Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 10, 2016

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
At the hospital (nurses station area), John tells Marlena that Dr Chung is doing tests on Paul, who doesn't know what this is. Paul can't lift his head off the Pillow, or recognise John. John mentions that others have this thing, too.

In Gabi's hospital room, Gabi is frantic for Arianna, who is with "the best pediatricians." Mami is with her, JJ, too. Gabi is fighting, but Adriana goes to check on Ari. Gabi then falls silent, worrying JJ. Later, Dr Chung is asking about what Gabi did, ate, etc.; wants her brothers checked on to be sure they're okay (even though Mami/JJ are asymptomatic). He is shocked to learn she was at a photo shoot with Paul before lunch.

Back at the nurses desk, extras are rushing in with flu-like symptoms. Adriana walks by, John stops her, they learn his son/her granddaughter are suffering the same symptoms. Marlena goes to check on Arianna. Adriana worries about Ari, it had been a great day until this. She worries the docs are withholding info; John negates this idea, holds her hand to comfort her.

At Rafe's giant house, he is cleaning up. Dario asks who the lucky woman was. Later, they're on the patio having a drink, Rafe is dodging questions about his lady friend; they argue about the "paid assassin masquerading as head of the family" who "took a bullet for Rafe" instead of talking about Rafe's female companion. Rafe apologises for being rough on Dario, who admits he lacks direction compared to Rafe/Gabi. Rafe backs down, says if Dario needs to float, that's fine. He feels Dario's holding something back though; Dario storms out. Rafe gets a text to meet Hope at the station ASAP.

At Hope's, she flashes back to Aiden's appearance as she cleans up the shattered cup. While she's in the kitchen, Ciara enters with some boxes (?). Hope dashes through the room to leave, sees Ciara, says there's an emergency. Before she leaves, she asks if Ciara's OK; Ciara responds in the negative and says the same seems to apply to Hope. Hope asks her what's wrong, and Ciara flashes back to Theo confessing his love and kissing her. She plays it off, saying she should be living it up in her last semester of school, worries about her plan for Mark's car affecting all her friends, and now Abe's ban on Theo/Ciara interaction. They fight about Hope's concern for Ciara vs Ciara's independence. Ultimately, no new info is released; Ciara tells Hope to go deal with her emergency. Hope leaves; Ciara goes upstairs.

Later, Claire visits Ciara. Ciara talks of her plan to move out to "one of the DiMera cottages" because she "can't deal with [her] mom anymore." Claire's been working really hard so Philip has a reason to sign her to his record label, suggests they think it over. Claire also suspects this is not just about Ciara/Hope, but about Theo. Ciara thinks Claire only thinks about "boys and love and stuff" and updates her on Abe's ban on Ciara/Theo, fesses up that Theo said he loved her and "like really kissed" her. Claire asks if Ciara loves him, too?

At the police station, Roman says, "What the hell?" when the uniforms bring in "the man who claims to be Aiden Jennings." Roman's not sure what's up, but it's ending now. Later, Aiden is cuffed, but won't speak to Roman, only to Hope.

At the Pub, Caroline refuses to give Kayla coffee. Kayla confides in her about Joey's prom crime; Caroline laughs, comparing it lightly to "some of the things you and your brother" did at that age. Caroline implores her to sit and have a decent meal; Fynn approaches and invites himself to dinner. (Caroline will make them Brady Beef Stew.) A bit later, they're seated at a table, and Caroline refuses to let Kayla salt her stew before tasting. Kayla ignores a call from Steve, and despite her vow not to talk about Steve, they talk about little else. While Fynn is gone (at the restroom, apparently) Caroline asks Kayla about "Flynn," who Kayla insists is a friend. She and Fynn get beeped, rush off to the hospital.

In his office, Steve is flashing back as he notices his jacket is missing. He calls Joe and asks if he's seen it. Later, he's in the square, asks Theo/Abe if they have seen Joe. Nope, they respond, offer to tell Joey to call Steve if they see him; Steve asks instead that they call him first. Steve leaves; Theo is angry at Abe for his forbidding Theo to see Ciara, as Ciara has complied for fear of getting Theo in trouble. Theo gets loud, is sure he loves Ciara and that she loves him. Ciara wouldn't hurt him but Abe is, Theo states. Abe continues to worry, Theo to vent about Abe being afraid of Judge McNair. Abe promises Mark will be punished when the school has proof, but it was wrong of Ciara/Theo to retaliate. Theo feels that he is a good influence on Ciara, not her a bad one for him. Abe realises he's looking at a young man.

