Days of Our Lives - Tues., Nov. 24, 2015

Finally we get Rafe and Chad on the same page where they belong. But to be fair I can understand how Rafe needed more then Chad has been giving him to take action which I have to admit really hasn't been much. But good for him for going with his gut. I think these two really could be up there with the greats- Batman and Robin, Starskey and Hutch, and dare I say it? Yes I do.... Abbott and Costello!!

Ben and Abigail: I've been enjoying the Necktie Killer storyline despite one major misstep (killing Will) primarily based on the performance of Robert Scott Wilson (Ben); but today really left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not really the squeamish type-I'm a big "Game of Thrones" fan for example-but still the cold blooded killing albeit off-screen of a woman who helped people for a living really bothered me. Plus I don't find watching this monster terrorize a completely helpless Abigail entertaining. They really need to wrap this up.

The last couple of episodes centered on Bo and his death have been beautiful especially Friday. Personally I just wish the story leading up to these episodes had been more worthy of them.

Last edited:
Preemie baby? Man, sure didn't look like it to me, and so fresh and clean looking too!! But, I think Bat House crazy Ben is about to be moved to the great padded cell in the sky.

My guess for the coming weeks, he'll try to take the baby and run with it and leave Abby cuffed to the bed. The gunshot to poor Wendy will alert "someone" and everyone will rush to the darn cabin and save the day!!

It's too bad Wendy didn't get sneak out when Ben was holding the baby. He
may not have found her in the woods.

Maggie isn't happy Bo told Victor to take care of Caroline.

I'm glad Rafe didn't believe Aiden was the necktie killer. Somehow they
found Aiden changed Hope's life insurance policy.

What is Stefano going to do his liquid assets are gone? Will he have
to sell the mansion?

Interesting scenes with ghost Bo and Hope.

Will Steve and Hope have to leave town to seek revenge on Bo?
Kayla won't be happy if they do. Hope shouldn't leave her Ciara
and Chase home alone either.

Will Caroline tell anyone she had a vision of Bo's death?

Lost it when Caroline saw Victor today.

Poor Abby, girl hasn't been unleashed (except to give birth to a very large premie) to even go to the bathroom and now he's cuffed her again. I think that something will happen with the baby and when they finally get to a hospital they will then find out it's Chad's and not Ben's. Can't wait to see the look on Ben's face when/if that happens, he better be behind bars at that point for everyone's sake.

Ciara's reaction was an appropriate one and played well. I wish Hope would've been there for her kids though.

I never did like Abigail but I do feel scared for the quandary she is in. It's a given that Ben is a nut case but she brought this all on with the back and forth from Chad and Ben. Even though she started to have doubts about Ben and knowing how furious he got when discussing/defending Chad, instead of keeping her big mouth shut and getting the heck out of Dodge she chose to banter with him.

All that being said, and remember I still think she's a loosey-goosey, Kate Mansi (Abby) gave a remarkably stellar performance in the labor/delivery scenes of little baby what's-his-name? So far Abigail, Hope, and Chad have put DOOL over the top and beyond expectations. My hats off to all of them.

And why, oh why didn't the midwife try to escape when Ben was kneeling down with the baby in his arms ? It's like she was waiting for Ben to kill her. I mean, I guess she was afraid to leave Abby and the baby, but how did she think this would end ? So run for the door and just... run ! Period !

Wendy's running odds would not be good. Much better to attack Ben with something while his back was turned.

Sami should be very frightened; she has put her entire family at risk.

Okay. Did I miss something? How did she get out of the dungeon?
@rascalsmom, was that Sami disguised as the unconscious guard lying on the dungeon floor? :rolleyes:
Will Steve and Hope have to leave town to seek revenge on Bo?
Kayla won't be happy if they do.
Rafe won't be happy, either. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I never did like Abigail but I do feel scared for the quandary she is in. It's a given that Ben is a nut case but she brought this all on with the back and forth from Chad and Ben. Even though she started to have doubts about Ben and knowing how furious he got when discussing/defending Chad, instead of keeping her big mouth shut and getting the heck out of Dodge she chose to banter with him.

All that being said, and remember I still think she's a loosey-goosey, Kate Mansi (Abby) gave a remarkably stellar performance in the labor/delivery scenes of little baby what's-his-name? So far Abigail, Hope, and Chad have put DOOL over the top and beyond expectations. My hats off to all of them.
I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't put that much of the blame on Abigail for Ben's nutty behavior.

That said, I DO think the writers screwed up a bit here. When Ben first came onto the soap, he hated how women were abused. And now he's basically doing the same thing? Talk about inconsistent. I don't blame these writers as much, though, because they were given a LOT of bad material to work with. But I do think they could've done a bit better.

Okay. Did I miss something? How did she get out of the dungeon?
No, you didn't miss anything. We have no idea how she got loose.

Sami: For all her brave talk about "bringing down" the DiMeras, she's now a common thief (well, maybe not so common), who probably took what might amount to pocket change for the Phoenix.
Maybe we should start a thread "Sami Brady is a Criminal"!

