Days of Our Lives - Tues. June 9, 2015

It looks to me like the pondscum from Poplar Bluff may have just shot himself in the foot as far as having an attorney goes. Knowing how protective Aiden is of Chase he's not going to be pleased with the creep having that kind of intimate knowledge of his schedule where his son is concerned. I imagine it will blow over tomorrow but I think we're going to see Aiden come over to Hope's way of thinking where He Who Shall Not be Named is concerned.

It sure would have been nice if Will and Sonny could have held it together for more then two minutes at the party. I get where Sonny was coming from in regards to Will putting on a big show but it could have waited until after the party I think.

Kate and John kind of had me curious do they have a past? Because the whole time it seemed like John was thinking "Why are you even talking to me?" I've been watching for almost a year regularly now and I don't think in that time I've seen them in a scene together.

Oh, Troy, I love all your comments and assessments.........and oh, yes, kate & John have a past. Nearly got married!
Marlena was thought dead (another long story) but was being held captive on an island called Melaswen (New Salem backwards) while handcuffed to Roman, also thought dead. Marlena & Roman would be shown video of Kate & John getting close, cozy, etc. Eventually those on the island were rescued, brought home, but not before the handcuffed Roman & Marlena managed to conceive a child, which she miscarried once she was home. See Salem Stalker storyline. LOL

Once again thanks for the kind words Poirot. I always try to bring some wit to my posts and I'm always happy to hear those efforts are in fact successful. :)

I've heard of Melaswen and the Salem Stalker storyline. Wasn't that when Marlena was apparently killing beloved characters including Alice Horton? Didn't it turn out to be some kind of alternate version of her or some kind of hokum like that? Andre DiMerra was actually behind it wasn't he?

Hope is also Lucas' cousin, so she's still related even with being divorced from Bo.

Thank you for saying this.

Will - DIE. Paul - LEAVE. Sonny - GROW UP AND FIND A NEW MAN. I think that nice Brian guy is probably still saving the world somewhere and ready for you!! LOL

Jason, you & I think alike many times, but in this case.....Will...leave! Paul, find Brian, who knows? Sonny......I truly want you around, you are the best. But I think, for your own well being, you just take care of your club for a while. I do admit that you & Paul seem better suited, but I would be leery of that, like with Will, it would all go awry.

I'm trying very hard to watch the Salem Stalker storyline on YouTube but my god its annoying. I just can't get into it. The most interesting character so far is Rex but I've missed the bit where he stopped being a Dimera/Evans child and became a Roberts/Brady child and I can't work out how/when/why, but I'm also not motivated enough to go look it all up.

I don't mind Paul and Sonny is great but Will needs to die in a fire pronto. This doesn't mean I'm pro Paul/Sonny though... and I'm definitely ANTI Paul/Will. I want Will to be alone and miserable as punishment for being a... word I shouldn't say here.

I was laughing today at how they had Marlena in a scene, and then John would have a scene right after her. OK, show runners, you've made it this far! Now, the next step is SUPER easy. Listen carefully... it's really easy... just get the two actors in the same scene together!

I've heard of Melaswen and the Salem Stalker storyline. Wasn't that when Marlena was apparently killing beloved characters including Alice Horton? Didn't it turn out to be some kind of alternate version of her or some kind of hokum like that? Andre DiMerra was actually behind it wasn't he?
Yea, I've seen that storyline and I still have no idea what was going on. Were the writers on drugs? I don't get it. One minute Marlena was smugly telling John about the murders and the next she was innocently talking drivel about truth serum. It made NO sense. Trust me. Like there's certain years/moments/storylines that I wanna say are really important for character growth and history, especially where Marlena is concerned, but that is not one of them.

The line of the day goes to Roman saying Ciara is expensive when he needs
help. I guess since Bo is gone Ciara can do anything she wants.

Nice to John and Marlena on today. Why oh why did John have to work
and not attend the party so we could see them together?

Will needs to look at himself in a mirror and see who he's become.
He's acting more like his mom everyday.

I hope we see more of Ari's party tomorrow.

Worse than his mother in my opinion. For all her faults, Sami still had something about her which made me want her to win at least some of the time. And when she schemed, it was usually at least thought out. Will just whinges and whines and then comes up with stupid plans which he dives into without thinking through what might happen.

Oh, yea, 100%. I never thought I would say this, but he's worse than Sami right now. He has the kind of personality (when it's not like a brick, which is actually almost always...) where you just start to hope that the bad stuff keeps happening to him because guess what, he deserves it. Because he's awful. I was so happy when Sami left, but now I see that Will is her replacement. Oh god.

tumblr_mp0eykbsey1r9c8mno1_500.gif

I mean, when I find myself wishing Sami was back over Will, I know there's a problem.

Hope is also Lucas' cousin, so she's still related even with being divorced from Bo.

Thank you for saying this--you beat me to it. Hope is Lucas' 1st cousin as her mother and his father were siblings. On top of that, she was married to Bo for many years and is still considered Will's Aunt.

