Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 30, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Good show today,. and guarantee, John will break your heart, while Deimos gets told off, but good. John & Marlena arrive at the hospital, to find a DNR notice tacked to the door to Brady's room. John cannot believe it, his son does not give up, he is a fighter. He takes the notice off the door, calls Justin to get over to the hospital. Both Marlena, and Valerie try to explain to John that the hospital could not put that notice up without Brady's permission. John talks of another heart becoming available, but Val says her efforts to do so have been futile. She is making a few more calls.

Marlena talks John into going to the waiting area for Justin, to not go in yet, John too upset to be with Brady now. When Justin arrives, he explains how Brady called him in, that he did this out of love, did not want any of his family having to make the decision to take him off life support. Marlena comments that Brady would not want to be on life support for extended time, he would not call that living. Justin assures John that this is what Brady wants.

Brady is unconscious, Chloe enters his room through a side door, thanks him for being so sweet to her, for though all that has happened is her fault, he forgave her, as he always has done. John comes in and tells Chloe to get the heck out of the room, this is all her fault, everything, she just would not give an inch. She tries making excuses, he is saying to get out, Marlena comes in.....just go, as he has asked. She does.

At the cop shop, Deimos comes out, rubbing his wrists, to a surprised Abe. Seems Deimos posted bail, and figures all charges are going to be dropped. Abe doubts that, talks of him being back in jail for another 20-30 years. Deimos is smug, nope, won't happen. He gets snarky with Abe, who gives it right back. (loved these conversations).

Now Deimos is in the square, bumps into Chloe, who also gives him a piece of her mind. He notes she asked for his help, she knows that was a mistake. He keeps insisting that he tried to rescue Nicole & Holly, she isn't buying it. No one is, really. Chloe knows he wants to take Nicole somewhere for himself, not a rescue. She calls Holly "her" baby, which sets Deimos off. Yep, more snark back and forth, before each goes their own way.

And now, Deimos goes home, to a waiting Maggie, who has the best confrontation of all. She doesn't buy "rescuing Nicole & Holly from Xander. He was supposed to be dead, by Deimos's hand. Oh, Deimos claims he thought he was. Nope, Maggie has his number, doesn't even buy that he "forgave" Victor for letting him stay in prison for a crime he did not commit. She notes Deimos put her in a wheelchair for months, Victor is now a guest in his own house, Nicole & Holly were kidnapped by Xander at Deimos' orders, Brady got shot. Deimos denies, Maggie just goes on. She lists Philip, Brady, Sonny, Justin, Victor...all men, all Kiriakis men. Something Deimos is not. She is going to tell Victor that, and trust her, Victor will change it all. He can do that, easily. She storms out.

And then Justin comes home, sees Deimos, his day just keeps getting better and better. Again Deimos is claiming innocence, denying any culpability, and talks of calling a meeting, restoring Titan morale, maybe a company picnic. And Justin lowers the boom. Seems the board was not too happy that Deimos was in jail on charges of kidnapping, not good for the image. Emergency board meeting was called. Victor called it. The board voted unanimously to oust Deimos.....and Sonny was elected to head up the company.

Deimos laughs, figures that won't last long, Sonny could never handle it. Justin says that because of how Deimos ran things, the bar is set pretty low, anything is an improvement. He talks of Deimos packing up and leaving, Deimos says it is his house. Nope, you put it in the company name, so, not yours. He offers to even send his things to wherever. Deimos finally agrees to leave, but warns this is not over, he will overcome it all.

Eric & Nicole get into a hotel room (Salem inn??) managed to not have anyone recognize them. She goes to change Holly, Jen arrives, so happy Eric is back, until she realizes he brought Nicole along. Nik is shocked, did not know Eric called her. Eric wants Jen to help them get into the hospital to see Brady. Jen is hesitant, but does agree. Nicole thanks her for helping, despite all that Nicole did to Jen in the past. Jen says, they both have agreed to put that in the past. They all go to the hospital. Jen sees Marlena & John leaving Brady's room, inquires about him, learns they are going to the chapel. She tells Eric & Nicole, who go to Brady's door, but Holly starts crying. Nik takes her to change her. Eric goes into the room alone, tells Brady to keep fighting, get better, he prays that he does so. Nicole comes out, Jen hurries her into Brady's room. Eric leaves.bumps into a surprised Chloe (surprised me, too, thought she had left the hospital).