Preemie baby? Man, sure didn't look like it to me, and so fresh and clean looking too!!
We have to remember that TV shows and movies can't use real preemies on camera. While they try to cast babies who were preemies at birth (so they'll be smaller than full term babies of the same age, 6-8-10 weeks), it's not always possible to get the smallest babies to play newborns.

Even though I expected it to happen, I still felt bad for Wendy today. Like others said, I just wish she had tried to run out of the cabin while Ben was holding the baby. Even if she wanted to stay and help Abby and the baby, she would have had a better chance had she escaped and got outside help for them.

I'm glad Chad finally remembered about Ben and also got Rafe to finally put out an APB on Ben. I felt that Rafe, who had been so sharp about the Necktie Killer serial killer up to this point, has been slow to respond even though he had felt some suspicion with Ben before this.

Great scenes with the rest of the family and John/Marlena finding out about Bo. The past few days have been difficult watching Bo and his death scenes. While they have been handled very well and the actors have been doing an outstanding job, I am more than ready for the story to move forward now to see Hope in revenge mode and Steve and Kayla working their way back to each other.

Also, while I don't mind that Chase has not been part of the family scenes about Bo, just where is he at? Ciara could have just made a remark when she came to the pub that he went to a friend's house. I also don't know how Hope is going to be in any shape to take care of him.

While I am sick of Sami taking up time in a story that should have been John/Marlena vs. Andre, I had to laugh at Marlena's comment that her daughter is a criminal. Uh, Marlena, where have you been the last 20 years? Sami has broken a number of laws, including at least 3 incidences of switching paternity tests (Belle, Will, Theo). I don't care about her involvement in this story or any other with a not so dead EJ and she needs to stay off screen. Also, just who has been watching those kids of hers all this time? A nanny?

Kind of like the Christmas of 2010 when Johnny lost his eye to cancer, EJ was trying to keep Sami and Rafe away from Johnny, Hope had been beaten to within an inch of her life in prison, Bo broke her out of prison and they were on the run, Ciara was missing her parents, while the rest of the Hortons sadly hung the ornaments on the tree (which took about 15 seconds).

I remember the casting call was for "small babies" to portray a preemie. Well, if you have just given birth to a baby that is just 5 or 6 lbs. you just do not want to subject that newborn to whatever is going on with lights and cameras, cables, microphones, etc. Nor do you want your tiny baby smeared with gook to simulate blood, etc. etc.

So, I would think Days had a tough time, thus had no choice but to use a bigger baby than they would have liked. (It was not realistic for them to expect to actually get a small baby. Their only other choice would be to use footage from an actual birth, someone holding a newborn preemie, where they could crop, showing only arms, hands, etc. But even that evidently would not have worked for them.

Newborn Will was a doll, too. (when Sami initially delivered him) I remember Alison Sweeney (Sami) and Austin Peck (Austin) joking about fooling around with the doll, by tossing it around in rehearsals.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't put that much of the blame on Abigail for Ben's nutty behavior.

That said, I DO think the writers screwed up a bit here. When Ben first came onto the soap, he hated how women were abused. And now he's basically doing the same thing? Talk about inconsistent. I don't blame these writers as much, though, because they were given a LOT of bad material to work with. But I do think they could've done a bit better.

I agree with THIS. Ben may be nuts but it is NOT Abby's fault that he is. I'm willing to bet we will find out he has killed before too, perhaps in Miami. That might be a nice way to tie Eve into this as well as I'm betting Rafe doesn't know Ben's alias from Miami but Eve does. Maybe Lani will know something too--we still haven't had a scene with them together.

I think the writers screwed up by not having Abby see Ben's temper sooner. She saw bits and pieces of it yes but nowhere near the extreme that JJ and Chad have seen. And I wish JJ would have told her all about Clyde and Ben's reaction to it as well. This story has a lot of holes in it that could be plugged up nicely if the right characters were interacting with one another.

I didn't mean to indicate that Abigail was to blame for Ben's insanity, and I agree it was in place way before Salem. But I don't think it helped when she continually verbally defended and expressed her concern for Chad to Ben.

This added fuel to the "I hate and am over the top jealous of Chad" flame. However when she started to witness his temper and obsessive behavior, we the viewers, knew by her facial expressions she was having doubts. But she openly continued her obsession with Chad. In a nutshell, I came from an physically abusive situation so I know you don't continue to throw gas on the fire. You zip it and run to the nearest police station.

As far as her trying to call for help, Ben was right when he said something like, "if you wanted help why didn't you call 911 or your mom or JJ, instead of Chad?" Not sure of the exact words he used but you get the picture

In a nutshell, I came from an physically abusive situation so I know you don't continue to throw gas on the fire. You zip it and run to the nearest police station.
Except that some women (and men) don't do that. They stay and put up with the situation, which is often tragic.

Back