Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 15, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Kate is on the phone with Mr. Wu, Eduardo has come in, evidently distracting her, as she hangs up on the wealthy man, and smiles as she scolds Eduardo for babbling at her. He wants to go eat lunch, she doesn't have time, he gets cutesy about Bloody Marys, flirting, she caves and off they go.

Dario & Blanca are kissing, (no idea what is going on here), she thinks they are moving to fast, they are now at a table in the town square, she talks of the ex boyfriend & how she doesn't want to make the same kinds of mistakes, as he was nice guy at first, etc. More blah, blah, about TBD business, and Dario mentions the new venture with his dad, but quickly claims it is just expanding the club.

Here comes Eduardo & Kate, everyone says hello, Kate declines joining the other couple, but has to take a phone call, Eduardo says he would like to join the couple, Blanca gets a phone call, leaves the 2 men to chatter, she returns as Eduardo is saying something about Kate never finding out. She is called back to work, has to leave, Kate returns, Blanca takes off, barely saying goodbye to Dario. He chases after, she knows Daddy is keeping a secret from Kate, figures Dario is doing the same to her. He claims that in expanding the club, using one of Kate's competitors, thus not wanting her to know. Dario knows Kate will be angry when she finds out, but that is between her and his dad. Blanca figures o.k. she over-reacted. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Steve meets up with Kayla, mentions being on phone with John, who is away, working on trying to help Hope. They are going to the courthouse. Meanwhile, Adrienne is with Jen, who will be reporting on the case, Adrienne is going to court, and...mentions this being her wedding day. ??? Jen leaves as Justin happens by, Adrienne gives him a pep talk, some words of encouragement, and off they go to the courthouse.

Marlena meets up with Roman, mentions doing a report on Hope's state of mind for the court. Roman talks of almost killing Stefano himself a few times.

And lucky Hope sits with Rafe in the interrogation room, talking of her fate. In comes son, Shawn D,., showing up to support Mom, could not be anywhere else.

Over at the Horton house, Doug & Julie are getting ready, he is upset, she is thinking positive, especially for Ciara. That teen comes in, all leave for the sentencing hearing.

Family & friends arrive in the courtroom, and get seated. Justin has a talk with Roman on his plans to defend Hope. Hope is brought in, handcuffed, those are removed. Judge Fitzpatrick arrives, notes that Hope has confessed, waived trial, so this is sentencing. Everyone got the psychological report, Ms. Trask get up to make a statement. She goes over the situation, step by step. Yes, Hope is respected and loved member of community, and a cop. But Ms. Trask claims premeditated murder, that Hope went to the house uninvited, shot Stefano not once or twice, but several times, covered up the crime, hid the body and framed someone else. Justin objects, Judge concurs, telling Ms. Trask to watch herself. So those latter comments are stricken from the record, Ms. Trask continues on, condemning Hope, and asking for the ultimate punishment. Death by lethal injection.

Now it is Justin's turn. he talks a bit of the years of torture and abuse suffered by Hope, then says the victim here was not Stefano DiMera...the victim is Hope Brady.

Total snoozeville episode for me, so am sorry for the shorter summary, but seemed like it was watching a race between a snail and a tortoise. Slow, and just really, nothing going on. Maybe others will feel differently.

Total snoozeville episode for me, so am sorry for the shorter summary, but seemed like it was watching a race between a snail and a tortoise. Slow, and just really, nothing going on. Maybe others will feel differently.
Perhaps, the episode would have been more entertaining if there had been more overheard conversations.

People talking serious trash about Stefano. Theo: "Stop saying those awful things about my Nono right now! As Susan Banks would say, You're all mean, mean, mean!"

Dario claiming that there's nothing creepy about himself. Nicole: "Nothing creepy? This reptile was taking money from Victor to spy on me."

Adrienne talking about how "loving and kind" Hope is. Mrs. Finnegar: "Loving? Kind? What about how she and her awful husband tormented my poor son, Arnold?" Andre: "Oh my, you're clearly not aware of Hope's darker, homicidal side. If she wasn't a cold-blooded killer, my dear old father would still be alive."

Eduardo saying that Kate is "fire and ice." Sami: "That hag is a 100% piece of something all right, but it's not fire and ice."

Thank you, Poirot.

