Days of Our Lives - Tues., March 18, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Yayyyy for the Lucas/Sami scenes today, and really, also for the EJ/Abby ones, as well. At the hospital, Jennifer is reaming out a protesting Theresa about the photo, and the nasty items about Jen on the hospital message board. They get in each other's face, wtih Theresa denying having done it, while threatening to put JJ back in jail, while Jen is right back threatening her with the video showing Theresa trying to steal from the hospital. Impasse, both agree to stay out of each other's way. Theresa is in the square, runs into a complimentary Anne, who figures it was Theresa, tells her to keep up the good work. Jen has told Daniel of the encounter, assured him she took care of it, and won't be a problem any more, asks him to do nothing. But, as Theresa marches along, she bumps right into Daniel, who takes the opportunity to let Theresa have it in spades.She gets a little snarky, but Daniel warned her he would destroy her, and he thinks a little talk with the judge back in LA would be just the thing. Theresa is scared, pleads with him not to do this, don't call her parents. She promises she is done with both Jen & Daniel, and they won't have to worry about her again. He says she had better not be lying, as he WILL follow through. He leaves, she stands there, looking a bit scared, and behind her, the eavesdropping Liam steps out. She turns to be on her way, he manages to bump into her, smiles, recognizes her from the hospital, says he is the pharaceutical rep, and they should get to know each other.

Brady is at the Pub bar, drinking, as John walks in. Brady invites him to join him, John refuses to have a drink. Brady goes on about John being a good dad when he was around, but he really was gone half the time, and he wishes he had been gone all the time. He has downed 2 more, gets up to leave, John is trying to make sure he doesn't drive, Brady doesn't want lhis help, Hope comes in, quiets both down. Brady promises to walk, and not drive, leaves. Hope goes to follow, John asks how she is doing. Well, she has told Shawn & Chelsea that Bo won't be back for over a year, Ciara is heartbroken. John promises to let her know if he hears anything. Outside, Brady has sat down on the bench, a bit dizzy, it seems, but gets up, and crashes into Aiden, who is on his phone, sending the phone to the ground. Aiden tells him he reeks of alcohol. Brady is indignant, Hope appears, trying to make peace. Brady will take a taxi, Aiden is angry she let Brady go, Hope claims Brady is a friend, Aiden doesn't care, has zero tolerance for those who imbibe too much alcohol, makes a crack about a cop not doing their job, neglecting to arrest drunk & disorderly, etc. Hope warns him not to tell her how to be a cop.....or a friend.

Later, both Aiden and Hope, separately, call Daniel and Jen to cancel coming to the dinner later. Sorry so last minute, something came up.

JJ is sweeping up the Square, Paige comes by, small talk, back to work. Rory arrives, makes talk about paige, and her web page on some school site. She published an article about drugs, not to do them, etc. Rory figures she would never be interested in the likes of either JJ or Rory, himself. Alone, JJ reads the piece, gets upset, knocks over his bag of trash, starts cleaning it up. Paige arrives, jokes about cleaning up the trash, not making any. He is short and abrupt with her, goes to see his mom later, hates his community service, wishes he could be at the hospital. Jen gives him a pep talk, he goes home, Bev & Rory come visit. JJ goes to get snacks after talking to them a bit about Paige. Rory & Bev take his tablet, and decide to punk JJ, and do something. When JJ returns with a bowl of chips, he wonders what those two have been up to. They play innocent, as we see Paige, talking to her friend MaryBeth, yes, she published her article, tho did not think too much of it. Then Paige notes a friend request from JJ. and wonders why he is asking to be her friend. She seems to say no. ???