Back at the police station, Rafe arrives and Roman shows him Aiden. Prints are running, DNA sample on the way. Roman updates Rafe on the situation, Hope arrested "Aiden." Rafe goes into the interrogation room, demands to know who "Aiden" is. (Really, Rafe? Arnold Finnegar ring a bell?) Hope enters, Rafe leaves with her. They confer with Roman, who informs them he will only speak with Hope. Hope is OK with this, she has to know what's happening here. Before she goes in, Roman wants a rundown of everything that happened tonight. Roman and Rafe worry about Hope's safety, but she says it only makes sense for her to question Aiden (sorry folks, these scenes seem kind of jumbled). Roman wants Rafe in there with her, Hope says no. Roman states another "one condition," that everything is recorded.

At Hope's, Ciara dodges Claire's question, there's a knock on the door. Steve shows up, asks about Joe, Ciara hasn't seen him; Claire flashes back to the private-square-teen-coffee-clutch where Joey/Jade talked about dashing to LA. Claire does not evade, Steve points out that Joe has a hearing (like they do) and will be arrested if he doesn't show. Claire tells Steve about LA, although Ciara thinks it was just talk. Steve hopes that's true, asks them to call him if they see Joe. He leaves; Claire asks Ciara if Joey and Jade really ran to LA, they don't know, and Ciara worries of her part in the teens' destruction. She's glad Theo wasn't involved; Claire thinks this means more feelings than she'll admit. Ciara does have feelings for Theo, but craves a "bad boy" type as well. (Ed. note: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::sick::sick:.) Not dangerous, just adventurous, à la Bo saving Hope from Larry Welch. Claire leaves, Ciara wants them to talk tomorrow about their plans. Theo arrives, wants to know how Ciara feels about him. Ciara says, "Maybe, I don't know." Theo thinks she does, she says maybe, and they kiss.

At the hospital, Dr Chung updates Fynn and Kayla about the outbreak; nobody's responding to flu protocols. They must figure this out before people start dying. A bit later, she is telling John and Marlena they still don't know anything. More people come in, and Kayla and Fynn discuss the case. In Gabi's room, Adriana is telling the unconscious Gabi that Ari is OK; Dario enters, realises Gabi's condition is serious.

At Steve's office, Steve is talking on the phone to Mr or Mrs Jade, who are not worried that they haven't seen their daughter since bailing her out. Apparently they act rudely to him.

Back at the hospital with Gabi, Dario says Rafe was OK when he saw him a bit ago. Gabi asks Adriana to tell her the story of the funny fox, is getting irrational, Dario and JJ rush out. Gabi says she can't see. JJ and Dario go to Fynn, tell him about Gabi's disorientation. The hospital is filling up with victims, Fynn takes them aside. Kayla gets a call from Steve that Joe has run away from home.

At the police station, Aiden's fingerprints are missing. Hope knows things only Aiden would know. Goes into the room, turns on a recording device, tells him to start talking. (Just my opinion, but the lighting/filming are very odd in these police station scenes.)

Roman, either. He's got a lookalike named Alex North and another named Chris Kositchek, and was replaced for years by John Robichaud-Alamain-Black. LOLOL

At this point, they should be sitting down for tea with Aiden and swapping prisoner stories!!!

Loved everything today but the stalling at the cop shop and Teen Ciara. Claire needs a more interesting friend.

I'm not sure we'll ever meet Jade's mother. But if we do, I want her played by Wendy Moniz.

moniz-wendy-image.jpg

A few comments :

- When a virus spreads so fast, and you want to contain it, you restrain visits, put gloves on, put a mask on, stop holding the hands of the person who's sick and then go traipsing around the hospital... :rolleyes: Need I say more ?

- If Hope is too old for Rafe, Kayla is certainly too old for Fynn in my opinion. What is this ? :confused:

- If Ciara is not sure of her feelings for Theo and she does not want to hurt him : she should, oh, I don't know... stop kissing him ? And the writers should never, ever, made her say she still wants a "bad boy". Nope, that's just wrong. And by the way, why must a good guy on Days always be seen as boring ? Enough.

- Rafe, Roman, Hope, Aiden : I'm not sure I care yet.

- Dario : I know I don't care !
- Kayla and Steve : way to go, Days Writers ! Again, great writing !:sarcasm:

- Finally, I hate virus and epidemic stories. :sick::angry:Period.