I kept fixating on Julie and Doug dressed in the same shade of gray, and how sharp they looked. Plus her necklace matched the colors in his tie. I wondered if wardrobe really dressed them or if they came to work from home dressed like that. :) Bad squirrel. I'll go back to my nest now.

Gotta tell ya, sometimes there are scenes that drag, or are repetitious, but this definitely, in MY opinion, was a show where the entire thing, beginning to end, was just filler, and yawnville. Maybe they cut scenes from other episodes and just pasted them all into this one?? Or, maybe they wanted to slow down the action because they want something or other to occur on a certain day.

And so it is a surprise, as the episode was written by Richard Culliton who usually writes really good ones. And no matter what, it is odd that this kind of snoozer would be part of the Sweeps month.

Dario knows Kate will be angry when she finds out, but that is between her and his dad. Blanca figures o.k. she over-reacted. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I like Blanca but this scene is unnecessary. Not enough core characters for me to care about it.
but seemed like it was watching a race between a snail and a tortoise.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Episodes like this make me feel like we jumped ahead at some point. If the stuff that aired 2-3 weeks ago had aired now, it would make sense. Too much to hope bunches of cuts brought filming closer to air??? :wink:

I may be in the minority but I didn't think today was all that bad. I probably wouldn't write home about it but was okay.

Dario and Blanca: I like Blanca and I think I could like her with Dario. But she only pops up every couple of months so what's the point? I chalk this one up as a missed opportunity.

Eduardo and Kate: Call me crazy but I enjoyed these two more then I have in the past. I think it was the repartee that made me chuckle:

Kate *annoyed: That was Mr, Wu who is one of the wealthiest men in Asia.
Eduardo: *feigning innocence* And you just hung up on him?

Then after Dario and Blanca have run off:

Kate:*accusingly* You planned this.

Eduardo: You're right I did plan this. I came to your house and asked you out to get something to eat. Lunch rarely takes me by surprise.

I enjoyed the playfulness in the scenes that I hadn't really seen come from Eduardo. Of course we had to be reminded that he may not have noblest of intentions. *sigh* But I still enjoyed it nonetheless.

Hope's dilemma: All I can say is it looks like we're finally ending the first chapter of this epic. They really need to bring this baby in for a landing in my oh so humble of opinions.

I'm having trouble watching the show in my hotel here in Portland. I usually get it via a private Youtube link but it hasn't been posted yet. And the NBC site is freezing on me.

I'm only interested in watching the Shawn stuff. Glad he is home indeed. Let's hope he stays there.

Ok I watched. I actually didn't think this one was too bad only because of the family stuff. Didn't Justin tell Hope and Rafe at the end of yesterday's episode that all the charges were dropped except murder 1? Why was Rafe repeating this today as if it were new news? BAD CONTINUITY.

Mostly Hope stuff but bearable. VERY happy that Shawn is back and it was a nice touch to include Doug and Julie too. I was annoyed though that Rafe stayed in the room the entire time Shawn was talking to Hope. Back off.

I thought it was odd that Lucas wasn't in court too considering he is actually Hope's cousin plus they seem to be pushing Adrienne towards Justin again. But I guess today was a high budget day with the court scenes. Odd that Claire wasn't there either but I'm glad Shawn mentioned looking out for her and Ciara. And I liked how Shawn interacted with Kayla, Roman, Julie, Ciara and Doug when he entered the courtroom.

Marlena was a pop up today. Steve mentioned John was working on helping Hope. Doing what??

I would have also loved it if Kim and Shane had been in court but again probably budget issues.

I liked that they tried to give us a distraction from Hope with Kate, Ed, Dario and Blanca. Too bad I don't care enough about 3/4 of these characters to be vested in this. I still like Blanca but she hasn't been on nearly enough for me to be interested. I like Ed but hate that he's wasted on Kate. The only thing that can salvage him for me would be if he is playing her.

Marlena was a pop up today. Steve mentioned John was working on helping Hope. Doing what??
I wondered this as well. Is he excavating the files in the DiMansion basement or something?
I like Ed but hate that he's wasted on Kate. The only thing that can salvage him for me would be if he is playing her.
Personally I hope he makes off with her fortune and she has to go back to slinging hash (or gutting fish on an island!!)!!!

I'm glad John is getting mentioned. I wonder what he's working on since he's not
there? We all know the real reason, but I'm wondering if he's working on something
to help Hope?

Is Hope still saying she doesn't remember firing the gun? I figure something will
happen further down the road to explain this.

Back