Lucas arrives at DiMansion with a big box of family photographs for Allie's project. It sounds like a family tree, as Sami mentions the 46 branches, poor kid. She tells Lucas she has good news, she and EJ have set their wedding date. Lucas nods, "so what is the good news". LOLOL. She frowns, he asks when, she tells him May. She is a bit giddy, Lucas is very solemn. It is apparent he doesn't trust EJ at all, knows EJ loves Sami, but also that EJ tends to screw things up. He tells her May is a ways off, who knows what could happen, EJ could go on trial, Sami land in the hospital, etc. etc. Sami is protesting, that they are in love, very happy and nothing is going to upset or stop this wedding.

they begin pulling pictures out, don't know who this is, smile at a couple, and then out comes their wedding photo. They talk of the beautiful wedding, laugh about the reception, but then Lucas says something about a usual Sami wedding, only lasted 5 months. She frowns, then looks a bit tearful. She tells Lucas he was her very first best friend, her only one, and he still is. She doesn't know what she would do without him in her life. She wants him to be happy, he wants the same for her. (Really, these are marvelous scenes). She teases him about dating that girl from work. He denies they are dating, he is her boss, it is all business. He also has mentioned his sister being back with Daniel, which does not make Lucas happy at all, but if his sister is happy, that is fine with him.

EJ sits with Abby on the park bench, as she suggests going to Europe, having the baby, and adopting it out. EJ absolutely refuses to hear of such a thing, he will be a part of his child's life. He talks of how both Sami & Nicole tried to prevent him from knowing his child, how he grew up without a father, and he will not deny his child, nor have him raised by anyone else. She brings up Sami, but EJ has had enough of her "what ifs". She says he did not want her finding out for sure, he denies this, wanted her to see a doctor, thinks she still should, right now, and we will do it together. They are at the hospital with Dr. Garcia, who promises to put a rush on the results. She gives Abby consent form, EJ advises her to to read it through, so she understands everything. Abby does, signs, and the doctor returns and draws blood. She leaves, Abby is nervous, babbling a bit, asks EJ to get her some water. He leaves, she has this huge fantasy about being at home with Jen & JJ, looking at the baby in a bassinet, Jen assuring her everything is going to be fine. And in comes a screaming, screeching Sami, yelling at Abby for what she has done, how she has ruined the lives of Johnny & Sydney, and she isn't going to get away with it. Abby is backing away, out of camera view, and Sami comes forward in attack mode, screaming she is not going to let Abby get away this this. Horror is on the faces of Jen & JJ as whatever is going on is not seen by us, lol.

Jen arrives at Daniel's with a vase of mums, he confesses about running into Theresa, and being unable to stop himself from getting into it with her. Jen wishes he had not done that, but tis o.k. All is going to be fine.

EJ returns, snaps Abby out of her daytime nightmare. She shakes her head, drinks the water, wonders why the doctor is taking so long. Back at DiMansion, Sami is looking at a pic of her happy family, calls EJ, it goes to voicemail, she happily tells him she just wanted to say how much she loves him their family, and is so looking forward to getting married. And back in the hospital room, Dr. Garcia returns. Abby asks if she has the results. Yes, she does.

For all his worldly savoir faire, EJ is coming off as a bit of a Pollyanna. Yes, if Abigail is pregnant, he could be part of the child's life, but at what cost? Sami isn't exactly going to take the news that her smoochy-moochy is unchanged with good grace. In fact, she just might go high-tailing it back to Lucas (if he'll have her), leaving Elvis in the words of the old Gilbert O'Sullivan song, "alone again naturally." As for Aiden, he really seems unaware of the realities of life in Salem. Brady drunk on a bench is a trifle considering that in recent years, Salem's public spaces have been the locale of the Chad-Melanie kidnapping, the attack on Bo Brady, assorted purse-snatchings, Nicole's unscheduled trip down the Town Square Steps, the Hope muggings, etc., etc. As for Theresa, she better avoid Liam. Sure he too has it in for Jennifer, but the way he's shaping up, he's such a sicko that he's out of even the pothead slacker's league.

I just knew the last scene would be Abby asking about the results and we will have to wait until tomorrow. I believe she will be pregnant although it would be better if she isn't.

Was great seeing Theresa looking scared even though she is not guilty.

John needs to give Brady a time out in the corner. :rotfl:

JJ and his so called friends. Rory and Bev likes to be mischievous. Time for JJ to find some real friends, but seems to be none in Salem his age.