It was odd that Ciara and other kids weren't at the party. It's her 2nd birthday not her 1st. And where was Aunt Jennifer?

Kate looked awful today--the outfit, the hair, everything. I'm over her and her passive--aggressive comments to everyone. And I'm sure Lucas will walk in early from his trip tomorrow.

Yes 2 days in a row of Ben and Clyde in the booth is a bit much. And Ben needs to shave. The scruff doesn't work on him.

I did like the Roman-Caroline scene but was Caroline actually at the party? I didn't see her.

I don't like the writing for John or Marlena. John's scenes with Paul seem way too forced and not genuine. Marlena needs a storyline or 2. And she needs to stop borrowing Maggie's clothing.

If Daniel Jonas shows up at the party tomorrow...

O.K. Heather......glad you mentioned Ben's needing a razor, badly! For sure.
Did not see Caroline at party either.
John & Paul.....still finding their way, is my opinion. (As an aside, I watch a show called The Locator, that unites, if possible, long lost or unknown parents, siblings, relatives, etc. John & Paul appear to be following the path)

I agree about John & Marlena.....it is just wayyyy too apparent these writers do not want to deal with putting them together.
As to what Marlena wears (I think quite often she wears her own clothes) I am very grateful that both she & Maggie, Caroline, too, are not in sleeveless, barely covering the butt attire. Or skin tight, too small, low cut tops/dresses, etc. I think they all look wonderful, and much more appropriate than Nicole, Serena, Jennifer, Jeannie T., Melanie, Jennifer, Abby, etc.

quote="Saayum, post: 556807, member: 9111"]Yea, I've seen that storyline and I still have no idea what was going on. Were the writers on drugs? I don't get it. One minute Marlena was smugly telling John about the murders and the next she was innocently talking drivel about truth serum. It made NO sense. Trust me. Like there's certain years/moments/storylines that I wanna say are really important for character growth and history, especially where Marlena is concerned, but that is not one of them.[/quote]

LOL I am familiar with the work of James Riley who came up with the Salem Stalker storyline. I watched "Passions" which he created in the beginning, and thought it had charm at first, but after a while I got tired of its quirkiness just for the sake of being quirky. He definitely had interesting ideas regarding what made for good daytime television to say the least. :)

Backto Will I have a vision in my head of Will taking Arianna to visit my darling Gabi (who I thought would at least be mentioned since she's Ari's mother after all but there's always tomorrow). She has Ari on her lap and is absently rubbing her daughter's tummy as she listens to Will's incessant whining. He finally stops to catch his breath, Gabi glances towards toward the door of the visiting room where a guard is posted.

Gabi (speaking in a low voice): You know Will, it's probably a good thing I'm locked up right now.
Will (Startled): Why would you say that?

Gabi: Because all I want to do right now is smack you alongside the head so hard that it would make your eyes fall out. WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?

The line of the day goes to Roman saying Ciara is expensive when he needs help. I guess since Bo is gone Ciara can do anything she wants.
Ciara probably encourages Roman to upgrade to every new and improved smart phone that comes on the market. That way, she'd be able to make regular trips to Baron's.
Will - DIE. Paul - LEAVE. Sonny - GROW UP AND FIND A NEW MAN. I think that nice Brian guy is probably still saving the world somewhere and ready for you!! LOL
Or if Brian isn't available, how about Derrick the desk clerk? He could entertain Sonny with stories about all the wacky guests who stay at the Salem Inn -- e.g. "Sonny, wait til you hear about the time a screechy mother caught her son totally bagging his girl friend's mother."

Elsewhere the dysfunction of the Salem P.D. was once again on display. Fearless leader Roman appears to be more concerned that Rafe doesn't creep back into police work than catching crooks. Finally, there was "Polly" calling Chad, "so freakin' hot" that any girl would be after him. If this view of Chad is widespread, it can only be bad news for Harold, who by now presumably has gotten EJ's old DiMera Love Couch clean, sweet-smelling, and sanitary.

I didn't see Caroline at the party. Maybe she was sitting down. I wondered
why they weren't other kids there. Maybe we'll see more of party on Wed show.

I thought it was funny when Aiden and Roman both said to Rafe "Why are
you here?" And both got lied to.

I'm trying very hard to watch the Salem Stalker storyline on YouTube but my god its annoying. I just can't get into it. The most interesting character so far is Rex but I've missed the bit where he stopped being a Dimera/Evans child and became a Roberts/Brady child and I can't work out how/when/why, but I'm also not motivated enough to go look it all up.
Cassie and Rex were originally said to be the children of Tony DiMera and Marlena. Later, DNA testing revealed they were the biological children of Kate and Roman. Marlena was the surrogate who carried them (while held on a DiMera island; she didn't remember, but then later did remember being pregnant with them). Somehow Stefano had Kate's eggs and Roman's sperm stored away and combined them to create the twins.

Back