Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 18, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Interesting and some fun stuff today. Adrienne runs into Lucas who has just returned from L.A., seeing everyone out there. Kids are all great, did not see too much of Will, seems the studio is really keeping him busy, working 18 hrs, to get that Sami movie finished. Adrienne snarks that she thought Will went to help Sami get the kids adjusted out there, seems he is not even around. They go into the club, see Sonny, everyone plays catchup, Lucas gives Sonny pictures of Arianna, Sonny oohs and aahs, really misses her. Adrienne makes a couple other snarky remarks, Lucas says Will misses him, Sonny hopes to fly out there in a week or two, Lucas leaves. Sonny asks his mom what that was all about, she is worried about Sonny's marriage. But he reminds her that Will being gone is no different that dad being gone for months now. Is all o.k. with you two. She agrees it is, just wants Sonny to be happy. He smiles, tells her then to take a step or two back. LOL

Before Lucas & Adrienne arrived, Ben was talking to Sonny about being made manager of the new club on south side. He is committed to going to school in January, asks if Tad could not be in charge. Nope, Tad will be managing here. Ben is not happy about this, talks of his new apt., school, but then Lucas & Adrienne arrive, and Ben clocks out.

Anne spots Jordan in the hospital, goes to talk about Jordan having Paul as her patient, and offering any help, should Jordan need some, and talks of going in to see Paul now. When Jordan mentions that Abby is in there with him now, Anne denies this, Abby no longer works there, and thus gets the news that yes she does, the board changed their minds. Anne starts talking of Abby being a *bleep*, and there is Marlena, reminding Anne that hospital board doesn't like that kind of language. Anne apologizes, but mutter it doesn't change her opinion, even if she took back the words. She barges into Paul's room, offering assistance, pushing Abby out of the way, Abby gets in front of her (o.k. yes, funny scenes) as Abby figures Paul needs his rest, he admits he is tired, and she rushes Anne out. Now Anne has a fit, talking of Abby putting her "*bleep* hands" on her, causing Abby to push her off into a waiting room, and they have words. Anne is accusatory, has learned Chad DiMera got her job back for her, calling her names, so Abby says, yes, since you think I sleep my way around, yep, I did with Chad. Anne is ready to retaliate in some way, but then Abby talks of talking to Seth. Yes, Seth Burns, your boss, we are this close, (crossing her first 2 fingers). Anne gets the message, as Abby tells her to think twice before ever disrespecting her like that again, and flounces out.

Clyde meets up with Jeremiah, they are talking about a 30% profit, which Clyde wants Jeremiah to put into a legit business he has. Claims he has to stay clean and on the up and up here, he has plans. Jeremiah wonders what he is up to, then decides that it is probably a woman. Clyde smiles. LOL (gotta love that Clyde)
Next, he is at the hospital, listening as Marlena mentions to Jordan having got her call, and will be glad to talk to her. Jordan claims it was nothing, she is sorry to have bothered her. Marlena leaves, Clyde comes up, causing Jordan to not be pleased at all. He claims to just be returning her hospital i.d. badge, which she dropped, figured she would need it. He sets it down and leaves.

Over at DiMansion, Chad is talking to Kate, having given her this legal paper he had drawn up some time ago. Seems he wants her to name him as co-CEO. She nearly goes appoplectic at the idea, but he claims he helped her put one over on dear ol dad, and he deserves it. She reminds him he has no experience, etc. etc. They argue back and forth, with him pointing out that he is a DiMera, she is not, and she needs him. . Finally, he threatens to call Stefano, tell him what Kate is up to. She says go ahead, and he will know you betrayed him, and you won't be setting well at all. But Chad calls her bluff, and starts to call Stefano. She stops him, agreeing to his request. He makes sure she makes a call to verify she is doing this, and she does. He smiles, and leaves, satisfied.

At the hospital, he runs into Jordan, who thanks him for the tin can phones, lol, he offers to walk her home. At her door, kibbitz conversation, they kiss, and make a date to see each other the next day.

In the park, Nicole is appalled that her thrown football has knocked out Daniel. He comes to, she is all worried, he is scolding her (yes, these scenes are all fun to watch), he wants to go home, she doesn't want him to drive, he figures he will. She worries he may get dizzy or something, insists he give her the keys. Little Randy happens by, listens to them, wonders why Nicole is mad at Dr. Dan. She is explaining about trying to be a friend and being rejected, Randy's mom is waving at him to come back, he takes off. More arguing between Dan & Nicole, as she jumps and wrestles around a bit with him, getting his car keys. He gives in, next they are home. He is moaning and groaning about his body aches and pains due to Nicole, she offers to give him a massage. He is reluctant, but agrees. He takes off his shirt, lays face down on the sofa, she comes with two cups of coffee/tea, trips and spills one all over him. Now Daniel is groaning all the more, and wants her to leave. He cannot deal with any more of her "help". She agrees (and by the way, mid-November and she is in a bra type halter???...does she have hot flashes to keep her warm??) Nicole grabs her things, he opens the door, she leaves, they seems to have a "moment", both looking puzzled over whatever spark just passed between them. His phone rings, it is Chloe, he has to talk to Parker before he goes to bed. Door closes, Nicole mutters..what was that?

Lucas is with Kate, showing her pictures, talking of the trip to L.A., how almost white Allie's hair looks (being in sun all the time), Lucas talking of how Sami is taking control, showing up every day with notes for Will, marketing ideas for the movie, etc. Kate bemoans her being gone, she misses her help, almost slipping up about Chad, but just talking of things being more difficult now than she expected.

