Days of Our Lives - Tues. Mar. 31, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Gee, Salem is such a great place weather wise. It is March, and not a single person is wearing a coat or even a jacket. Yep, sleeveless rules....lol. At Daniel's apartment, he is apologizing to Nicole for being rude to her last night. She accepts, but Daniel still won't tell her what is going on with Jennifer, JJ, etc. They go back and forth, argue, with Daniel finally saying something about her being patient until he is sure about them. She realizes he is still hung up over Eric, thinks she still has a thing, and tells him they had better call it quits and end all this. Knocking at the door, it is JJ....Nicole uses the opportunity to leave. JJ could see she was upset, and it was a bad time, but Daniel really wants to talk to him.
And now Daniel tells him he wants to talk to him about the jacket he borrowed from him, Paige, his mom, Eve, and that he doesn't like what he is thinking, but wants to hear it from JJ. And the young man tells him he is right, that he went to bed with Eve, felt horrible, had to lie again and again. He seems to be telling most, but not that it happened with Eve more than once. He does say his mom fixed it so he & Paige could be together again. Daniel does seem to be of the opinion that JJ has to make this right again with Paige, but gets a call, a patient has taken a turn for the worse, has to go, but will continue this later. They are not done.

Eve has been talking with Cole, tells him about keeping his friends close, enemies closer. She has a plan. Later, she is with Paige, doing her sappy "mom cares so much for you, only wants your happiness" bit, has to leave, claiming a dentist appt. But Cole has showed up just then, Paige tells her mom it will be o.k. Eve leaves, Cole sits, Paige is about to leave if Cole calls her stupid again. Nope, he sounds very sincere as he is sorry for that, hopes she will remain his friend, he doesn't have many. Paige buys the soft soap, and says, sure. She leaves, he calls Eve, tells her he nailed it. Eve is one happy woman.

Serena & Xander have a long, drawn out, pointless discussion about the diamonds, her not trusting him, wanting her share, yada, yada. He is getting mad, her phone rings, she goes off to take the call. Nicole comes by, joins him, says he seems to be having as bad a day as she is. Small talk. Serena comes back, surprised to see the two together. Xander says they met yesterday. She leaves since Xander is now busy. He realizes Serena & Nicole know each other, Nicole does say they don't get along, he wants more of her opinion, but Nicole feels she would not be objective.He wants to have dinner or something, but she won't without knowing a man's last name. He coyly says if she agrees and goes with him, he might tell her. LOL They part.

Sonny shows up at Paul's door, to thank him for saving his life, and why did Paul not tell him he was the blood donor. Paul says he did not know WHO needed the blood, just that they needed it. And that it was Adrienne who told Paul, thanked him, hugged him. Sonny smiles, his mom IS a hugger. Sonny asks if Will knows, Paul did not tell him. Tori arrives, is surprised to see Sonny, who explains why he is there. He then takes his leave, Tori is quite cool towards him . When Sonny is gone, she asks if Paul is all packed. He asks why she is so rude to Sonny, who is the man who asked Paul to marry him. Her attitude makes paul realize she somehow knows who both Sonny & Will are (or what they look like).

Abby & Ben have a long, long discussion about Chad, Jack's book, the quotes, her affair with EJ, her thing with Chad, how he lied about something important in order to make this other guy interested in her to back away. They go on and on. Ben finally says what she did with EJ is none of his business, that he loves her very much, knows he pushed too soon about having her move in with him. He will never trust anything Chad says or does, can Abby live with that? She kisses him, he did not expect that. Then kisses her again, and leaves.

Will is holding the adorable ARianna, answers the door to find Rafe, wishing Happy Anniversary, giving him a blue shopping bag. It is from Gabi, who did not forget their day. Will gives Ari to Rafe, goes to wake up Sonny, who is not home. He makes some excuse to Rafe, who begins asking questions. This little girl is the most important thing in the world to Gabi, and her happiness is of the utmost importance, so if there is a problem......Will claims it will all be fine, is nothing. After Rafe is gone, Sonny returns, finding Will making special preparations for their anniversary. Ari is with Uncle Rafe.
Will shows the gift that Gabi sent, Sonny opens the card, where Gabi talks of the paper anniversary, and she did the best she could from the place she is in. The guys open the shopping bag together, and pull a framed pic......a collage of all kinds of pic of Ari since she was born. They love it.

Sonny is sorry he did not leave a note for Will, that he left early, and is not going to lie. He tells Will of going to see Paul, thanking him for saving his life. It does seem this is the first that Will has heard that it was Paul Sonny thanks Will for going to all this trouble for their anniversary.

Gee, Salem is such a great place weather wise. It is March, and not a single person is wearing a coat or even a jacket. Yep, sleeveless rules....lol.
And yet I sit here at my desk in jeans, long-sleeve shirt, fleece hoodie, thick socks, fuzzy slippers and I'm watching light snow flurries blowing outside my window.