For all his worldly savoir faire, EJ is coming off as a bit of a Pollyanna. Yes, if Abigail is pregnant, he could be part of the child's life, but at what cost? Sami isn't exactly going to take the news that her smoochy-moochy is unchanged with good grace.
Oh, come now, DrBakerFan. Sami has so many kids, and now a grandkid, that EJ could just slip his little new bambino into the mix and Sami wouldn't even notice. And if she did, she'd just think it was her own baby. :rotfl::rotfl:

I agree about Abigail possibly being sick though I want her to be pregnant too. So does EJ I think. :) Terrific scenes today with Abby and EJ. Did anyone else think the time to sign the waiver took a bit long? I wonder if it means anything. Regarding the daydream, Sami doesn't garner any sympathy when dressed like a hooker. That outfit was worse than the tight purple dress last week.

Loved the Sami/Lucas scenes too though if it's Allie's project, where was Allie??? I did enjoy the Sami/Lucas scenes very much but I'll always believe that Rafe is the love of her life and Lucas is her best friend.

What a sick voice mail at the end that Sami is "proud" to be the mother of children borne of rape and a one night stand and then is excited to marry her rapist. I was shocked EJ mentioned the fact that Sami and Nicole kept his kids from him while pregnant.

I think Aiden's wife was either killed by a drunk driver or perhaps was one herself. I'm leaning towards the latter only because it would take him down a notch or two when revealed. Otherwise, the Brady scene was pointless.

The show would have functioned just fine without Brady and John, as much as I love seeing John.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Liam is more dangerous than we think. Something tells me Jen and Theresa may end up in peril together.

The show is getting to be a bit over the top with the instant creepy music whenever Nick or Liam are onscreen. Even Stefano doesn't get that as much anymore.

Sami reminding EJ that she was the mother of his children, was truly a What The Hell scene..Totally Unnecessary..Senseless...Unless it was an Anvil that would later come and drops her off her high horse!

By telling EJ that she's proud to the the other of his kids Sami basically highlighted that their children are truly what holding her and EJ together!

I do NOT believe Abby is pregnant...I think her is having a relapse of Aplastic Anemia...Either that or she will have a false negative and then passes out at Will & Sonny's Wedding then Bam she is really pregnant!

Lucas was just my everything...Sami saying that NOTHING will come between her and EJ this time...Oh Sami I beg to differ...Someone has already came between you and Eej....Her name is Abigal Joanna Deveraux!

What the Hell...In Abby's daydream Jen & JJ stood motionless while watching (Bigfoot) Sami devouring Abby to pieces!

I really really loved Abby's hair in her daydream!

Theresa was very very funny going a few rounds with Jen!

Oh, come now, DrBakerFan. Sami has so many kids, and now a grandkid, that EJ could just slip his little new bambino into the mix and Sami wouldn't even notice. And if she did, she'd just think it was her own baby. :rotfl::rotfl:
This would give EJ something in common with the European cuckoo and the cowbird, which leave their eggs in other birds' nests. Come to think of it, EJ, like certain other Salemites, has always been a bit "cuckoo."

Did anyone else think the time to sign the waiver took a bit long? I wonder if it means anything.
Could be; also, the doctor mentioning the false positive or false negative. To me, that means we can't rely upon what we hear tomorrow. Granted, she told Abby that some medications could throw that off, but this is Salem, even a baloney sandwich could throw off the results!

It really seemed to be that perhaps Aiden's wife died as the result of a drunk driver. But she also could have been an alcoholic herself perhaps, developed cirrhosis of the liver...or something????

I think Abby will end up not pregnant. They have dragged the possibility of her being pregnant out too long.

I always love it when Lucas is on-screen. Lucas has always been Sami's best pairing. However, after the way she has treated him, I do not want them to get together after EJ's indiscretions most likely will be revealed.

I actually agreed with Aiden today. Brady was acting like a jerk when he ran into him and had he been a random drunk, Hope would have probably taken him in for drunken disorderly conduct. Brady needs to have his butt kicked for his attitude lately, not everyone holding his hand.

Even though Theresa is annoying, I do not want her involved in any way with crazy Liam. I think he is way out of her league and he may be more unhinged than we realize at this time. What is up with Super Dan lately? He could not sense Nicole's lies about the shredded documents and he is unable to realize that Theresa is telling the truth that she is not behind the smear campaign on Jennifer. The man is losing his golden touch.:sarcasm:

Nope there's no way they'll let anyone but Sami have Ej's children..... she is his one true love no one else can bear his seed.

Back