Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 1, 2016

Is Orpheus really, truly dead?

This didn't seem like Orpheus's style. It seemed like a cheap gag. It was not suspenseful at all. And the pacing was really, really, really off during the rescue. (Steve and Sonny on a game of telephone tag does not make for a suspenseful show.)

Good question. Maybe this played out like this purposely because he is not really dead? I guess we should assume Lazlo was caught but we didn't really see it. I still think it's very odd that he was still standing there in the room when John and Steve entered. Surely some time had passed between the time we saw Steve in the alley and when they found Orpheus. Why didn't he just escape?

The Chicago Bears is a football team.

I think Troy was joking.:)

The Chicago Bears is a football team.

Yes I know. As Heather said that was just a joke. :)

On a more serious note, I want to defend Chad as others have. I saw that he was torn because he understands on an intellectual level just who and what his father was: but Stefano never really showed that side with him. So that wasn't really the Stafano knew even though he had heard plenty about him.

He even told Hope that if she had shot Stefano while he was actually committing a crime he could accept it, well he kind of broke off in the mid-sentence but I think that's where he's going. I think in time he may soften in his anger towards Hope-whether he should or shouldn't do that is another matter- but I think it will. But for right now I do think his anger is understandable.

Last edited:
Thank you for the summary.

I didn't like Orpheus and his storyline years ago, and I couldn't get into it this time around. Allying himself with Ben and Clyde also seemed very far fetched to me. I'd rather have seen Clyde come back by himself to raise havoc with the residents of Salem.

Geez, couldn't Days just let the "Hope shot Stefano" story disappear into the nether world like they did with so many others?

Let's give credit to the show for salvaging what they could after what must have been a horrible situation. There had to be some refilming, rewriting, rediting, etc. plus at the time, the place in an uproar with the accident.

Don't give Andre any credit at all. He got that recording illegally, it is not admissable...and the only thing they have is Hope's confession.

Honestly, I do want someone to sit down with Chad, aaand list all done to them all....actually say out loud what was done to Roman, John, Marlena, Rafe, Patch, Sami, Eric, Lexie, Tony.... by that old man, who wanted to die, so taunted & goaded Hope, on purpose, wanting her to kill him....yes, death by cop....a Brady cop.

What bothered me was when Chad said to Hope something along the lines of everybody else had to pay for their crimes so why shouldn't she. It seems to me Stefano and Andre were forever getting away with their crimes. Did they ever pay for any of them?

The person who plays Paul and Sonny's friend (sorry I can't think of the name of the actor or the character) is a handsome young man, but that cowboy costume was pretty ridiculous. I don't know if it was meant to be comical or not but it reminded me of something that would have been worn in the 1950s to entertain little kids. But then the other guys' costumes were kinda funny too.

André was terrific today. I loved him sticking it to Hope and then helping Steve (while still "busting his chops"). Again, what a feat the writers have pulled off...I am once more singing the praises of André and not wishing he were Tony!

Now on to the really depressing part of the show...the slow burn. This didn't seem like Orpheus's style. It seemed like a cheap gag. It was not suspenseful at all. And the pacing was really, really, really off during the rescue. (Steve and Sonny on a game of telephone tag does not make for a suspenseful show.) I'm not sure if we were meant to see these scenes as quickly paced, or to see the burn as painful and slow.

Let's not hope for a threepeat. That would be...way...too...exci...zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Yes, Jason, Andre has been at his diabolical best recently. Ghost Stefano must be bursting with pride and thinking, "that's my boy." As for the would-be master of mayhem, Orpheus, Stefano must be shaking his head over his ineptitude and cheap theatrics. The Phoenix must also be seething with rage over Orpheus's mistreatment of the Queen of the Night. He was probably thinking, "Stephen, get yourself over to that warehouse, slay that monster, and save my Marlena!" As for an Orpheus threepeat, Stefano would never allow it. He's surely very proud of being the king of resurrections and won't tolerate any competition. If needed, he'd utilize Ghost Bart and the spirits of other deceased DiMera operatives to ensure that the Big O stays on the far side.

Call me crazy, but if I were Steve, I'd have beheaded or drowned Orpheus. Or both. Or tossed him like kindling on the fire after rescuing my Sweetness.

As we've seen a time or three on Days, drowning is not a effective method for killing someone. I say we take a page or two from Supernatural and go with the beheading and fire, but add some salt before you burn his remains. (On Supernatural, beheading is the only way to kill a vampire, which may be a useful precaution with Orpheus. Besides, it works quite well on non-vampiric people too. Salting and burning remains will get rid of ghosts, especially malevolent ones. The salt part comes from the fact that many superstitions around the world have seen salt as a way to purify, banish evil, keep demons, witches, and other icky things away, etc.)

For all the mayhem Orpheus caused, he was still a second-rate super-villain compared to Stefano and Andre -- he had no staying power. His crimes were crude and his hideouts easily discovered by John and Steve (naturally not by the Salem P.D.). If a song was going to be composed about him, it might contain the line: "Orpheus, Stefano DiMera laughs at you."

As for the Hope/Rafe/Roman predicament, it's doesn't fly for me simple because it's based on the use of only-in-Salem legal principles. Anywhere else, charming Melinda would be scrambling to find additional evidence because otherwise her hopes of winning a big conviction would go down the drain. As for Hope, maybe everyone shouldn't be so distraught over the thought of her going to prison. After all, she's been there before and was out in a blink of an eye. Sure, she wasn't doing time for murder then -- just muggings -- but members of Salem's in-crowd also do little time for murder (e.g., Nick and Gabi). Who knows, maybe Hope could perform some heroics in prison and return to Salem as a hero while a frustrated Andre fumes.
The villians NEVER go to jail. They fake their death or some such and turn up again in a few years.

Back