And Hope should well remember a woman named Princess Gina, for crying out loud. Rafe and Hope shouldn't even bat an eye about being replaced by a doppelganger.
No wonder that Aiden looks so sad. People who should fully understand his situation are giving him no sympathy. In any case Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) certainly got a rest today. After carrying yesterday's episode almost singlehandedly, all he had to do was sit in a chair.
- Finally, I hate virus and epidemic stories. :sick::angry:Period.
Agree. This is just a throw-away plot to create false drama and make Dr. Dingo look like a hero. Speaking of Dingo, it might have been a good line if when Caroline offered him Brady Stew, he'd said: "No thanks, I'd like some Wanchai Ferry kung pao chicken please." Finally, the less said about the make-believe romance between poor "dull" Theo and Teen Ciara the better. As I said on an earlier thread, the first time she meets a handsome hunk with an iota of manners and a few shreds of personality, Theo will be history.

I agree Kayla is 'too old' for Fynn, but since it seems to be just a device to annoy Steve I'm ok with it. Kayla went what, 16 years without a date, she deserves a bit of attention for once. I don't expect them to actually progress that far anyway so its not bugging me in the way Hope/Rafe is.

Also, they seem determined to have the Hernandii a major core family, with Rafe being the prominent son (and Dario the misguided idiot son), so it seems weird to me to pair him up with someone's granny. If they pair him with someone younger they can spawn from him, have baby daddy or baby switching or baby kidnapping drama, and give Ari a cousin to pretend she's not related to in 5 years time when they are teens.

Ugh, Ciara, please just be quiet. Your mother barely acknowledges your existence and you come and go as you like. Don't whine about your 'overbearing mother' when everyone knows it's complete bull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Jason.

I like Roman's new hair do.

Why would Steve care his black jacket is gone? He has another one. So, it
doesn't
have the puffy sleeves :)

I enjoyed Theo and Abe's talk about Theo no longer a boy.

Nice to see John and Marlena. Too bad they basically stood around.

I wonder if the illness everyone has is SOD.. Soap Opera Disease.
It comes around usually
during sweeps and sometimes helps with the overcrowding of characters. Hopefully, Fynn and
Kayla will figure out what is soon before the whole town gets it.

Kayla and Fynn: I don't mind this. Now that doesn't mean I think this is actually going anywhere or that Fynn is really a threat when it comes to Kayla and Steve's inevitable reunion. But the character of Fynn has been pretty much a space taker-upper up until now. So I figure that if the character is going to be on the show they might as well do SOMETHING with him storyline wise.

Here's how I would have written the Rafe and Dario's "bonding scene."

Rafe: So what did you end up doing tonight?
Dario: Ah well, I just helped a friend get rid of a dead body.
Rafe: You didn't use your car did you?
Dario: Of course not!
Rafe: That's good. (downs a shot of tequila) So did you go the abandoned building route?
Dario: No, we dug a grave.
Rafe (nods approvingly): That's a lot more work but still the classics are the best.
Dario: That they are. That they are. (also downs a shot)
Rafe (chuckling): You know, Gabi, Kate and Sami actually used the "Throw 'em in the river" technique.
Dario: What? That's ridiculous! Didn't they know the body usually turns up alive when you do that?
Rafe: Apparently not because that's exactly what ended up happening with Nick.
Dario (sighs): Some people just have to do things the hard way.

Gabi: What can I say other than she had better get better soon!!

Why do you not like when a younger guy gets with an older woman, but it's ok vice versa? I say if there is a mutual attraction, and both adults, it doesn't matter the age difference. Besides Fynn is only there to annoy Steve. I agree about the non-quarantine. By now there should be precautions.

Was wondering when you would comment about Gabi being ill with this new "flu"...

As to Fynn:...This actor won a contest in Australia giving him a 3 month contract on Days. Thus, not much to do. However, I think Days knew they were losing Dr. Tan...I mean Dr. Dan...so kept him on, as Salem Hosp. does need a male doc who does surgery.
See, as much as I love Kayla, she rarely has a patient, or does an operation, so another doctor is needed. Craig Wesley, where ARE you? LOL

That conversation over drinks.........Oh, I would love for Hope, Gabi, Marlena, John, to be in the group, with them all commenting. Eat, drink and be merry...right?