Nicole is near tears, watches the monitor, talks to Brady. She tells him he has to pull through, for her and Holly, they cannot go on without him. She places her hand on his heart.

Thanks for the summary. A great episode. Love that both Chloe and Deimos--arguably the two most despicable characters in Salem right now--got good tongue-lashings, and more in the case of Deimos. And I'm so glad that Nicole and Eric are back in town. Hopefully Brady recovers so this dreadful saga of tragedy and disaster can end.

Sonny got what he wanted!!! Of course the boy wonder is somewhere on a deserted island and doesn't know it. But still, a win for him.

Should be Philip, but hey, we gotta work with what he have, I guess.

Deimos. Ah, what's left to be said, but bye bye. I guess we could add, "please take Chloe with you." I do feel sorry for the actress. She keeps coming back with HORRIBLE stories. Start out one way, switch midstream to drivel. Why????

Things I liked about today:

Valerie referring to Brady's heart as the donor's heart and not "Daniel's Heart." I am so glad that was before her time back!

Marlena telling Chloe "Just Do It" when John told her to get the hell out. So calm yet so assertive! I want to be like Marlena when I grow up! And of course the emotional stuff, so sad!

Jennifer - I liked her helping today

Disappointed in:

Eric and Nicole's disguises. She didn't even have a good hat!

It's getting clear to me all these people lashing at Deimos, where will he end up not that he's lost control of Titan? (I do really like the actor and looking at him but the character was all wrong!)

I think Deimos will die and then we start the Murder on the Orient Express story because our writers won't have an original one. Deimos is beyond redeemable. Chloe is only redeemable if she backs off and gives custody to Nicole with visitation privileges for herself. I know some don't think she is responsible for what has gone down but she put it in motion. People got hurt and she has a hand in it by her actions to take the baby as hers.

Nicole would do anything for her child and Chloe sent her down a path that put Nicole is a state of desperation. Brady will recover and then we have the Eric-Nicole-Brady-Jen struggle. Brady did not get shot because of Nicole. Deimos is to blame for that. How is it that such a convoluted liar continues to slip away? Go now and let's make sure it's for keeps. We don't need him resurrected. He is no Stefano.

Last edited by a moderator:
First...John just had me in tears, as he cried, sniffleled, trying not to have to accept there was not much hope left for his beloved son. Marlena, remaining so calm, trying to help John deal with what seems to be the inevitable.

@Kerry..Agree, those disguises were just not the thing. Made me laugh to see Jen in just the dress, while Nicole had that oversized, heavy hooded sweatshirt, like they would not stand out in the hospital. LOL Shaking head.

But I will agree about Vincent Irizzary (Deimos).......In my opinion, he would have made a much better DiMera...perhaps the son of another brother, like Andre is supposed to be. Unfortunately, Days has been entirely too (unknown children) oriented on bringing on characters with supposed "family" connections. Days really needs some fresh blood.

Hmmm. We seem to have a couple of brief scenes cut from out feed here. I was looking forward to the final scene of Nicole putting her hand on Brady's heart. It didn't happen. Also, I didn't get to see Marlena tell Chloe to just leave. Odd.

Very emotional scenes with John!!!

Maybe Nicole's hand on Brady's heart will induce spontaneous recovery?
Maybe, but the presence of Baby Holly won't do it -- the role was being played today by the uninspiring "Doll-in-Blanket."
Valerie referring to Brady's heart as the donor's heart and not "Daniel's Heart." I am so glad that was before her time back!
Add sacrilege to Dr. Grant's various crimes. How dare she not identify the heart as St. Daniel's!:sarcasm:
Eric and Nicole's disguises. She didn't even have a good hat!
The Salem sourpuss must have been shocked at being recognized. After all, he switched from his usual perfect disguise, a baseball cap. As for Nicole, she needed to keep that hood pulled all the way up and wear big sunglasses.

On other subjects, it was a real case of the pot calling the kettle black when Deimos told Justin that he was smug. Who could be smugger than Deimos when he smirks and lies to the small army of people who berate him every day??

