Days of Our Lives - Tues., May 31, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Bear with me, had transmissions problems for the first 20 minutes or so, including getting a blank screen for several minutes. But...Kayla is in her motel room with Fynn, worried about Joey, about not hearing from Steve, about being stuck there. She has left voice mail for Steve, but no reply. She wants to leave now, tell garage fix the car no matter the cost, or rent a car, picking up Fynn's on the way back. Fynn puts the kabash on that, Kayla gets impatient, but gets a pain in the head, takes a nap. When she wakes up, Fynn is there, promising to take her there, safely, as long as they wait til morning. John has called her, told her about the commune, Fynn figures Steve will find Joey, call her. Nope, she says, he will find Joey, something will happen, he won't call so as not to worry me, etc. etc. Always the same. He holds her, she puts her head on his shoulder, he is assuring her all will be o.k. She looks at him.....then kisses him.

Steve is confronting Simone, who lied to him. Joey was there all along, she defends her reasons, how kids come thru there all the time, fathers have beaten them. Well, Joey is not one of those. He talks of calling the police, mentioning the robberies on her orders. She claims no proof, tells him to leave or she will call the police. Steve appears to go, but comes back when she is out of the room, having spotted Joey's backpack. He rummages thru it, finding some item Joey has kept, given to him by Steve. (??) Simone is returning with a couple, wanting them to search the entire place, all the rooms, everywhere for this guy with the black patch. He is trouble, she wants him gone by any means necessary.

Steve is hiding behind a wall, hears it all.

Joey & Jade have found some dilapidated, abandoned building to hide in, but Joey figures his dad will still find them, it is what he does, he is good at it. Jade wants to live on the edge, wants Joey to do something cool to prove he wants to be with her. They go out. he breaks into a souvenir shop, steals a crystal or something, which reminded him of some story Jade told him about the happiest time in her life. She is all excited by this, still talks of living on the edge, etc. Joey is unhappy about having stolen something, she gives him a hard time, tells him to go home to mommy & daddy. But he wants to be with her, they are kissing, he talks of "having to suit up".....then realizes his condoms are in his backpack, he left it back there. Now Jade makes fun of him, not wanting him to go back, finally gets angry, says they are over, rushes out. He follows her, doesn't want to lose her. You already have, she says, kisses him, and leaves.

Joey goes back to the commune to get his backpack, Steve appears, they have to talk. Steve understands if Joey doesn't want to come home, but he has to get out of there. Joey says...he wants to go home with Steve.

Ciara sits at a desk in the study, baby monitor in front of her. Chad comes in, a bit worse for wear from drinking, pours himself a drink, sits on the sofa, mumbling about Abby, his life, he is crying, he tries to be strong for Thomas, but it is all a failure. He evidently goes to sleep, she covers him with a blanket.

Hope abruptly leaves the hospital, cannot be there. Aiden follows her, they are in the square, she is very confused, doesn't know what she feels, is thinking, etc. Aiden admits his son did something terrible, he feels for Ciara, but Chase is his son, he is still "my boy". He starts to leave, she grabs his hand, lightly. Rafe sees this as he is passing by, Hope spots him, calls to him. He comes over, tells Aiden he is sorry about what happened to his boy. Aiden leaves, Hope & Rafe talk, she is really so confused, he understands, she has to figure it out, needs some time away, by herself.

He goes home, Mami sees he is upset about something, talks of "the woman" with husband who died, next husband, he dies, warns Rafe all of the husbands die. Rafe notes Aiden is not dead. it was someone else who dies. He leaves to go chill somewhere else. Mami calls someone, talks in Spanish, telling the person they need to come to Salem right away, there is trouble, it is Rafe.

At the hospital, Aiden is bedside as Chase wakes up after surgery. He wonders if he is going to die, Aiden says no. Chase says he is going to prison when he gets well, he heard the guards talking about sex offenders being the lowest of low, and that is what he is, a sex offender. Aiden tells him he is changing his plea, temporary insanity, and will get him transferred to a hospital. Chase is a bit woozy, says Aiden may not be able to succeed. Aiden is determined he will.

Hope has gone to see Ciara, tells her she is going away for a few days, not sure where, will let her know. She tells her about Chase being stabbed, surgery, & in hospital. Ciara is o.k., had a good session with Marlena, Thomas needs her, she thinks Chad does, too. Not to worry, she just likes be needed and able to help someone. Hope leaves, calling Shawn first to leave a message about going away, asking him to keep an eye on Ciara. After he mom leaves, Ciara sets the monitor besides Chad, wakes him up, she has to leave for a bit, will be back.

At the hospital, as Aiden talks to his son, we see Ciara looking at them thru the window.

Back at the commune, Steve is ready to leave with Joey, when we hear police sirens. Joey appears nervous, Steve holds him.

Can Jade fall off the edge?? Please? And could she drag Summer with her? Sorry, but I just don't get the whole "living life on the edge" routine. :sick:

Kayla, REALLY?? Just really????

As a woman with adult males, is something wrong with me because I'm not all that interested in their personal sex lives??? That seems to be the driving factor for moms of male children in this show. Jen with JJ, Kate with Lucas and Austin. Hope has no male children to worry about.:sarcasm:

Thank you Poirot, for this episode.

When Steve messed with Ava, Kayla went bonkers, but it's okay for her and Fynn to be traveling together, staying in a motel and now kissing? Double standard???? Guess Dr. Dan told Fynn about how to mess around with the women of Salem.

When Steve messed with Ava, Kayla went bonkers, but it's okay for her and Fynn to be traveling together, staying in a motel and now kissing? Double standard????