Dario though? Is there something else bugging him? I mean, Mami, Rafe, Gabi have had their words with Eduardo, let lhim know how they felt, and seem to have tried to get past & move on. But Dario has not. Now he had to be a lot younger than Rafe when Eduardo left, but he is really resentful. More than anyone else. Why? He is not the one who had to help support family like Rafe. Something else is bugging him......(my opinion, only)

It is funny how EVERYONE involved in the whole Aiden situation should absolutely be able to relate! Someone has to say it at some point! Acknowledge that they have all had doubles!

Oh my god these teens are the most self centered ungrateful brats I have ever seen. They all think they are 18 and they know everything now!! They don't know squat!! Very annoying. And there is no way Ciara in love with Theo. She loves him as a brother. She does need to stop kissing him. And Ciara wants a bad boy? Had a bad boy, and that didn't work out too good for her. And I'm afraid as to what that is alluding. Every teen story is just awful at this point.

I wouldn't care about the age difference between Rafe and Hope if they would just acknowledge it. Have Shawn be against this and provide some angst for them. Someone needs to. Also, have the age difference be an issue for them. Why can't they have a discussion about Hope not being able to give Rafe a child? I realize it's very early on but they've already admitted love:rolleyes: so why not? Also, I truly don't think they have romantic chemistry so that's why they are not enjoyable to me as a couple. Friends yes, couple no.

I'm at the point where I'm ready to fast forward Ciara and Claire until they start mentioning they are related. Every time Claire says "my parents", Ciara should have a snarky comeback about her brother Shawn. And instead of saying "your mom", Claire should be saying "Grandma". Ciara can still say "my mom" but Claire needs to say "Grandma". Same goes for the conversation with Caroline and Kayla. Why did she just mention Joey and "his friends"? Why not mention Ciara and Claire were arrested too? :rolleyes: I also have yet to hear Claire say "Uncle Steve" but Ciara says it all the time. Semantics people but they go a long way.

I did think the police station stuff was dragged out. I thought Aiden was going to talk to Hope today. I do like that Hope has handled this herself so far. She arrested him herself and then agreed to talk to him by herself. I'm ok with that.

I knew Roman was going to say "What Da Hell" the first time he saw Aiden before he even said it. :)

It would have been nice to actually see Paul instead of just hearing about him. And since when did John and Marlena meet Mami? Did I miss that? I had trouble taking Mami's worry about Gabi and Ari seriously considering her son was in a coma for almost a year and we never saw her. And where was Eduardo? Dario can leave anytime now.

Agree with all said about the quarantine. At this rate all of Salem will need to be quarantined.

I don't have an issue with Fynn and Kayla. I think Steve and Kayla are still end game.

I knew Roman was going to say "What Da Hell" the first time he saw Aiden before he even said it. :)
Me too!! I'd have been disappointed if he hadn't said it.
It is funny how EVERYONE involved in the whole Aiden situation should absolutely be able to relate! Someone has to say it at some point! Acknowledge that they have all had doubles!
I wish I could like this comment 100 times!

Why do you not like when a younger guy gets with an older woman, but it's ok vice versa?

To clarify, I didn't say anything about genres. I said I thought if it was a problem that Hope was too old for Rafe, it should be also obvious that Kayla is too old for Fynn. (In the past, I thought it was terrible to see a very young Nicole with a very much older Victor, by the way.) So I think it is indeed important to address such issues as age difference in a relationship, whether the man, or the woman, is older. I never said it was "ok" for a man to be with a younger woman. Could it work ? Yes. Could a woman be with a younger man ? Yes. But at least show the struggle. Oh, and also, I don't think it's a matter of being able to "give" a man children or not. It's about sharing interests, being on the same page, etc.

Heather, I was wondering about John knowing Mami also but then I remembered, they met when Rafe discovered her in John's dad's warehouse. They really didn't show them interact per se, but, guess we are to think they did.

Last edited:
Oh, and also, I don't think it's a matter of being able to "give" a man children or not. It's about sharing interests, being on the same page, etc.

Agreed however, considering that Rafe and Jordan discussed wanting children within the last year and a half, I think it's an entirely relevant conversation for Rafe to have with any woman he is serious about. Could Hope get pregnant? A stretch but probably so. And they certainly could adopt as well. But it should be discussed nonetheless.

I have no issues with it as long as its addressed realistically, and it doesn't limit potential future storylines.

If they were going to have Shawn arcing up about his step daddy being not that much older than him, that'd be a good start, but they wont, since they can't work out what to do with Shawn anyway.

Back