Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 10, 2016

The fact that the show is ignoring Hope's connection to Shawn and Claire in an effort to make her appear younger and closer to Rafe in age is one of the biggest reasons I don't like the pairing. The other reason I am against this pairing is Hope acts like a damsel in distress always running to Rafe for help in the last few months with Stefano and Andre and now with Aiden. Hope and Bo worked more as a team and she knows very well how to handle herself in dangerous situations. She does not need a man to take care of her like that.

I did not mind Hope with Aiden until he tried to kill her last November (even if he was replaced by a doppelganger at the last minute, he still planned her death). Aiden is also younger than Hope, I think on his gravestone they said he was 45. Maybe because he had a son and had been married before he just seemed to fit more with Hope than Rafe does.

It annoyed me today that Rafe ran right to the police station when Hope texted him today. Didn't Mami send a message to both Dario and Rafe about Gabi? Although he usually annoys me, I like the fact that Dario came straight over to check on her. Rafe could have at least called Mami to check on Gabi but mention he had to go into work. If he did that, the show did not bother to show it to us.

I liked seeing John and Marlena, but their scenes were so brief. How come whenever they are on it is only for a few scenes?

I loved seeing Kayla with Caroline again. They need to keep Caroline focused on her family and not running off to Victor and Maggie all of the time. As for Fynn and Kayla, I am not too worried about her getting too involved with him. She treats him as a friend only. I too, believe Steve and Kayla will reunite again.

I have no issues with the age difference between Rafe and Hope, it's the fact that they are painfully lacking in sexual romantic chemistry. Had Aiden not been brought in for Hope, I think I would have eventually gone along with her and Rafe, but it's too little too late now. I am all about Hope and Aiden!

The Fynn and Kayla scenes just plain turn my stomach. He's a very very poor imitation of Dr Dan when he first came on Days. (I couldn't stand him then, either.)

I'm OK with Rafe and Hope except I wish they wouldn't have gone to his bedroom the other day. I don't care that they've known each other for years. It is still too soon for them to do the sheet mambo.

One new pairing that I'm really liking is the newly matured JJ with Gabi.

I agree, Heather4CU, Steve and Kala have seen better days. Now there is too much history for them to be viable. Every time I see him I think of him romping in the sack with Ava, plus him being gone for eons. How could they ever get back to what was?

I do agree not every woman wants a child, or another child in a new relationship. And I do not want to see Hope pregnant again. I'm not even a massive Rafe fan if I'm totally honest. I find him bearable at best. But the show seems committed to making him a main player, and I think pairing him with Hope limits his storyline potential in that direction.

A couple of things I noticed: when Kayla and Caroline were at the bar talking, you could see that the money Caroline was straightening was some sort of play money. Kind of weird, although I suppose understandable. Also, at the cop shop, I'm pretty sure after Roman said "What da hell" in regards to Aiden, Rafe came in and said "What the hell" when he saw Aiden. I expected Roman to say - yeah - that's what I said! LOL!

I agree. Some women can't/won't have children and that shouldn't necessarily be the sole basis of whether or not to continue a relationship. Women aren't just breeders and men can find out they are sterile, too.

Agreed. However, Rafe made it clear in discussions with Jordan over the past year and a half that he did want children of his own. So, it would be totally plausible for him to have a similar discussion with Hope. Not saying they should break up over it, just that they should acknowledge their age difference and the fact that she has grown 2 children already.

A couple of things I noticed: when Kayla and Caroline were at the bar talking, you could see that the money Caroline was straightening was some sort of play money. Kind of weird, although I suppose understandable. Also, at the cop shop, I'm pretty sure after Roman said "What da hell" in regards to Aiden, Rafe came in and said "What the hell" when he saw Aiden. I expected Roman to say - yeah - that's what I said! LOL!
Yes, I caught that, too. It made me laugh that Rafe got to use Roman's standard "what da' hell??" line.

..... it's the fact that they (Hope/Rafe) are painfully lacking in sexual romantic chemistry.

I think we have to face the fact that Abby/EJ was a very tough act for any other actors to follow. Although Ava/Steve placed a close second. :love:

Kayla ate at least one spoonful of Pub stew! More proof that Spectators do have some influence. :)

That was a very mean/jealous look on Rafe's face today, when Hope went in for the solo interview with Aiden! Are the writers going to further ruin the character? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the summary.

Liked seeing Roman. I think the investigative scenes with Aiden were probably the best on the episode. Again, the doppelgängers are silly, but at least Aiden is back! I'm usually not a fan of cougar couples (no matter the gender), but Hope and Rafe are especially strange in that they have no chemistry. I wouldn't mind her getting back with Aiden, as I truly believe he never had any intention of harming her.

I'm so done with the teen scene and also not a big fan of Fynn and Kayla. But at least the saving grace there is that Kayla probably will end up with Patch.

Back