Maggie does have Deimos to thank for one thing. He's summed up Maggie's role in Salem. From now on, she can say to people: "I am not a busybody, I'm Salem's moral sheriff."

Finally another great job by Drake Hogestyn (John) today. His portrayal as a grief-stricken father was so good that viewers might forget that since Brady hasn't been written out of the cast, his eventual recovery is assured.

And Justin lowers the boom. Seems the board was not too happy that Deimos was in jail on charges of kidnapping, not good for the image. Emergency board meeting was called. Victor called it. The board voted unanimously to oust Deimos.....and Sonny was elected to head up the company.
No words.

Am I the only one who wants Deimos to walk out of town and never be seen again? Let him go the way of Henry, Jason, Derrick, Brian, Jamie, Don, and Tommy, please. No need for a cheaply-written "whodunnit." C'mon, Days...surprise us!!

Thanks, Poirot.

A sad day in Salem with Brady's family by his side. Seeing John's heartache was difficult to watch
when he found out about the DNR.

Some funny lines when Deimos was with others. Abe told him that there would be dancing in the
streets when he goes to jail. Maggie told Deimos he wasn't worthy to kiss the bottom of Brady's
shoe. Deimos called Maggie Salem's moral sheriff.

The list is getting longer who wants Deimos gone.

Maybe, but the presence of Baby Holly won't do it -- the role was being played today by the uninspiring "Doll-in-Blanket."
Reply from "Doll-in-Blanket": Hey, DBF! Are you saying "real" baby Holly has more healing powers than I do? What am I, chopped liver? I see how it is. Maybe I'll send my cousin, Chucky, to visit you. Or perhaps you'd like to spend some time with my sister, Talky Tina?? Consider yourself on my list. PS: John Black is a doodyhead.

Reply from Lucas: Will somebody please stop letting Doll-in-Blanket spend time with Sami?

NOTE: for those not familiar, Talky Tina was a murderous doll on a Twilight Zone episode. Spoiler alert, she kills Telly Savalas at the end.

Should be Philip,

Yes it should be

A good episode overall but not without issues

I know we've come a long way with Marlena and John finally being portrayed as Brady's parents again but I have issue with John being Brady's dad and Marlena there supporting him. They should both be equally distraught and supporting each other. And they should be referring to Brady as our son not John's son. When Tate was kidnapped, John referred to him as our grandson to Marlena. I know we are making baby steps here but this would make these scenes 1,000 times better.

I'm tired of Chloe being blamed for everything.

Nice to see Jennifer. I feel like she and Maggie should have switched outfits.

Enjoyed everyone calling out Deimos.

It would have been great if John had called Belle for advice before summoning Justin.

John knew Justin was Brady's atty., so he called him. Understandable.

No matter what anyone says to Chloe, she has not veered one iota from her stance, so when she tries to "poor me", she doesn't get much sympathy. From day 1, I guess everyone thought she acted hastily, and was wrong in going to court.

I don't understand at all why Days is so reluctant to have Marlena recognized as the mother who raised Brady. At least Victor did. But Brady, for whatever reason, has spent a lot of years living with his grandfather, instead of his parents, or in his own place.

Reply from "Doll-in-Blanket": Hey, DBF! Are you saying "real" baby Holly has more healing powers than I do? What am I, chopped liver? I see how it is. Maybe I'll send my cousin, Chucky, to visit you. Or perhaps you'd like to spend some time with my sister, Talky Tina?? Consider yourself on my list. PS: John Black is a doodyhead.

Reply from Lucas: Will somebody please stop letting Doll-in-Blanket spend time with Sami?

NOTE: for those not familiar, Talky Tina was a murderous doll on a Twilight Zone episode. Spoiler alert, she kills Telly Savalas at the end.

Good one JS. The Twilight Zone dad should have run rushed over to the Salem Toys 'r Us and purchased the "Screechy Sami" doll. She'd have made quick work of Talky Tina.

We seem to have a couple of brief scenes cut from out feed here. I was looking forward to the final scene of Nicole putting her hand on Brady's heart. It didn't happen.

I have to watch online and didn't see that last scene, either. I backed the video up twice, enduring two more rounds of commercials, to see if I missed something. The last I saw was Nicole holding Brady's hand.

Back