Abby shows up at Ben's door, which he opens, clad only in a towel. Doesn't everyone do that? She is inside, they are kissing, and then in bed, both happy as larks.

Marlena walks out of a storefont, drinking her coffee. Camera moves over and there is Clyde, sitting at a table, sipping his, watching her, and then smiling, saying he thinks he should be having a conversation with the lady.

Really, Allie's hair is almost white from all the sun in Los Angeles???? Isn't it always sunny in Salem?? From what I just read, it's warm enough for Nicole and Dr. Dan to be out playing in the park, no snow, no wind, no bad weather. I'm guessing it's almost white from the heated pool that the kids are constantly swimming in, that makes more sense. (except we know that chlorine turns blond hair green)

I liked the way Sonny stood up to Adrienne, and the scenes with Daniel/Nicole were pretty funny even though I still felt like something was off in the characterization, especially with Nicole causing accidents all over the place :rotfl: I thanked the soap gods that Jen is out of town right now so that she couldn't come along when Daniel and Nicole were hugging in the doorway.

I find Anne is only likeable/tolerable in her scenes with Theresa, and I was glad Marlena put her in her place. However I was rooting for nobody in the Anne/Abby fight; I found them both insufferable.

Thanks for the summary. Kind of boring today. I mean, what was the point of seeing yet another roll in the hay between Abigail and Ben? Boring. It also looks like Abby cut her hair--looks nice. I'm getting sick of Ben, though. And even the Clyde/Jordan/Chad/Kate stuff seemed like filler.

I was glad to see Lucas and Adrienne today, and I'm glad Sonny put her in her place. Jkiriakis...you may be onto something, didn't think about that, but I think it's probably going to happen.

Nicole and Daniel sound good, but she's having as many ''accidents/clumsy moments" as Hope did at first around Aiden (spilling that smoothie and all that).

They only showed Abby and Ben AFTER they did the deed. It wasn't really a roll in the hay scene. That's twice in 1 day for those 2. Interesting that Abby is spending the night. I guess it has been a rather long day in Salem although I'm having trouble keeping track as characters keep changing clothes.

Another slow episode but not too terrible. Best line was Jordan saying to Anne "Down Girl" when she started swooning over Paul.

I don't like the pacing of the show either. We saw Marlena and Lucas at the beginning and at the end and that's it. The rest of the show was dominated by Jordan, Clyde, Kate, Chad, Daniel and Nicole.

And I'm not interested in seeing a random kid named Randy prop Dr. Dan when kids like Joey Johnson are never seen. I did however enjoy seeing Anne get put in her place by both Marlena and Abigail. Maybe next time she will be fired.

The Nicole and Daniel scenes were cute enough but I still can't work up any interest for the good doctor I'm afraid. Although I'm always happy to see Nicole do anything other than be somebody's emotional punching bag. Fortunately we haven't been subjected to any of those scenes for a while hopefully that's a trend that will continue.

We got a Gabi shout out and that's always a good thing as far as I'm concerned. :clap:

Best line was Jordan saying to Anne "Down Girl" when she started swooning over Paul.
Yep.

Really, really bored by Paul. Sonny is acting out of character, tired of Adrienne being used only for meddling.

Really tired of Daniel and his yelling. Let's get Dr Chung to perform surgery on his throat. Enjoyed seeing Nicole but these writers are clueless on how to write anything for anyone.

I'm actually on Anne's side concerning Abby, and Marlena's intercession was pointless. This is the hospital where Jennifer and Dan used to air their dirty laundry, right? Yet Anne can't call Abby a dirty name when her connections get her job back? Abby has been annoying me ever since about May and I used to be firmly on her side.

O.K. While Abby is not a fav character of mine...story wise......she had nothing to do with getting her job back. That was Chad's doing, independently, without anyone knowing what he was doing.It had nothing to do with Abby herself.
And I like Anne, I really do, but she is head of Human Resources. HEAD. And she was only too happy to supply manual rules to Sami in order to get Abby fired, so her own ignoring of hospital manual rules was definitely out of line. I agree that it did seem odd that it was Marlena who called her on it..(Jordan could have done that as well) but then, it was a contrived situation, so Marlena could talk to Jordan about her phone call, and Clyde could overhear.

And I agree wholeheartedly about Jennifer blasting Daniel in front of the entire hospital staff, not once, several times, which should have cost her suspension at the very least. And that points back to the inconsistency in the writers, and both Corday's and Meng's lack of supervision.

It's interesting how Abby got her job back since Chad is a board
member now and they dated before. She lost her job because
she was dated a board member.

I knew Anne would be upset when she knew Abby got her job back.

I enjoyed Nicole and Daniel. Was she always klutzy like Jack or
is this something new?

Paul seem relieved when the nurse left his room.

Nice to see Lucas and Adrienne today.

Nicole grabs her things, he [Daniel] opens the door, she leaves, they seems to have a "moment", both looking puzzled over whatever spark just passed between them. His phone rings, it is Chloe, he has to talk to Parker before he goes to bed. Door closes, Nicole mutters..what was that?

My question exactly. What was that????

I have no particular objection to them re-pairing up Dan and Nicole, again (wash, rinse, repeat) but this football throwing coffee spilling entree is just stoooopid! (in my opinion)

Kate should have known better than to argue with Chad over his doublecross. Instead, she should have flashed her best insincere smile and suggested they celebrate his rise in DiMera Enterprises with coffee and some of her special brownies. As for Nicole, she should be checked out by the NFL. Anyone who can throw a football with such force that it can bounce off a tree and stun the Love Doctor deserves a tryout.

Back