind the ear, or combed to the side hairdos. Again, just me.

Sonny needs to put a sock in it......his bragging about being CEO, and insufferable attempts to be "tough"

Deimos enjoyed walking thru the room a few times, no one paying any attention, so he could enjoy the results of his drugging an entire group of people. Reminded me of the Kool Aid mass murders executed by Jim Jones years ago.

And folks, if everyone in Salem usually uses a baseball cap & sunglasses for a disguise, and gets away with it, or like Abby did with just a big floppy witches hat......heck, a grey wig, beard & mustache would be a impossible for Salem PD to see through. Fortunately, or unfortunately for him, Paul is not a member of the Salem PD, thus, he paid attention. LOL

I'll watch in a bit. But I must say Sonny is an absolute idiot and a shell of the character I came to love back in 2012-2013. Then again, so are Hope, Rafe, Gabi, Chad, Jennifer, Abby, and Nicole. And Eric and Brady. And even Joey, who had a stellar introduction but now just mopes around as a filler in his own story.

Thanks, Poirot.

I thought Halo was a different kind drug. It was making some of them laugh.

I wonder what kind of experience the waiter will have since he took Paul's drink?

Poor Paul, he got hit in the head again. Being John's son causes a lot of aches,
pains and other problems.

Hopefully, Deimos noticed Sonny playing with the amulet under his shirt.

I laughed when Deimos told his henchman an amulet keeps away evil. I guess he
doesn't know this one has a curse.

Poor Eli, he didn't have anyone to toast with. Sonny went to Eric, but no one
went to Eli.

I'm glad Doug was at the party.

I was surprised Julie didn't say anything when she found out Eli is no longer seeing Gabi.
Maybe she was doing a happy dance inside her head.

Poor Paul, he got hit in the head again. Being John's son causes a lot of aches, pains and other problems.
He's working his way to inherit the family business: Going into an annual coma.

I'm sick of CEO Sonny but I'd get a kick out of him being ousted and Paul suddenly becoming a Basic Black CEO (and I don't care that one of them owns the other, that changes hourly as needed) so the shoe is on the other foot.

Meanwhile speaking of CEO Sonny, I would have loved it if Rafe had shot him when Sonny declared Kiriakis Security would get Deimos, so the PD could lay off.

I have to say, I think this was one of the top contenders for "worst episode in a daytime drama series". If I had a gong I would have definitely gonged it! (old game show where the judges hit the gong if you were bad).

gong-show-o.gif

Back