Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 24, 2016

WOW! What a great show. I was crying at a couple of scenes. I was never a big Jack fan, but this Jack I liked. Yes, they both should have had years, not months this last time. Loved seeing Julie & Doug help and of course, loved seeing Lucas. It has been way too long. I even liked seeing Maggie & Brady at the end, recognizing that they also were addicts. Powerful writing for this one.

Loved the episode. Lucas and Jack were the highlights for sure. I enjoyed the walk down memory lane with Jack and Jennifer. Although, I need to take a little umbrage with Jennifer in her comment about "that girl died when you died". Could have fooled me, Jenny. I seem to recall Jack dying and you moving on with your life rather swiftly but that was different writers, yada yada yada. It was nice to see Doug and Julie rallying around Jennifer and helping her in this fight. I thought Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) gave a stellar performance today and should be a shoe-in for an Emmy nomination next year once again.

Excellent episode.

I hope we'll see Doug and Julie in the house. And I hope we see more of Lucas
since Jennifer needs him.

I saw the episode first without sound to make funnies. I saw the episode completely
different even when I watched it.

How many times have all of us lost things in our house and destroyed a room or rooms
trying to find it? I have and that's what I kept thinking about the whole time I saw the
show. Where are my car keys? Where are those important papers?

I loved the dream Jen had with her JJ and Abby.

Jack said he missed the fun Jen. And being alone because the kids are gone and
he's gone. Goodness, this is when I started I to cry.

I'm glad Jen has friends and family that will take care of her. And maybe one day
Jen will realize wearing high heels isn't going to make her back feel better :)

Great episode! Unfortunately I feel like the Jennifer addiction story should have been more front-burner but this almost evens it out...great to see Jack, and Doug/Julie, and Brady in the meeting. And My BFF (Best Friend Forever) Lucas. And they mentioned my other BFF, Carly:love::love:!!! (I'm glad Jen thought Carly's addiction story made little sense, too!!)

This has definitely been one of the best episodes Days has done in awhile. Jennifer's addiction story is so realistic, not dead people coming back to life, not revenge storylines, not good people committing crimes and getting away with it, or endless, useless triangles. I loved seeing Jack again. This is the Jack I have loved all of these years, not the terrible way they wrote him the last time he was on. Jennifer was also in character and was the Jennifer I remember enjoying when she first came on as a teenager. Jack and Jennifer are magic together.

I always enjoy Doug and Julie when they are on the show, and we got to see Lucas. Anytime Lucas is on the show seems so much better. As someone else said, I did not mind Maggie and Brady there at the end for the AA meeting. As former addicts they fit right in this storyline.

Sigh. If only the writers can put the effort into their work and turn out more episodes like this, the show would be much better.

Did anyone else wonder why Jennifer wouldn't need detox if she was addicted to such strong pain medicine? Withdrawals can be very dangerous for some. I suppose she'll just eat a leaf from the miraculous Salem healing tree, lol.

Kt, I wondered about Jennifer cutting off the drugs abruptly too. I thought she said something about it to Lucas but I can't remember what.

I enjoyed this episode. So glad to see Lucas and Jack. It makes me sad that it appears there's no way Jack will ever be a regular again. I sure wish they would use Lucas more often!

Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) also said in her SOD interview last week that this episode took her 3 days to film. I've only seen half of it so far but I can't wait to rewatch later.

I thought it was funny that Jennifer had a different hairstyle before and after she trashed the living room.:)

Now I'm in the majority! LOL! I also really liked this episode - great acting all around, especially with Missy Reeves (Jennifer)! And like most of you, I also teared up at the end. I suppose I really started when they panned the "crowd" and there sat Jack in the window... and when they panned again, most of them had tears in their eyes as well. Very well done.

Wow! Thanks for the write-up. This proves that the writers can be really good if they want to! Let's hope to see more of this! I also love seeing all the positive comments. And feel great to write one.

First of all, soooo glad to see Lucas, Doug, and even Julie (who sometimes annoys me). I wasn't a big Jack fan, but am glad he was on. This storyline is so realistic (particularly given all the drug crises across the country now), and should've been front burner instead of all the other crappola airing now. I hope we get more continuation of all the meetings Jennifer, Brady, Lucas, Maggie and all them will be going to (instead of it being dropped like Jack's PTSD group back in 2011). That part had me tearing up at the end, as did the part with Julie & Jennifer fighting over the pill bottle. Love this. I am glad Hope wasn't on today (she's on too much), but I hope in the coming few weeks she is there to support her "Cuz".

Back