I want to live in the magical land of Salem, just for the weather.

Not exactly spring-like here on the South Shore of Long Island -- 40 degrees and light rain with some snow expected tonight -- hardly the weather for lightly-clad Salemites. Speaking of Salemites, once again they have displayed their poor judgment: 1) Eve for thinking that her nasty little deal with Cole can stay secret when nothing in Salem ever does; 2) poor Nicole for answering an imperial summons to Dr. McScruffy's place only to endure the usual depressing conversation about relationship problems; 3) Bluebird and Xander for discussing their illegal doings and mutual mistrust in the middle of the Town Square. If only Rafe wasn't reduced to discussing the Will-Sonny relationship, he'd have been roaming the Town Square looking for a chance to hassle a DiMera, and therefore would have been in position to overhear a criminal conspiracy in action. Finally, JJ confessing to the Love Doctor about his trysts with Eve may eventually clear the air, but there will probably be a lot of fireworks first.

Hey folks, the midwest is the midwest. Salem is not far from Chicago...And the weather map will tell you that it is not 75-95 in that area in March. In fact, I don't think it is "go without a coat/jacket and barelegged, in within a 400 mile radius of Chicago. LOL

Well it looks like my grumbling about Arianna not spending time with her uncle Rafe finally paid off. I guess the squealy wheel does indeed get the grease. :)

I loved the Gabi mention and the collage although I did wonder where she got the nice picture frame since I doubt that would be the kind of thing a prison commissary would have in stock. I imagine Rafe could have supplied that. Like Will and Sonny I also miss her. :cry:

Very cute Will/Sonny scene re: Gabi's gift. Nice touch, writers.

Sonny would have been smart to say, "I went to see the blood donor, who saved my life." Pause. "It was Paul." But then Will couldn't have made tantrum-face, LOL.

I still don't believe Xander doesn't know all about Nicole, not for a second.

I think I could stomach Eve & Cole's scheming if I didn't know about it until 3-4 weeks in. I really, really just want this nightmare to end.

JJ did not tell Daniel everything.

I liked Nicole standing up for herself (for once) and for not buying Xander's baloney. I did like that Daniel apologised to her, though, but still, McScruffy could check out or go to mail a letter at any time and I'd not shed a tear.

Oh - and as for the weather here (5 hours north of Chicago), jackets in the AM, short sleeves around noon and 3PM, it was actually sweltering in the sun with winter clothing on, not because it was warm, but just so darn sunny!! Of course I imagine the Horton Town Square dome is heated at all times - geez think of the electric bill on that!!

So Daniel wanted to apologize to Nicole yet she had to come to him?!? Does anyone else have an issue with that? A phone call would have been better than that. Give it up Nicole he is not worth it!!!!!

Serena acting like a 5 year old to Nicole and Eve scheming are getting old and boring. Enough is enough.

I thought the Abby/Ben conversation was interesting and realistic and I could buy that Ben loves her. Though I don't think the EJ mention was necessary at this point. They are already past that.

Rafe and Ari were too cute. Yet Rafe was on for less than 5 minutes. He was not seen after 1:20pm. I have serious issues with that.

Xander evidently does not have a last name. It's interesting he still hasn't interacted with anyone else in Salem. I keep waiting for him to bump into Sonny so we can know once and for all if they are related.

Jason, you're right. JJ didn't tell Daniel everything. He said he slept with Eve
one time. He didn't mention all the other times and that his mother found
him in bed with Eve.....time for a flashback :)

I'm glad Daniel apologized to Nicole. Too bad their chat ended up on the wrong
foot again.

The best part of today's show was Rafe coming to see Will and Sonny. He got
to hold Arianna and they left to spend time together. I wonder if they will
find Parker in the park.

Thanks for the summary.

Glad Daniel apologized to Nicole, and that she stood up for herself. I'm interested to see where things go for her and Xander, because her and Daniel aren't believable as a couple. I do like that JJ told Daniel the truth already, or at least part of it. As for the Cole, Paige, and Eve stuff, enough already. I'm over Serena, too.

It's nice to see the Sonny/Will/Paul stuff, and Tori too. And especially the gift Gabi sent. What a nice touch. Although I wish Rafe were on longer today, at least we got a chance to see him (and with Ari no less!).

Why were Abigail and Ben even in this episode?

It can't be said enough, I really can't stand Daniel. Such a hypocrite. What JJ does with his personal time is as much Nicole's business as it is Dan's. It's not even Jen's business who JJ sleeps with but Daniel thinks he is entitled to know everything while picking and choosing what others should know.

Do the women in the writers room/exec room for this show think Nicole chasing Dan around like a little puppy is entertaining? love? When is she going to realize that it's better to be alone than treated like garbage?

Back