But Steve & Kayla were engaged at the time of Ava. They are not a couple anymore, so she actually can be with whomever she wants to be. No double standard at this point. (not fond of the Kayla/Fynn coupling though, just stating a point)

Unless I missed when they got back together??

Jade is the worst. This low-grade, modern-day version of Bonnie Parker makes even young Sami look like a good influence. Luckily, it now looks as if Little Joey will go home with the mighty Steve. Hopefully, Steve won't end up in jail on criminal trespass charges or locked up in a commune chicken coop. Speaking of problem teens, Ciara should keep her mitts off Chad. The last thing he needs now is any kind of involvement with a member of Salem's dysfuntional teen crowd.
Mami to Rafe: Uh-oh, you only eat salsa when you're upset.

They missed a perfect opportunity for product placement.

He could have replied: Not true. I also eat Wanchai Ferry when I'm upset.
JS, I thought of this too. I was going to do a "Letters from Ruffles McRed" from Caroline in which Rafe complained that Mami's home-made salsa wasn't always available, and that he wouldn't touch the commercial salsas. Caroline would then recommend a bowl of chowder or a Brady-burger, and when the Pub is closed, a tasty Wanchai Ferry Chinese meal -- especially the kung pao chicken..

When Steve messed with Ava, Kayla went bonkers, but it's okay for her and Fynn to be traveling together, staying in a motel and now kissing? Double standard????
For all intents and purposes, Steve and Kayla were a couple when he had sex with Ava. They are not together now, so Kayla is not cheating on Steve.

Chad and Ciara: As I watch these scenes I have to wonder shouldn't Chad be feeling a sense of deja vu right now? Wasn't it a couple of years ago that he was in a relationship with Melaine and there was a girl he was friends with (we'll call her Gsbi because that's who it was) who apparently was going though a bad time. Dealing with a stalker and to help her Chad had her move into his place. Now Chad's married to Abigail and he went and moved another girl going though a hard in with him. Ah well that previous situation worked out so well for all involved that I sure everything will be just fine this time too.

Seriously I'm hoping that little peck Ciara gave Chad after he gave her that chess lesson woke him up to the possibility he might have a delicate situation on his hands. If not I think it would be kind of ironic that its Gabi that points out Ciara's crush to him. Of course I don't know what context that would happen in since Chad, Gabi and Ciara don't exactly get a lot of screen time together.

Is this the end of the road for our teenaged wanna-be Bonnie and Clyde? I found myself asking during their scenes is Jade really that exciting to be around? I kind of wanted to take her aside and tell her "Sweetie, if you have to spend so much time telling someone how dangerous and edgy you are, you really aren't that dangerous or edgy." LOL

So batty Ben was able to get in the mansion no problem, and Andre can call Hope from jail no problem, but Hope thinks it all just peachy for Ciara to live there???? Sure Chad may be a nice guy but Hope might as well hand Andre his revenge on silver platter.

Jade wants to BE with someone who is dangerous & edgy. And she uses sex to get the guy to see it her way. She only got interested in Joey when he told her he had killed a woman. If she was so wild edgy & cool herself, she would be out shoplifting, robbing people willingly, not letting others do it. If she cared at all really for Joey, she would realize how uncomfortable all this is for him, remember that he agreed to run off with her, with barely any money except for gas.

Heck, look how quickly & easily she dumped him when he wanted to go get his backpack. .

I think Ciara learned her nanny skills from her mother. Asking a drunk passed out Chad if he will be OK listening for the baby monitor, and that Thomas should sleep through the night, and then leaving the house, sure shouldn't get her a raise! Granted Chad probably shouldn't be drunk, but from the sounds of it, he thought the nanny would be watching Thomas!

Are we going to have another drunken character have sex unaware. Tedious and please send Ciara to a spa that offers counseling. Cannot watch her anymore. So has Claire moved in yet? That's a big old ho hum of a story.

Thanks, Poirot.

Simone said a funny line to Steve about how he wants to play savior from Salem.
Someone has to since Daniel is gone :)

Rafe is taking a big chance in suggesting to Hope to go out of town to think things over.

I loved what Rafe's mom told him about the men Hope has been with... telling Rafe you don't
want to be with woman whose husbands all die... then Rafe tried to explain Aiden isn't.

Today I wondered again if Aiden had someone stab Chase. Chase is out of jail and Aiden
wants to change his plea and get him into a hospital. Maybe we find out more later.

I wonder if Ciara is thinking how many ways she can get rid of Chase. She can use
a pillow like Joey did to Ava....

Since Ciara is so stable these days, it makes sooo much sense for Hope to go away and hallucinate, otherwise known as reliving the men in her life.

When will the madness end!?!

Jade is the worst.
I'm thinking Jade is schizophrenic. This can't be the same girl who talked with Ciara in jail. Either that or the writers are crummy.
"Sweetie, if you have to spend so much time telling someone how dangerous and edgy you are, you really aren't that dangerous or edgy." LOL
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I liked Jade. Past tense. I don't like anyone on the show anymore. I want to like Steve, but the writers hate him, and want me to as well. Still, I love how he loves Joe and will stand up for him. I was hoping that he'd offer safe haven to Jade, too, but alas....

Fynn and Kayla - pointless. I'd rather watch the HATE BOINK then watch Doc Dingo smarm on sweetness.

Ciara is officially creepy. She mused, while looking at the unconscious Chad, "Won't happen. Not tonight." :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: GROSS. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Wow, Simone's brought the A-squad in to deal with Steve. Does any human who ever glanced askance at Days of Our Lives even think for one second that Steve couldn't take out these two stoners with one hand tied behind his back?!!?!?

Back