Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 3, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
May 3, 3016

Summer's visitor is named Clark, pushes his way into the room, and calls her Cindi! She wonders how he found her he says when a large amount of money is an incentive, it made it easy for him. She tells him to call her Summer...oh, yeah, now you are going by Summer. He figures she has another con going, wants in.

Next, Summer is pacing in the private park area, she calls Dario, leaves a message to call her immediately. More pacing. She next brings up Brady's number.

In the square, Brady is chasing after angry Theresa, pushing the buggy, who is tired of him not listening to her, but he says he has, that she thinks he has this hero complex. They argue back & forth about it, about Summer, with Brady finally getting her to smile, as he is with her, with Tate, goes to sleep with her, wakes up with her, etc. etc. Later they are at Club Edge,....And of course, now he gets the frantic call from Summer who needs help, is scared.

He meets up with Summer, who gives him the big sob story about needing money, yada, yada. Brady digs his heels in, no money til she says who the guy is, and why. She claims the fellow was a mark, that she conned him out of a large sum, lived comfortably for a long time...needs $50,000..

But let's backtrack a bit. At the Kmansion, Kate wants to know what the heck is going on. Deimos explains, Nicole looks uncomfortable, Kate not happy at all. She notes that Nicole has her own company to run, why come to run Basic Black. Deimos figures to buy DJWear, put it into Titan, too, offers Nicole a very large sum of money (written on a piece of paper. She will think it over, leaves. Kate is not happy, Deimos schmoozes her, and before you know it, both are up in his bed, having a great time. He gets a call, leaves, will be back right away.

Nicole has joined Brady & Theresa at the club, tells them all about Deimos's offer. Theresa is a bit hesitant, Brady against it, knows why Nicole is considering the deal. Nicole claims Theresa will still be running DJWear, however she wants. While they talk, Deimos has slipped in, sat at the bar a few minutes, then left. Nicole is taking off, Brady stopping her, trying to talk her out of working with Victor to bring about Deimos's downfall, finally telling her that there is another plan in place, that she is just a diversion. This gets her dander up, she knows what she is doing, and will prove to be more than just a diversion. She takes off, Brady gets the distress call from Summer.

Now over at Victor's, he & Maggie have gotten into a big argument about Deimos, she knows something is going on, Victor avoiding telling her. In the middle of it, Caroline & Julie come to call, all is awkward, but Victor goes to get the ladies some tea. Julie knows something is going on, Caroline figures it is about Deimos, & Maggie tells of Victor losing his house, money to Deimos, how Deimos poisoned her, and forced Vic to give it all to him in exchange for the antidote. That she fell down the stairs and is now in this position because of the poisoning. Victor has returned, Caroline is indignant for Maggie, but Victor is insisting NO retaliation. He gets a call from Nicole, letting him know she is still in. Caroline & Julie take their leave, Victor goes out in the hall with them, asking Caroline to touch his hand, does she sense anything. No, nothing. She no longer has the visions....ever since the day of his heart attack.

Kate has come downstairs, is now dressed, is looking for something, opening a couple of desk drawers, and in one, on the top, is the picture of Helena. She looks at it, holding it, when Deimos walks in. Kate now understands his interest in Nicole. Deimos pours himself some wine, says it was a woman he loved long ago, and that it would have been better had Kate never seen it..as he goes upstairs.

Now Nicole walks in, looking for the man of the house. The two women have one of those civilized, verbal, meow, catfights. Kate is saying her resemblance to Helena doesn't mean anything, that was 30 years ago. Nicole notes that after 30 years in prison, Deimos made a bee line for Salem, and Victor's house, destroyed him, all because of that woman. Kate lets Nicole know that Deimos only offered her the job & to buy her company in order to keep an eye on her, doesn't trust her, wants her under his thumb, he doesn't trust her.

Nicole reminds Kate that many years ago, Victor moved from Kate's bed into hers, assuring her that kind of history will not be repeated. Deimos walks in, Nicole smiles, has come to take him up on his offer. He invites her into his study, they can go over the details.

I don't have much to say about today's show, really. I didn't hate it, but I certainly didn't like it either. Even my favorite female character, Nicole, cannot bring me to care much these days.

Two things, though :

No offense to the actress, but Kate has got to lose the now green hair. Enough ! It's just horrible, in my opinion.

And the baby in the night club. What to say ? I'm torn between :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I cannot imagine WHY, during a sweeps period, there is so much dragged out. All I kept doing was keep looking at my watch...how long to the end.

It did seem that what mattered in today's show could have been shown in less than 10 minutes. Once Clark called Summer "Cindi"....yep, lied about her name.

Maggie telling Caroline & Julie what Deimos did, and then Vic learning Caroline's visions had stopped
Nicole getting the offer from Deimos, then taking it (although Theresa & Brady never did agree to selling DJWear to Deimos) Hmmm, sounds like less than 5 minutes. Everything else was filler.

Really, the entire Brady/Jeannie T conversation, Brady/Nicole conversation, Maggie/Vic argument, even the Nicole/Kate confrontation......none meant a thing.

And I do agree about Kate's hair........just looking really bad. Was thinking today she should go rainbow now, yellow, pink, violet..add some orange, :rotfl:

And the baby in the night club. What to say ? I'm torn between :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.
A trifle unusual, yes, but Tater Tot is probably more mature than the awful teens who just used Belle's joint for their prom. Speaking of Tater Tot, if Victor ever decides to retire as Salem's king of the one liner, his mother, Jeannie T., might just be able to fill in -- today saying that calling Deimos and Ms. Blue-Green Chunk snakes would be an "insult to snakes" and suggesting that Cindi/Summer be dumped on Mulholland Drive. (If she'd seen the film Mulholland Falls, she might have suggested that the psycho grifter be tossed off Mulholland Drive.) Over at his humble home, Victor was in fine form referring to Cindi/Summer as a "neurotic grifter" and making multiple references to the Greek classics. Finally, it was sad to see that Henderson seems to be out of a job. Perhaps, the next time that Maggie warns Victor against seeking vengence, he should say, "I have to do it for Henderson."

Theresa said a lot of zingers today. I liked the one when Summer called Brady, Theresa said "I-800-Lancelot"

I think Kate's hair turned
green because she's either jealous of Nicole or Helena.

I guess we'll find out later if Nicole is just taking job or not. Maybe Brady and Theresa
will buy
her out of DJ wear. This way, Brady can get his super hero costume at a discount.

I wonder how much of what Summer told Brady about Clark is true. Too bad Summer
moved to Salem. Clark never found her in LA :)

Nice to see Julie today. What's Victor going to do? Caroline no longer has vision.

I'm not sure how much longer I can deal with this show. It's so boring. I feel like I should be using my time more wisely, like, I don't know, picking lint off my clothes, counting the hairs on my head, pondering the meaning of life. God bless you Poirot for writing these summaries.

Things that stood out for me today.

Tate in that buggy. Wasn't Jeannie T. talking about him trying to walk the other day. Just seems like he should have been in a stroller. Seems like he would be too big for a buggy, but then he could not have been hidden.

1985 on that picture of Helena. Maybe its because '85 seems like yesterday to me, but I know Victor was in Salem in '85 . Those flashbacks don't make Victor and Deimos seem very far apart in age. All this is just a weird mess.

Oh and another thing Julie,Maggie and Caroline together, like "Victor's Angels" all with him at some point.

It did seem that what mattered in today's show could have been shown in less than 10 minutes. Once Clark called Summer "Cindi"....yep, lied about her name.
WOW does this mean that superboy Daniel didn't realise he was being conned by a sleazoid? How is this possible!??!?!?!

The baby in the club...ugh......

Today was a day where I watched the first two acts and then muted the show. I just couldn't dredge up concern for anything on screen today. And Deimos bouncing from bedplay with Kate to Edge of the Square and back was just ... :confused::confused:

I'm really tired of Maggie. Can we wheel her off the pier? Julie, usually someone I enjoy seeing, added nothing today.

And how plot-convenient...Caroline's plot point visions have stopped. I'm guessing the writers have run out of story.

Could yesterday and today's episodes have been combined???? Good grief!

Why can't we see Tater Tot? We see Thomas all the time. At least give me someone cute to look at while I'm bored.

Glad I wasn't the only one confused by Jeannie T and Brady refusing to sell in one scene and then Nicole selling in the next scene. And can I say I despise this plot point of Deimos buying every company. Though I suppose Dimera Enterprises still exists in some form.

Why can't we see Tater Tot? We see Thomas all the time. At least give me someone cute to look at while I'm bored.

This always annoys me. We have rarely seen Tate since he came on the show. When he is on, he is always with Brady or Theresa and never has scenes with his grandparents (John and Marlena) or any of his extended family. Shouldn't he have had his first birthday by now? They could have had a little party for him that we could have seen on screen. Arianna had a party for both her first and second year.

Today was an extension of yesterday's snoozefest.

WOW does this mean that superboy Daniel didn't realise he was being conned by a sleazoid? How is this possible!??!?!?!

My theory (speculation only) is that Daniel never actually met Summer, that this was a con created by Fynn, Dario, and Summer. Somehow one of them found out Maggie gave birth to a baby girl and gave her up for adoption at 17 and used that information to plan this operation.

The pic was of Helena....Supposed to be her last pic, I guess. If Deimos went to jail for her murder, spent 30 years, he would have gotten out in 2015, thus beginning his vendetta. That year may have been chosen because it is the year Victor arrived back in Salem, already a big, wealthy crime lord. And he had to have been there before that, because Bo was on the scene then, a grown man.

@Poirot, I'm particularly grateful for your summary, today! Comcast's DVR failed to record the series-programed Days episode; this is the second time this has happened in recent weeks. And, POP did not have coverage. :(These events are particularly troubling due to the fast-paced progression of Days' plot lines; I hope I will be able to catch up! :rolleyes:

Back